Chili's Server Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.2

Server Interview

Interview

Submitted an application, got an interview for a server. Actually got hired as a server at 17, and after I started they said it would be too logistically difficult for me to serve (due to alcohol rules) and put me on the to-go window instead. That sucked because you don't make a whole lot in tips as a server at Chili's, but you make like way way less as a take out person because people don't feel like they need to tip you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Changed employment offer after I started.

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chili's in March 2015.

Interview

I put in an app for host and server positions. Heard back about a month later by email to schedule an interview for a server position. The scheduling was done online on the website no contact with anyone from the restaurant itself.

I arrived at the interview early and the manager was busy and had asked me to come back later. So again I arrive to my interview about 10 minutes early. I sit at a table waiting he was late when he finally arrive he asked me to tell him about myself and my experience. Before I could finish the question he noticed on my resume its been a few years since I worked in a restaurant and that he needs someone with previous experience. He would not even give me a chance to proceed with the question or the interview.

I feel that doing everything electronic for this company is not efficient there's no contact someone saw my application as a good fit and but who? If the actual interviewed were able to review the apps we could have avoided existing both out time. I feel that it wasn't fair that I didn't get a chance to show what I had to offer and that I do have the experience needed.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's (Savannah, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

the interview process was fairly quick. i applied online and also had a friend refer me in store (she already was working at this chili's. i met with the manager only and was told that if they had an available position for me i'd be notified within a week.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for the position? What are you studying in school? What qualities do you have for this location?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (Chico, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online then within a couple hours I had an email asking me to set up an interview time & date. I went in on a Wednesday & intervewed with a manager. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and she was asking questions from a paper and grading me as I answered. All of my questions I answered were graded either a 5 or 4 on a grading scale of 1-5. Then after contacting my previous employer and a reference I left I was called for a second interview with the GM. This interview was very laid back and easy. After his interview she told me she had a couple more interviews Nd would call me by the beginning of the next week letting me know if I got the job or not. I was called earlier the next week and offered the job. I applied the 20th of February and got the call that I got the job in March 9th.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever had to push a product or special to up sales?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chili's.

Interview

filled out an online app went in for interview was asked to come back and meet with front of house manager , came back and was invited back for third interview was a very typical interview for a server position

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to deal with a problem with a customer   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

I applied for the job online a I got a email a few days after telling me to schedule an interview. I went to the interview and they asked some basic questions, about my experience, why i wanted to work for that place and position.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's.

Interview

Applied online and took the assessment test, immediately received email to schedule an interview f2f. Two separate interviews with front house manager, then general manager. After a few days they compared interview notes and received a call that I got the job and to report to orientation at a scheduled date.

Interview Questions

• What was your best experience with customer service and what are specific things that made it a great experience?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's.

Interview

Fairly easy. Be energetic and happy. Willing to work any shifts. They sit you down for a one on one with manager. They will ask you questions about your past experiences, how you deal with irrate or dissatisfied guests, what you hope to accomplish by working for them

Interview Questions

• What you want to do beyond serving. Usually at the time you are just looking for a job.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's in November 2014.

Interview

They make you apply online, take about 2 weeks to get back to you then you go in for your first interview. If you pass you have a second one with the GM.

Interview Questions

• what makes you a team memeber   1 Answer

Negotiation

i was not able to considering the base pay for servers.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chili's (Southern Pines, NC).

Interview

Went in for an interview and hired right on the spot. The general manager, asked me some basic questions about myself and got a feel for my personality. I didn't have any other serving experience but I did have experience in a restaurant and the general manager hired me based on my personality.