Chili's

108 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Server
Rochester Hills, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – I walked in and received an interview on the spot. I was called to come back and have an interview with the General Manager the next week. The General Manager asked me about my previous restaurant experience and current life pursuits. I was then given a packet for training and a menu to study before I started training the following week. When I started training (5 day's of training) I had already memorized the entire menu. I followed someone for about 3 days and got to skip the last two days of training because I already knew what I was doing.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you a customer was upset and you handled it.   View Answer

Food Server Interview

Food Server
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in May 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for a job, then once they approved the application I took a short test to test basic knowledge. After they reviewed they reviewed the results I met with a manager and the general manager. He told me about the day to day operations and the duties I would be required to do. After we talked for about 30 minutes, I was offered the job and I accepted. I started a week later in training.

Interview Question – I was asked about how I would deal with being degraded by customers who think I was not capable of doing my job.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Host
Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Chili's in August 2013.

Interview Details – It was really quick interview! Interview was suppose to be at 2:30, but I arrived around 2:10 and was out no later than 2:20. They told me that they weren't quite looking for a host currently (which was weird since they had ads up....), but that she would contact her partner and see if they can fit me in the schedule. She then my got my phone number and asked what school I attended. It was really quick and nothing hard! She asked only for my age, number, and school basically. They haven't contacted me back yet.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions for me! Very quick and personal questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – The hiring was like a cattle call, well over 50 managers herded into a small room for further interviews. Area director was very unorganized, and seemed pretty much disinterested in even being there. When moved to second interview it was short and sweet and left you hanging. Follow up phone calls where left messages went unanswered

Interview Question – was a few years ago I do not remember specific questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple no back and forth banter you get what you ask for

Server
Alamogordo, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in May 2013.

Interview Details – Made to wait over an hour past interview time for interview, then she laughed and said she didn't know what to ask me, so i came back to talk to another manager the next day, again waited over an hour, this guy was some grease ball snake in the grass type, I tried to work him but he was slippery and in the end i wound up with a lower position than i wanted

Interview Question – Sell me a Steak and Lobster for lunch   Answer Question

Server/Bartender

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – You have to fill out an application online and take a personality test in order to even get an interview. Then you go through a few interviews (two if I remember correctly) to get hired.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult is asked- just use your common sense.   Answer Question

Macedonia, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – They had a hiring sign up and i walked in an applied. 3 days later, they called me for an interview. I was interviewed by the 3 managers. I had no experience in serving but was hired on the spot. They hire servers with n experience because they like to train them, themselves. The key is to make a lot of eye contact, show interest and SMILE!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here? If you could be any animal? very simple basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Humble, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chili's in January 2013.

Interview Details – Simple and clearly unprofessional.
I applied online at brinkerjobs.com where I was subjected to take a personality examination which lasted all of an hour. Afterwards my application was submitted.
Upon waiting a week, I called the location I applied to and a interview was set up for me the following day.
I came in at the specificed time of 2:00.. At 2:50 a manager approached me and we spoke. He then told me to come back at 4:30. Later that day I was hired.

Jacksonville, FL

Interviewed at Chili's

Interview Details – Go in apply for a job. Take personality and skills test

Interview Question – none. basic question   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – Hiring is done entirely online, which is frustrating for people who are lacking in experience but make up for it in personality. Our managers refuse to speak to drop ins or people who are following up after submitting their applications. You must pass a multiple choice personality/intelligence test before you are hired.
I was hired before the online hiring began. I walked in and was hired the same day.

Interview Question – The questions are all fairly standard for a restaurant position.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chili's