Chipotle

Average Difficulty
268 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online, and within a few days, I got a call and schedule my interview date, the next day. I interviewed with the the assistant manager, she asked pretty basic questions, mostly about myself and job experience (which I had none), and she said she would called me about another interview. Later on that day I got a another call for my 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was with a crew member and pretty much asked me the same questions as the first. I got another call later that day for a 3rd and final interview with the general manger where she just ask my availability and salary, and why I wanted to work there and at the end she said she was going to call me and tell when I would cone in for orientation.

Interview Questions

North Charleston, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and I got a call the next day asking to come in the next morning for an interview at 10:45. After reading all of the reviews on here, I thought it would be a group interview, but mine was one-on-one. I had studied everything from their website the day before, got their early, and got really positive reactions from all of my answers. The guy was really impressed with my answers and how much I knew about the company and was really friendly and engaging which made me feel really good about the interview. He also got really excited when he asked me if I had any questions and I asked "What made you want to work here?". Apparently he loved to talk about that because he talked for like 15 minutes. Then he talked about the company and what they stood for and stuff like that. Asked what position I'd like to work and when I was available, etc. Then he told me he had a few other people to interview that day and told me that he'd call me later than night with the results. He ended up calling me 3 days later and told me I got a second interview scheduled for this Monday with the GM. Wish me luck!!

Interview Question – nothing unexpected... "What do you know about Chipotle?"   Answer Question

Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

Interview Details – This was a total waste of time just as another person on this website stated. I applied online and got an automated email invite for an interview about a week after I applied. It was a group interview with 6 others and myself. However, the interviewers did not ask us anything about the company. I wasted so much time researching Chipotle for nothing. The questions were very simple. Someone asked how many positions the restaurant was looking to fill, and the interviewer stated 3-4. The problem is that they were conducting multiple group interviews just to end up burning through alot of capable applicants to only fill a few positions. Chipotle seems to enjoy wasting peoples time. The interviewers did not take notes on anything any of the applicants said, they didn't even have everybodys application with them and only had a few of ours. They did not seem interested in any of us since the beginning of the interview. I have no idea what Chipotle was looking for. I expressed interest in moving into a management position with them, and being in the job for the long haul. But I guess they don't want that.

Interview Question – Unexpected question: If you could be any type of food, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – So in my city if Indianapolis, I was at an interview for Chipotle. It was supposed to be at 4 pm, but I didn't even get interviewed until 4:45. The kicker is, there were about 3 customers in the 40 some odd minutes I waited. The manager was really rude and acted as if he didn't even want to interview me. Why would you ask me for an interview if you were going to be rude and act as if you weren't going to hire me before you sat down? Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I didn't want to work with such a rude staff and manager.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – I asked in person if the store was hiring on a Sunday, and the managers (two of them were working) said yes. They gave me a Now Hiring card, and one of them wrote their name on it as a referral for when I applied online. The application didn't take long to fill out -- cover letter, work experience, a couple of essay questions, and a few screening questions. They contacted me the next day (Monday) to schedule an interview for the following day (Tuesday). I participated in two interviews: one with a manager, and the other with coworkers.

1st interview: The apprentice to the General Manager interviewed me one-on-one on Tuesday. Pretty typical questions (why do you want to work here, strengths/weaknesses, etc.) with a few thrown in about Chipotle. Do some research about the company's vision and how they prepare their food before you walk in. I was offered a group interview the next morning (Wednesday). I should note that typically, candidates can be interviewed by up to 4 managers (independently, still one-on-one). But I guess they liked me enough; I was interviewed by only 1 manager.

2nd interview: It was pretty chill. You share a lunch break with your future potential coworkers to see if they get a good vibe from you. (Plus, free lunch!) Some managers joined in to eat, too. Pretty informal, similar questions but your coworkers ask lighter stuff like "What do you enjoy doing outside of work?" They had to get back to work when I was still finishing up my meal, but they said they'd call me the next day regarding their decision. As I was leaving the place, though, the manager flagged me down and hired me right then and there. (He said he went around asked everyone what they thought of me, and everyone liked me.) I began work the following week.

Interview Question – How does our food stand out from other fast food restaurants?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You don't negotiate if it's your first time, but be warned -- whatever wage you set on your online application is what you'll be earning. And it's pretty much set in stone. I put down $8/hr because I was too afraid of coming off as greedy...or something. But, another coworker with less experience (and is not a terribly high performer tbh) put down $9/hr on his app...and that's what he gets.

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I applied on line and was contacted by email a few days later. When I showed up ,about 10 minutes early, there was one other girl there. They told us to take a seat and wait. Meanwhile more people showed up, two other girls and two guys. So after waiting about 10 minutes past the time when we were supposed to have the interview, the manager and some other guy showed up( he didn't really introduce his position). The had us sign our names on a clip board and then proceeded with a group interview. They asked basic questions like why we wanted to work there, what we know about the history of chipotle, and how we feel working in a fast paced environment. They mostly talked alot about chipotle and their whole philosophy and food with integrity.

Interview Question – What are you passionate about?   Answer Question

Orange, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted about a week and a half after applying and invited in for an interview. I attended a preliminary interview. The primary interview, unlike with other Chipotles I have applied to, was 1:1. I was invited for a second interview before leaving the first interview. My second interview took place less than a week later. Upon attending the second interview, I was offered a position on the same day.

Interview Question – What do you know about Chipotle?   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied online and interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I attended a Chipotle interview. The process was okay actually very easy questions like what do you know about the company .The interview was based on why we would like to work here. An how the new employee have a three step interview process.More about who vibes with the crew rather than who is qualified

Interview Question – why are you perfect for chipotle?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – I went in for an open interview that I had applied online. My first interview was with a young, kitchen manager. Haven't heard back in a week or so, I went ahead and called back to follow up and got another interview with the apprentice and the GM of the store, since they were desperate to get someone hired and start working since they were short handed.

Interview Question – Nothing was really difficult or unexpected. They did most of the talking about Chipotle, the values, and the history background. The only thing I could remember asking me was "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to work for chipotle" and also "what do you know about chipotle" etc etc etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would advice people to do some research of the chipotle background and how it all got started.

Crew Member

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online 3 or 4 restaurants, they called me for one, but I couldn't go, two weeks late a received a email for another.
This selective process was a waste of time. I made an interview with three managers, we were five interviewed each time, there were about 15 people waiting. They made three questions. None answered better than another, but they chose two people, and talked more with them, and they continue talking with others by mere formality. I am a foreign, I can communicate very well in English, but the fact they shamelessly chose two people, even they were not better than others, made me so angry that I bad responded a simple question about free time. I don't know what they are looking for, but it is not for the best. These questions were not enough to know who is the best.

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!