Chili's

Updated Dec 3, 2014
Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.1

Prep Cook Interview

I applied through snagajob, and was hired on the spot at my interview because they were desperate for prep cooks. The restuarant industry has quite the turnover rate. I interviewed with a wonder manager. Back of house is almost always more laid back than front of house, because customers can't see you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's in July 2014.

I first did the application online and about a week later I received an email to be interviewed. The first interview was good it was about 15 mins 10 in which the manager was telling me about the company. The 5 mins she asked me regular interview questions and a few serving questions. If your applying for a server position they would like at least 2 years of serving experience. The second interview was even better. The manger was so nice and we even had a few jokes. He asked me more in detail questions about my previous work experience as well as some personality question and customer service. About an hour after I left I received a call that I got the job. Yay!! So in all it took about 2 weeks. I start on the 16th of aug.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with an angry customer? And if so how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    None. Minimum wage in ca is $9 + tips. Have great customer service and you can get great tips.

Server/Waiter Interview

Walked right in, no resume. Greeted by manager. Interview questions were very easy. They don't open til 10am. So calling to make an apt earlier in the day, when they are not busy or coming in right at 10 when it is slower is the best time to see a manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do If there was a dissatisfied customer.   View Answer

To Go Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's in June 2014.

I went in for a margarita but quickly became intrigued to work there after noticing how friendly but most of all how happy the bartender seemed. After asking him about how he came into his position I asked the hostess if that specific Chili's was actively hiring. She told me that the restaurant in fact does need help so she grabbed the manager for me. I spoke with Adam,whom is the General Manager, and he told me about the position he seeking to become filled. He then told me to apply online and follow up the following Monday. I did just that. To make a longer story short, I just left my first day of orientation about four hours ago! Today is a great present for my 24th birthday. 6/29 P.S. I applied last week's Saturday night (6/22),

There was no negotiation. It's $8.50 per hour plus I get my own tip jar every shift I work. Hello, NO MORE BEING BROKE! :-)

Hostess Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's in June 2014.

Applied online, emailed to schedule an interview for whenever I was available. It was really easy, short interview. I kinda felt it didn't go well since when I got there the interviewer was still interviewing another man and I waited for awhile until he met with me, but my interview was literally only 5 minutes. He was very nice but it was extremely short, and I suggest asking questions.

Interview Questions
    • What three words would your friends use to describe you?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chili's in June 2014.

I applied to Chili's about two weeks before I called. I called Wednesday, asked for a manager and asked to set up a interview. The manager accepted, and told me to come in the next day. I came in 15 minutes early an waited about 3 minutes before the manager came out (very fast). He asked me about 3 questions and seemed to like me. He then set me a interview up with the GM for the next day. I came in 15 minutes early the next day for the GM interview. The GM was very nice and asked me LOTS of questions (more than I would expect for a job that pays $7.50-8.00). She took a lot of good notes about my interview and I was very confident. I was sure I got the job. She told me should would be calling me back either later that day or no more than 24 hours. She even gave me her business card and told me: "You presented yourself very well." At that point, I knew I had it. She didn't call me back later that day, nor did she the next day. I called that next day and asked for her, and she wasn't in. So i called that Sunday. She apologized for not calling me when she said she would and that she hasn't discussed with the other manager who is getting the position so she told me to call back tomorrow (Monday) and the man will either tell me yes or no. I called that next day and the man told me: "You are not a good fit. We are looking for a daytime hostess." On my application and on BOTH my interviews, I specified that I had open availability. I'm really not sure why they said that, but I came to the conclusion that it was a race issue. At this particular location, I have NEVER seen a race other than Caucasian working here. I live 5 minutes from this location, and have been about 10-15 times in my time living in this area. I was highly disappointed at this point and considered writing to corporate about this situation. I didn't because I knew that wouldn't solve anything. But, I will never be eating at the Chili's in FRISCO, TEXAS ever again in my life because of this experience.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's.

Cold called and then told to go online and apply. Got an email a few days later to invite me to an interview and then setup a second one shortly after the first.

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chili's in May 2014.

Called for open house in Miami at hotel. Then spoke to HR for 20mins. Told me to come to another open house for broward will email me when she has the time but gave me a link to take Assessment. Then I went to open house at a chilis in Miami. The Area Director who interviewed me did not seem like a people person and I could tell he wasn't impressed. After they said they would contact me to see if they wanted to go further. Overall I could tell it didn't go good. I didn't hear from them for a week so I emailed HR and she didn't reply until 2 days later. She sent me a generic email stating they didn't think I had enough experience and would keep looking for other candidates which is funny being I have been in the biz 10 years and a manager for 4 years and 6weeks later it looks like they are still looking for managers. Come on its Beer and Burgers not Cheesecake Factory. Overall Experience left a bad taste in my mouth where I don't even want to eat their as a customer. Also I leave you on this note Darden hired me and they are a more prestigious company than chilis so eat that chilis. Your loss their gain

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's in May 2014.

I applied online, in a few days they contacted me by mail and asked me to pick a date for my interview. I got my first interview with a manager, there were a few simple questions such as : " A server must have good memory to remember the order do you think you can manage that?" Then I was called the next day for the next interview with the general manager. Just be polite and show them you are willing to work hard.

Interview Questions
    • There weren`t difficult questions, I remember questions like: Why should I hire you? Which are your strengths and your weaknesses? how would you manage in a specific situation, for instance with a rude customer?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation he told me that the salary is about 7$ for a host / 2$ for a server. They rely on the fact the servers make good salary from tips.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's.

Application, personality assessment, interview