Chili's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.0

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews I went through over the span of two weeks. I was hired on the spot after the second interview. Both were very relaxed, and the questions asked were not very typical of interview questions. They really made you think how you would really fit into the culture.

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brighton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chili's (Brighton, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick and painless. I went in to check on my application and got an interview for the next day. Came in and was asked my availability. Availability was key to gaining employment. I made type that I had the option for a flexible schedule because I am in school. The interview lasted less than seven minutes. Then I was on my way.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marble Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chili's (Marble Falls, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview. Scheduled during a lunch rush, so I had to wait a long time for the manager. He was much more concerned about the amount of time I would be home for the summer than my qualifications even after I specified very clearly I would be working only for the summer at the start of the interview. Seemed disorganized.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Chili's in May 2015.

Interview

Referral by another area director. Which was worth absolutely nothing. Recruiter first, then testing, then a panel interview. Did homework on area director probably more than they did on me. I like to know who Im talking to. Applied to Chilis because I saw where I could bring more to the table than what I have seen when I have eaten at several locations. Area director stated that they would let me know either I got the job or didn't because he was a professional and would extend the courtesy. A month has passed still waiting for that "courtesy". Area director gave off the impression in the interview that they were looking for someone younger.

Interview Questions

• Questions were generic! Why do you feel you are a good fit for Chilis?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Chili's (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The overall interview process was quick and simple. Just asked me basic questions regarding my work and education history. I walked in, sat down at a table, and she asked a few questions. It was easy and I would recommend to anyone.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (Aliso Viejo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Two brief, short interviews. They both lasted about 10 minutes. The second manager I interviewed with was much more concerned with the fact that I MIGHT be leaving for college in August than my previous work experience.

Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's (Tulsa, OK) in April 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by two managers. GM and Maybe the front of house manager? Both were very nice and seemed to love their jobs. Asked about my work experience but more of what I was looking for in an employer which I thought was interesting. It was almost as if we were just getting to know each other, like they were determining if I would get along with the crew rather then if I could perform the duties in the Job description. Very laid back and easy going.

Interview Questions

• What wage or hours do you need to be able to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's (Fredericksburg, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Short and simple. I received a paper application at a job fair, filled it out and took it to the store location and got an on the spot interview. Afterwards, I was given a date for a second interview. I went to that one and did not get the job because they currently had no server positions available.

Server Interview

Interview

Submitted an application, got an interview for a server. Actually got hired as a server at 17, and after I started they said it would be too logistically difficult for me to serve (due to alcohol rules) and put me on the to-go window instead. That sucked because you don't make a whole lot in tips as a server at Chili's, but you make like way way less as a take out person because people don't feel like they need to tip you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Changed employment offer after I started.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chili's in March 2015.

Interview

I put in an app for host and server positions. Heard back about a month later by email to schedule an interview for a server position. The scheduling was done online on the website no contact with anyone from the restaurant itself. I arrived at the interview early and the manager was busy and had asked me to come back later. So again I arrive to my interview about 10 minutes early. I sit at a table waiting he was late when he finally arrive he asked me to tell him about myself and my experience. Before I could finish the question he noticed on my resume its been a few years since I worked in a restaurant and that he needs someone with previous experience. He would not even give me a chance to proceed with the question or the interview. I feel that doing everything electronic for this company is not efficient there's no contact someone saw my application as a good fit and but who? If the actual interviewed were able to review the apps we could have avoided existing both out time. I feel that it wasn't fair that I didn't get a chance to show what I had to offer and that I do have the experience needed.