Chipotle

Average Difficulty
256 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – Application process was quick! Within a few days I received an email stating they would like to meet with me. I applied to three different locations, and each was a group interview. Don't know what it is they're looking for, but I guess hard working and energetic isn't what they want.

Interview Questions

Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – The process was very easy actually very easy questions like what do you know about the company the interview. Basically gave a story about why she chose to work here. An how much she loves it we were in a group interview probably about ten people were there grouped off.

Interview Question – None to be honest. It was just so unexpected how they notified me so quick like a couple hours quick to tell me i didn't get the offer. I guess going in dressed up basically with your resume dose not get the jobs in today's market any more.   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied online and interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – Overall pretty easy interview. I actually went to two interviews and both asked the same questions, like why chipotle? How would your friends describe you in three words? One of the interviews was a one on one because I called in that I could not make it to the date they had originally scheduled me for, and the manager was nice.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult at all. Well one that I was not expecting was, give me one reason I shouldn't hire you.   Answer Question

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call about 2 weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. I came in and met with the Restauranteur and we talked about my availability and my knowledge of the company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was hired on the spot and started working 4 days after

Secaucus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – I had applied online over a month ago before I got a call for a scheduled interview, I wore a business casual dress with minimal jewelry--just in case. But it was summer time so my dress was thigh length. I came in early before opening around 8am and found out that it was a group interview kinda setting, but only ONE other person showed up. There was supposed to be 8. That was definitely a red flag for me, but it worked out to my advantage because I was more comfortable and confident and I think that definitely showed in my answers. I was answering first and smiled often. After about 4 days has passed, I got a call back that I was hired. However, the entire hiring process took about 2 weeks because of orientation and paperwork that needed to be done BEFORE I actually got my uniform and started immediately. But overall it was fun. I had never eaten Chipotle before but I am a believer now. The burritos are DELICIOUS.

Interview Question – What do you know about Food With Integrity? Who is Steve Ells?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them as soon as I received an offer what I wanted for a pay rate--they were surprised and readily agreed.

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – They usually ask you to tell them about yourself and why you want to work for the company. My first Chipotle interview they asked basic questions, afterwards, they emailed us. Second was at the fashion show where the manager talked to us a lot about the company and the few questions we were asked caught me a bit off guard. They picked one person out of the group right there to go on to a second interview. If you get an email requesting an interview, be prepared for a group interview. Answer every question they ask because groups are sometimes big and interviews are short and it's possible you won't get a word in.

Interview Questions

• Which one is a top performer: someone who comes in on time and does everything correctly or someone who doesn't do everything correctly but has a desire to learn?   View Answer
  • What is empowerment?   Answer Question
  • What are high standards to you?   View Answer

Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was invited via email for an interview soon after applying online. There were about 8-9 of us for a group interview in the morning before the restaurant opened. The manager was terribly late, as were a couple other candidates. While waiting, we saw current crew members prepping the restaurant before opening which was very interesting.

The group interview was very simple and easy. The manager spoke 75% of the time and asked about 4-5 questions indirectly. So to stand out, you must speak out- but be sure not to sound over-confident and "show-off"ish (although I don't think the manager seemed to care about that at all). There is a way to speak and present yourself to demonstrate that you are a good fit for the position without seeming overconfident. A fellow candidate in the group did seem slightly overconfident to me, as he was trying to speak first for every question. Although I thought the manager didn't seem to care too much about it, this is just simple group interview etiquette. In a more professional workplace, managers/recruiters will definitely take notice of such things- so this was a good experience for me.

After the first group interview, I received an invitation for a second interview via email. This time there were 3 or 4 of us (out of the initial 8-9) from what I remember. The second interview basically reaffirmed that we were a good fit for the position. At the end of the interview, the manager formally offered us the position.

Interview Question – What can you offer to this Chipotle to help me and the team become a restauranteur and a top performing restaurant? The manager spoke about how top performing Chipotle restaurants receive certain benefits.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was looking for a seasonal position.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2013.

Interview Details – I've been offered sooo many interviews from them (all at different locations-- Tempe, Scottsdale, and Phoenix), but never once hired. Also never once has the actual manager shown up to the interview, despite them saying to ask for the manager to give the interview. Each time they call me back, I make it farther in the process though, like first I was offered 1 interview. Then the second time told to come back for a second interview, then third. I heard from a friend they knew someone who was called in 5 times. Every time, at the start of the interview, they offered me a drink. It was free. Then they had someone come out to ask me questions. For the 2nd interview, it was someone different who asked questions. For the 3rd interview also someone different, but this time they also took me around back and told me to stand where they were cooking, storing food, etc and to imagine myself doing that, and could I. I am very cynical toward Chipotle interviews now, and whenever my friends are offered them, they are treated the same way--- can't talk to a manager despite them saying the manager would be the one to give the interview, etc.

Interview Question – I've been asked questions about the company, like give its history and beliefs. Because I already knew they often ask this, I've always been prepared for it. Just read the history and beliefs off their website. The most difficult question and what felt like a trick one was them asking me if I would want to work there for the rest of my life. I thought it was a trick because I thought it would mean I lacked ambition if I wanted to work fast food all my life, yet like I wasn't dedicated if I didn't want to. I said I didn't want to, and I think that was the wrong answer because from there I could feel the interviewer getting impatient   Answer Question

Columbus, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in January 2012.

Interview Details – At first, I had much hope for the outcome of this job. Emailed my resume to the hiring manager initially, but when I arrived for the interview, there where over 200 people doing group interviews. I was not impressed by the people directing the process, nor those doing the interviewing. In every group, they seemed disinterested. Maybe that was because they had been interviewing since 9 A.M. that morning.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out during a first impression?   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – WORST interview experience I've had. The manager was basically a teenager, and spent a good amount of the interview period joking with a coworker rather than getting to know the interviewees. It was a group interview; 4 people plus myself. The manager asked us what our "story" was, i.e job history/current situation (a very vague question). He then asked us what we knew about the company, calming everyone's nerves with saying he himself knew nothing about Chipotle prior to his employment. I knew what I needed to know,(basically know who Steve Ells is and what food with integrity means) in fact I was the only person in my group who knew anything about Chipotle. After that, he gave us a brief lecture on Chipotle's values and whatnot, and then basically said the interview was over. What??? Two short, vague questions and that's it? He told us we'd be contacted within 48 hours if we had qualified for a 2nd out of 3 interviews, one of which would be meeting the staff (and i they didn't "approve," he said, no matter what the managers thought you'd be gone) and sent us home. If the interview had been a normal one on one interview, I doubt it would have even lasted 10 minutes. A complete waste of time. And 3 interviews to see if you qualify to make burritos all day?? Honestly

Interview Question – What do you know about Chipotle   View Answer

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!