Chili's

110 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Host Interview

Host

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – Saw a Craigslist ad, sent in my résumé, they called me to have me take a basic customer service test. After passing they called me in for a first and second interview with two different managers. Was offered the position after the second interview.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you gave excellent customer service   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Chili's in October 2012.

Interview Details – Long process had like 3 interviews before I could start 2 weeks after last one. Please have patience when going through the interviews it is totally worth it.

Interview Question – How much money would you like to make?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy

Server/Host Interview

Pleasanton, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in December 2012.

Interview Details – Got hired on the spot with the assistant manager.
if you choose to make the mistake of applying to work at Chili's you have to go online first, follow up with a call a day later and i got my interview in a snap.
Hiring was quick and painless, just wish the job was painless.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions- your strengths, weaknesses, what would you do in a difficult situation? etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. take it or leave it.

Host Interview

Host
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online on a Sunday night and had a positive email response the next day. Set up an interview through their website for Wednesday afternoon, and they were expecting me and prepared. I was hired that same day and had orientation the Saturday of the same week.

Interview Question – Questions were very straight forward and most of them came straight off of the online application.   Answer Question

Goleta, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chili's in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online at the beginning of January. I had to pass through a questionaire that sorted out different personalities and work ethics. I got an email a couple days later asking me to schedule an interview. Super easy, I scheduled it myself on my own time. I then met with the GM for the interview. She was super laid back, and she asked me some questions about working in a team and about previous server xp. She must have liked me, because she hired me without any prior serving experience. Very comfortable interview process.

Interview Question – How have you worked in a team on a job before?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take the offer, good pay, flexible hours for a student.

Hostess/Food Server Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – I picked up a job application from the Chili's at Kapolei. Job applications are available on site and they usually give on the spot interviews from 2-5 pm. I arrived at between that designated time and got an interview right away. I got hired on the spot and asked to attend an orientation. Training for a hostess is 2 days and food server is 5 days. The food server has to memorize drink, food items, and must pass with a b/c average.

Interview Question – I was working 2 other jobs at the time and the manager asked me if I was willing to quite both jobs to open up my schedule.   View Answer

Chilli's To-Go Cashier Interview

Chilli's To-Go Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – Filled out application online, set up interview day and time online. Went into Chili's wearing black slacks and nice dressy top. Sat down with manager at the booth. He asked me to tell him about myself and my experience with doing To-Go and cashiering. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They told me the rate was 9.00/hr plus tips

Bloomington, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – The manager told me they are still figuring out a new process. The entire app was filled out online along with questions and resume. They first emailed and then called with an interview time. Interview started a little fuzzy because of the new system, but ended up flowing like a conversation.

First, I was asked to describe myself. My likes, hobbies, recent activities and include some work history in my self-description. How long have you been a server? Describe a time you were stiffed and what you did. Tell me about the best service you have ever had. Where was it and why was it the best? Why do you want to work for Chili's?

Interview Question – First I was asked if I've ever eaten at a Chili's. (Yes.) What are some of your favorite menu items? Then I was asked to describe one of my favorites to him like I was describing it to a customer. (I would have taken a look at the menu for a refresher if I knew there would have been such a detailed question!)   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Hanover, PA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – Short and brief. Online application, asks you a bit about who you are as a person. Questions that actually pertain to your particular interests, and not one of those typical bland online applications. Interview process was also very brief. Walked in there 15 minutes early, was interviewed the moment I got in, and was out 5 minutes before the actual interview time. Basic interview questions (why you want to work there, why you applied, your availability, stuff like that, the basics). Follow up interview is just them setting up your schedule.

Interview Question – Really wasn't any.   Answer Question

High Point, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chili's in June 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and was able to interview with a manager the same day. I was called in for a second interview later in the week and offered the position that afternoon via phone call. The interview was standard with no curve balls.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation and server pay is $2.13/hour plus tips.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chili's