Chipotle

2.3

328 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cicero, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cicero, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in February 2013.

First of all this company is really picky, they will only pick people with the 13 characteristics.
First the company sent me an e-mail stating that they were hosting a job fair and will like to see me. I assisted the job fair -passed it-. Second, manager interview, be friendly and positive, if you pass the manager interview you will go and meet the crew, if they like you you'll totally get the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Junction, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in May 2013.

I initially applied through an online application. About 4 days later I received an email explaining my interview was scheduled for the following week; however, it gave no specific time, so I had to phone the restaurant to find out.

When I showed up to the restaurant there were two of us: a girl and myself. The first question was, "what are you looking for?" My immediate response was a career, and the girl replied she wanted something just for summer until she goes off to university. The interviewer turned to her and stated, "I'm sorry, but we're looking for someone who will stay with us longer." She then glared at the girl as if ushering her to leave telepathically until the girl finally did so. Her interview process lasted literally 30 seconds, and the interviewer didn't even offer an apologetic, "I'm sorry for completely and utterly wasting your time."

My interview went slightly better. I made it to the next question. "Do you have any restaurant experience?" I told her I had some (I pick up small jobs at a local fine dining restaurant on occasion). She told me it wasn't enough, and they weren't looking to train anyone. She then gave me the same uncomfortable glare, but I didn't hesitate like the girl; I IMMEDIATELY left. The first girl made it 30 seconds, I made it a minute.

I have read many extremely negative reviews on the interview process for Chipotle, and I have to say I agree with all of them. I was skeptical before, but after the joke of an interview process I'm a believer.

All-in-all, I will never apply for a job at Chipotle again even if I gain the experience to open my own fine dining restaurant in NYC, LV, etc. I also don't eat there anymore. The process was so terrible they've lost my business for life.

Qdoba it is!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chipotle in August 2013.

They are building a new Chipotle and had a sign saying apply online. I applied on a Friday and received an email on Saturday telling me to come in the following Mon between 1-5. Chipotle has a 3 interview "rule"; basically its with whomever is in charge first, then the general manger and finally the crew. I figured it would be group interviews since the time was so open and when I got there it was me and another person. At 1pm no one was there, the general manager and apprentice showed up later, closer to 1:30. By that time there was 7 of us; one person was there for a 2nd interview so I was placed with the other 5. The interview lasted over an hour and things were going well because I knew a lot about the Chipotle culture, plus I was the most experienced; everyone else was under 21 with either no experience or 1 prior job. Maybe 3 hours after the 1st interview I was called in for a 2nd interview 2 days later. I got there early and was then mostly interviewed by the general manager, who must of thought I was boring because she was not at all focused on what I had to say. The interview lasted maybe 30 mins with a promise, because she did not say MIGHT but you WILL get an email telling you when to come in for a 2nd interview. I knew I wouldn't get the job because I was too old (I am only 29) and that they really only wanted young inexperience employees to mold into the perfect cult. Sure enough almost a week later I got an email saying i was not what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
    • They ask why they shouldn't hire you....do not be honest and list a fault. I believed honesty is always the best policy and I told them i was a bit shy around coworkers. This company is not really about the customers but about how much fun you can have at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle in May 2013.

Applied online, was asked to come in for an interview later that week. Very unprofessional interview environment, myself and five other people all sat at a table and were interviewed by the manager and a district manager at the same time. Was incredibly awkward, we were all competing to answer the questions first and to make a good impression.

I have never experienced an interview like this and hopefully never were.

Interview Questions
    • What are the traits that make a good Chipotle employee?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simi Valley, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in October 2011.

I went in with an application filled out to be interviewed. I was interviewed that day. I was then called in the next day by the general manager to be interviewed. He said I had the job, but I was then interviewed by 3 more managers the following day. The last manager to interview told me "Thank you, we will let you know within 3 days if we are interested" They let me know by the third day that they were in fact interested.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in June 2012.

Got an invitation to come in for an interview. I showed up and there was about 4 or 5 people waiting. Senior manager interviewed us one on one and the GM would be in and out of the interviews. Narrowed it down to a 3 people from all the other groups they interviewed. Called and offered job as well as sent an email.

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alameda, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle in August 2012.

The interview was hard , (for an almost minimum wage job). I got 2 managers asking me questions. You really have to prove to them that you can work in a fast paced environment and deal with a lot of people in a short amount of time , while providing good customer service to all.

Interview Questions
    • How to balance life and work?( I'm a married women with a small child to care for).   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle.

Either paper application or online. Manager will call for an interview. Interview is one on one with several of the store managers including, but not limited to, general manager, apprentice GM, Service manager and kitchen managers. Some kitchen managers in training may also interview. As many as 4 interviews can be given. Personality type has to be outgoing, optimistic, positive and ambitious.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

Came in 15 minutes early, they gave me a drink and asked me to wait for a few minutes. About 45 minutes later someone came out and gave me an interview. they told me to come back tomorrow. The same thing happened, and again told me to come back in two days for another interview. Two days latter I came in and had my interview 10 minutes they offered me the job.

First interview was with a crew member
    Second interview was with a low manager
    Third interview was with the General Manager

Interview Questions
    • What are chipotle high standards, food with integrity, what would your friend would say about you in three words, why you want to work for chipotle. History about Chipotle and the CEO   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle in April 2014.

Had to go for a duel interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Chipotle? How would your friends describe you? Tell me something about yourself. Why should we hire you?   View Answer