Chipotle

2.3

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle in August 2013.

Applied online and about 4 days later received an email inviting me to a job fair taking place a few days later. Was interviewed by 3 managers at once with one other person. The questions were pretty basic and we were told more about the position and the company. We were told it was only a screening interview and that we would receive a call later that day. As I was leaving the underground parking garage, I already had a voicemail saying I got the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

First, after filling out an online application, you wait for an email. Most people who meet basic qualifications will receive an email inviting them to a group interview. This waiting period spanned about 2 weeks for me. For the open interview, I sat in a booth with 2 other applicants and two store managers attended. The questions were very basic and cliche, nothing to be worried about. After another week or so, I received a "Congrats!" letter.

Interview Questions
    • I did not receive any difficult or out of the blue questions; the most ; "difficult" question was "What does 'food with integrity' mean to you?". 2 minutes of research beforehand did the trick   Answer Question

Crew Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in April 2013.

Applied online at the chipotle website and was sent an e-mail about a month later asking me to go in for a group interview. About 20 other people were present. We were divided into 3 groups where we were all asked 3 questions, took about 30 minutes each. The questions weren't so hard, just go over the website and do some research on food with integrity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Chipotle in February 2013.

I called to ask if they were hiring and the manager said yes and asked me to come in for an interview that day. After the first interview they wanted me to come back for a 2nd interview were I interviewed with crew members and managers alike.(one of the assistant managers told me I was hired but there has to be 3 interviews). Finally they told me to call next Tuesday to scheduled my 3rd and last interview, I called and the manager wasn't there and they told me to call back the next day which I did, but the manager was still missing. Then that night I got an email saying I wasn't selected for employment... -_-

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in January 2013.

Applied online and then called in to make sure they received application. Was set up for an interview within a week or so. Had to do two face to face interviews and they were very friendly and just asked me basic questions. Personality has a huge roll in interview. Overall the whole process was pretty quick and painless. Just do not call or come in at peak food times to talk with managers.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult or unexpected. Typical interview for pretty much un-skilled labor.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manteca, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manteca, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle in January 2013.

Store was dirty, staff was gernerally uninterested but pretty, being a hipster will help you get this job. Really doen't matter how much you know about the company, I memorised the entire dolly madison story including how big the first building was, when they opened new locations, read the whole article that inspired steve ells to serve healthy food. Talked at length about new green location and the use of windmills to help power resturants. Bottom line, don't be above 25, and make certain you look good in skinny jeans. Cake on make up. Again don't eat the food, the store was filthy, but the staff is pretty and useless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

Applied online and got a call a few days later/ Walked in and spoke with two supervisors. Interview started off two on one asking specific questions tailored to my resume/application, then 15 minutes later had a one on one with very generic questions. Very typical laid back interview.
     Why Chipotle?
     Long term goals?
    Teamwork examples from your past jobs.
    Strengths and weaknesses?
    How long do you see yourself at chipotle?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle.

Called a day after submitting application. Interview was very unprofessional and there was no structure. I thought it was going to be a face to face interview, but people kept coming so i realized it would be a group interview. Interview lasted two and a half hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in September 2012.

I applied online after a family member told me they were hiring. He was a customer there and asked the manager and she told him to tell me to come in at 3 the next day but to apply online first. I showed up and didn't think much of it since I wasn't really looking for a job in the food industry but decided to try it out anyways. When I got there I was interviewed by the restauranteer or the GM. We sat down outside and she immediately started conversation with me and made me feel rally comfortable. She began talking about the company very thoroughly and excited. She really believed in it, and then she asked what I thought about it. She then asked what my goals were and if I woul be interested in pursuing a career with Chipotle. I said yes since she really made it sound great. Her energy and attitude got me going and I fed off of it. What got me was the $9 and hour, and the benefits she was receiving. I answered everything with a lot of enthusiasm and had actually researched the company since she did ask me qustions about chiopotle and their culture. I immediately got a second interview with the apprentice and 5 min after I left they called me to say I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • How does Chipotle differ from other fast food places.   View Answer
    They offered me decent pay and the possibility of a raise in 6 months, so I accepeted pretty happily.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

interviewed at Chipotle in August 2012.

My experience was very odd and unprofessional. I arrived for my interview 10 minutes early and asked for the person who scheduled me. I was told he wouldn't be in for another hour but to have a seat. The lady that I spoke with told me several times that someone would be out shortly to take the interview. I waited 40 mins when she then said she would take the interview. I was asked one question then sent back to talk one-on-one with each member on the team. I did so but wasn't told how long this should take. I began to feel strange after about 30 minutes of the one-on-one chats since this interview process was SO unstructured. I then tried to follow-up with the manager to see what was next. We chatted about various things but there was NO STRUCTURE TO THIS INTERVIEW. I finally asked if they had any questions for me and they didn't have any. I then asked about the next steps and if the interview was over (I had already been there for about 2 hours). I thanked them for the interview and left the restaurant thinking "This place is TOO STRANGE!" I withdrew my application and will never again consider working for this restaurant.
    SIDE NOTE - After my experience I learned that Chipotle has a two part interview process. The first interview is simply their chance to assess you against their 13 Characteristics and the second interview is where they have you meet one-on-one with every team member. If even one team member doesn't like you, YOU WON'T BE OFFERED A JOB.