Chili's

2.2

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Chili's in April 2011.

I went in and filled out an application. I was then told to come back in 3 days and take a personality assessment/intelligence test. The test was pretty easy, just answer the questions honestly and with a modicum of common sense and you will pass. After you pass the assessment you will have an interview with the hiring manager and he will make the final decision but honestly if you pass the assessment you will get the job about 90% of the time.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle a difficult client, someone who is being rude to you and hard to deal with.   Answer Question
No negotiation really.

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chili's in February 2011.

Walked in with app. Recieved a 5 min. interview on the spot. Called me in next day for an additional interview, hired on the spot after that one.

Interview Questions
    • Personal examples of multiple problem situations with unhappy guests.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chili's in June 2010.

I filled out an application and was able to interview with a manager the same day. I was called in for a second interview later in the week and offered the position that afternoon via phone call. The interview was standard with no curve balls.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation and server pay is $2.13/hour plus tips.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chili's in May 2010.

It was pretty easy and is based a lot on personality

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Chili's in March 2010.

Really simple just asked about past work experience and what you think you can contribute to their team

Interview Questions
    • none just make sure to review past work history so you don't get nervous and blank out   Answer Question
    Really easy had an on the spot interview with the next upper manager which pretty much meant I got the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watauga, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watauga, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's in November 2008.

Walked in and filled out application and got interview relatively quick. prompt at contacting you back.

Pay is basic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chili's in July 2008.

You need to arrive at the place of desired employment on a weekday between the hours of 2-4pm. You will ask to speak to a manager about applying for a job. You will then sit down and fill out an application, followed by a question sheet. This is going to determine weather you have the desired attitude and drive to work there. If you pass, usually you move onto a series of two more tests. Sometimes they'll ask you to come back on a different day to speak to a different manager so the entire management team can have the opportunity to meet you. If you pass all three tests, they call you back and you complete your training with another series of tests. These tests will be on the food items, abbreviation, and the OS the computers work off of. If you show potential and pass all 5 days of testing/training, you will then be a full employee.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work here?" "What are your expectations about working here? For yourself and from the company?"   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. If you pass the tests, you're hired. The only negotiating is done with scheduling. All servers make minimum wage and then work off of their tips.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Memphis, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Memphis, AR

printed application off line, filled it out at home, completed resume and dropped it off by hand. Manager asked if I could return the following day to answer questions.

got another offer

Server Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chili's in August 2007.

very simple. i first had to take a personality/skills test that took about an hour. upon passing that test i was asked to come in for an interview with the assistant manager. a few days later i was asked to interview with the general manager. both interviews were very easy.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chili's in May 2012.

I submitted my application and called to follow up a few days later, was told there weree no server positions so I agreed to interview for food expediter

yes I recieved less than average pay, with promise of a raise to average when I show i know hat I am doing