Chili's

Getting the Interview

27 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Whittier, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Chili's in March 2010.

Interview Details – Really simple just asked about past work experience and what you think you can contribute to their team

Interview Question – none just make sure to review past work history so you don't get nervous and blank out   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really easy had an on the spot interview with the next upper manager which pretty much meant I got the job

Server

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took about 2 days. There was a personality test involved. I was then called in for an interview where i met with the general manager . The interview was very fair and simple questions, experience serving, explain a situation you went above and beyond to help a customer etc.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Server

I applied online and interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – Probably the easiest interview I've ever done. She asked me simple questions like "What hours I can work?" and "What are you majoring in at school?" If I could go back I'd probably keep the answers short and sweet. I think I hurt myself by rambling on too much, and I didn't really talk about how I could apply the things I learned at my current job to a job as a server.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was pretty easy and is based a lot on personality

Interview Question – they were all pretty basic stuff   Answer Question

Harrisburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Chili's in January 2012.

Interview Details – good interview, worthless training that goes nowhere and has no result

Interview Question – poor scheduling management, you can plan your schedule but they have no understanding of hours   Answer Question

Interviewed at Chili's

Interview Details – Interview process took 20 minutes and I started with training the next day.

Server Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – The process was very typical. He asked about past experiences and availability.

Naperville, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chili's in February 2011.

Interview Details – Walked in with app. Recieved a 5 min. interview on the spot. Called me in next day for an additional interview, hired on the spot after that one.

Interview Question – Personal examples of multiple problem situations with unhappy guests.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Carson City, NV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email invitation to come interview. The restaurant manager, Ron, wasn't very personable and seemed ill-suited for management in the service industry. He seemed impatient with my answers and interrupted me frequently when I was attempting to answer his questions.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult, but the manager's demeanor was what made the interview uncomfortable. He doesn't seem like a fun guy to work for!   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Rochester Hills, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – I walked in and received an interview on the spot. I was called to come back and have an interview with the General Manager the next week. The General Manager asked me about my previous restaurant experience and current life pursuits. I was then given a packet for training and a menu to study before I started training the following week. When I started training (5 day's of training) I had already memorized the entire menu. I followed someone for about 3 days and got to skip the last two days of training because I already knew what I was doing.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you a customer was upset and you handled it.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chili's

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chili's Server interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chili's employees and interview candidates.