Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview 2 days after the phone call. I arrived a few minutes early just to be safe. The interview was with one of the managers and was about 5 minutes long. She asked basic questions. 2 weeks later, I was the one who called to come in for a 2nd interview. This interview was with the manager who interviewed me the last time and the general manager. The questions they asked me were the same as the 1st interview. The general manager told me on the spot that she wanted me to meet the crew so I met the afternoon crew that day (which took an hour). You get to talk to the crew one on one in the kitchen just to get to know them and vice versa. When I was done, the General Manager told me to meet the morning crew on the weekend early morning. I met them and it was the same as the day I met the afternoon crew. Each one of these interviews took about 5 minutes or less.

Interview Questions

• Why chipotle?
    Why should we NOT hire you?
    What do you know about chipotle?
    In one word, how would your friends describe you? (use one of the 13 characteristics)

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Chipotle (Edison, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I sent an online application on Tuesday and received an email less than 24 hours later to tell me I got an interview for the following Monday (so a total of 6 days passed between my application submission and my interview). I wore casual clothes - white tee, black jeans, and grey Vans. I arrived 15 minutes before my scheduled interview and notified the cashier. The interviewer came out with two other workers and we sat down at a table in the dining area. She asked me a few general questions (age, school, prior work experience). Then the two other workers asked me a few questions but it was very casual. After the questions (which took about six minutes) they took me in the back to show me around. Afterwards they brought the manager out and he informed me that I got the job. The whole interview took less than 15 minutes. Everything was relaxed and everyone was friendly, they even gave me a burrito bowl on the house.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I applied online and was called two days later. I came in the following Friday, and met a manager who was very nice and easy to talk to. We conversed for a few minutes, and he asked me to come back for a second interview.
    I came back on Monday, and met with the cashier, who was also very nice. We talked for a while, before a different, sullen faced manager came over to interview me. I knew right away he didn't like me. He told me they would let me know within a week, and today I got an email containing a refusal.
    The majority of the people there were kind, but one bad grape ruins the bunch.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I received an email to come in for an interview about a week after I applied online. The time was for 10am, an hour before they opened. The interview process was quick and simple; I sat down with the apprentice (step below general manager) who told me a lot about the company, then the kitchen manager, who asked my availability, experience, etc, then I went to answer questions with the rest of the employees that were working at that time. Make sure you research the Food with Integrity, and know about all the company's high standards, in and out of the restaurant. They don't like to hear "you have good food" when asked what you know about Chipotle!

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Conversational. I was interviewed multiple times by many different crew members and lastly by the general manager. The process took a bit longer than normal since the two days I came in the general manager was not there so I had to keep returning to meet with him. By the time I had met with the general manager I had already talked to many crew members so my interview with him was exceptionally brief.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I applied online and i got an email o go in for an interview the following week. It was a group interview, with about 12 people! They asked basic questions and a lot of questions about the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle (Silver Spring, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Well at first it took almost an hour for the interview to start but that slightly made sense because Chipotle was packed but when the interview started it went pretty well. They asked me what did I know about the company and what do I know about the career path and stuff and why did I want to work at Chipotle and what made me different from all the other applicants. The interviewer was really nice and he told me all about the history of chipotle and how they get their food and meat. After all that happened I got a job offer

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from all the applicants?
      So what do you know about food integrity?
      How is your personality.?

Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

A day or two after i applied online I recieved an email inviting me to a "job fair" at the location I applied for. I wasn't too happy to hear this, because I thought it would be a literal job fair (long line of people all applying for the job, crowded and busy) or that it would be a group interview. Turns out it was neither! I arrived early for the job fair and waited with another applicant at a table. Three more applicants showed up, but no more than 5 total applicants. We were each interviewed by the General Manager in the order we arrived. The GM was very friendly and laid back. I was nervous so I was kind of hyper but he seemed to like my enthusiasm. We scheduled another interview a few days later where I would meet the crew.
    I told the cashier I was there and then sat at a table to wait. The service manager and crew member came out. They were really friendly and the 'interview' was more like a conversation. we talked about the music we liked and places we've travelled. it was very casual. After that they gave me a free meal and the GM told me I was hired

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

First interview was a group one with me and two other interviewees. We sat down with the general manager and a couple of other crew members came in later too, they asked us some questions, pretty informal. Know about food with integrity, the 13 characteristics etc. and know was Chipotle is all about, just read about it on the website. There was a second interview on my own with a different manager, and then there was supposed to be a third interview but they ended up just hiring me without it.

Interview Questions

• What do you get when you come to Chipotle to eat? (it's just to make sure that you're not lying about loving Chipotle, as long as you actually eat there you'll be fine on this)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chipotle (San Luis Obispo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online on Friday around 2, and by 5 I had a voicemail from the manager. I called back the next day and we scheduled an interview for Sunday afternoon. I arrived about 10 minutes early and let the cashier know, he gave me a water cup and was really nice. I waited for about 15 minutes and the general manager came out and took me and two other people outside for a group interview. It was really casual, really friendly, mostly discussion based. You could tell they wanted to get to know you better, and they weren't looking for a right answer. After about 30 minutes, he told one person they were done for the day, asked me to grab a seat inside, and sat for about 15 minutes with the last person outside. Then he came in and sat down with me, and asked me a few more questions. Still very informal, but more serious questions about leadership and teamwork and managers. It was very much a discussion and not an interview; he let me share my ideas and then would respond with his own. At the end he told me he would like me to come back for a second interview the next morning (Monday) to meet the crew, grab a bite to eat, and get to know them.

I came back the next day before they were open and sat down again with a water cup. I watched them prep for a while, and then a worker offered to make me some food, and then sat down with me at a table. We were eventually joined by two other workers, and we just sat and ate and got to know each other. We got along really well, I could tell that they liked me, and I liked them. They asked me questions about where I'm going to school, what I like to do, and also some questions like "Why Chipotle?" and "What do you think about Chipotle's Food With Integrity ideas?" We sat around for about 20 minutes until their breaks were over, and then I waited for about 5 more minutes as they opened the store. One of the workers I had talked to came out and told me I was hired, that they would do a background check, and that I should check my email because I would start in about two weeks, and that was it. I didn't see the manager I had talked to the day before.

All in all, the entire process from application to hiring was about 4 days. Both of the interviews were really casual and friendly, I got along with all the workers and they seemed really eager to help me be comfortable. This will be my first job, and it was a great experience.