Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview 2 days after the phone call. I arrived a few minutes early just to be safe. The interview was with one of the managers and was about 5 minutes long. She asked basic questions. 2 weeks later, I was the one who called to come in for a 2nd interview. This interview was with the manager who interviewed me the last time and the general manager. The questions they asked me were the same as the 1st interview. The general manager told me on the spot that she wanted me to meet the crew so I met the afternoon crew that day (which took an hour). You get to talk to the crew one on one in the kitchen just to get to know them and vice versa. When I was done, the General Manager told me to meet the morning crew on the weekend early morning. I met them and it was the same as the day I met the afternoon crew. Each one of these interviews took about 5 minutes or less.

Interview Questions

• Why chipotle?
    Why should we NOT hire you?
    What do you know about chipotle?
    In one word, how would your friends describe you? (use one of the 13 characteristics)

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

This interview process was so frustrating. Especially since this was a fast food job they did absolutely way too much. First it was a brief phone interview. I received an email confirming a face to face interview. I spoke to the apprentice. He showed me around the back of the resultant and made it seem as if I was that much closer to the job. Then was called in to speak to the manager, assistant manager, and 2 crew members! Seriously. All of this so the manager could tell me he didn't think I had enough high energy for the job. I was interviewed in the restaurant while customers were seated eating I didn't particularly want to make a scene.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle (Stockton, CA).

Interview

Applied Wednesday, got a call back Saturday. First interview that Monday.

So I did my research on such short notice. It's helpful that you watch the Chipotle documentary so you can kiss butt. In the interview they emphasize a lot on empowerment and top performance.

interview questions
    (Process was about 15 minutes)
    What do you know about the history of chipotle?
    How did you apply for this position?
    What are some of your past job experiences?
    What didn't you like about your previous job?

Second interview Tuesday
    Wasn't really an interview, they said they lost our papers where they were taking notes about us from the first interview. So the kitchen manager just gave us a tour of the front and back of the house.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

I received a call about a week after sending in my application to come to an interview on Tuesday at 4. I got there around 3:45 (dressed in black pants, flats, and a buisness-casual top) and wasn't surprised to find that it was a group interview because I had done tons of research on this site prior. Before the interview even started, I was a nervous wreck. However, I started talking with another girl who was also there for the interview. We immediateley hit it off and helped each other calm down. We even started chatting with some of the crew, asking them questions about their jobs and stuff. Within three minutes of entering the building, I was completely calm and in fact was excited for the interview. The interview itself didn't start until around 4:10. It was conducted by the general manager. She did a great job of making all seven of us feel welcome, comfortable, and like our opinions truly mattered. It took about 45 minutes, and a good 10-15 minutes of that time was her explaining Chipotle's food and people cultures. I was prepared for all the questions (she only asked 3 or 4), and I was the only one who knew about the history of the restaurant. Be sure to go to Chipotle's website and research these it before your interview! I was also the first one to ask a question when we were asked if we had any questions. Simply examining the personalities of the workers who were there and based off the questions she asked, I could tell that they genuinely want workers who are high-spirited and easy to get along with, which I think I did a pretty good job of being. At the end of the interview, she told us that if we received a call within 24-48 hours, they wanted us to come back for a second interview with the crew and that if we received an email, they didn't want us. Well, I recieved an email yesterday (Thursday), but this is where I'm confused: it gave me a username and password to create an account on myworkday.com. I did so, and appearantly it's the website that you're supposed to use to track your hours and your pay and your schedule if you get the job. The thing is, I haven't officially gotten the job! They never called me in the 24-48 hours that they said they would; I haven't even had my second crew interview yet. I've been trying to get a hold of the lady who interviewed me, or anyone else who might be able to explain, but no one I talk to seems to know, and my interviewer is alsways gone or busy when I call. I really hope to get this straightened out soon because I would love to work at Chipotle; the workers are cool, the managers are nice, the overall atmosphere is really fun, and apparently they pay well. Overall, this has been a positive expereince. I'm proud of how well I did during and before the interview, especially considering that I was so scared originally. However, I'm getting frustrated that no one is able to tell me what's going on.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email within a few days to come in for an interview the following week. Interview was easy, very short. I was told that I'd receive an email later that day to tell me if I got the job or not. I didn't receive an email so I called the store the next day. They told me their hiring managers were not in and to call the next day. I called the next day and they told me the same thing. I patiently waited until the next day and called for the third time. They told me again that the hiring managers were not in, but said that its likely that I didn't get the job and they just haven't told me yet. Still awaiting an email from them. Will update when email is recieved.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chipotle (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was notified through email to come in. Very nice, friendly people and manager. He asked me basic questions. I came prepared, I knew all the answers. He told me he would call me later on for a second interview with the crew. I never got a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, someone called me to come in and about four different people met with me, asked me lots of questions - this included the GM, kitchen manager, staff manager, manager... They said that instead of having me come in for a second interview they would all interview me that day one after the other. and within about 10 minutes I was told I was hired. Took about a week for paperwork.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process so far has been pretty easy. Now Before this one, I had an interview with every chipotle before they built a new one. I applied March. Got a group interview in April. I had on a black dress suit with a white and blue dress shirt. I got there 15 mins early. It was only one other person and she was very nervous but I talked to to help her be calm and confident. Well we met the kitchen manager. She was very laid back and only asked three question and she said she like both of us and will make sure we get a second interview. A week later, I went in for my second interview. This manager was more laid back than the first. He put his feet up and drank his Ginger ale and just asked about me as a person. We dicussed everything from weather to my 21th birthday plans to being confident and being yourself. I feel like the interview went great. I am waiting a call back for me to either be offered a job or denied. I believe I have this job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was an easy interview. They didn't ask many questions. All of the managers were very laid back. If you went in there like you wanted the job you will get it. Just relax and talk and you will get the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chipotle (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a very laid back one on one interview. It only lasted about ten minutes with pretty typical questions. Make sure to know the mission statement of Chipotle and why you want to work there. Look up how the company started and know general background. They also asked me to tell a little bit about myself. It was a very typical interview so as long as you have the basic questions rehearsed and in your head, you should be fine.