Chili's Prep Cook Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

1.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Prep Cook Interview

I applied through snagajob, and was hired on the spot at my interview because they were desperate for prep cooks. The restuarant industry has quite the turnover rate. I interviewed with a wonder manager. Back of house is almost always more laid back than front of house, because customers can't see you.

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulare, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulare, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chili's in January 2014.

It was very easy. Asked basic questions about HCCP. What to wear. Talked a lot about how you would have to do over time. Asked how long it should take to close down your station

They hired me on the spot. First said I would be making $9 an hour. Then once hired they only payed $8.00

Prep Cook Interview

Applied online, received a phone call to come in, was asked basic questions, received a call back for second interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's in May 2013.

Application was online and included a personality test. This generated a generic email response saying that I looked like a good fit for the position and requesting that I schedule an interview. The interview was in the afternoon with a front-of-the-house manager (the kitchen manager wasn't available) and consisted entirely of behavior based questions, i.e., the kind where the interviewer says something like "tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a supervisor and how you resolved it". On some of the questions, I couldn't think of the requested example, which is why I'm not very good with this type of interview. About a day later, the manager called to tell me I hadn't gotten the job. A week or two later, however, another manager called to ask if I was still available, but I wasn't.

Interview Questions
    • All behavior based questions, nothing related specifically to the job for which I applied.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chili's in March 2013.

I applied online and two days later I scheduled an interview with them. My interview went well and very easy questions to answer which led me to a second interview with the GM. The GM was suppose to call me back for a job offer which he had promised but he never called back. After a few days of consideration, I called back to see the status of my employment, but they told me that the GM is busy and will return my call in a couple of hours but never did. I called again the next day and they told me that they will call me back in an hour but never did.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a customer that was giving you a hard time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longview, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Chili's in January 2011.

easy, filled out app, interviewed by manager, hired.