Chili's

126 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – The hiring was like a cattle call, well over 50 managers herded into a small room for further interviews. Area director was very unorganized, and seemed pretty much disinterested in even being there. When moved to second interview it was short and sweet and left you hanging. Follow up phone calls where left messages went unanswered

Interview Question – was a few years ago I do not remember specific questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – simple no back and forth banter you get what you ask for

Alamogordo, NM

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in May 2013.

Interview Details – Made to wait over an hour past interview time for interview, then she laughed and said she didn't know what to ask me, so i came back to talk to another manager the next day, again waited over an hour, this guy was some grease ball snake in the grass type, I tried to work him but he was slippery and in the end i wound up with a lower position than i wanted

Interview Question – Sell me a Steak and Lobster for lunch   Answer Question

Server/Bartender

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – You have to fill out an application online and take a personality test in order to even get an interview. Then you go through a few interviews (two if I remember correctly) to get hired.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult is asked- just use your common sense.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Macedonia, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – They had a hiring sign up and i walked in an applied. 3 days later, they called me for an interview. I was interviewed by the 3 managers. I had no experience in serving but was hired on the spot. They hire servers with n experience because they like to train them, themselves. The key is to make a lot of eye contact, show interest and SMILE!

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here? If you could be any animal? very simple basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Hostess Interview

Hostess
Humble, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chili's in January 2013.

Interview Details – Simple and clearly unprofessional.
I applied online at brinkerjobs.com where I was subjected to take a personality examination which lasted all of an hour. Afterwards my application was submitted.
Upon waiting a week, I called the location I applied to and a interview was set up for me the following day.
I came in at the specificed time of 2:00.. At 2:50 a manager approached me and we spoke. He then told me to come back at 4:30. Later that day I was hired.

Jacksonville, FL

Interviewed at Chili's

Interview Details – Go in apply for a job. Take personality and skills test

Interview Question – none. basic question   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – Hiring is done entirely online, which is frustrating for people who are lacking in experience but make up for it in personality. Our managers refuse to speak to drop ins or people who are following up after submitting their applications. You must pass a multiple choice personality/intelligence test before you are hired.
I was hired before the online hiring began. I walked in and was hired the same day.

Interview Question – The questions are all fairly standard for a restaurant position.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – drawn out. 3 to 4 different interviewers, and I was an internal promotion.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Interviewed at Chili's

Interview Details – The interview processes was easy and simple.

Interview Question – Not really. Just make sure you come prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of negotiation as it was a serving job.

Prep Cook Interview

Prep Cook
Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Chili's in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and two days later I scheduled an interview with them. My interview went well and very easy questions to answer which led me to a second interview with the GM. The GM was suppose to call me back for a job offer which he had promised but he never called back. After a few days of consideration, I called back to see the status of my employment, but they told me that the GM is busy and will return my call in a couple of hours but never did. I called again the next day and they told me that they will call me back in an hour but never did.

Interview Question – How did you handle a customer that was giving you a hard time?   Answer Question