Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.3

Crew Member Interview

Applied online and was notified via email to interview about a week later. Group interview consisting of 1 manager, 3 crew members, and 6 interviewees. Interview lasted about 48 minutes.

Interview questions were pretty easy but the whole interview seemed like a complete joke. One crew member was on her phone a couple times during the interview (probably texting). Even worse, the manager picked up a phone call to his cell during the interview and completely disregarded what the applicant was saying. After he hung up he didn't apologize to the applicant and simply said "ok, next person." I know working here requires a fun and enthusiastic personality, but I didn't expect the interview to be such a joke and the manager to be so rude. I've experienced my fair share of interviews and I've never had one like this. Definitely makes me think of the company differently, especially since two of their 13 characteristics are respectful and polite.

Manager notified all interviewees that decisions for the 2nd round would be made by next Monday.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself.
    Why Chipotle?
    What do you think would be the hardest part about working at Chipotle?
    What do you know about Chipotle?
    How do you handle criticism?
    How would you deal with a rude customer?
    If your friends had to describe you in one word, what would it be?
    What is 1 strength and 1 weakness?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

I was interviewed with about 4 other people. Overall everything went well, the GM and the apprentice made us feel welcomed and it didn't feel like a waste of time. One thing you should really be able to answer is "what do you know about chipotle?" We were asked that question and literally no one said anything, so I stepped in and told them the history of chipotle which really impressed the GM. We didn't get an offer because we applied for a new store which isn't opening till April.

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

I did a group interview and it actually went very well. the interviewer was very kind allowed us to feel comfortable and everything went smoothly. I got the second interview where he told me we would be tested.

Interview Questions
    • What do you describe yourself as?
      What did you apply to Chipotle specifically?

Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

Well , the interview went pretty well i was greeted by the manager upon entering the door . I was asked about the company's history and additionally about myself and the goals which i hold in the future . I was told that i will be called back and then reffered to an interview , I'm just waiting to see the response so i don't officially have the job yet .

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

The process took very quick I got called back in the couple days that I applied online for. I got to the interview and they asked me two questions if I knew about chipotle and if I had any questions after they told me what they do

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle in March 2015.

I was interviewed with 2 other people. They ask a lot of background questions, you need to know the history. It is a bonus to have previous experience. Mangers are cool and easy going. Looking for someone that is motivated and will fit in with the environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in March 2015.

The interview process was very simple. However, you need to be able to know the questions they ask and how to answer them! Don't go in blind. Be friendly, smile, and know what to say.

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chipotle in March 2015.

Applied online and surprisingly got a call back within an hr. Scheduled a first interview and unlike most others this was one on one. Manager was very nice asked me basic interview questions, why you want to work here, what do you know about chipotle. Whole interview went well. She called back today and scheduled a second interview. Still waiting for the 2nd interview

Interview Questions
    • 3 strengths and weaknesses, why do you want to work at Chipotle   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle in March 2015.

It was very informal, but do go into the interview knowing something about the company. They want to understand that you want to be there and not that anybody is forcing you to be there. Be friendly, be energetic and smile.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in March 2015.

I submitted an application online and 2 days later received an email to attend an interview. The interview was scheduled the next day after the email was received. The interview started late because we had to wait for the interviewers to be ready. I was interviewed with a group of people. There were 4 applicants being interviewed and 3 employees conducting the interview. Only the manager asked questions while the other 2 just listened. One question was asked and we all took turns answering. It lasted about 20 minutes. We were told at the end of the interview that they would let us the next day if we would be called back for a second interview. They said the second interview would be done by the crew and would be all about Chipotle.