Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.3

287 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Crew Member Interview

Submitted application online. Got a call from manager two days later and set up one on one interview the same day. Interview was fun and relaxing. Got to talk to a few current employees. Unfortunately they only hire 18+yo

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chevy Chase, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

I applied online via snagajob. About a week later I received an email, inviting me to an interview. The time slot on the interview was from 10am to 11am -- which I found strange because locally Chipotle doesn't open until 11. I wanted to arrive early so I got there at about 10:30. To no surprise, the doors were locked and I had to call for someone to open them. After I got inside, there was about a 5 minute wait before I actually say down with someone. Initially, I was interviewed my an "apprentice" - someone in training to become a General Manager. She asked me a few questions about why I wanted to work for Chipotle and explained what is to be expected of a Chipotle employee. After her, I was interviewed by every, and I do mean EVERY, member of the staff that was present at the time. They all asked me the same questions. It was made very clear that they endorse a notion of empowerment and teamwork. Everyone let me know that as a Chipotle employee you have to better yourself while you better those around you too so no one gets left behind. It was quite overwhelming and unusual as compared to any other interview experience I have ever had. The interview, in total, lasted over an hour. After I spoke with everyone, I was invited to come back the following day (tomorrow) for an interview with the GM. I would advise brushing up on a few Chipotle history facts before hand and mention that the food is all natural.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate. Chipotle makes it clear that they want confident employees. They strongly, STRONGLY endorse empowerment (another great thing to mention on your interview) so they aren't looking for you to sell yourself short. I asked for 9.00/hr and they agreed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palm Desert, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

I applied online based on an ad I saw on Careerbuilder. A couple of days later - Saturday to be specific, I got a call at 9:30 at night to ask if I wanted to come in for an interview the following Monday. The guy was hard to hear and seemed super excitable and giddy. I accepted with giddiness.
    The interview took place as a group - five of us - with one of the managers. I think he was a step up from kitchen manager. He explained the position and the company for a few minutes and then did the group interview by going around the table asking everyone to answer the same standard questions.
    - Tell me something interesting about you?
    - What makes you different?
    - Why do you want to work at Chipotle?
    - Tell me why you would be good at Chipotle (3 reasons)
    - Tell me something you know about Chipotle
    Overall, the questions were pretty basic and the answers came across accordingly. The next step in the interview process was to come in and meet some of the 'senior' crew members and have another interview with the General Manager.
    I wouldn't know, I didn't make it to the second round. I am kind of relieved after reading about the working conditions. It's a job, but do your research before you try to get a job there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to resolve a customer dispute (not really difficult, but seemed like he wanted tougher disputes than the examples given by most of the interviewees.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

I applied to Chipotle and a day or two later I got a email saying to attend an interview with a date, time, and location.
    Prior to the interview I did a lot of research on chipotle and on how to be during the interview, which I found that a persons "vibes" and their adoration/ knowledge of Chipotle are more important than prior work history, qualifying skills, etc.
    The interview was a group interview. There were six of us being interviewed at once. About three different people interviewed us during the interview which made it a little confusing/ distracting when another interviewer would enter in, ask questions and then leave.
    They asked us a few questions, and then asked if we had any questions to ask. I asked a few questions like, what qualities are you looking for in a crew member (to which they responded it doesn't matter because you learn them.. I think I had a look of shock on my face). I also asked what they do with the unused food and what's the most challenging thing about working there.

I was very professional, knew a lot (more than I needed to know) about chipotle, and I was very confident. I guess maybe I was too confident, too professional, maybe even a little intimidating (for what's it's worth, I was a female being interviewed by mostly two young, 18 and 20 yr old males, who in my opinion were less professional then I was- one guy was looking at his phone during the interview!!)
    But I digress, basically don't know too much, and don't be too professional and you *might* be asked in for a second interview or maybe even hired.

Crew Member Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

Have had around 6 to 7 interviews at different locations. The questions were mostly the same format: "Tell me about yourself" "How do you hear about us?" "Why choose to work here?" Only been asked those three simple questions, and the process took no more than 20 minutes. I tried doing tons of researches before attending and felt pretty confident. Most managers would engage in simple conversations and ask follow up questions. It wasn't so bad until at the end they always pulled their trump card, "We will contact you back shortly." As anyone would have known, it always has some special meaning beyond comprehension.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain Chipotle to someone who doesn't know about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle.

I applied at chipotle and received an interview email a couple of weeks later. I showed up and we did a group interview. The interviewer after that would usually call back the the people that they liked or seemed like the most engaged. It would pay to do your research on the company before going to the interview to stand out a little more.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online and got an email for the interview, it was a group interview in the middle of the busy restaurant. The GM asked us what we knew about chipotle and gave us a brief history and then asked for questions. She asked about who we were and told us about how the kitchen ran. She didnt seem satisfied with any answers I gave her or which questions I asked.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the most difficult aspect of this job will be?   View Answer
    • What is the thing you`re most proud of?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I had applied at Chipotle before, but never heard back. I applied again about a week ago, and a couple of days went by and still hadn't gotten a call, so I called on Thursday, asked for the manager, and said that I was calling to check up on my application. She asked my name, and then asked if I could come in for an Interview on Saturday. So I did, and had a basic "Tell me about yourself", "What do you know about Chipotle?" "What would make you a good worker?" etc. kind of interview with the GM. It took about ten or fifteen minutes. She jotted down a couple of basic notes and that was it. She asked if I could come back for an interview tomorrow (sunday) to interview with the assistant manager and another manager, and they'd decide from there. So I came back for the 2nd interview and talked with both managers separately. The first guy asked the same questions the GM had asked, then said he'd go get the other guy. The 2nd guy came out and said that he'd asked and that all of the crew seemed to like me and that I could come back Tuesday to do paperwork and meet the whole crew. Probably the easiest and most comfortable interviews of my life.

They said it starts at $8.50 and it's pretty non-negotiable

Crew Member Interview

Usually you get a email back within 2 days after applying. Then you meet with 2-3 crew members for the first interview. Then if you get a call back you meet with the managers of the Restaurant

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

I filled out an application online, and within a few days, I got a call and schedule my interview date, the next day. I interviewed with the the assistant manager, she asked pretty basic questions, mostly about myself and job experience (which I had none), and she said she would called me about another interview. Later on that day I got a another call for my 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was with a crew member and pretty much asked me the same questions as the first. I got another call later that day for a 3rd and final interview with the general manger where she just ask my availability and salary, and why I wanted to work there and at the end she said she was going to call me and tell when I would cone in for orientation.

Interview Questions

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!