Chipotle

2.3

319 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

The interviews were all very brief, four in total. First I just met for a few minutes with the GM to set up another appointment. Next talked to the other crew members with a few other potential hires about why Chipotle, etc. Last was an individual interview with the crew. Overall very relaxed and informal.

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queen Creek, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queen Creek, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I applied on a Thursday; that Friday I got a call saying they wanted me to come in for an interview on Tuesday (today). Beforehand I just did a little research on the history of Chipotle and what they're "about". On the day of the interview I got there about 10 minutes early; they gave me a soda and told me I'd be interviewed in the dining area, where another guy was sitting. Before the interview, two more people came in so it became clear that it'd be a group interview, which I was fine with.
    The interviewer turned out to be the same woman who had called me about setting up and interview a few days earlier (and I assume she also called the other three?). She asked maybe two questions before she said, "Oops, almost forgot, you're all over 18, right?"
    I told her that no, I'm currently 16 but I had put my age on my application at least twice. One of the other interviewees also said he was 16 and that he'd done the same. The woman kind of tsk-tsk'd at us, and told us that we had to be at least 18 to work at Chipotle, kind of in a way that made me feel like I was somehow supposed to know this, despite my application going through just fine. So, Chipotle serves alcohol, and you have to be 18 to be able to work around it. Then she asked me when I was turning 17. I told her the month and she told me to try and apply after my birthday. Which kind of totally contradicted what she had said beforehand about being 18.
    Anyway, I couldn't finish the interview and I was asked to leave along with the other person. I have been trying to keep a leveled head since but it's a little hard not to feel a little angry. It was a bit unprofessional to ask me to come for an interview, then have me leave after less than 15 minutes. I am admittedly questioning how closely they even looked at my application since, like I said, I put down at least twice that I am under 18. The employees I talked to beforehand were all very nice, but this is still kind of disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • I really only got to answer one question: "Why Chipotle?"   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I was contacted via e-mail. I was told to go in anytime for 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. I decided to arrive at 9:50 or so just to be early. When I arrived there was a gentleman who opened the door, and I thought he was going to interview me, but then two other people arrived. So they were going to interview four people separately. I was the second person to be interviewed, after the interview I was offered a job and I took it of course.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikesville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikesville, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I applied on a Thursday and got an email about a job fair for the following Monday. I came Monday at 3 and it was a group interview. It was several other people. There was a notepad going around and we wrote our name, number, and email on it. I was prepared and gave clear answers. I was the only person who knew about the mission statement and the history about chipotle. My availability was pretty open I guess that was not enough for them. She said we would be notified in 24 hours via email if we got the job or not.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I Applied & Got An Email Days Later For A Interview, The interview Was Nice, The Interviewer Was Very Nice & Made Everything Feel Calm & Made Sure We Weren't Nervous. Btw It Was A Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I submitted an application online on the 9th and received an email within two days to come in for a group interview on the 15th. I met was interviewed along with a group of 3 other people by the apprentice general manager and a fellow staff member. Halfway through the interview, another girl arrived late but was denied any chance at being hired that day because of her tardiness. We were asked from left to right the same questions and answered accordingly. At the end of the interview, the staff convened to discuss about us prospective members for a few minutes. Soon after, each of us interviewees were called in individually. I was called in last and, to my surprise, was offered a position on the spot.

Orientation came on the 18th where I had brief interactions with each member working that day.

The staff were amazing at communicating and weren't too uptight about the ship they ran in terms of strict behavior. Overall a very pleasant and laid-back experience. In conclusion, I'd warn anybody who legitimately looking for a future in Chipotle to STUDY, STUDY and last but absolutely not least STUDY. You will be asked about what you know about Chipotle and you definitely want to impress. Maintain composure and above all be confident in yourself.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a 'top performer' in your own words and do you think are one?   Answer Question
    I was hired on the spot.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

Asked basic questions and asked if I knew about Chipotle and it's history and they told me to research it and that they would call me for another interview. Very short process and I am waiting for the next interview.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

I initially applied online to the crew member position. They called me in for an in-person interview at a nearby location. I interviewed with the crew manager, which lasted about 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Elgin, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

After applying online I received a call asking me to come to the location I would be hired at for an interview. My first interview was individual. I met a variety of team members, starting with the hiring managers. They asked about my experience. Whether or not you have experience, the process is to determine if you will be a good fit for the team. If you can come across as personable and energetic you have a good chance at being trained. They are looking for you to display that you are amicable/easy to get along with (the workspace is small) and at the same time that you will respect the employees and customers. As in any interview, they ask about your problem solving skills/experience quite a bit. Afterwards, when I was given time to spend with other crew members, only one of them asked me work related questions. I took the opportunity to be polite and ask the others how long they had worked there and how they liked it. I was asked for a second interview which was with a group. It's important to be polite to the other candidates, but make sure you are able to add something relative to the discussion, even if you have no experience, you can speak from being a customer at any fast food restaurant.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to write down a list of words that described me.   View Answer
    If you can somehow get paid a higher wage than they usually start at, be prepared to earn it or lose it.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

I received an email for an interview and a week after that interview I called to follow up. The general manager said she forgot to call me but wanted to do a second interview so I went. A week after that interview I called to follow up again and received yet another interview, all by different managers. At the end of the third interview they told me that the final interview would be by the general manager and that I should receive a call back later today or tomorrow. After three days I decided to follow up myself, yet again, and received the response of "Oh I forgot to ask the other manager about you call back at 4". I call back and am told that the general manager had just left and that my message would be relayed to her and that she would get back to me later today or the next morning. I found it highly unprofessional and a huge bother. I won't be following up anymore even though I really wanted to work there. I don't really understand why four interviews is required to wrap burritos part-time, and then being put off like that.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, all interviews lasted less than 10 minutes and were very easy.   Answer Question