Chipotle

Average Difficulty
47 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Chipotle in February 2013.

Interview Details – I called to ask if they were hiring and the manager said yes and asked me to come in for an interview that day. After the first interview they wanted me to come back for a 2nd interview were I interviewed with crew members and managers alike.(one of the assistant managers told me I was hired but there has to be 3 interviews). Finally they told me to call next Tuesday to scheduled my 3rd and last interview, I called and the manager wasn't there and they told me to call back the next day which I did, but the manager was still missing. Then that night I got an email saying I wasn't selected for employment... -_-

Interview Question – What does Chipotle Stand for?   Answer Question

Stockton, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and then called in to make sure they received application. Was set up for an interview within a week or so. Had to do two face to face interviews and they were very friendly and just asked me basic questions. Personality has a huge roll in interview. Overall the whole process was pretty quick and painless. Just do not call or come in at peak food times to talk with managers.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Typical interview for pretty much un-skilled labor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Crew

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online at the chipotle website and was sent an e-mail about a month later asking me to go in for a group interview. About 20 other people were present. We were divided into 3 groups where we were all asked 3 questions, took about 30 minutes each. The questions weren't so hard, just go over the website and do some research on food with integrity.

Interview Question – 1 reason why we shouldn't hire you   View Answer

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called in for a interview 2 days later. I felt comfortable in my interview because the manager was very nice and asked easy questions like why do i want this job, and what would i do if their was a customer complaint.

Interview Question – My interview had no difficult questions. The manager just asked questions about myself to get a better feel on my work ethic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I actuallly got the same pay as i asked for. I guess it would always ask for a little more than you think you deserve so incase you have to negotiate it can be more around your range.

Avon, IN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – First, after filling out an online application, you wait for an email. Most people who meet basic qualifications will receive an email inviting them to a group interview. This waiting period spanned about 2 weeks for me. For the open interview, I sat in a booth with 2 other applicants and two store managers attended. The questions were very basic and cliche, nothing to be worried about. After another week or so, I received a "Congrats!" letter.

Interview Question – I did not receive any difficult or out of the blue questions; the most ; "difficult" question was "What does 'food with integrity' mean to you?". 2 minutes of research beforehand did the trick   Answer Question

Manteca, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in January 2013.

Interview Details – Store was dirty, staff was gernerally uninterested but pretty, being a hipster will help you get this job. Really doen't matter how much you know about the company, I memorised the entire dolly madison story including how big the first building was, when they opened new locations, read the whole article that inspired steve ells to serve healthy food. Talked at length about new green location and the use of windmills to help power resturants. Bottom line, don't be above 25, and make certain you look good in skinny jeans. Cake on make up. Again don't eat the food, the store was filthy, but the staff is pretty and useless.

Interview Question – What is empowerment?   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call a few days later/ Walked in and spoke with two supervisors. Interview started off two on one asking specific questions tailored to my resume/application, then 15 minutes later had a one on one with very generic questions. Very typical laid back interview.
 Why Chipotle?
 Long term goals?
Teamwork examples from your past jobs.
Strengths and weaknesses?
How long do you see yourself at chipotle?

Cerritos, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – Called a day after submitting application. Interview was very unprofessional and there was no structure. I thought it was going to be a face to face interview, but people kept coming so i realized it would be a group interview. Interview lasted two and a half hours.

Interview Question – What is food with integrity?   Answer Question

Plano, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Apply online for all positions
2. GM calls to set up a face to face interview
3. Face to face interview at the location
4. Wait for call or hire onsite
5. Show up for first day of work [Usually, the first few of days are short training days (4 hours a day/5days). The second week is a full schedule.]

Interview Question – What is food with integrity?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You can list your hourly requirement online when you apply. Then you negotiate at the in person interview. Most everyone starts our $1 above minimum wage.

Hours and days available are the same as wages. You post your available days and hours with your online application. Then, when you meet with the GM you can finalize your starting hours.

Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed at Chipotle in August 2012.

Interview Details – My experience was very odd and unprofessional. I arrived for my interview 10 minutes early and asked for the person who scheduled me. I was told he wouldn't be in for another hour but to have a seat. The lady that I spoke with told me several times that someone would be out shortly to take the interview. I waited 40 mins when she then said she would take the interview. I was asked one question then sent back to talk one-on-one with each member on the team. I did so but wasn't told how long this should take. I began to feel strange after about 30 minutes of the one-on-one chats since this interview process was SO unstructured. I then tried to follow-up with the manager to see what was next. We chatted about various things but there was NO STRUCTURE TO THIS INTERVIEW. I finally asked if they had any questions for me and they didn't have any. I then asked about the next steps and if the interview was over (I had already been there for about 2 hours). I thanked them for the interview and left the restaurant thinking "This place is TOO STRANGE!" I withdrew my application and will never again consider working for this restaurant.
SIDE NOTE - After my experience I learned that Chipotle has a two part interview process. The first interview is simply their chance to assess you against their 13 Characteristics and the second interview is where they have you meet one-on-one with every team member. If even one team member doesn't like you, YOU WON'T BE OFFERED A JOB.

Interview Question – My ONE question was "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question