Chili's

2.1

To-Go Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spring, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Chili's.

I knew a friend that worked there so I ended up having a short interview and was hired immediately. It was a bit odd not having an official interview. I took a math and personality test which is a necessary part of the hiring part.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult questions. They asked when I could start training.   Answer Question

Restaurant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's in November 2014.

Apply online. Two days later I received a phone call from company recruiter for 1:1 interview. We met the beginning of the week. When I arrived, I can say the employees were exceptional friendly. I met with the recruiter few minutes later and sat on a booth to discuss my qualifications. I believe that not enough emphasis is given on experience and achievements.

Restaurant Manager Interview

First interview is phone. Multiple locations but there are corp and franchise which can make it difficult to find locations near you. Seems like a good company. They have been around for a long time.

Hostess Interview

I filled out an application and got a call to come in for an interview. They were interviewing other people that same day. The manager was late to the interview and neve called me back to tell me I had with got or not.

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chili's in April 2014.

Hiring and interview process was extremely easy, I applied online and I got and email the next day to set up and pick an appointment time. There's two interviews one with a manager and one with the GM. If the first manager likes you, they set up an interview with the GM in which they ask you the same basic questions and your schedule. Most easy going interview process I've had.

Interview Questions
    • What didn't you like about your past manager? That question caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's in March 2014.

Applied Online. Called. Got an Interview within the next week. Went in and received a call that I got hired the next day.
    Was a very laid back interview. It started off by the manager interviewing me about herself then asked what I like to do on my spare time. Then I talked to the GM.
    Asked about my experience and if I would have difficulty transitioning to their restaurant.
    I waited over an hour at the store to be interview.

Interview Questions
    • My weaknesses at my past job and why I left my past job.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chili's in September 2014.

The interview process lasted over 3 weeks. I did a phone interview, a video interview, and a face to face. Just when I thought I had aced the interview, i got that dreaded phone call and was informed that someone else was chosen.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you implemented a policy and had push- back from your staff?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Chili's in April 2014.

Not a particularly hard interview. Sat down with a manager and was asked a few general cliche questions. Only took around 30-45 minutes. They do two separate interviews, one with a hiring manager and the last with the general manager.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chili's in October 2014.

I got an email a few weeks after applying, asking me to schedule a time for an interview. I chose to have the interview on the 15th, and was called on the 18th with an offer for the position as hostess. I then received an email with instructions to complete some online paperwork before going in for my first day.

The interview: I arrived about 15 minutes early and waited about 5 minutes for the hiring manager to come out. We sat at a booth and he was casual and conversational. He asked a few questions about my past jobs, and was mostly interested in a restaurant job I'd had few years back (similar type of restaurant to Chili's so it was the most relevant). The interview was going well but I made sure to ask him questions as well, in an attempt to keep the interview going a bit longer and hoping to leave a good impression as someone talkative and sociable, like asking him how long he'd been with the company and what a typical day is like for a hostess, and asking him how he enjoyed working there.

After the interview he mentioned that he had a few more interviews that week but said he'd call me either way to let me know. It was surprisingly one of the easiest interviews I've had, maybe because his demeanor helped me feel at ease, as it was more like chatting with an older brother.

10-15 minutes early and I was done by maybe 5 minutes after my scheduled time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chili's in October 2014.

I applied on the Brinkers.com website and about two days later I got an email asking for an interview, I set up and interview for later that week. I showed up to my interview and had about a 5 minute wait until a manager cam to talk to me. The woman who interviewed me was super nice and made the interview short and sweet, she hired me on the spot. She asked for my availability and told me what my starting hourly rate would be. She then scheduled me to have orientation 2 days later. I came back on the day for orientation and had about a 10-15 minute wait until the manager came and spoke with me and the other hostess who was just hired. She went over the dress code, explained what's expected of us, told us about the In-house charity, talked about the possibility of transitioning to a server if we desired, she gave us a tour of the place, had us fill out some forms, and then we were done. I trained for about two days and the training process was great.