Chili's

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hickory, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in August 2012.

Interview Details – The application was filled out at the restaurant. I came in a few days later for a first interview with the kitchen manager. She asked me about my work experience, my schedule availability, how I would benefit the company. After that, I came in the next week to interview with the general manager. He asked the same questions for the most part and hired me that day.

Interview Question – If you were a cartoon character, what character would you be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They started me at 9.50 stating that they weren't sure about a raise but would try to find out. A week later, I received a 50 cent raise.

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Chili's in August 2009.

Interview Details – they ask you where you work experience and be able to work as a team member in the line cook and can be able to learn quick

Interview Question – none to me but because i was having six years of prior experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 9.00 dollars

Langhorne, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chili's in March 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and was called in the next day. I had work experience so was hired on the spot. They also needed a line cook desperately (HIGH) turnover rate in the resto business.

Interview Question – None pertaining to the job.   Answer Question

Denham Springs, LA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chili's in May 2011.

Interview Details – I am attending the Louisiana Culinary Institute this Fall and needed some experience in the food industry, so I drove to the Chili's around the corner from my house. Luckily, they just so happened to be looking for cooks. Mind you, I have no previous experience in a professional kitchen. I walked in, applied, and asked to submit my application in person (always a good move). She sat me down and briefly read through my application, asking a few questions here and there and told me to come back in a few days, so I did. When I came back, the manager who was going to interview me told me to come back for testing a few days later. When I came back for testing he brought me over to a table with a few scales, some dry rice, dry pasta, a glass of water, and some empty ziploc bags. The test had two parts: the first was to read a recipe and do some basic conversions (there was a conversion chart on the recipe page, but it is always better to impress them by knowing the conversions by heart), and the second portion used the scales to measure out some of the dry ingredients and portion them into the bags. I recommend staying cool and not worrying about the clock. Focus, instead, on accuracy and cleanliness. He brought me to the front of the store while he graded my test, came back and hired me on the spot making $10/hr. working Salad/Nacho. Five days of paid training are included.

Interview Question – What position are you applying for?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't have to negotiate much. The pay was right for me, and I got the position I applied for. I asked that accommodations be made for my school schedule in the Fall, and the manager obliged.

Valdosta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in July 2010.

Interview Details – I called the store to see if there were any open positions in the kitchen. After being informed there were i filled out the application and got a call back for an interview a couple of days later. the interview went smoothly mostly a lot of converrsation about the position personal obligations outside of work. i was then hired and have been working every since.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – there wasnt too much to negotiate due to it being a entry level position.

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!