Chipotle

2.3

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in July 2012.

I applied via online application and it took them about a month to get back to me. I received an email alerting me that I was invited to an interview at the Chipotle job fair. I was able to choose my own date and time. When I arrived at the interview, they offered me a drink and I waited for the interview to start (I was 20 minutes early). More people showed up and we were informed that we were having a group interview. There were 5 of us and 5 or 6 of them (managers, general managers). They asked us questions and it was left up to ourselves who would answer first (I always tried to answer 1st or 2nd). They asked us what we knew about Chipotle, they asked us to tell them a little about ourselves, and mostly basic interview questions. After questioning us, they had the managers give a spiel about how they got to where they are. After the spiel we were split up even more and given a tour of the restaurant (front and back). After the tour, they made sure they had our numbers and my group left and another group came in and started getting interviewed.
Since I had been chatting with the manager when my group left, I was still there when another manager came up and asked if they'd forgotten to do something. They asked me to wait and they walked away and discussed it. They came back and 2 managers asked me some more questions (this time it was 2:1). They asked me how long I planned on staying on the job, what would be the most difficult for me, etc. Then they showed me a paper with the 13 characteristics, had me read them and tell them which ones I feel I'd need to work on. I was told they'd get back to me either that day or the next with whether or not they'd proceed.

Later that day I was called in for a second interview for the same time the next day. I arrived the next day (this time only 13 minutes early) and they once again offered me a drink (but I politely declined). I waited until they finished an interview and this time I was interviewed 1:1. The lady (who was there the day before) asked me some 'get to know you' questions that were less focused on the job. We had more of a conversation than a get asked lots of questions interview. After the interview, she sent me to the back to talk with the crew members. I stayed back there observing and chatting for about 45 minutes before leaving. 2 hours after my interview, the manager called and said that the crew loved me and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
  • If your best friend was here, what would they say about you?   View Answer
  • Which of the 13 characteristics do you feel you need to work on the most.   View Answer
I didn't negotiate. I was asked if 8.50 would be okay and I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle in July 2012.

The interview was actually a pre-screening interview. I was asked about my availability, what position I wanted, pay, hours available, etc. I was also asked why I wanted to work there. The interviewer was to the point in his/her responses to my questions. The process lasted no more than 5 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in June 2012.

I applied online and was called in for a interview 2 days later. I felt comfortable in my interview because the manager was very nice and asked easy questions like why do i want this job, and what would i do if their was a customer complaint.

Interview Questions
    • My interview had no difficult questions. The manager just asked questions about myself to get a better feel on my work ethic.   Answer Question
    I actuallly got the same pay as i asked for. I guess it would always ask for a little more than you think you deserve so incase you have to negotiate it can be more around your range.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in May 2012.

I really didn't plan on working for Chipotle or any other restaurant. I had just graduated with my Associate's degree in Graphic Design and had spent months sifting through tons of different sites listing all the different job opportunities in my field in the area where I lived. I came up short every time. Every job either required ridiculous amounts of in field experience or a higher level degree. Mind you, these where all for entry level jobs. This had been dragging out for far too long and it came time to search elsewhere, so I began looking into jobs that I thought might be interesting and/or what I qualified for (having spent all of my time out of high school in college without a part time job). I consider myself lucky when I found that Chipotle required very little experience (they do all of their training on the job). I kid you not, as soon as submitted the completed online application, I got a call to come in for an interview. (Later on, I found out that they were basically desperate because either people where leaving , being promoted, or fired faster than they where hiring replacements.)

Interview Questions
    • Actually, the most difficult question is any question where they ask you to describe yourself. Sometimes, they'll even ask you to describe yourself in one word.   View Answer
    Non-negotiable. You start at $8.50 and work your way up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upland, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle in May 2012.

Pretty much started out with them explaining that the online application couldn't be printed out so they would be asking me questions about myself. Asked if i had another job, do i go to school, do i know what food with integrity is, why do i think i would be a fit for chipotle, and then they gave me a tour of the kitchen and their goals which is that everything is a team effort. Help one another, get crossed trained, and eventually move higher up into kitchen manager, service manager, general manager.
    They also asked how often i go to chipotle, and i've been going since 2006 and i told them i used to go to that location before going to another in glendora, then the la verne location
    it seems that me being upbeat and happy kept them interested, as they want customers to want that kind of a person serving them. Have a conversation with the manager rather than solely exchanging questions and answers. and keep smiling =D!!

Interview Questions
    it was more of a take it or leave it for me, as this will be my first everyday job (mascots work events once every other week for my location)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle in May 2012.

The interviewer only asked me a few questions and talked much about himself. It only lasted a few minutes and seemed very focused on my ability to carry on the conversation.

Interview Questions
    • Have you done research on the types of foods sold at Chipotle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in April 2012.

Consisted of three interviews with managers. Everyone was nice. The 13 values thing was weird. Knowing abou the kitchen was helpful.

Interview Questions
    8.15 an hr, no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in March 2012.

First you will be interviewed by a kitchen or service manager (or possibly one in training) and if you make a positive impression they will schedule you to come back during a non-peak hour for an hour long crew test. This consists of spending time with the other employees while you discuss the company, it's practices, expectations, etc. as well as getting to know you while you do some basic tasks you would be charged with if you were hired. The crew has final say on whether you will be hired or not - managers consult crew members on their impressions of potential hires, so be friendly, energetic, engaged and take initiative during this process. If all goes well they can get your training week written into the schedule and you in to work within 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Chipotle and it's culture?   View Answer
    Negotiation is an option, but you don't have much to work with. It is an entry level service job. If you're applying for prep, be prepared to accept $8/hr. If you have some experience or are going straight into grill or management, you can ask for $9 or $10 respectively. Be prepared to settle.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle in March 2012.

I thought the way Chipotle hired staff was unreasonable. Me and my friend who both are going to CULINARY school applied at the one in Boca Raton on Glades didn't get hired because we are in CULINARY school. Meanwhile, they hire people who have little to no experience with food? Don't you think they would want to hire someone with a culinary background to better their company? Instead half the people don't even know how to take a simple order.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in February 2012.

I called and spoke with a manager who told me to come on Wednesday for a job fair. I went there and sat and waited with about 15 other people. The way they had it set up was you come in, have a seat, wait until they pint you an application and then turn it in and then they will interview you. It was awkward for all of us just sitting there waiting. They then decided to pass out a sheet for us to sign our name on and then they would interview us once they called out our name. Another twenty minutes later I finally got my application after waiting well over an hour just to fill it out. Of course within minutes before I could finish filling it out they called my name. I told them I was unable to finish fill out my application and they said it doesn't matter, they want really need it . Um, okay? It was a hiring manager and a young girl I guess she was about to be a manager because she asked the general questions and he took note of what was said. I felt like it went really well they said they would call me in for a second interview and they even marked a star next to my name. About two weeks went by, I called to speak to a manager for a follow up, he told me to come in again for the job fair and tell whomever is interviewing me that this was my second one. came waited two hours same process, different manager, told him this was my second interview he nodded his head and I pretty much interviewed myself. sigh.