Chili's Server Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2014

2.2

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chili's.

The process was very typical. He asked about past experiences and availability.

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Chili's in February 2011.

Walked in with app. Recieved a 5 min. interview on the spot. Called me in next day for an additional interview, hired on the spot after that one.

Interview Questions
    • Personal examples of multiple problem situations with unhappy guests.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carson City, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chili's in July 2013.

Applied online and received an email invitation to come interview. The restaurant manager, Ron, wasn't very personable and seemed ill-suited for management in the service industry. He seemed impatient with my answers and interrupted me frequently when I was attempting to answer his questions.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult, but the manager's demeanor was what made the interview uncomfortable. He doesn't seem like a fun guy to work for!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

I walked in and received an interview on the spot. I was called to come back and have an interview with the General Manager the next week. The General Manager asked me about my previous restaurant experience and current life pursuits. I was then given a packet for training and a menu to study before I started training the following week. When I started training (5 day's of training) I had already memorized the entire menu. I followed someone for about 3 days and got to skip the last two days of training because I already knew what I was doing.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you a customer was upset and you handled it.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alamogordo, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alamogordo, NM

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in May 2013.

Made to wait over an hour past interview time for interview, then she laughed and said she didn't know what to ask me, so i came back to talk to another manager the next day, again waited over an hour, this guy was some grease ball snake in the grass type, I tried to work him but he was slippery and in the end i wound up with a lower position than i wanted

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macedonia, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macedonia, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Chili's.

They had a hiring sign up and i walked in an applied. 3 days later, they called me for an interview. I was interviewed by the 3 managers. I had no experience in serving but was hired on the spot. They hire servers with n experience because they like to train them, themselves. The key is to make a lot of eye contact, show interest and SMILE!

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here? If you could be any animal? very simple basic questions.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Server Interview

The interview processes was easy and simple.

Interview Questions
    Not much of negotiation as it was a serving job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peoria, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, AZ

I applied in-person - interviewed at Chili's in November 2011.

It was intense. I had to first take an iq test to even get in the door. Not sure if they are still doing that now. Then the training is hard too. You are expected to learn every ingredient on the menu items and pass at 90% during your 5 day training. It was very intense but this prepares you for your job.

Interview Questions
    No, I just got hired on the conditions that I passed the int initial 5 day training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Goleta, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Chili's in January 2013.

I applied online at the beginning of January. I had to pass through a questionaire that sorted out different personalities and work ethics. I got an email a couple days later asking me to schedule an interview. Super easy, I scheduled it myself on my own time. I then met with the GM for the interview. She was super laid back, and she asked me some questions about working in a team and about previous server xp. She must have liked me, because she hired me without any prior serving experience. Very comfortable interview process.

Interview Questions
    Take the offer, good pay, flexible hours for a student.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chili's.

The manager told me they are still figuring out a new process. The entire app was filled out online along with questions and resume. They first emailed and then called with an interview time. Interview started a little fuzzy because of the new system, but ended up flowing like a conversation.

First, I was asked to describe myself. My likes, hobbies, recent activities and include some work history in my self-description. How long have you been a server? Describe a time you were stiffed and what you did. Tell me about the best service you have ever had. Where was it and why was it the best? Why do you want to work for Chili's?

Interview Questions
    • First I was asked if I've ever eaten at a Chili's. (Yes.) What are some of your favorite menu items? Then I was asked to describe one of my favorites to him like I was describing it to a customer. (I would have taken a look at the menu for a refresher if I knew there would have been such a detailed question!)   Answer Question