Chili's Server Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.1

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chili's in March 2015.

Interview

I put in an app for host and server positions. Heard back about a month later by email to schedule an interview for a server position. The scheduling was done online on the website no contact with anyone from the restaurant itself. I arrived at the interview early and the manager was busy and had asked me to come back later. So again I arrive to my interview about 10 minutes early. I sit at a table waiting he was late when he finally arrive he asked me to tell him about myself and my experience. Before I could finish the question he noticed on my resume its been a few years since I worked in a restaurant and that he needs someone with previous experience. He would not even give me a chance to proceed with the question or the interview. I feel that doing everything electronic for this company is not efficient there's no contact someone saw my application as a good fit and but who? If the actual interviewed were able to review the apps we could have avoided existing both out time. I feel that it wasn't fair that I didn't get a chance to show what I had to offer and that I do have the experience needed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's (Savannah, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

the interview process was fairly quick. i applied online and also had a friend refer me in store (she already was working at this chili's. i met with the manager only and was told that if they had an available position for me i'd be notified within a week.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for the position? What are you studying in school? What qualities do you have for this location?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview a couple weeks later. Came in for the interview with the GM and another manager. They asked me about my previous restaurant experience, experience from other jobs, my current schedule, why I would be a good team member, and gave me a couple of scenarios to go through and decide what my course of action would be. I was hired on the spot and began training about 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Decide what order you would help your guests in: One guest just walked through the door needing to be sat, another guest is on the phone, there's a car blocking a different guest outside, and a table needs refills. What's your course of action?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Chili's (Greenville, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

I went in and filled out an application. I was then told to come back in 3 days and take a personality assessment/intelligence test. The test was pretty easy, just answer the questions honestly and with a modicum of common sense and you will pass. After you pass the assessment you will have an interview with the hiring manager and he will make the final decision but honestly if you pass the assessment you will get the job about 90% of the time.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult client, someone who is being rude to you and hard to deal with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation really.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

I applied for the job online a I got a email a few days after telling me to schedule an interview. I went to the interview and they asked some basic questions, about my experience, why i wanted to work for that place and position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (Chico, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online then within a couple hours I had an email asking me to set up an interview time & date. I went in on a Wednesday & intervewed with a manager. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and she was asking questions from a paper and grading me as I answered. All of my questions I answered were graded either a 5 or 4 on a grading scale of 1-5. Then after contacting my previous employer and a reference I left I was called for a second interview with the GM. This interview was very laid back and easy. After his interview she told me she had a couple more interviews Nd would call me by the beginning of the next week letting me know if I got the job or not. I was called earlier the next week and offered the job. I applied the 20th of February and got the call that I got the job in March 9th.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever had to push a product or special to up sales?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's in January 2010.

Interview

You had to first fill out a the application, after the manager went over the application they have you take a personality test and math/english pattern test. This test takes about an hour and is pass or fail. If you do pass you then have to wait about a week for the management to call your references. Once this has been done there is a patterned interview with the general manager. You have to get a certain number of points to pass the part.

Interview Questions

• what would you like people to describe you as?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Memphis, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chili's (West Memphis, AR) in July 2008.

Interview

printed application off line, filled it out at home, completed resume and dropped it off by hand. Manager asked if I could return the following day to answer questions.

got another offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (Foothill Ranch, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I walked in between 2 and 4pm one day to speak with manager and turn in my resume. I was going for bartender but they told me they hire from within so I would need to apply for server. The manager took my resume and application that I printed off the internet and filled out before I came in. She said to call once a week to check to see if they were hiring. 8 days later they called me in for an interview. I had no server experience but I did have direct sales experience. The first interview was with one manager and took almost an hour. She asked many questions about how I would act in certain situations. 3 days later she called to schedule an interview with the other manager. This manager only interviewed me for about 20 minutes and asked a few more questions. They were both really nice and friendly. They are really looking for people who can deliver hospitality and they both seemed to like me. One week later I followed up to see if they had made a decision. They said they hadn't yet but to give them a few more days. 5 days later they called and offered me the job. Now I have to fill out paperwork and do orientation, then 1 week of training.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you went above and beyond to help a client.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if one of your co-workers wasn't pulling his/her weight?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non- negotiable. In California it's minimum wage plus tips.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chili's in May 2012.

Interview

I submitted my application and called to follow up a few days later, was told there weree no server positions so I agreed to interview for food expediter

Negotiation

yes I recieved less than average pay, with promise of a raise to average when I show i know hat I am doing