Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview 2 days after the phone call. I arrived a few minutes early just to be safe. The interview was with one of the managers and was about 5 minutes long. She asked basic questions. 2 weeks later, I was the one who called to come in for a 2nd interview. This interview was with the manager who interviewed me the last time and the general manager. The questions they asked me were the same as the 1st interview. The general manager told me on the spot that she wanted me to meet the crew so I met the afternoon crew that day (which took an hour). You get to talk to the crew one on one in the kitchen just to get to know them and vice versa. When I was done, the General Manager told me to meet the morning crew on the weekend early morning. I met them and it was the same as the day I met the afternoon crew. Each one of these interviews took about 5 minutes or less.

Interview Questions

• Why chipotle? Why should we NOT hire you? What do you know about chipotle? In one word, how would your friends describe you? (use one of the 13 characteristics)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Chipotle (Edison, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I sent an online application on Tuesday and received an email less than 24 hours later to tell me I got an interview for the following Monday (so a total of 6 days passed between my application submission and my interview). I wore casual clothes - white tee, black jeans, and grey Vans. I arrived 15 minutes before my scheduled interview and notified the cashier. The interviewer came out with two other workers and we sat down at a table in the dining area. She asked me a few general questions (age, school, prior work experience). Then the two other workers asked me a few questions but it was very casual. After the questions (which took about six minutes) they took me in the back to show me around. Afterwards they brought the manager out and he informed me that I got the job. The whole interview took less than 15 minutes. Everything was relaxed and everyone was friendly, they even gave me a burrito bowl on the house.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I received an email to come in for an interview about a week after I applied online. The time was for 10am, an hour before they opened. The interview process was quick and simple; I sat down with the apprentice (step below general manager) who told me a lot about the company, then the kitchen manager, who asked my availability, experience, etc, then I went to answer questions with the rest of the employees that were working at that time. Make sure you research the Food with Integrity, and know about all the company's high standards, in and out of the restaurant. They don't like to hear "you have good food" when asked what you know about Chipotle!

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chipotle (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

It was before opening and it was only me and the other employes, the manager only asked me two questions and began to give me a tour around the back room and meet the other workers. Another manager showed me the 13 characteristics and asked me which are my strongest and weakest. After that she told me to go wait at the front house as the other employes went to the back room for like 30 seconds, they came back and hired me on the spot, the whole process ended up being like 5-10 minutes and didn't feel like an interview at all, I ended up mot taking the job, I didn't like the idea of me only saying 3 sentences the entire time and I got a better offer.

Crew Member Interview

Interview

I applied online and was emailed two days prior to the initial day I applied. It was a very brief email regarding the time and date for the interview. I went in and noticed 20 people were schedule to be interviewed that same day. I waited about 20 mins after the scheduled time and then was interviewed with 2 other people. 4 groups of 5 were interviewed before me and so the process was longer. While being interviewed they asked basic questions such as "Why chipotle?" "What do you know about 'Food with Integrity' ?" "Where do you see yourself within the company" and so on and so forth. After that, they told me they were gonna call me when to come in for a second interview. 24 hours later I got a call to come in the next day. It was me as well as two other guys that were scheduled to be interviewed. I met with the GM and she pretty much asked us to briefly talk about ourselves. That was legit the only thing she asked us and gave us a history of her time at chipotle and the company itself. After that she told us she would email us within 48 hours and if the email said something about 'workday' then I got the job. I didn't get the email so I waited that Monday to call the store. I called and she told me I was hired, but that it's been busy so they haven't had a chance to do so. (This was back in the ending of June) I called again and she told me the same thing about them being busy and that they haven't had the chance. Honestly, I find it very unprofessional that they cannot manage time to send out an email regarding the steps to employment and I've honestly lost my hope and just gave up. If they email me when to come in for orientation I won't take up the offer. I can only imagine the work lifestyle.

Interview Questions

They wanted my time instead of keeping up to their word about emailing me regarding orientation

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

The managers sit you down and ask you the usual questions. Then they begin to ask what makes you stand out above other people that want to work there as well.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chipotle (Portland, OR).

Interview

I was called about two days after applying. I had to wait while other applicants were being interviewed. It was very disorganized as it was the shift change, so while the manager and two crew members interviewed the other applicants, only one crew member interviewed me. By the time the manager and other crew member showed up, I'd already answered all the questions. They showed me the back and then said they'd email me. Got an email 4 hours later with a declination.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

You apply online and if you get a interview make sure you're on time like 15 mins early.(so you won't be sweaty/thirsty/freaking out) . Their will be a person interviewing you and a kitchen manager and someone from crew . Make sure you know your chipotle stuff and ask questions.Research ! Be yourself. The process took a whole week cause of paper work online.

Interview Questions

• What do you do on your free time?   Answer Question
    • Why Chipotle?   Answer Question
    • If the line is getting long and someone messed up their order and you have to remake it which order would you take first. The mistake or the person that's next.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Easygoing and friendly! The questions were about your character and willingness to do work. They also ask what you know what about chipotle. The interviewers are workers at chipotle who, if hired, you will be spending a lot of your time with!

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Had 3 different interviews. The GM and her apprentice (next in line GM) in the first one, they asked me back for the next day. Interviewed with another manager, he asked me to come in a couple days later before they opened for a crew interview. That is actually THE MOST important one, if the crew hates you, you're not hired.

Interview Questions

• Why Chipotle? What do you know about the company? What do you do for fun?   Answer Question