Chili's Manager Interview Questions

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

I applied to the position twice. Once through their website and again through craig's list. The craig's list account was the one that got me the interview. It was a semi casual interview in the dining room of one of the restaurants. Everyone was prompt and professional. They talk alot about their culture, and how important finding the right person for the job. They were very out going and talkative. Conversation flowed easily from question to question. They truly want to get to know you as a person, not just what you can bring to the team, but really making sure the fit is right.

Interview Questions
  • The "Tell me a time when" questions are always the hardest. They wanted to know a time when I failed at work, how I handled it and what I leared from the experience.   Answer Question
Chili's gave me a generous offer right out of college and there was not much negotiation. They asked me what I wanted to make and they gave me it.

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

process was drawn out, verification is a joke, they didn't check anything at all, so heads up if ya got felonies, this is your shot!

it was BS, they stated a range of mid to upper 40's then offered 45...with over 8 years of experience and 2 degrees... I asked for more, they gave me a grand.

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

The hiring was like a cattle call, well over 50 managers herded into a small room for further interviews. Area director was very unorganized, and seemed pretty much disinterested in even being there. When moved to second interview it was short and sweet and left you hanging. Follow up phone calls where left messages went unanswered

Interview Questions
    • was a few years ago I do not remember specific questions   Answer Question
    simple no back and forth banter you get what you ask for

Manager Interview

I applied through other source - interviewed at Chili's.

Long process (2 weeks) from time of phone interview to actual interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Corpus Christi, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Chili's in October 2012.

Long process had like 3 interviews before I could start 2 weeks after last one. Please have patience when going through the interviews it is totally worth it.

Interview Questions
    • How much money would you like to make?   View Answer

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's in June 2009.

Sit down interview in Tampa

Interview Questions
    • What's the single most important aspect of running a restaurant to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's in February 2008.

Interviewed first with recruiter on the phone, then she called me in and interviewed me in the office. She then had an area director contacted me and we met at a local chilis. He spoke more about chilis then we did about myself. My advice is to look on the website and read the description of the job positions they are looking to fill. There are key words (hospitality, culture) that will score you bonus points. Do research on the company's global growth and recent business changes.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most important thing to a guest dining in our restaurant?   View Answer
    I was given the amount I requested. Ask for what you feel you are worth - you won't get it otherwise!

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Chili's in July 2009.

HR, AD , & Test

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chili's in January 2009.

I was contacted promptly, and a first interview was scheduled with an area manager. I got a neutral feeling-- couldn't really tell if the guy liked me or not. About 3 weeks passed, and then got a call from another area manager for a second interview. The second interview went well, and I received the job offer at the end. Good interview-- just a very long process. I am glad I still had my old job in the meantime.

Interview Questions
    Yes, be confident and ask for what you are worth. I did, and it worked out in my favor.

Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in July 2008.

I interview two serparte time one with and AD and one with HR director.

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!