Chili's Line Cook Interview Questions

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's in August 2012.

The application was filled out at the restaurant. I came in a few days later for a first interview with the kitchen manager. She asked me about my work experience, my schedule availability, how I would benefit the company. After that, I came in the next week to interview with the general manager. He asked the same questions for the most part and hired me that day.

Interview Questions
  • If you were a cartoon character, what character would you be?   Answer Question
They started me at 9.50 stating that they weren't sure about a raise but would try to find out. A week later, I received a 50 cent raise.

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham Springs, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denham Springs, LA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's in May 2011.

I am attending the Louisiana Culinary Institute this Fall and needed some experience in the food industry, so I drove to the Chili's around the corner from my house. Luckily, they just so happened to be looking for cooks. Mind you, I have no previous experience in a professional kitchen. I walked in, applied, and asked to submit my application in person (always a good move). She sat me down and briefly read through my application, asking a few questions here and there and told me to come back in a few days, so I did. When I came back, the manager who was going to interview me told me to come back for testing a few days later. When I came back for testing he brought me over to a table with a few scales, some dry rice, dry pasta, a glass of water, and some empty ziploc bags. The test had two parts: the first was to read a recipe and do some basic conversions (there was a conversion chart on the recipe page, but it is always better to impress them by knowing the conversions by heart), and the second portion used the scales to measure out some of the dry ingredients and portion them into the bags. I recommend staying cool and not worrying about the clock. Focus, instead, on accuracy and cleanliness. He brought me to the front of the store while he graded my test, came back and hired me on the spot making $10/hr. working Salad/Nacho. Five days of paid training are included.

Interview Questions
    I didn't have to negotiate much. The pay was right for me, and I got the position I applied for. I asked that accommodations be made for my school schedule in the Fall, and the manager obliged.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valdosta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chili's in July 2010.

I called the store to see if there were any open positions in the kitchen. After being informed there were i filled out the application and got a call back for an interview a couple of days later. the interview went smoothly mostly a lot of converrsation about the position personal obligations outside of work. i was then hired and have been working every since.

Interview Questions
    there wasnt too much to negotiate due to it being a entry level position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Langhorne, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chili's in March 2010.

I submitted my resume online and was called in the next day. I had work experience so was hired on the spot. They also needed a line cook desperately (HIGH) turnover rate in the resto business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chili's in August 2009.

they ask you where you work experience and be able to work as a team member in the line cook and can be able to learn quick

Interview Questions
    • none to me but because i was having six years of prior experience   Answer Question
    9.00 dollars