Chili's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's (Chico, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online then within a couple hours I had an email asking me to set up an interview time & date. I went in on a Wednesday & intervewed with a manager. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and she was asking questions from a paper and grading me as I answered. All of my questions I answered were graded either a 5 or 4 on a grading scale of 1-5. Then after contacting my previous employer and a reference I left I was called for a second interview with the GM. This interview was very laid back and easy. After his interview she told me she had a couple more interviews Nd would call me by the beginning of the next week letting me know if I got the job or not. I was called earlier the next week and offered the job. I applied the 20th of February and got the call that I got the job in March 9th.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever had to push a product or special to up sales?   1 Answer

Host/Runner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's (Charleston, WV) in February 2015.

Interview

Did two interviews one with an assistant manager and the other with the general manager. Both interviews were extremely basic and super easy. As long as you go in there with your head on your shoulders and dress the right way you will get the job no problem

Host Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

There was one interview and it was in person. There were no hard questions asked (e.g. no behavioral ones). It was just a run-down of your resume basically. If you can hold a conversation with someone in an interview style format, you can make it through this interview. Nothing difficult about it at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation but my co-worker did and got a higher starting pay than I did.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

Super easy interview, the manager asked me to talk about my interests and hobbies and made me feel as relaxed as possible. I had the interview with one of the managers, and ended with the general manager who offered me the job on the spot, day of my interview. It was a very quick process and I was working in a matter of no time. They treat you like family when you work for Chili's and help you out no matter what.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because it had been my first job interview at that time, although if I could do it over I would ask if there were open opportunities to advance in the company. (to-go, QA, serving, etc.)

Food Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

Basic interview. A manager calls about your application and sets up a time for you to come in for an interview. You basically meet with them during a shift and they go over your application and ask the basic questions: what is your work history? why chilis? then they let you know they will be contacting you soon.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve an issue with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

filled out an online app went in for interview was asked to come back and meet with front of house manager , came back and was invited back for third interview was a very typical interview for a server position

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to deal with a problem with a customer   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

I applied for the job online a I got a email a few days after telling me to schedule an interview. I went to the interview and they asked some basic questions, about my experience, why i wanted to work for that place and position.

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's (East Haven, CT).

Interview

it was very open. Managment was very nice,respectful and easy to talk to. they explained rules, regulations,scheduling,security,proper storage,quality control,and food waste.i was asked about my experience as a cook all my skills and abilitys. all the questions were easy to answer and uderstandable.

Interview Questions

• there really wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

great

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

Applied online and took the assessment test, immediately received email to schedule an interview f2f. Two separate interviews with front house manager, then general manager. After a few days they compared interview notes and received a call that I got the job and to report to orientation at a scheduled date.

Interview Questions

• What was your best experience with customer service and what are specific things that made it a great experience?   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Quick sit down interview with the manager and he asked me a few questions about my previous jobs, backgrounds and if I was available to work at nights weekends and on calls. I was available to work asap so they hired me fairly quickly

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work nights?   1 Answer