China Construction America

Updated Oct 9, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at China Construction America

Project Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at China Construction America.

Panel interview with human resources, operations and 2 Vice Presidents the same day

Interview Questions
    • Trying to figure out what they actually are hiring for   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Defined during the interview but took some time to get the offer. Something to do with internal approval of some sort.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at China Construction America in October 2013.

The interview lasted over 2 hours. The first 30 minutes were of me waiting and waiting...The next hour was being passed between 5 interviewers who all asked the same questions over and over. They were not able to fully explain the position to me and told me that they were not sure where they wanted to use me. The one interviewer was very harsh and rude while the others were ok.

Interview Questions
    • How will you complete your responsibilities here?   View Answer
    They offered me $20,000 less than I was asking. They really try to lowball you. I held my ground through 3 rounds of back and forth before accepting a salary of 5,000 less than my original asking salary.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at China Construction America in May 2009.

The interview process was one on one with the head of human resources. Knowing Chinese is a plus because you are working with a company composed of Chinese workers from the mainland. The process involves talking about your skills and prior work experience. I feel having a work permit and knowing people inside the company will get you in the door easier.

Interview Questions
    • Can you travel? Many cases you will be traveling between work sites.   Answer Question