Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview 2 days after the phone call. I arrived a few minutes early just to be safe. The interview was with one of the managers and was about 5 minutes long. She asked basic questions. 2 weeks later, I was the one who called to come in for a 2nd interview. This interview was with the manager who interviewed me the last time and the general manager. The questions they asked me were the same as the 1st interview. The general manager told me on the spot that she wanted me to meet the crew so I met the afternoon crew that day (which took an hour). You get to talk to the crew one on one in the kitchen just to get to know them and vice versa. When I was done, the General Manager told me to meet the morning crew on the weekend early morning. I met them and it was the same as the day I met the afternoon crew. Each one of these interviews took about 5 minutes or less.

Interview Questions

• Why chipotle? Why should we NOT hire you? What do you know about chipotle? In one word, how would your friends describe you? (use one of the 13 characteristics)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Edison, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I sent an online application on Tuesday and received an email less than 24 hours later to tell me I got an interview for the following Monday (so a total of 6 days passed between my application submission and my interview). I wore casual clothes - white tee, black jeans, and grey Vans. I arrived 15 minutes before my scheduled interview and notified the cashier. The interviewer came out with two other workers and we sat down at a table in the dining area. She asked me a few general questions (age, school, prior work experience). Then the two other workers asked me a few questions but it was very casual. After the questions (which took about six minutes) they took me in the back to show me around. Afterwards they brought the manager out and he informed me that I got the job. The whole interview took less than 15 minutes. Everything was relaxed and everyone was friendly, they even gave me a burrito bowl on the house.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

It was before opening and it was only me and the other employes, the manager only asked me two questions and began to give me a tour around the back room and meet the other workers. Another manager showed me the 13 characteristics and asked me which are my strongest and weakest. After that she told me to go wait at the front house as the other employes went to the back room for like 30 seconds, they came back and hired me on the spot, the whole process ended up being like 5-10 minutes and didn't feel like an interview at all, I ended up mot taking the job, I didn't like the idea of me only saying 3 sentences the entire time and I got a better offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and got an email the next day for an interview the up coming Monday. It was a group interview and they asked common questions. When you go there make sure you know the 13 characteristics they look for in an employee. Try and answer all questions honestly because anyone can tell when you're making up BS. Got called for my second interview on Tuesday for the following Monday. That one was easier basically all they want you to do is come in and ask them questions. Got called on Wednesday saying I got the job. Whole process took about 2 and a half weeks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Seal Beach, CA).

Interview

I was called in for a basic first interview a week in advance by a hiring manager and was sent an email reminder as well. When I arrived the morning of the interview, I was surprised to see about 11 other people there too. The interview was scheduled for 9:30 am, but had to wait 30 minutes until two young employees showed up to finally begin the interview, which lasted about an hour. I was displeased with the entire interview process due to the fact that they failed to even mention to me that it was going to be a group interview. I found their tardiness to be very unprofessional. During the interview I felt like I could not say the answers I wanted to say because the other people being interviewed had the same answers as me, (this is why I feel one on one interviews are more effective).

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I received an email to come in for an interview about a week after I applied online. The time was for 10am, an hour before they opened. The interview process was quick and simple; I sat down with the apprentice (step below general manager) who told me a lot about the company, then the kitchen manager, who asked my availability, experience, etc, then I went to answer questions with the rest of the employees that were working at that time. Make sure you research the Food with Integrity, and know about all the company's high standards, in and out of the restaurant. They don't like to hear "you have good food" when asked what you know about Chipotle!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

The interview process was very disorganized. we were asked to write down our names, numbers and work availability and had to wait to be put into groups. although there weren't enough staff members to interview everyone so there was an even longer wait. the process took about an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process has changed over the year. I started as a crew and moved to GM and then left the company. The restaurant will bring you in, you will meet a salary manager or other manager, if they like you, they will take you to the back of house and give you a tour of the kitchen. This is where they let you meet other crew members. If they like you, you will be hired on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Winter Springs, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Chipotle (Winter Springs, FL).

Interview

Applied online waited a couple of days didn't hear back. Called talked to the Manager if he was available. I got interviewed on the phone twice and interviewed in person four. First three times by managers and last time by crew members with the manager. The whole process took a couple of weeks but it was worth it.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Chipotle? What does food with integrity mean to you? What area would you like to work?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call for an interview a week later. I walked in unknowingly to a group interview. I did research on glassdoor that most of the recent interviews in my area have been group interviews, but since the manager did not mention it in the call I wasn't really expecting it, but I kinda was. A total of 9 people came, I was one of the first to arrive, so we ended up waiting quite a while. The general manager and kitchen manager we're the ones holding the interview. They had the first four who came into the store first be interviewed first, I was one of them. I would say it is important to speak out and speak first. Although, I was the last to speak I felt confident in my answers and never wavered. I did have prior experience, which interested the kitchen manager, but other than that, it was a straightforward and casual interview. They mostly spoke about the company in between questions which was good. He didn't write anything down so it was pretty casual. Once the interview was over for us they called the next group to be interviewed. They said they would keep in touch by calling but they never called, so I assumed there was no offer for me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Chipotle?   1 Answer
    • How would your friends describe you?   1 Answer
    • Last question, what are two characteristics that describe yourself?   1 Answer