Chili's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.0

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Chili's (Nashville, TN).

Interview

The overall interview process was quick and simple. Just asked me basic questions regarding my work and education history. I walked in, sat down at a table, and she asked a few questions. It was easy and I would recommend to anyone.

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's (Fredericksburg, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Short and simple. I received a paper application at a job fair, filled it out and took it to the store location and got an on the spot interview. Afterwards, I was given a date for a second interview. I went to that one and did not get the job because they currently had no server positions available.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (Aliso Viejo, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Two brief, short interviews. They both lasted about 10 minutes. The second manager I interviewed with was much more concerned with the fact that I MIGHT be leaving for college in August than my previous work experience.

Server Interview

Interview

Submitted an application, got an interview for a server. Actually got hired as a server at 17, and after I started they said it would be too logistically difficult for me to serve (due to alcohol rules) and put me on the to-go window instead. That sucked because you don't make a whole lot in tips as a server at Chili's, but you make like way way less as a take out person because people don't feel like they need to tip you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Changed employment offer after I started.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chili's in March 2015.

Interview

I put in an app for host and server positions. Heard back about a month later by email to schedule an interview for a server position. The scheduling was done online on the website no contact with anyone from the restaurant itself.

I arrived at the interview early and the manager was busy and had asked me to come back later. So again I arrive to my interview about 10 minutes early. I sit at a table waiting he was late when he finally arrive he asked me to tell him about myself and my experience. Before I could finish the question he noticed on my resume its been a few years since I worked in a restaurant and that he needs someone with previous experience. He would not even give me a chance to proceed with the question or the interview.

I feel that doing everything electronic for this company is not efficient there's no contact someone saw my application as a good fit and but who? If the actual interviewed were able to review the apps we could have avoided existing both out time. I feel that it wasn't fair that I didn't get a chance to show what I had to offer and that I do have the experience needed.

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's (Saint Augustine, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and went in to check on the status. Then asked to come back and interview. Talked with the general manager and was offered the job after a short negotiation process.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have in a full service restaurant?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Viera, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's (Viera, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Had 2 interviews and both were very relaxed and fairly easy. As long as you're dressed appropriately, maintain eye contact, speak clearly, and exude confidence, you will have a great chance of getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you and what makes you the ideal candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told them that I would like to get between $9 and $10/hr. When they offered me the position, I was told I would receive $10.50/hr. :-)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (Chico, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online then within a couple hours I had an email asking me to set up an interview time & date. I went in on a Wednesday & intervewed with a manager. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and she was asking questions from a paper and grading me as I answered. All of my questions I answered were graded either a 5 or 4 on a grading scale of 1-5. Then after contacting my previous employer and a reference I left I was called for a second interview with the GM. This interview was very laid back and easy. After his interview she told me she had a couple more interviews Nd would call me by the beginning of the next week letting me know if I got the job or not. I was called earlier the next week and offered the job. I applied the 20th of February and got the call that I got the job in March 9th.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever had to push a product or special to up sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's (Savannah, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

the interview process was fairly quick. i applied online and also had a friend refer me in store (she already was working at this chili's. i met with the manager only and was told that if they had an available position for me i'd be notified within a week.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for the position? What are you studying in school? What qualities do you have for this location?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Chili's.

Interview

There was one interview and it was in person. There were no hard questions asked (e.g. no behavioral ones). It was just a run-down of your resume basically. If you can hold a conversation with someone in an interview style format, you can make it through this interview. Nothing difficult about it at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but my co-worker did and got a higher starting pay than I did.