Chipotle

2.3

327 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in December 2014.

Applied online and it only took 5 days e-mailing me that they want to interview me. I got there 10 minutes early from the time that I was asked to be there and met 4 other people. The manager was 10-15 minutes late before doing a group interview. He basically told us what Chipotle as a company is, what their job is and more about working for Chipotle. At the end, he told us that he will contact us by e-mail or call us if we're going to get a second interview and get closer to being hired in Chipotle.

Interview Questions
  • Why should I hire you?
    If you could be any character from any movie, who would it be and why?
    What do you know about Chipotle?
    What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

The interviews were all very brief, four in total. First I just met for a few minutes with the GM to set up another appointment. Next talked to the other crew members with a few other potential hires about why Chipotle, etc. Last was an individual interview with the crew. Overall very relaxed and informal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queen Creek, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queen Creek, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I applied on a Thursday; that Friday I got a call saying they wanted me to come in for an interview on Tuesday (today). Beforehand I just did a little research on the history of Chipotle and what they're "about". On the day of the interview I got there about 10 minutes early; they gave me a soda and told me I'd be interviewed in the dining area, where another guy was sitting. Before the interview, two more people came in so it became clear that it'd be a group interview, which I was fine with.
    The interviewer turned out to be the same woman who had called me about setting up and interview a few days earlier (and I assume she also called the other three?). She asked maybe two questions before she said, "Oops, almost forgot, you're all over 18, right?"
    I told her that no, I'm currently 16 but I had put my age on my application at least twice. One of the other interviewees also said he was 16 and that he'd done the same. The woman kind of tsk-tsk'd at us, and told us that we had to be at least 18 to work at Chipotle, kind of in a way that made me feel like I was somehow supposed to know this, despite my application going through just fine. So, Chipotle serves alcohol, and you have to be 18 to be able to work around it. Then she asked me when I was turning 17. I told her the month and she told me to try and apply after my birthday. Which kind of totally contradicted what she had said beforehand about being 18.
    Anyway, I couldn't finish the interview and I was asked to leave along with the other person. I have been trying to keep a leveled head since but it's a little hard not to feel a little angry. It was a bit unprofessional to ask me to come for an interview, then have me leave after less than 15 minutes. I am admittedly questioning how closely they even looked at my application since, like I said, I put down at least twice that I am under 18. The employees I talked to beforehand were all very nice, but this is still kind of disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • I really only got to answer one question: "Why Chipotle?"   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I was contacted via e-mail. I was told to go in anytime for 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. I decided to arrive at 9:50 or so just to be early. When I arrived there was a gentleman who opened the door, and I thought he was going to interview me, but then two other people arrived. So they were going to interview four people separately. I was the second person to be interviewed, after the interview I was offered a job and I took it of course.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikesville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikesville, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I applied on a Thursday and got an email about a job fair for the following Monday. I came Monday at 3 and it was a group interview. It was several other people. There was a notepad going around and we wrote our name, number, and email on it. I was prepared and gave clear answers. I was the only person who knew about the mission statement and the history about chipotle. My availability was pretty open I guess that was not enough for them. She said we would be notified in 24 hours via email if we got the job or not.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I Applied & Got An Email Days Later For A Interview, The interview Was Nice, The Interviewer Was Very Nice & Made Everything Feel Calm & Made Sure We Weren't Nervous. Btw It Was A Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I submitted an application online on the 9th and received an email within two days to come in for a group interview on the 15th. I met was interviewed along with a group of 3 other people by the apprentice general manager and a fellow staff member. Halfway through the interview, another girl arrived late but was denied any chance at being hired that day because of her tardiness. We were asked from left to right the same questions and answered accordingly. At the end of the interview, the staff convened to discuss about us prospective members for a few minutes. Soon after, each of us interviewees were called in individually. I was called in last and, to my surprise, was offered a position on the spot.

Orientation came on the 18th where I had brief interactions with each member working that day.

The staff were amazing at communicating and weren't too uptight about the ship they ran in terms of strict behavior. Overall a very pleasant and laid-back experience. In conclusion, I'd warn anybody who legitimately looking for a future in Chipotle to STUDY, STUDY and last but absolutely not least STUDY. You will be asked about what you know about Chipotle and you definitely want to impress. Maintain composure and above all be confident in yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a 'top performer' in your own words and do you think are one?   Answer Question
    I was hired on the spot.

Crew Member Interview

I applied here last Saturday and got an email saying they would like to interview me that Wednesday. The interview went great, every single crew member said they liked me and the GM told me to come again this Monday for a second review. But then, I got an email saying they reviewed my application and don't have a position to offer me. It kinda through me off but I'm still going to go to the interview and tell them about it. I'll update on my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Every single crew member asked me what I knew about the company. All were impressed because they said that the only thing people say when they come in is that they just like the food. Also, they ask for examples of how you are a leader, and how would your friends describe me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

The initial interview was a little weird. However all the crew members are very friendly and helpful. The crew interview was great. I got to know my co-workers and was able to relate and interact with all my co-workers well. This is my first job and my interviewer and my co-workers took that into consideration when I was talking to them, and that is something that I liked very much.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to take away from this job experience?   View Answer
    N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

first there was a group interview, get asked a couple of questions and then later on see if you receive an email for a second interview or not. I got an email went in second interview you get showed around and meet crew members, and a small interview about 3-4 questions nothing hard. Then see if you get an email. Haven't received in email for 2 weeks now I really thought I had this job in the bag but if this happens to you don't give up! Chipotle is VERY picky so you have to shine, ask lots of questions and be bubbly!