Chipotle

Updated Oct 25, 2014

2.3

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Crew Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

Applied online and two days later received an email inviting me to the interview.
arrived early to the interview and it was two young men around18 and 21 that interviewed me. they asked no questions about the company, and asked me only two questions: tell me about yourself, and why do you want to work for Chipotle. during the interview the interviewers seemed uninterested as if the interview was a waste of time, i was highly energetic positive dressed professional and had a portfolio and questions written on flashcards. when i asked why did the interviewers chose to work for chipotle they looked at eachother and hunched their shoulders and said the typical: "its a great company". i was told i would received a call or an email within 24 hours. two days later i emailed the interviewer about the status of my application and he replied that he will contact me soon. days later i received an email saying they went with another candidate. when i emailed the interviewer to ask if it was something that i needed to improve on during the interview process and what could that be i received no response. it was a waste of time, and i was left feeling confused because the interview was conversational and it seemed great even for those measley two minutes.

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Crew Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

Standard. Submitted an application, had prior food industry experience. Interviewed a few days later, hired on the spot. Great company to work for, loved the experience. Not your average food service job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

They want you to be a people person, they want you to start chatting it up and getting along with the crew from the start. Your past experience doesn't matter, they wont even ask. You will start out as crew and earn promotions from there. Don't expect a typical interview or you will be caught off guard.

Interview Questions
    • What do you aspire to? What are you passionate about? Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

I want to work somewhere where my years of experience count for something. The company seems highly unorganized.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

four interviews for a crew position. G.M. K.M. Service manager, 5 managers and 6 employees They were disorganized. They did not seem to have their act together. Had to reschedule twice because of them.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you can work here?   View Answer
    Simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

I applied online to all of the Chipotle's in my area (14). I was invited to multiple interviews a day later. I went to the first one available, and it was a group interview with about 12-15 people. We were split into groups, my group had six people. The interview was actually very easy, I was very enthusiastic to work for Chipotle, and knew a lot about the company and what they stood for (Food With Integrity, the Steve Ells story, etc) The interview was about 30 minutes long. Don't be afraid to be the first or second person to answer - it makes you seem confident and like you really want the job! Be friendly, funny, and eager and you should land the job.

Interview Questions
    • If your friends had to describe you in 3 words, what would they be?   View Answer

Crew Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

When interviewing at chipotle, the interview process takes a while to complete. I personally went to 3 interviews meeting members of the crew and manager team, and have still not gotten a confirmation of my employment despite performing well in the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Know the characteristics the organization wants their employers to embody. View website   Answer Question

Crew Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

I applied in the beginning of March and got a call back 2 weeks later. Went in for an interview and their were 10 girls. They split us up in 2 groups of 5 and started to interview us. The other group was boring and they left like 7 minutes before us. In our group their was this older woman who seemed like she was trying out for the cheerleading team and they basically salivated all over her. They knew they were going to choose her but they still waisted my time asking me for a second interview. They acted like they were interested, even took me to look around the store, but as soon as the interview was over their whole demeanor went from friendly to cold. They knew they were hiring the old proud crowd girl. As I left the 1st interview the boys came in. It literally looked like they were going to school with their nike hats, shoes, hollister sweaters etc. It pisses me off now because I came dressed professionally both times and they still probably hired those losers who could not dress up for a day, they fit the image I guess. Basically if you are outgoing and express a passion to work then you will get the job. I honestly felt like I would have gotten the job if the old cheerleader woman was not there. But, I was not going to pretend to be THAT enthusiastic when I'm not! Know what Food with Integrity is. Research Steve Ells and know your 13 characteristics.

Crew Interview

Just pretend to love animals and the "healthy" lifestyle and you will be golden. As far as I have heard every store does their own hiring so they will all be different.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colma, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colma, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

Apply online, they called me the next day for a interview

Interview Questions
    • introduce yourself and they asked something about your future plans. that was literally all it was.. it still baffles my mind. it was a 2 person group interview for like a minute and a half   Answer Question

Crew Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

Very easy interview, just make sure you study the background of the company prior to interviewing.