Chipotle

Getting the Interview

43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I applied in the beginning of March and got a call back 2 weeks later. Went in for an interview and their were 10 girls. They split us up in 2 groups of 5 and started to interview us. The other group was boring and they left like 7 minutes before us. In our group their was this older woman who seemed like she was trying out for the cheerleading team and they basically salivated all over her. They knew they were going to choose her but they still waisted my time asking me for a second interview. They acted like they were interested, even took me to look around the store, but as soon as the interview was over their whole demeanor went from friendly to cold. They knew they were hiring the old proud crowd girl. As I left the 1st interview the boys came in. It literally looked like they were going to school with their nike hats, shoes, hollister sweaters etc. It pisses me off now because I came dressed professionally both times and they still probably hired those losers who could not dress up for a day, they fit the image I guess. Basically if you are outgoing and express a passion to work then you will get the job. I honestly felt like I would have gotten the job if the old cheerleader woman was not there. But, I was not going to pretend to be THAT enthusiastic when I'm not! Know what Food with Integrity is. Research Steve Ells and know your 13 characteristics.

Interview Questions

Interviewed at Chipotle

Interview Details – Just pretend to love animals and the "healthy" lifestyle and you will be golden. As far as I have heard every store does their own hiring so they will all be different.

Interview Question – I really cant remember it was a couple years ago.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Colma, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – Apply online, they called me the next day for a interview

Interview Question – introduce yourself and they asked something about your future plans. that was literally all it was.. it still baffles my mind. it was a 2 person group interview for like a minute and a half   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chipotle in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online after a family member told me they were hiring. He was a customer there and asked the manager and she told him to tell me to come in at 3 the next day but to apply online first. I showed up and didn't think much of it since I wasn't really looking for a job in the food industry but decided to try it out anyways. When I got there I was interviewed by the restauranteer or the GM. We sat down outside and she immediately started conversation with me and made me feel rally comfortable. She began talking about the company very thoroughly and excited. She really believed in it, and then she asked what I thought about it. She then asked what my goals were and if I woul be interested in pursuing a career with Chipotle. I said yes since she really made it sound great. Her energy and attitude got me going and I fed off of it. What got me was the $9 and hour, and the benefits she was receiving. I answered everything with a lot of enthusiasm and had actually researched the company since she did ask me qustions about chiopotle and their culture. I immediately got a second interview with the apprentice and 5 min after I left they called me to say I got the job.

Interview Question – How does Chipotle differ from other fast food places.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me decent pay and the possibility of a raise in 6 months, so I accepeted pretty happily.

Crew

I applied online and interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – Very easy interview, just make sure you study the background of the company prior to interviewing.

Interview Question – What do you know about the company?   Answer Question

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and about 4 days later received an email inviting me to a job fair taking place a few days later. Was interviewed by 3 managers at once with one other person. The questions were pretty basic and we were told more about the position and the company. We were told it was only a screening interview and that we would receive a call later that day. As I was leaving the underground parking garage, I already had a voicemail saying I got the job.

Interview Question – What do you know about Chipotle?   View Answer

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Chipotle in February 2013.

Interview Details – I called to ask if they were hiring and the manager said yes and asked me to come in for an interview that day. After the first interview they wanted me to come back for a 2nd interview were I interviewed with crew members and managers alike.(one of the assistant managers told me I was hired but there has to be 3 interviews). Finally they told me to call next Tuesday to scheduled my 3rd and last interview, I called and the manager wasn't there and they told me to call back the next day which I did, but the manager was still missing. Then that night I got an email saying I wasn't selected for employment... -_-

Interview Question – What does Chipotle Stand for?   Answer Question

Stockton, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and then called in to make sure they received application. Was set up for an interview within a week or so. Had to do two face to face interviews and they were very friendly and just asked me basic questions. Personality has a huge roll in interview. Overall the whole process was pretty quick and painless. Just do not call or come in at peak food times to talk with managers.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Typical interview for pretty much un-skilled labor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Crew

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online at the chipotle website and was sent an e-mail about a month later asking me to go in for a group interview. About 20 other people were present. We were divided into 3 groups where we were all asked 3 questions, took about 30 minutes each. The questions weren't so hard, just go over the website and do some research on food with integrity.

Interview Question – 1 reason why we shouldn't hire you   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called in for a interview 2 days later. I felt comfortable in my interview because the manager was very nice and asked easy questions like why do i want this job, and what would i do if their was a customer complaint.

Interview Question – My interview had no difficult questions. The manager just asked questions about myself to get a better feel on my work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I actuallly got the same pay as i asked for. I guess it would always ask for a little more than you think you deserve so incase you have to negotiate it can be more around your range.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chipotle

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!

Chipotle Videos

Chipotle – Why Work for Us?

CULTIVATING FUTURE LEADERS START YOUR CAREER ROLLING One of the many reasons why Chipotle is unlike other fast food companies is the fact that nearly all of the leaders are promoted from our crew. Many restaurant… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chipotle Crew interview questions and advice. All 43 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chipotle employees and interview candidates.