Chipotle

Average Difficulty
48 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – Standard. Submitted an application, had prior food industry experience. Interviewed a few days later, hired on the spot. Great company to work for, loved the experience. Not your average food service job.

San Marcos, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – four interviews for a crew position. G.M. K.M. Service manager, 5 managers and 6 employees They were disorganized. They did not seem to have their act together. Had to reschedule twice because of them.

Interview Question – What makes you think you can work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Simple

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – They want you to be a people person, they want you to start chatting it up and getting along with the crew from the start. Your past experience doesn't matter, they wont even ask. You will start out as crew and earn promotions from there. Don't expect a typical interview or you will be caught off guard.

Interview Question – What do you aspire to? What are you passionate about? Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I want to work somewhere where my years of experience count for something. The company seems highly unorganized.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online to all of the Chipotle's in my area (14). I was invited to multiple interviews a day later. I went to the first one available, and it was a group interview with about 12-15 people. We were split into groups, my group had six people. The interview was actually very easy, I was very enthusiastic to work for Chipotle, and knew a lot about the company and what they stood for (Food With Integrity, the Steve Ells story, etc) The interview was about 30 minutes long. Don't be afraid to be the first or second person to answer - it makes you seem confident and like you really want the job! Be friendly, funny, and eager and you should land the job.

Interview Question – If your friends had to describe you in 3 words, what would they be?   View Answer

Crew

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – When interviewing at chipotle, the interview process takes a while to complete. I personally went to 3 interviews meeting members of the crew and manager team, and have still not gotten a confirmation of my employment despite performing well in the interviews.

Interview Question – Know the characteristics the organization wants their employers to embody. View website   Answer Question

Crew

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I applied in the beginning of March and got a call back 2 weeks later. Went in for an interview and their were 10 girls. They split us up in 2 groups of 5 and started to interview us. The other group was boring and they left like 7 minutes before us. In our group their was this older woman who seemed like she was trying out for the cheerleading team and they basically salivated all over her. They knew they were going to choose her but they still waisted my time asking me for a second interview. They acted like they were interested, even took me to look around the store, but as soon as the interview was over their whole demeanor went from friendly to cold. They knew they were hiring the old proud crowd girl. As I left the 1st interview the boys came in. It literally looked like they were going to school with their nike hats, shoes, hollister sweaters etc. It pisses me off now because I came dressed professionally both times and they still probably hired those losers who could not dress up for a day, they fit the image I guess. Basically if you are outgoing and express a passion to work then you will get the job. I honestly felt like I would have gotten the job if the old cheerleader woman was not there. But, I was not going to pretend to be THAT enthusiastic when I'm not! Know what Food with Integrity is. Research Steve Ells and know your 13 characteristics.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Chipotle

Interview Details – Just pretend to love animals and the "healthy" lifestyle and you will be golden. As far as I have heard every store does their own hiring so they will all be different.

Interview Question – I really cant remember it was a couple years ago.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Colma, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – Apply online, they called me the next day for a interview

Interview Question – introduce yourself and they asked something about your future plans. that was literally all it was.. it still baffles my mind. it was a 2 person group interview for like a minute and a half   Answer Question

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chipotle in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online after a family member told me they were hiring. He was a customer there and asked the manager and she told him to tell me to come in at 3 the next day but to apply online first. I showed up and didn't think much of it since I wasn't really looking for a job in the food industry but decided to try it out anyways. When I got there I was interviewed by the restauranteer or the GM. We sat down outside and she immediately started conversation with me and made me feel rally comfortable. She began talking about the company very thoroughly and excited. She really believed in it, and then she asked what I thought about it. She then asked what my goals were and if I woul be interested in pursuing a career with Chipotle. I said yes since she really made it sound great. Her energy and attitude got me going and I fed off of it. What got me was the $9 and hour, and the benefits she was receiving. I answered everything with a lot of enthusiasm and had actually researched the company since she did ask me qustions about chiopotle and their culture. I immediately got a second interview with the apprentice and 5 min after I left they called me to say I got the job.

Interview Question – How does Chipotle differ from other fast food places.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me decent pay and the possibility of a raise in 6 months, so I accepeted pretty happily.

Crew

I applied online and interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – Very easy interview, just make sure you study the background of the company prior to interviewing.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!