Chipotle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was very intense. I was interviewed three separate times before I began work. During the third time, every crew member that was in the restaurant at that time talked to me. They want to be sure you will get along with their current employees. I also spoke with the GM and the GM Apprentice twice. Their questions were very involved and they seemed truly enthusiastic in finding out who I am as a person. It was a tough process, but it was not stressful since my interviewers made me feel comfortable.

Interview Question – Here at Chipotle, our motto is "Food with Integrity." What does that phrase mean to you personally?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in April 2013.

Interview Details – So I applied online at the beginning of April and got called for an interview at the beginning of March. The place is like 2 blocks away from my house so that's awesome since I can walk. I met with the store manager, he was nice. He asked me why Chipotle, then asked what my personality was like. He then asked how would my friends and family describe me and how I was doing in school. He asked what I wanted to be paid, I asked for .75 above minimum wage and he agreed. He then asked me to describe myself one last time, I think to see if I had the 13 characteristics. He said I did good and to come back tomorrow to meet with the restauranteer guy. The process lasted 5 minutes. The next morning I had to call and ask if the time could be pushed back because I had a group project to do on campus and the group members were very last minute. I got there 30 minutes after my requested time and thought for sure I would not get the job. The restauranteer was awesome, he asked me about my personality then asked what I was studying in school. I told him my majors then explained about how I wanted to go to law school and eventually own a sneaker boutique. We talked about running a business and my previous work experience. He then asked how I liked my hometown and we talked about the scenery there and how rough it's getting, Chiraq, as it is now called. He then went to the back, talked to the store manager and I was hired. Process took 30 minutes only because it was casual conversation. I did ask him what a restauranteer actually does, how much he made, how long he has been with the company and what did he start as.

Interview Question – what is your personality like? Literally I repeated myself 10 times, then told them I guess that was a part of my personality. I was kind of nervous about that question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If they ask you how much you want to be paid, throw a number out there. I was skeptical and the store manager encouraged me to make my own rate.

Crew Interview

Crew
Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty much a standard interview. Asked what I knew about Chipotle, and other standard questions. Only thing annoyed me was the manager introduced himself with no eye contact and had paper in one hand and reached to pull a chair out with the other, so I was not able to give a firm handshake.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about Chipotle.   View Answer

Crew Interview

Crew
Marysville, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer only asked me a few questions and talked much about himself. It only lasted a few minutes and seemed very focused on my ability to carry on the conversation.

Interview Question – Have you done research on the types of foods sold at Chipotle?   Answer Question

Front Line Interview

Front Line
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chipotle in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for a full time position found on careerbuilder. I was called for interview the next week and then was told to come in for a second interview the next day. I was called that night and offered the job. I went in the next day to do paperwork and told I would be called and told my start date. Got called the next week and told I no called no showed. I told them I was never told I was on the schedule and was told to start the next day. My schedule though was part time when the job I applied for was full time.

Interview Question – Tell us a little bit about your self.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a higher pay for my previous experience.

Front Line Crew Member Interview

Front Line Crew Member
Delaware, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online using snagajob.com and they called me the next morning for an interview. I went in the same day they called for it and I had to fill out a full application on paper. They also gave me a free drink. After I was done filling it out, a woman came out from the kitchen and sat down at the table I was at. She looked over my application and asked me a few questions. It was very fast, and was my first interview, which is why I probably didn't get the job. She said that they would call me for a secondary interview, and I never got the call.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Kitchen Crew Interview

Kitchen Crew
Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2009.

Interview Details – I submitted my application, talked with the Apprentice Manager and we both thought it would be a great fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a wage increase, which was never on my pay check. I only realized it because I received a raise with the annual reviews Advice: if they accept a wage difference with the initial interview make sure you alliterate more than once your price expectations and double check on your pay stub instead of assuming it will be done.

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!