Chipotle

Getting the Interview

43 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in April 2012.

Interview Details – Consisted of three interviews with managers. Everyone was nice. The 13 values thing was weird. Knowing abou the kitchen was helpful.

Interview Question – Do you know about Chipotle's mission?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 8.15 an hr, no negotiation.

Woodbury, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in March 2012.

Interview Details – First you will be interviewed by a kitchen or service manager (or possibly one in training) and if you make a positive impression they will schedule you to come back during a non-peak hour for an hour long crew test. This consists of spending time with the other employees while you discuss the company, it's practices, expectations, etc. as well as getting to know you while you do some basic tasks you would be charged with if you were hired. The crew has final say on whether you will be hired or not - managers consult crew members on their impressions of potential hires, so be friendly, energetic, engaged and take initiative during this process. If all goes well they can get your training week written into the schedule and you in to work within 10 days.

Interview Question – What do you know about Chipotle and it's culture?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is an option, but you don't have much to work with. It is an entry level service job. If you're applying for prep, be prepared to accept $8/hr. If you have some experience or are going straight into grill or management, you can ask for $9 or $10 respectively. Be prepared to settle.

Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty much a standard interview. Asked what I knew about Chipotle, and other standard questions. Only thing annoyed me was the manager introduced himself with no eye contact and had paper in one hand and reached to pull a chair out with the other, so I was not able to give a firm handshake.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about Chipotle.   View Answer

Marysville, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interviewer only asked me a few questions and talked much about himself. It only lasted a few minutes and seemed very focused on my ability to carry on the conversation.

Interview Question – Have you done research on the types of foods sold at Chipotle?   Answer Question

Upland, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty much started out with them explaining that the online application couldn't be printed out so they would be asking me questions about myself. Asked if i had another job, do i go to school, do i know what food with integrity is, why do i think i would be a fit for chipotle, and then they gave me a tour of the kitchen and their goals which is that everything is a team effort. Help one another, get crossed trained, and eventually move higher up into kitchen manager, service manager, general manager.
They also asked how often i go to chipotle, and i've been going since 2006 and i told them i used to go to that location before going to another in glendora, then the la verne location
it seems that me being upbeat and happy kept them interested, as they want customers to want that kind of a person serving them. Have a conversation with the manager rather than solely exchanging questions and answers. and keep smiling =D!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – it was more of a take it or leave it for me, as this will be my first everyday job (mascots work events once every other week for my location)

Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in February 2012.

Interview Details – I called and spoke with a manager who told me to come on Wednesday for a job fair. I went there and sat and waited with about 15 other people. The way they had it set up was you come in, have a seat, wait until they pint you an application and then turn it in and then they will interview you. It was awkward for all of us just sitting there waiting. They then decided to pass out a sheet for us to sign our name on and then they would interview us once they called out our name. Another twenty minutes later I finally got my application after waiting well over an hour just to fill it out. Of course within minutes before I could finish filling it out they called my name. I told them I was unable to finish fill out my application and they said it doesn't matter, they want really need it . Um, okay? It was a hiring manager and a young girl I guess she was about to be a manager because she asked the general questions and he took note of what was said. I felt like it went really well they said they would call me in for a second interview and they even marked a star next to my name. About two weeks went by, I called to speak to a manager for a follow up, he told me to come in again for the job fair and tell whomever is interviewing me that this was my second one. came waited two hours same process, different manager, told him this was my second interview he nodded his head and I pretty much interviewed myself. sigh.

Very Difficult Interview

Boca Raton, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in March 2012.

Interview Details – I thought the way Chipotle hired staff was unreasonable. Me and my friend who both are going to CULINARY school applied at the one in Boca Raton on Glades didn't get hired because we are in CULINARY school. Meanwhile, they hire people who have little to no experience with food? Don't you think they would want to hire someone with a culinary background to better their company? Instead half the people don't even know how to take a simple order.

San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in February 2010.

Interview Details – They pretty much make sure that you are presentable. Just smile and have a good time with the interviewer.

Interview Question – Why would you want to work for chipotle?   Answer Question

Mansfield, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called two weeks later by a recruiter with whom I scheduled an interview for the following day. For whatever reason, when I showed up for the interview, they did not have my application, which was bizarre. I had to fill one out again and within minutes was seated for a 1:1 interview.

The interview itself lasted about 15 minutes. The manager was very friendly and inviting. Despite this being my very first job interview ever, I was intimidated whatsoever. She asked basic questions that allowed me to really communicate what I plan on contributing to the company.

I was hired on the spot!

All in all, I found the interview process to be a very pleasant experience, and I would certainly do it again.

Interview Question – "If hired, what do you plan on contributing to the company?"   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in December 2011.

Interview Details – I applied on line and the manager held an open fair it only took one day. I had the interview and was hired on the spot

Interview Question – Do you have the 13 characterics for working at chipotle   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non really