Chili's Server Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.0

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

The whole process was fairly easy. The personal assessment took longer than I would've liked, but it is necessary to get hired. I applied in person, waited for a call to get interviewed, had a brief interview with manager on duty, got offered job on spot, accepted job, and started training within days. The training process lasts about a week. Basic learning and testing of knowledge learned from each day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Put in an online application, three days later received an email asking to schedule an interview. I wore a shirt and tie and interviewed with the FOH manager. Easy and relaxed interview. (I lied and told them I had serving experience). He asked about working as a team, my serving "experience", and my hobbies and interests. Then I was called later that evening to set up an interview with the general manager. 2nd interview with the general manager was nothing but a conversation about what job entails and the things he expects. He only asked one interview-type question. 2nd interview felt like a formality. I believe they already wanted me as a new hire after I interviewed with the FOH manager, as he would be the main one the servers and hosts deal with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Server Interview

Interview

I walked in with a resume and had my first interview immediately. Came back two days later to interview with the GM and got hired on the spot. They were extremely friendly and were excited to meet me. I started my paperwork right away.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview a couple weeks later. Came in for the interview with the GM and another manager. They asked me about my previous restaurant experience, experience from other jobs, my current schedule, why I would be a good team member, and gave me a couple of scenarios to go through and decide what my course of action would be. I was hired on the spot and began training about 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Decide what order you would help your guests in: One guest just walked through the door needing to be sat, another guest is on the phone, there's a car blocking a different guest outside, and a table needs refills. What's your course of action?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's (Fredericksburg, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Short and simple. I received a paper application at a job fair, filled it out and took it to the store location and got an on the spot interview. Afterwards, I was given a date for a second interview. I went to that one and did not get the job because they currently had no server positions available.

Server Interview

Interview

Submitted an application, got an interview for a server. Actually got hired as a server at 17, and after I started they said it would be too logistically difficult for me to serve (due to alcohol rules) and put me on the to-go window instead. That sucked because you don't make a whole lot in tips as a server at Chili's, but you make like way way less as a take out person because people don't feel like they need to tip you

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Changed employment offer after I started.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Chili's in March 2015.

Interview

I put in an app for host and server positions. Heard back about a month later by email to schedule an interview for a server position. The scheduling was done online on the website no contact with anyone from the restaurant itself. I arrived at the interview early and the manager was busy and had asked me to come back later. So again I arrive to my interview about 10 minutes early. I sit at a table waiting he was late when he finally arrive he asked me to tell him about myself and my experience. Before I could finish the question he noticed on my resume its been a few years since I worked in a restaurant and that he needs someone with previous experience. He would not even give me a chance to proceed with the question or the interview. I feel that doing everything electronic for this company is not efficient there's no contact someone saw my application as a good fit and but who? If the actual interviewed were able to review the apps we could have avoided existing both out time. I feel that it wasn't fair that I didn't get a chance to show what I had to offer and that I do have the experience needed.

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's (Savannah, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

the interview process was fairly quick. i applied online and also had a friend refer me in store (she already was working at this chili's. i met with the manager only and was told that if they had an available position for me i'd be notified within a week.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for the position? What are you studying in school? What qualities do you have for this location?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's (Chico, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online then within a couple hours I had an email asking me to set up an interview time & date. I went in on a Wednesday & intervewed with a manager. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and she was asking questions from a paper and grading me as I answered. All of my questions I answered were graded either a 5 or 4 on a grading scale of 1-5. Then after contacting my previous employer and a reference I left I was called for a second interview with the GM. This interview was very laid back and easy. After his interview she told me she had a couple more interviews Nd would call me by the beginning of the next week letting me know if I got the job or not. I was called earlier the next week and offered the job. I applied the 20th of February and got the call that I got the job in March 9th.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever had to push a product or special to up sales?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

filled out an online app went in for interview was asked to come back and meet with front of house manager , came back and was invited back for third interview was a very typical interview for a server position

Interview Questions

• name a time you had to deal with a problem with a customer   Answer Question