Chili's Server Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Application, personality assessment, interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

I applied online and the process took about 2 days. There was a personality test involved. I was then called in for an interview where i met with the general manager . The interview was very fair and simple questions, experience serving, explain a situation you went above and beyond to help a customer etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

Probably the easiest interview I've ever done. She asked me simple questions like "What hours I can work?" and "What are you majoring in at school?" If I could go back I'd probably keep the answers short and sweet. I think I hurt myself by rambling on too much, and I didn't really talk about how I could apply the things I learned at my current job to a job as a server.

Server Interview

Interview

Interview process took 20 minutes and I started with training the next day.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's (San Diego, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I went in for my first interview with the Assistant Managers, there were 2 other people there as well. We spoke to one first, and then a second. They ask pretty standard questions and then they offered me a second interview for the next week. I talked to another assistant manager since the General Manager was on vacation, and after some other standard questions he offered me a job on the spot. It was a good day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, how would you handle a difficult customer, how much money do you need a month to survive, etc.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chili's.

Interview

The process was very typical. He asked about past experiences and availability.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chili's (Rochester Hills, MI).

Interview

I walked in and received an interview on the spot. I was called to come back and have an interview with the General Manager the next week. The General Manager asked me about my previous restaurant experience and current life pursuits. I was then given a packet for training and a menu to study before I started training the following week. When I started training (5 day's of training) I had already memorized the entire menu. I followed someone for about 3 days and got to skip the last two days of training because I already knew what I was doing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you a customer was upset and you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Macedonia, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chili's (Macedonia, OH).

Interview

They had a hiring sign up and i walked in an applied. 3 days later, they called me for an interview. I was interviewed by the 3 managers. I had no experience in serving but was hired on the spot. They hire servers with n experience because they like to train them, themselves. The key is to make a lot of eye contact, show interest and SMILE!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? If you could be any animal? very simple basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson City, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chili's (Carson City, NV) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online and received an email invitation to come interview. The restaurant manager, Ron, wasn't very personable and seemed ill-suited for management in the service industry. He seemed impatient with my answers and interrupted me frequently when I was attempting to answer his questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult, but the manager's demeanor was what made the interview uncomfortable. He doesn't seem like a fun guy to work for!   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

The interview processes was easy and simple.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much of negotiation as it was a serving job.

See What Chili's Employees Are Saying

Current Host/Hostess in McKinney, TX

Pros: “+Meeting new people +Trying new foods whenever we got new menus +Discounts +Making great friends who treat you like family +I worked at a testing location so we were always the first to...”“+Meeting new people +Trying new foods whenever we got new menus +Discounts +Making great friends who treat you like family +I worked at a testing location so we were always the first to have the new menus and technology. +you can 'move up' to other jobs like ToGo, QA,Server, etc +If your location has the NoWait system your job is 10 times easier because it takes care of rotation for you,it has a built in waiting list, as well as tell you what tables are clean/dirty/occupied,. Chilis was founded in Dallas in 1975 so if you work at a Dallas location its pretty important that you are always on your best behavior because 'Brinkers' (the people who own Chili;s now) are always secretly checking in on you.” – Full Review