Chili's Server Interview Questions

2.2

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  High Point, NC
Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Chili's in June 2010.

I filled out an application and was able to interview with a manager the same day. I was called in for a second interview later in the week and offered the position that afternoon via phone call. The interview was standard with no curve balls.

Interview Questions
There was no negotiation and server pay is $2.13/hour plus tips.

Other Interview Reviews for Chili's

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Watauga, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watauga, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chili's in November 2008.

Walked in and filled out application and got interview relatively quick. prompt at contacting you back.

Pay is basic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lodi, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Chili's in July 2008.

You need to arrive at the place of desired employment on a weekday between the hours of 2-4pm. You will ask to speak to a manager about applying for a job. You will then sit down and fill out an application, followed by a question sheet. This is going to determine weather you have the desired attitude and drive to work there. If you pass, usually you move onto a series of two more tests. Sometimes they'll ask you to come back on a different day to speak to a different manager so the entire management team can have the opportunity to meet you. If you pass all three tests, they call you back and you complete your training with another series of tests. These tests will be on the food items, abbreviation, and the OS the computers work off of. If you show potential and pass all 5 days of testing/training, you will then be a full employee.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work here?" "What are your expectations about working here? For yourself and from the company?"   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. If you pass the tests, you're hired. The only negotiating is done with scheduling. All servers make minimum wage and then work off of their tips.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Chili's in March 2012.

I just walked in for an application. I was able to interview on the spot with a manager. He asked what I was doing the following Monday. I told him I would be back for another interview and he laughed. I met with the General Manager the next interview and was offered a position. Scheduling for orientation takes the most time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you were not able to make a guest happy. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You do anything other than serve, its $7.50. Serve its $2.13 plus tips.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Foothill Ranch, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foothill Ranch, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chili's in August 2011.

I walked in between 2 and 4pm one day to speak with manager and turn in my resume. I was going for bartender but they told me they hire from within so I would need to apply for server. The manager took my resume and application that I printed off the internet and filled out before I came in. She said to call once a week to check to see if they were hiring. 8 days later they called me in for an interview. I had no server experience but I did have direct sales experience. The first interview was with one manager and took almost an hour. She asked many questions about how I would act in certain situations. 3 days later she called to schedule an interview with the other manager. This manager only interviewed me for about 20 minutes and asked a few more questions. They were both really nice and friendly. They are really looking for people who can deliver hospitality and they both seemed to like me. One week later I followed up to see if they had made a decision. They said they hadn't yet but to give them a few more days. 5 days later they called and offered me the job. Now I have to fill out paperwork and do orientation, then 1 week of training.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you went above and beyond to help a client.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if one of your co-workers wasn't pulling his/her weight?   Answer Question
    Non- negotiable. In California it's minimum wage plus tips.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Memphis, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Memphis, AR

printed application off line, filled it out at home, completed resume and dropped it off by hand. Manager asked if I could return the following day to answer questions.

got another offer

Server Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chili's in August 2007.

very simple. i first had to take a personality/skills test that took about an hour. upon passing that test i was asked to come in for an interview with the assistant manager. a few days later i was asked to interview with the general manager. both interviews were very easy.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Chili's in May 2012.

I submitted my application and called to follow up a few days later, was told there weree no server positions so I agreed to interview for food expediter

yes I recieved less than average pay, with promise of a raise to average when I show i know hat I am doing

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in March 2012.

Applied online and was contacted within a week; met next day with Assistant Manager who asked me "tell me about yourself?" and that was about it. She "passed" me on to the store manager who asked me why I thought I would like this job and what experience I had in food service. She told me about being a server, as I had no experience. She offered me the job after about 15 minutes of chatting and I started training the next day. They were short-staffed, but I think having an upbeat attitude helped in getting the job. Great group of people to work for and with. Be prepared to take in a lot during training!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation; $2.65 plus tips but you can easily make around $10/ hr most shifts

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Chili's in August 2010.

The interview was straight forward, they have you fill out a application and then the manager on duty sits you aside and talks to you about why you chose Chili's and if you like to work hard and have fun and make sure you ask questions to the gm about the company and himself and they like that, it shows that you're personal and never talk trash about previous job.!