Chili's

Average Difficulty
30 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Server

I applied online - interviewed at Chili's in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, in a few days they contacted me by mail and asked me to pick a date for my interview. I got my first interview with a manager, there were a few simple questions such as : " A server must have good memory to remember the order do you think you can manage that?" Then I was called the next day for the next interview with the general manager. Just be polite and show them you are willing to work hard.

Interview Question – There weren`t difficult questions, I remember questions like: Why should I hire you? Which are your strengths and your weaknesses? how would you manage in a specific situation, for instance with a rude customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation he told me that the salary is about 7$ for a host / 2$ for a server. They rely on the fact the servers make good salary from tips.

Very Easy Interview

Server

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – Cold called and then told to go online and apply. Got an email a few days later to invite me to an interview and then setup a second one shortly after the first.

Interview Question – None at all, it is extremely simple.   Answer Question

Memphis, TN

I applied online and interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – Application, personality assessment, interview

Interview Question – none. Typical restaurant questions   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Whittier, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Chili's in March 2010.

Interview Details – Really simple just asked about past work experience and what you think you can contribute to their team

Interview Question – none just make sure to review past work history so you don't get nervous and blank out   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really easy had an on the spot interview with the next upper manager which pretty much meant I got the job

Server

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – I applied online and the process took about 2 days. There was a personality test involved. I was then called in for an interview where i met with the general manager . The interview was very fair and simple questions, experience serving, explain a situation you went above and beyond to help a customer etc.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Server

I applied online and interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – Probably the easiest interview I've ever done. She asked me simple questions like "What hours I can work?" and "What are you majoring in at school?" If I could go back I'd probably keep the answers short and sweet. I think I hurt myself by rambling on too much, and I didn't really talk about how I could apply the things I learned at my current job to a job as a server.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was pretty easy and is based a lot on personality

Interview Question – they were all pretty basic stuff   Answer Question

Harrisburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Chili's in January 2012.

Interview Details – good interview, worthless training that goes nowhere and has no result

Interview Question – poor scheduling management, you can plan your schedule but they have no understanding of hours   Answer Question

Interviewed at Chili's

Interview Details – Interview process took 20 minutes and I started with training the next day.

Server

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chili's.

Interview Details – The process was very typical. He asked about past experiences and availability.

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!