Chili's

Updated Feb 3, 2015
Updated Feb 3, 2015

2.1

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chili's.

filled out an online app went in for interview was asked to come back and meet with front of house manager , came back and was invited back for third interview was a very typical interview for a server position

Interview Questions
  • name a time you had to deal with a problem with a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's.

I applied for the job online a I got a email a few days after telling me to schedule an interview. I went to the interview and they asked some basic questions, about my experience, why i wanted to work for that place and position.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's.

Applied online and took the assessment test, immediately received email to schedule an interview f2f. Two separate interviews with front house manager, then general manager. After a few days they compared interview notes and received a call that I got the job and to report to orientation at a scheduled date.

Interview Questions
    • What was your best experience with customer service and what are specific things that made it a great experience?   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's.

Fairly easy. Be energetic and happy. Willing to work any shifts. They sit you down for a one on one with manager. They will ask you questions about your past experiences, how you deal with irrate or dissatisfied guests, what you hope to accomplish by working for them

Interview Questions
    • What you want to do beyond serving. Usually at the time you are just looking for a job.   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's in November 2014.

They make you apply online, take about 2 weeks to get back to you then you go in for your first interview. If you pass you have a second one with the GM.

Interview Questions
    i was not able to considering the base pay for servers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southern Pines, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southern Pines, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chili's.

Went in for an interview and hired right on the spot. The general manager, asked me some basic questions about myself and got a feel for my personality. I didn't have any other serving experience but I did have experience in a restaurant and the general manager hired me based on my personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's in July 2014.

I first did the application online and about a week later I received an email to be interviewed. The first interview was good it was about 15 mins 10 in which the manager was telling me about the company. The 5 mins she asked me regular interview questions and a few serving questions. If your applying for a server position they would like at least 2 years of serving experience. The second interview was even better. The manger was so nice and we even had a few jokes. He asked me more in detail questions about my previous work experience as well as some personality question and customer service. About an hour after I left I received a call that I got the job. Yay!! So in all it took about 2 weeks. I start on the 16th of aug.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with an angry customer? And if so how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    None. Minimum wage in ca is $9 + tips. Have great customer service and you can get great tips.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's.

Cold called and then told to go online and apply. Got an email a few days later to invite me to an interview and then setup a second one shortly after the first.

Server Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's in May 2014.

I applied online, in a few days they contacted me by mail and asked me to pick a date for my interview. I got my first interview with a manager, there were a few simple questions such as : " A server must have good memory to remember the order do you think you can manage that?" Then I was called the next day for the next interview with the general manager. Just be polite and show them you are willing to work hard.

Interview Questions
    • There weren`t difficult questions, I remember questions like: Why should I hire you? Which are your strengths and your weaknesses? how would you manage in a specific situation, for instance with a rude customer?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation he told me that the salary is about 7$ for a host / 2$ for a server. They rely on the fact the servers make good salary from tips.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's.

Application, personality assessment, interview