Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions

2.3

280 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chevy Chase, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

I applied online via snagajob. About a week later I received an email, inviting me to an interview. The time slot on the interview was from 10am to 11am -- which I found strange because locally Chipotle doesn't open until 11. I wanted to arrive early so I got there at about 10:30. To no surprise, the doors were locked and I had to call for someone to open them. After I got inside, there was about a 5 minute wait before I actually say down with someone. Initially, I was interviewed my an "apprentice" - someone in training to become a General Manager. She asked me a few questions about why I wanted to work for Chipotle and explained what is to be expected of a Chipotle employee. After her, I was interviewed by every, and I do mean EVERY, member of the staff that was present at the time. They all asked me the same questions. It was made very clear that they endorse a notion of empowerment and teamwork. Everyone let me know that as a Chipotle employee you have to better yourself while you better those around you too so no one gets left behind. It was quite overwhelming and unusual as compared to any other interview experience I have ever had. The interview, in total, lasted over an hour. After I spoke with everyone, I was invited to come back the following day (tomorrow) for an interview with the GM. I would advise brushing up on a few Chipotle history facts before hand and mention that the food is all natural.

Interview Questions
I was able to negotiate. Chipotle makes it clear that they want confident employees. They strongly, STRONGLY endorse empowerment (another great thing to mention on your interview) so they aren't looking for you to sell yourself short. I asked for 9.00/hr and they agreed.

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

I applied to Chipotle and a day or two later I got a email saying to attend an interview with a date, time, and location.
    Prior to the interview I did a lot of research on chipotle and on how to be during the interview, which I found that a persons "vibes" and their adoration/ knowledge of Chipotle are more important than prior work history, qualifying skills, etc.
    The interview was a group interview. There were six of us being interviewed at once. About three different people interviewed us during the interview which made it a little confusing/ distracting when another interviewer would enter in, ask questions and then leave.
    They asked us a few questions, and then asked if we had any questions to ask. I asked a few questions like, what qualities are you looking for in a crew member (to which they responded it doesn't matter because you learn them.. I think I had a look of shock on my face). I also asked what they do with the unused food and what's the most challenging thing about working there.

I was very professional, knew a lot (more than I needed to know) about chipotle, and I was very confident. I guess maybe I was too confident, too professional, maybe even a little intimidating (for what's it's worth, I was a female being interviewed by mostly two young, 18 and 20 yr old males, who in my opinion were less professional then I was- one guy was looking at his phone during the interview!!)
    But I digress, basically don't know too much, and don't be too professional and you *might* be asked in for a second interview or maybe even hired.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online and got an email for the interview, it was a group interview in the middle of the busy restaurant. The GM asked us what we knew about chipotle and gave us a brief history and then asked for questions. She asked about who we were and told us about how the kitchen ran. She didnt seem satisfied with any answers I gave her or which questions I asked.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the most difficult aspect of this job will be?   View Answer
    • What is the thing you`re most proud of?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

Have had around 6 to 7 interviews at different locations. The questions were mostly the same format: "Tell me about yourself" "How do you hear about us?" "Why choose to work here?" Only been asked those three simple questions, and the process took no more than 20 minutes. I tried doing tons of researches before attending and felt pretty confident. Most managers would engage in simple conversations and ask follow up questions. It wasn't so bad until at the end they always pulled their trump card, "We will contact you back shortly." As anyone would have known, it always has some special meaning beyond comprehension.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain Chipotle to someone who doesn't know about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle.

I applied at chipotle and received an interview email a couple of weeks later. I showed up and we did a group interview. The interviewer after that would usually call back the the people that they liked or seemed like the most engaged. It would pay to do your research on the company before going to the interview to stand out a little more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I applied online at Chipotle, a few days later they call and ask for an interview the next week. The location was going under construction and it was a one to one conversation with the general manager. I arrived 5 min. late due to public transportation but I was lucky enough for the manager not being there. He was a decent person and asked several questions which I answered with much confidence and got the job on the spot. This being my first job interview and first job I gladly accepted, plus the pay was pretty decent for starter like me.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of Crew Members would you like to be by your side?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

I applied for the job online and received an email about a week later telling me that I was wanted for an interview. The email included the time and date.

On the day of the interview, I told a worker I was there for an interview and he went to the back to go consult the manager. He came out with a sign in sheet and told me to wait and pass the list on to any other interviewees that came in. I signed in first so I was first to get interviewed. The hiring manager took me to the patio area and kindly greeted me. She asked me about who I was and for me to explain and past experience. She also asked if I knew anything about Chipotle as a company. I didn't know anything so she explained the whole "Integrity in Food" philosophy. So its best to know about that if you're going to get interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, what is the difference between a job and a career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

I applied online and was emailed about an upcoming 'job fair'. It was basically just a group Interview. There were 15 of us in total so we broke up into 2 groups.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Got contacted 2 days after applying online. They ask you what you know about the company and the owner, so do a little research beforehand. They also ask if you have had previous restaurant experience. They tell you about their philosophy and the 13 characteristics that they are looking for in every employee.

Crew Member Interview

Usually you get a email back within 2 days after applying. Then you meet with 2-3 crew members for the first interview. Then if you get a call back you meet with the managers of the Restaurant

Interview Questions

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!