Chili's Server Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southern Pines, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chili's (Southern Pines, NC).

Interview

Went in for an interview and hired right on the spot. The general manager, asked me some basic questions about myself and got a feel for my personality. I didn't have any other serving experience but I did have experience in a restaurant and the general manager hired me based on my personality.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (Carson, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

I first did the application online and about a week later I received an email to be interviewed. The first interview was good it was about 15 mins 10 in which the manager was telling me about the company. The 5 mins she asked me regular interview questions and a few serving questions. If your applying for a server position they would like at least 2 years of serving experience. The second interview was even better. The manger was so nice and we even had a few jokes. He asked me more in detail questions about my previous work experience as well as some personality question and customer service. About an hour after I left I received a call that I got the job. Yay!! So in all it took about 2 weeks. I start on the 16th of aug.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with an angry customer? And if so how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. Minimum wage in ca is $9 + tips. Have great customer service and you can get great tips.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's.

Interview

Cold called and then told to go online and apply. Got an email a few days later to invite me to an interview and then setup a second one shortly after the first.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online, in a few days they contacted me by mail and asked me to pick a date for my interview. I got my first interview with a manager, there were a few simple questions such as : " A server must have good memory to remember the order do you think you can manage that?" Then I was called the next day for the next interview with the general manager. Just be polite and show them you are willing to work hard.

Interview Questions

• There weren`t difficult questions, I remember questions like: Why should I hire you? Which are your strengths and your weaknesses? how would you manage in a specific situation, for instance with a rude customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation he told me that the salary is about 7$ for a host / 2$ for a server. They rely on the fact the servers make good salary from tips.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Application, personality assessment, interview

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chili's.

Interview

I applied online and the process took about 2 days. There was a personality test involved. I was then called in for an interview where i met with the general manager . The interview was very fair and simple questions, experience serving, explain a situation you went above and beyond to help a customer etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

Probably the easiest interview I've ever done. She asked me simple questions like "What hours I can work?" and "What are you majoring in at school?" If I could go back I'd probably keep the answers short and sweet. I think I hurt myself by rambling on too much, and I didn't really talk about how I could apply the things I learned at my current job to a job as a server.

Server Interview

Interview

Interview process took 20 minutes and I started with training the next day.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's.

Interview

The process was very typical. He asked about past experiences and availability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chili's (Rochester Hills, MI).

Interview

I walked in and received an interview on the spot. I was called to come back and have an interview with the General Manager the next week. The General Manager asked me about my previous restaurant experience and current life pursuits. I was then given a packet for training and a menu to study before I started training the following week. When I started training (5 day's of training) I had already memorized the entire menu. I followed someone for about 3 days and got to skip the last two days of training because I already knew what I was doing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you a customer was upset and you handled it.   1 Answer