Chili's Server Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.1

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chili's.

Interview

The whole process was fairly easy. The personal assessment took longer than I would've liked, but it is necessary to get hired. I applied in person, waited for a call to get interviewed, had a brief interview with manager on duty, got offered job on spot, accepted job, and started training within days. The training process lasts about a week. Basic learning and testing of knowledge learned from each day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Chili's (Louisville, KY) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly brief. They were running low on staff and hired me immediately after one interview. I walked in to fill out an application and had an interview following. They called me back 2 days later and asked me to come in for training later that week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Streamwood, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Chili's (Streamwood, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

Met with the managers, got asked a couple questions, saw the whole place, met with the employees, was told to go to my orientation. The orientation was at Arlington Heights

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good server?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (Hartford, CT) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was quick and easy..I submitted an application and a manager contacted me within the week to interview , I came in and they hired me on the spot..I started my job in about a week.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview a couple weeks later. Came in for the interview with the GM and another manager. They asked me about my previous restaurant experience, experience from other jobs, my current schedule, why I would be a good team member, and gave me a couple of scenarios to go through and decide what my course of action would be. I was hired on the spot and began training about 2-3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Decide what order you would help your guests in: One guest just walked through the door needing to be sat, another guest is on the phone, there's a car blocking a different guest outside, and a table needs refills. What's your course of action?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Put in an online application, three days later received an email asking to schedule an interview. I wore a shirt and tie and interviewed with the FOH manager. Easy and relaxed interview. (I lied and told them I had serving experience). He asked about working as a team, my serving "experience", and my hobbies and interests. Then I was called later that evening to set up an interview with the general manager. 2nd interview with the general manager was nothing but a conversation about what job entails and the things he expects. He only asked one interview-type question. 2nd interview felt like a formality. I believe they already wanted me as a new hire after I interviewed with the FOH manager, as he would be the main one the servers and hosts deal with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Server Interview

Interview

I walked in with a resume and had my first interview immediately. Came back two days later to interview with the GM and got hired on the spot. They were extremely friendly and were excited to meet me. I started my paperwork right away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Chili's (Rancho Cordova, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview process was pretty standard. Went into restaurant and left about 3 hours later. There were a lot of questions to answer but they may have changed this now. I do remember there were personality based questions and math problems to solve. They do a background check but there was no drug test that needed to be done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I went in for my first interview with the Assistant Managers, there were 2 other people there as well. We spoke to one first, and then a second. They ask pretty standard questions and then they offered me a second interview for the next week. I talked to another assistant manager since the General Manager was on vacation, and after some other standard questions he offered me a job on the spot. It was a good day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, how would you handle a difficult customer, how much money do you need a month to survive, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's (Fredericksburg, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Short and simple. I received a paper application at a job fair, filled it out and took it to the store location and got an on the spot interview. Afterwards, I was given a date for a second interview. I went to that one and did not get the job because they currently had no server positions available.