Chipotle

Average Difficulty
240 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – Application process was quick! Within a few days I received an email stating they would like to meet with me. I applied to three different locations, and each was a group interview. Don't know what it is they're looking for, but I guess hard working and energetic isn't what they want.

Stockton, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email about a week later telling me to come in for their job fair at 9am. There was 20+ applicants, and we were split up into groups of 6. They asked why Chipotle? What do you know about about Chipotle? Etc. Overall it was a waste of my time because although they say they're looking for inexperienced workers, they're not; the girl next to me had already worked at Chipotle before and I'm pretty sure she got the job.

Interview Question – The interview was very short. It didn't consist of any basic questions because there were so many people there.   Answer Question

Wichita, KS

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – That was the first interview. She said that they usually hold two or three interviews with a person before deciding to hire. She seemed nice and knowledgeable but the person who was supposes to hold the interview was on a conference call. I don't know the position of the woman who interviewed me.

Crew Member

Interview Details – I submitted an application online for various locations and ten minutes later I was called in for an interview that same week. The interview was held at a nearby chipotle, one I didn't apply to, and we were interviewed in a large group. It was very hard to listen and answer questions because there were around 15 other people there. You had to try really hard to stand out. That first interview didn't go so well and I never heard back. The following day I got called for another interview at another chipotle location. This time there wasn't many people, but it was still a group interview. They only talked to three people at a time though which made it very easy to make yourself shine. The next day I got called for a second interview that same week too. I went back to were I interviewed and noticed there were only a couple people from the interview before which means we had made it past round one. Instead of doing a group interview though, we were individually interviewed twice by the GM and apprentice. After I was interviewed by the GM the apprentice talked to me a little bit about herself and the company and the benefits that come with working at chipotle and when she was done talking I said "I would love to be a part of that" and then she goes "oh but you are dear" and I was confused for a second and then she goes "you're hired!" My best advice would be to be very happy, bubbly and talkative. They liked my upbeat energy especially since you need that sort of personality at chipotle. Secondly try to educate yourself about the company as much as possible. Throughout my interviews I would use some fancy words used within the company like restuaranteur and "food with integrity." YOU MUST KNOW WHAT FOOD WITH INTEGRITY IS! Overall don't be nervous, have fun and good luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – In a crew member position you don't get to negotiate. They told me I would be getting paid $9 an hour and asked if that was okay. Of course I wasn't going to say no so I said "YES!" Advice: be outgoing, don't be shy, learn about the company, always have a smile on, be the first to answer questions, remain positive and have fun and good luck! :)

Very Easy Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an e-mail a few days later scheduling an interview. I got there and it was a group interview, there were 6 others. They split us up into groups of 4 and 3. I was interviewed by a friendly lady, though she wasn't the manager of this particular Chipotle. She only asked us each 3 questions and then we all had the opportunity to ask her a question, took about 20 minutes.

Aventura, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – It took a couple of weeks. i went on had a 1:1 interview they were very nice asked me why chipotle ? asked me how would my friends describe me ? asked what do i know about the company. then after they gave me a tour around the restaurant n called me back in three days for my second interview. it went well they gave me a paper to study and then will call me back in for my third interiew. its really a process but at the end of the day its worth it . good luck to you .

Interview Question – What do you have different than all the other candidates .   View Answer

Ontario, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – Group interview. 2 managers. 2 interviews. 1st interview is hard do lots of research about the company and about food integrity. You have to do your best to stand out be the first one to speak all the time in the interview ! When you introduce yourself give all details about you and your experience because this may determine if you make it to the next interview

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2013.

Interview Details – Your employee hiring process is critical to your business success. Most people contend that their employees are their most important asset. If this is true, then deciding who to hire is one of the most important decisions you make.

Like your other key business processes, hiring needs to be approached in an organized, logical manner. Applying a proven process is going to get you the best results.

Too often though hiring is done in a rushed or even panic mode. A good employee has just quit or some critical business need isn’t getting satisfied. When you need a new employee, you need them now.

Interview Question – what do you help to contribute to this company ?   Answer Question

Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – i filled out an application online then i called them after to set up an interview and i went in nervous like really but the hiring manager was nice. he asked simple question cant remember all it was pretty quick like 10 min but im waiting for a call i i did it today.

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process was very intense. I was interviewed three separate times before I began work. During the third time, every crew member that was in the restaurant at that time talked to me. They want to be sure you will get along with their current employees. I also spoke with the GM and the GM Apprentice twice. Their questions were very involved and they seemed truly enthusiastic in finding out who I am as a person. It was a tough process, but it was not stressful since my interviewers made me feel comfortable.

Interview Question – Here at Chipotle, our motto is "Food with Integrity." What does that phrase mean to you personally?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chipotle

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!

Chipotle Videos

Chipotle – Why Work for Us?

CULTIVATING FUTURE LEADERS START YOUR CAREER ROLLING One of the many reasons why Chipotle is unlike other fast food companies is the fact that nearly all of the leaders are promoted from our crew. Many restaurant… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chipotle Crew Member interview questions and advice. All 240 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chipotle employees and interview candidates.