Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.3

297 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

I received an email for an interview and a week after that interview I called to follow up. The general manager said she forgot to call me but wanted to do a second interview so I went. A week after that interview I called to follow up again and received yet another interview, all by different managers. At the end of the third interview they told me that the final interview would be by the general manager and that I should receive a call back later today or tomorrow. After three days I decided to follow up myself, yet again, and received the response of "Oh I forgot to ask the other manager about you call back at 4". I call back and am told that the general manager had just left and that my message would be relayed to her and that she would get back to me later today or the next morning. I found it highly unprofessional and a huge bother. I won't be following up anymore even though I really wanted to work there. I don't really understand why four interviews is required to wrap burritos part-time, and then being put off like that.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing was difficult, all interviews lasted less than 10 minutes and were very easy.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Crew Member Interview

After applying online you will receive an email specifying that the manager wants to meet with you or does not want to meet with you. At that time you will come in have one interview with an apprentice (assistant GM), Service Manager or Kitchen Manager followed by an interview with the GM and lastly a "crew interview" where you meet the crew. If management and the crew like you then you will be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • If you are given a difficult project how do you handle it in a team setting?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

Applied online and got an email offer for a job fair. Came in for the job fair, there was about 6 other people and we had a group interview. Questions were like "Why should we choose you?" "What do you like to do in your spare time?" "Where is your favorite place to be and why?" "Where will you never work at and why?" "What makes you happy?"

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

I applied online in the first week of September. I got a call back around a week or so later asking if I could come in for an interview in the two days and I agreed. I walked in and waited since the time of the interview was before hours and in total it was 3 other people and I. Some of the crew and the manager interviewed us. They asked in total 3 questions and then went around answering questions that we might have had. They told us if they didn't hear from us within 2-3 days, they "decided to go another route". It wasn't until a week later that I got called back for my second interview. I will update after I finish the process since this is what happened to me as of right now.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a little bit about yourself.
      Why Chipotle?
      A time you were most uncomfortable?
        Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in October 2014.

I had my first chipotle interview about a week ago I applied online and it took two weeks for me to here back. So I went in dressed nice but not to professional remember it's a fast food restaurant. I went in i arrived 15 mins early then another female and boy walked in and we got interview together as a group with two crew members the interview was very chill and relaxed I was smiling asking the crew members questions I always made sure I gave the best answer and I answered before anybody else did and guess what I have my second interview tomorrow so wish me luck

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in October 2014.

I applied online and got an email a while later telling me about an interview so I was excited and went there all professionally but they made me wait forever and the kitchen manager was impressed with all my answers and said that she would call me back but didn't. Two weeks later I called asking for the manager about the status and she set me up for a second interview. The next day I went thinkin it was the official second interview but NO they did not even know. The general manager wanted to hire me but after asking when I'll turn 18 she said she unfortunately cannot hire me even though she'd love to. I was confused because the first interview was fine when she knew my age so I said but this is the second interview so I assumed everything was clear and she was all suprised and had to talk with someone about it. She continued the interview but I saw no point in it. She said she'd let me know later but no. I gave up on this very unorganized company! What a waste of time and hope and studying about this company!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

I applied online via snagajob. About a week later I received an email, inviting me to an interview. The time slot on the interview was from 10am to 11am -- which I found strange because locally Chipotle doesn't open until 11. I wanted to arrive early so I got there at about 10:30. To no surprise, the doors were locked and I had to call for someone to open them. After I got inside, there was about a 5 minute wait before I actually say down with someone. Initially, I was interviewed my an "apprentice" - someone in training to become a General Manager. She asked me a few questions about why I wanted to work for Chipotle and explained what is to be expected of a Chipotle employee. After her, I was interviewed by every, and I do mean EVERY, member of the staff that was present at the time. They all asked me the same questions. It was made very clear that they endorse a notion of empowerment and teamwork. Everyone let me know that as a Chipotle employee you have to better yourself while you better those around you too so no one gets left behind. It was quite overwhelming and unusual as compared to any other interview experience I have ever had. The interview, in total, lasted over an hour. After I spoke with everyone, I was invited to come back the following day (tomorrow) for an interview with the GM. I would advise brushing up on a few Chipotle history facts before hand and mention that the food is all natural.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate. Chipotle makes it clear that they want confident employees. They strongly, STRONGLY endorse empowerment (another great thing to mention on your interview) so they aren't looking for you to sell yourself short. I asked for 9.00/hr and they agreed.

Crew Member Interview

Submitted application online. Got a call from manager two days later and set up one on one interview the same day. Interview was fun and relaxing. Got to talk to a few current employees. Unfortunately they only hire 18+yo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

I applied online based on an ad I saw on Careerbuilder. A couple of days later - Saturday to be specific, I got a call at 9:30 at night to ask if I wanted to come in for an interview the following Monday. The guy was hard to hear and seemed super excitable and giddy. I accepted with giddiness.
    The interview took place as a group - five of us - with one of the managers. I think he was a step up from kitchen manager. He explained the position and the company for a few minutes and then did the group interview by going around the table asking everyone to answer the same standard questions.
    - Tell me something interesting about you?
    - What makes you different?
    - Why do you want to work at Chipotle?
    - Tell me why you would be good at Chipotle (3 reasons)
    - Tell me something you know about Chipotle
    Overall, the questions were pretty basic and the answers came across accordingly. The next step in the interview process was to come in and meet some of the 'senior' crew members and have another interview with the General Manager.
    I wouldn't know, I didn't make it to the second round. I am kind of relieved after reading about the working conditions. It's a job, but do your research before you try to get a job there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to resolve a customer dispute (not really difficult, but seemed like he wanted tougher disputes than the examples given by most of the interviewees.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

I applied to Chipotle and a day or two later I got a email saying to attend an interview with a date, time, and location.
    Prior to the interview I did a lot of research on chipotle and on how to be during the interview, which I found that a persons "vibes" and their adoration/ knowledge of Chipotle are more important than prior work history, qualifying skills, etc.
    The interview was a group interview. There were six of us being interviewed at once. About three different people interviewed us during the interview which made it a little confusing/ distracting when another interviewer would enter in, ask questions and then leave.
    They asked us a few questions, and then asked if we had any questions to ask. I asked a few questions like, what qualities are you looking for in a crew member (to which they responded it doesn't matter because you learn them.. I think I had a look of shock on my face). I also asked what they do with the unused food and what's the most challenging thing about working there.

I was very professional, knew a lot (more than I needed to know) about chipotle, and I was very confident. I guess maybe I was too confident, too professional, maybe even a little intimidating (for what's it's worth, I was a female being interviewed by mostly two young, 18 and 20 yr old males, who in my opinion were less professional then I was- one guy was looking at his phone during the interview!!)
    But I digress, basically don't know too much, and don't be too professional and you *might* be asked in for a second interview or maybe even hired.