Chipotle

Getting the Interview

189 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I applied and recieved an email a few days later setting up an initial interview. It was supposed to be a group interview, but there were only 3 of us so they set up individual ones. I was interviewed (or had casual conversation with) three different people and was asked, "what do you know about Chipotle?" and "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?". I brought my resume and they were very impressed. Follow-up interview the following week and it was very casual; the manager told me they wanted to hire me but needed her approval.

It took them a while to get back to me with whether I had gotten the job or not, longer than they told me. I had to email them and ask basically.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chipotle in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had 2 interviews at different locations.
1. Applied online and was called the very next day for an interview. It was a group interview of about 10 of us. We all sat inside the restaurant and were asked to answer questions one at time. Lasted about 5 minutes. Did not get a job offer
2. Applied online and contacted a few days later via email to come in for an interview. This interview was different and more personal. It was only 3 of us. We were asked why we want to work there, what we know about chipotle, etc. The manager made it seem like we got the job because she told us to go home and do our homework about chipotle and get prepared. however I did not get a job offer.

Interview Question – When, where, and who founded Chipotle?   View Answer

Phoenix, AZ

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in March 2012.

Interview Details – very thorough and informative

Interview Question – what do you know about chipotle   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 8.50 is what the they start all crew members at

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Crew Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Chipotle in March 2014.

Interview Details – Fairly easy just be high energy. Look up the 13 characteristics on Chipotle's website and try to demonstrate them during your interview. Know and understand chipotle's vision and backround (food with integrity), they will ask. It can also be found on their website. I applied online, was called the next day to set up an interview, interviewed once with one manager, then a 2nd, the irst manager came back and asked me to come back the next day to meet a 3rd manager. I interviewed with her the next day, then started the next day with new hire paper workm started working the following week.

Interview Question – what do you know about Chipotle? Why do you want to work for Chipotle?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call about 2 weeks later asking me to come in for an interview that weekend. For the first 10-20 minutes, I was interviewed by the general manager. When he decided that he liked me, he left and asked the crew members to come out and interview me with their own questions. This part was really just to see if I got along with the crew members. Then he said he'd call me the next day with W9 information.

Interview Questions

Brandon, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chipotle in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online because they were opening a new restaurant in the area, so as a individual with no prior work experience I thought it I would a very good chance at reviving a offer for the job. I applied online and the next day I received a call and was told to meet her at the mall, and I would suggest if you are applying dress very casual, t-shirt and jeans and tennis shoes, nothing fancy but don't look like a bum. I arrived 15 minutes early and was unpleasantly surprised to see it was a group interview and the man I was being interview against was a man easily in his forty and clearly was going to have job experience but they were very unprofessional and they did not even look at my application because when they heard I was still in high school they did not look at me for the rest of the interview. If you are offered an interview tell them you hope to own your own Chipotle in the future.

Interview Question – Do you see yourself owning your own Chipotle? Because I am only looking for workers who are going to own their own Chipotle   View Answer

Port St Lucie, FL

Interview Details – I applied online, and the next day I receive an email saying they wanted to interview me in a job fair. That was a 1:1 interview at first. A couple of hours pass and they called me for a second interview to meet the crew. Basically they all ask the same questions like what do you like, what don't you like, why Chipotle , etc. It was a group interview including 2 other candidate. After meeting almost all the crew, the manager came and asked us who were were. We answered and he said thank you that's all I needed to know, gave us a handshake and we left. 2 weeks has pass and I haven't heard from them, so I called them. They told me if they haven't called me that's because I probably didn't get the job but wait a couple of days till one week for their call and if nothing happened, I didn't get it. I'm pretty sure I didn't make it to the 3rd interview.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions for me because I was prepared.   Answer Question

Evanston, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I applied and for an e-mail the next day saying i have an interview. So on the date of my interview it was supposed to start at 9am so i got there at 8:45. There were 2 other people there. So 9am came around and no sign of the manager. We waited and then at any 9:20 a worker comes and there's is the manager is busy so he's gonna start at 10am instead. So we at there watching the people prepare food. At a little after 10 he comes out and interviews us 1 by 1. My interview only lasted about 10 minutes and 2 of those minutes were spent asking me basic questions that were answered on the application and the rest he spent talking about the chain and how they're different then it was over. He didn't ask me any questions about myself or goals or anything like i expected. Ultimately it was a waste of time because i did not get the job.

Goodyear, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was e-mailed two (2) days after for an interview. Came in for interview to find out it was a group interview, which I expected after doing some research. I was Interview with 4 more people by the manager and three (3) crew member. Interview was fun and casual. The manager told us to expect a call within 24 hours and I was call within 2-3 hours for a second interview the following day. I was interviewed the second time with another girl by the store manager and we both were hired the same day and received my schedule to work within 4 days.

Interview Question – nothing difficult. Go to their website and do some research so you know what and how to answer. Keep in mind "food with integrity" and their "13 characteristics" when answering. They'll ask;

1)Why Chipotle?

2)How did you find out about the job?

3)What do you like doing on your spare time?

4) If there's something you could work on yourself, what would it be?

5) who is (your mane) ?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Crew Member Interview

Interview Details – I applied online and 2 days later recieved a call to schedule an interview the next day. The interview was myself and the general manager. This store was brand new and hadnt opened yet. She asked me a couple of questions and she made me watch a video about chipotles restauranteurs. She gave me a second interview the next day and hired me. Since i was only 17 and my birthday was 3 weeks away they said they said I would start when I was 18.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chipotle

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!

Chipotle Videos

Chipotle – Why Work for Us?

CULTIVATING FUTURE LEADERS START YOUR CAREER ROLLING One of the many reasons why Chipotle is unlike other fast food companies is the fact that nearly all of the leaders are promoted from our crew. Many restaurant… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chipotle Crew Member interview questions and advice. All 189 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chipotle employees and interview candidates.