Chili's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Southern Pines, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's (Southern Pines, NC).

Interview

Went in for an interview and hired right on the spot. The general manager, asked me some basic questions about myself and got a feel for my personality. I didn't have any other serving experience but I did have experience in a restaurant and the general manager hired me based on my personality.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Biloxi, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's (Biloxi, MS) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process lasted over 3 weeks. I did a phone interview, a video interview, and a face to face. Just when I thought I had aced the interview, i got that dreaded phone call and was informed that someone else was chosen.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you implemented a policy and had push- back from your staff?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's (Dallas, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Long, grueling online assessment (a few hours) followed by weeks of HR interviews then AD interviews. Seems a bit much to serve people burgers and fries. Everyone was polite and it wasn't a "there's a wrong answer" type interview, almost more free wheeling conversation, which was nice. It's a big company so it weeds most people out during online assments and phone interviews, so if you make it to that point, you've probably done well.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were able to give an excellent guest experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's (Wayne, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a serving position, after seeing a job opening posted on Craigslist. Their online application requires an assessment portion (I assume to evaluate your personality / people skills). I received a phone call from management a day after submitting my application and was told to come in for an interview. I interviewed with the GM of the location, and after briefly chatting about myself and their restaurant, I was asked for my availability and subsequently hired.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time when a guest was upset/disappointed with their experience? How did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's (Wilmington, DE) in August 2014.

Interview

I completed the application online and got a call 2 days later for an interview. I was 5th out of 8 people interviewed that day, with 2 more they were interviewing the following day (what I was told). The interview was easy, but unorganized. I was told they were also hiring for Servers, cooks and bussers and all applicants would be considered for all positions. I was also told I should be updated on the hiring process by the end of the week. I was never updated, as promised, even when I gave them my email and phone number on 3 seperate occasions following the interview within a 3 week span to check on the hiring process. They told me they were still interviewing applicants 2 weeks after mine. This company should have been more professional and organized in their hiring process. Even though I have accepted a job offer elsewhere, I still have not received an update from Chili's, a month later, lol. That explains why the manager stated they have had several employees leave a few days after starting, lol.

Anonymous Employee in Streamwood, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chili's (Streamwood, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Met with the managers, got asked a couple questions, saw the whole place, met with the employees, was told to go to my orientation. The orientation was at Arlington Heights

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good server?   1 Answer

Prep Cook Interview

Interview

I applied through snagajob, and was hired on the spot at my interview because they were desperate for prep cooks. The restuarant industry has quite the turnover rate. I interviewed with a wonder manager. Back of house is almost always more laid back than front of house, because customers can't see you.

Anonymous Employee in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's (Carson, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I first did the application online and about a week later I received an email to be interviewed. The first interview was good it was about 15 mins 10 in which the manager was telling me about the company. The 5 mins she asked me regular interview questions and a few serving questions. If your applying for a server position they would like at least 2 years of serving experience. The second interview was even better. The manger was so nice and we even had a few jokes. He asked me more in detail questions about my previous work experience as well as some personality question and customer service. About an hour after I left I received a call that I got the job. Yay!! So in all it took about 2 weeks. I start on the 16th of aug.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with an angry customer? And if so how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Minimum wage in ca is $9 + tips. Have great customer service and you can get great tips.

Server/Waiter Interview

Interview

Walked right in, no resume. Greeted by manager. Interview questions were very easy. They don't open til 10am. So calling to make an apt earlier in the day, when they are not busy or coming in right at 10 when it is slower is the best time to see a manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do If there was a dissatisfied customer.   1 Answer

To Go Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I went in for a margarita but quickly became intrigued to work there after noticing how friendly but most of all how happy the bartender seemed. After asking him about how he came into his position I asked the hostess if that specific Chili's was actively hiring. She told me that the restaurant in fact does need help so she grabbed the manager for me. I spoke with Adam,whom is the General Manager, and he told me about the position he seeking to become filled. He then told me to apply online and follow up the following Monday. I did just that. To make a longer story short, I just left my first day of orientation about four hours ago! Today is a great present for my 24th birthday. 6/29 P.S. I applied last week's Saturday night (6/22),

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It's $8.50 per hour plus I get my own tip jar every shift I work. Hello, NO MORE BEING BROKE! :-)