Chili's

Average Difficulty
124 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Server

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – The process was very typical. He asked about past experiences and availability.

Naperville, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chili's in February 2011.

Interview Details – Walked in with app. Recieved a 5 min. interview on the spot. Called me in next day for an additional interview, hired on the spot after that one.

Interview Question – Personal examples of multiple problem situations with unhappy guests.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Carson City, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email invitation to come interview. The restaurant manager, Ron, wasn't very personable and seemed ill-suited for management in the service industry. He seemed impatient with my answers and interrupted me frequently when I was attempting to answer his questions.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult, but the manager's demeanor was what made the interview uncomfortable. He doesn't seem like a fun guy to work for!   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email to schedule an interview within a few days. There were two interviews. The first was to go over the job functions and prior work history. The second were basic questions about how I handled situations in my previous work or school.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate customer?   Answer Question

Waitress/Food Expo Interview

Waitress/Food Expo
Mayaguez, PR

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was fast and good. THEy hired me at the spot.

Interview Question – The questions were all clear.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Welcome to the family.

Rochester Hills, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – I walked in and received an interview on the spot. I was called to come back and have an interview with the General Manager the next week. The General Manager asked me about my previous restaurant experience and current life pursuits. I was then given a packet for training and a menu to study before I started training the following week. When I started training (5 day's of training) I had already memorized the entire menu. I followed someone for about 3 days and got to skip the last two days of training because I already knew what I was doing.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you a customer was upset and you handled it.   View Answer

Food Server Interview

Food Server
Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in May 2009.

Interview Details – Applied for a job, then once they approved the application I took a short test to test basic knowledge. After they reviewed they reviewed the results I met with a manager and the general manager. He told me about the day to day operations and the duties I would be required to do. After we talked for about 30 minutes, I was offered the job and I accepted. I started a week later in training.

Interview Question – I was asked about how I would deal with being degraded by customers who think I was not capable of doing my job.   Answer Question

Host Interview

Host
Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Chili's in August 2013.

Interview Details – It was really quick interview! Interview was suppose to be at 2:30, but I arrived around 2:10 and was out no later than 2:20. They told me that they weren't quite looking for a host currently (which was weird since they had ads up....), but that she would contact her partner and see if they can fit me in the schedule. She then my got my phone number and asked what school I attended. It was really quick and nothing hard! She asked only for my age, number, and school basically. They haven't contacted me back yet.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions for me! Very quick and personal questions.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – The hiring was like a cattle call, well over 50 managers herded into a small room for further interviews. Area director was very unorganized, and seemed pretty much disinterested in even being there. When moved to second interview it was short and sweet and left you hanging. Follow up phone calls where left messages went unanswered

Interview Question – was a few years ago I do not remember specific questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple no back and forth banter you get what you ask for

Alamogordo, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in May 2013.

Interview Details – Made to wait over an hour past interview time for interview, then she laughed and said she didn't know what to ask me, so i came back to talk to another manager the next day, again waited over an hour, this guy was some grease ball snake in the grass type, I tried to work him but he was slippery and in the end i wound up with a lower position than i wanted

Interview Question – Sell me a Steak and Lobster for lunch   Answer Question