Chipotle

Average Difficulty
258 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – Application process was quick! Within a few days I received an email stating they would like to meet with me. I applied to three different locations, and each was a group interview. Don't know what it is they're looking for, but I guess hard working and energetic isn't what they want.

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online to Chipotle on a Thursday, and got a call the following Monday to schedule an interview. I arrived at my interview 15 minutes early. I let the staff know why I was there, and they were very kind. They directed me to sit down, and let me get a drink. I ended up waiting about a half hour for my interviewer to come. The manager was still unavailable at this point, so I was interviewed by the shift supervisor. He was very nice, and we interviewed in the outside eating area. The questions were easy, and it was all very relaxed. I was told that I would be contacted within a week, but never was.

Crew Member

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – I put in an application online and abojt a week or two later they called me about a group interview the following Tuesday. At my group interview, there as only one other person there and we were interviewed by two employees (I think one was the apprentice or something). They were both really friendly and my advice would be just to stay bubbly and interact with them, the other guy I was being interviewed with wasn't that bubbly but whatever. They told me they would call me back about a second interview by the end of the day and when I didn't get a call back, I ended up calling them myself the next day. To which, they set me up for a second interview saying, "hopefully this will be the last one." I went to the interview and the guy who I was initially interviewed with was there as well - so I guess he got it even though he was super boring and not that engaging but he had 4 years of kitchen experience. They say you don't need experience, but it's obviously not the full truth. I think without experience you have to rely on your personality and friendliness, with experience just stick to your facts. Anyways, during the second interview we met with the restaurant manager and he just talked to us about chipotle and blah blah whatever. He was sort of rude because when he asked abojt is, I told him I was studying to get my masters in social work, he just went on this spiel of how why would you waste time and money when you could come to chipotle and become a manager and help people here. Like ok, that's great but I have other plans with my life. Does everyone need to be in this business? It was just kind of really rude. Next, he gave us a tour of the kitchen, we met some crew members, and then he individually interviewed us. I was second because the other guy had arrived before me. It wasn't much of an interview as it was repeating my availability to him and whether I was looking for part time or full time work. Then bam - he said the apprentice who first interviewed me wanted to hire me so I would be hired. The guy I was interviewed with was also hired as well.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I have no experience so there was no negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Secaucus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – I had applied online over a month ago before I got a call for a scheduled interview, I wore a business casual dress with minimal jewelry--just in case. But it was summer time so my dress was thigh length. I came in early before opening around 8am and found out that it was a group interview kinda setting, but only ONE other person showed up. There was supposed to be 8. That was definitely a red flag for me, but it worked out to my advantage because I was more comfortable and confident and I think that definitely showed in my answers. I was answering first and smiled often. After about 4 days has passed, I got a call back that I was hired. However, the entire hiring process took about 2 weeks because of orientation and paperwork that needed to be done BEFORE I actually got my uniform and started immediately. But overall it was fun. I had never eaten Chipotle before but I am a believer now. The burritos are DELICIOUS.

Interview Question – What do you know about Food With Integrity? Who is Steve Ells?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them as soon as I received an offer what I wanted for a pay rate--they were surprised and readily agreed.

Crew Member

I applied online and interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – Overall pretty easy interview. I actually went to two interviews and both asked the same questions, like why chipotle? How would your friends describe you in three words? One of the interviews was a one on one because I called in that I could not make it to the date they had originally scheduled me for, and the manager was nice.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult at all. Well one that I was not expecting was, give me one reason I shouldn't hire you.   Answer Question

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an email the next day with a time and day of the interview. Got to my interview the hiring manager was really rude and asked me questions that didn't relate to the job, I honestly think she was discriminating against me because me interview lasted only a couple of minutes.

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – The process was very easy actually very easy questions like what do you know about the company the interview. Basically gave a story about why she chose to work here. An how much she loves it we were in a group interview probably about ten people were there grouped off.

Interview Question – None to be honest. It was just so unexpected how they notified me so quick like a couple hours quick to tell me i didn't get the offer. I guess going in dressed up basically with your resume dose not get the jobs in today's market any more.   Answer Question

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call about 2 weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. I came in and met with the Restauranteur and we talked about my availability and my knowledge of the company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was hired on the spot and started working 4 days after

Very Easy Interview

Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was invited via email for an interview soon after applying online. There were about 8-9 of us for a group interview in the morning before the restaurant opened. The manager was terribly late, as were a couple other candidates. While waiting, we saw current crew members prepping the restaurant before opening which was very interesting.

The group interview was very simple and easy. The manager spoke 75% of the time and asked about 4-5 questions indirectly. So to stand out, you must speak out- but be sure not to sound over-confident and "show-off"ish (although I don't think the manager seemed to care about that at all). There is a way to speak and present yourself to demonstrate that you are a good fit for the position without seeming overconfident. A fellow candidate in the group did seem slightly overconfident to me, as he was trying to speak first for every question. Although I thought the manager didn't seem to care too much about it, this is just simple group interview etiquette. In a more professional workplace, managers/recruiters will definitely take notice of such things- so this was a good experience for me.

After the first group interview, I received an invitation for a second interview via email. This time there were 3 or 4 of us (out of the initial 8-9) from what I remember. The second interview basically reaffirmed that we were a good fit for the position. At the end of the interview, the manager formally offered us the position.

Interview Question – What can you offer to this Chipotle to help me and the team become a restauranteur and a top performing restaurant? The manager spoke about how top performing Chipotle restaurants receive certain benefits.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was looking for a seasonal position.

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – They usually ask you to tell them about yourself and why you want to work for the company. My first Chipotle interview they asked basic questions, afterwards, they emailed us. Second was at the fashion show where the manager talked to us a lot about the company and the few questions we were asked caught me a bit off guard. They picked one person out of the group right there to go on to a second interview. If you get an email requesting an interview, be prepared for a group interview. Answer every question they ask because groups are sometimes big and interviews are short and it's possible you won't get a word in.

Interview Questions

• Which one is a top performer: someone who comes in on time and does everything correctly or someone who doesn't do everything correctly but has a desire to learn?   View Answer
  • What is empowerment?   Answer Question
  • What are high standards to you?   View Answer

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!