Chili's Server Interview Questions

2.2

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carson, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in July 2014.

I first did the application online and about a week later I received an email to be interviewed. The first interview was good it was about 15 mins 10 in which the manager was telling me about the company. The 5 mins she asked me regular interview questions and a few serving questions. If your applying for a server position they would like at least 2 years of serving experience. The second interview was even better. The manger was so nice and we even had a few jokes. He asked me more in detail questions about my previous work experience as well as some personality question and customer service. About an hour after I left I received a call that I got the job. Yay!! So in all it took about 2 weeks. I start on the 16th of aug.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever had to deal with an angry customer? And if so how did you handle it.   Answer Question
None. Minimum wage in ca is $9 + tips. Have great customer service and you can get great tips.

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Server Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Chili's in May 2014.

I applied online, in a few days they contacted me by mail and asked me to pick a date for my interview. I got my first interview with a manager, there were a few simple questions such as : " A server must have good memory to remember the order do you think you can manage that?" Then I was called the next day for the next interview with the general manager. Just be polite and show them you are willing to work hard.

Interview Questions
    • There weren`t difficult questions, I remember questions like: Why should I hire you? Which are your strengths and your weaknesses? how would you manage in a specific situation, for instance with a rude customer?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation he told me that the salary is about 7$ for a host / 2$ for a server. They rely on the fact the servers make good salary from tips.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chili's.

Cold called and then told to go online and apply. Got an email a few days later to invite me to an interview and then setup a second one shortly after the first.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online - interviewed at Chili's.

Application, personality assessment, interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Whittier, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Chili's in March 2010.

Really simple just asked about past work experience and what you think you can contribute to their team

Interview Questions
    • none just make sure to review past work history so you don't get nervous and blank out   Answer Question
    Really easy had an on the spot interview with the next upper manager which pretty much meant I got the job

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's.

I applied online and the process took about 2 days. There was a personality test involved. I was then called in for an interview where i met with the general manager . The interview was very fair and simple questions, experience serving, explain a situation you went above and beyond to help a customer etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in May 2010.

It was pretty easy and is based a lot on personality

Server Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Chili's.

Probably the easiest interview I've ever done. She asked me simple questions like "What hours I can work?" and "What are you majoring in at school?" If I could go back I'd probably keep the answers short and sweet. I think I hurt myself by rambling on too much, and I didn't really talk about how I could apply the things I learned at my current job to a job as a server.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Chili's in January 2012.

good interview, worthless training that goes nowhere and has no result

Interview Questions
    • poor scheduling management, you can plan your schedule but they have no understanding of hours   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview process took 20 minutes and I started with training the next day.

Worked for Chili's? Contribute to the Community!