Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

272 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I was contacted about a week and a half after applying and invited in for an interview. I attended a preliminary interview. The primary interview, unlike with other Chipotles I have applied to, was 1:1. I was invited for a second interview before leaving the first interview. My second interview took place less than a week later. Upon attending the second interview, I was offered a position on the same day.

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Chipotle.

I attended a Chipotle interview. The process was okay actually very easy questions like what do you know about the company .The interview was based on why we would like to work here. An how the new employee have a three step interview process.More about who vibes with the crew rather than who is qualified

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

I went in for an open interview that I had applied online. My first interview was with a young, kitchen manager. Haven't heard back in a week or so, I went ahead and called back to follow up and got another interview with the apprentice and the GM of the store, since they were desperate to get someone hired and start working since they were short handed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult or unexpected. They did most of the talking about Chipotle, the values, and the history background. The only thing I could remember asking me was "tell me about yourself" and "why do you want to work for chipotle" and also "what do you know about chipotle" etc etc etc.   Answer Question
    I would advice people to do some research of the chipotle background and how it all got started.

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

I applied online 3 or 4 restaurants, they called me for one, but I couldn't go, two weeks late a received a email for another.
    This selective process was a waste of time. I made an interview with three managers, we were five interviewed each time, there were about 15 people waiting. They made three questions. None answered better than another, but they chose two people, and talked more with them, and they continue talking with others by mere formality. I am a foreign, I can communicate very well in English, but the fact they shamelessly chose two people, even they were not better than others, made me so angry that I bad responded a simple question about free time. I don't know what they are looking for, but it is not for the best. These questions were not enough to know who is the best.

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

I applied online to Chipotle on a Thursday, and got a call the following Monday to schedule an interview. I arrived at my interview 15 minutes early. I let the staff know why I was there, and they were very kind. They directed me to sit down, and let me get a drink. I ended up waiting about a half hour for my interviewer to come. The manager was still unavailable at this point, so I was interviewed by the shift supervisor. He was very nice, and we interviewed in the outside eating area. The questions were easy, and it was all very relaxed. I was told that I would be contacted within a week, but never was.

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

I put in an application online and abojt a week or two later they called me about a group interview the following Tuesday. At my group interview, there as only one other person there and we were interviewed by two employees (I think one was the apprentice or something). They were both really friendly and my advice would be just to stay bubbly and interact with them, the other guy I was being interviewed with wasn't that bubbly but whatever. They told me they would call me back about a second interview by the end of the day and when I didn't get a call back, I ended up calling them myself the next day. To which, they set me up for a second interview saying, "hopefully this will be the last one." I went to the interview and the guy who I was initially interviewed with was there as well - so I guess he got it even though he was super boring and not that engaging but he had 4 years of kitchen experience. They say you don't need experience, but it's obviously not the full truth. I think without experience you have to rely on your personality and friendliness, with experience just stick to your facts. Anyways, during the second interview we met with the restaurant manager and he just talked to us about chipotle and blah blah whatever. He was sort of rude because when he asked abojt is, I told him I was studying to get my masters in social work, he just went on this spiel of how why would you waste time and money when you could come to chipotle and become a manager and help people here. Like ok, that's great but I have other plans with my life. Does everyone need to be in this business? It was just kind of really rude. Next, he gave us a tour of the kitchen, we met some crew members, and then he individually interviewed us. I was second because the other guy had arrived before me. It wasn't much of an interview as it was repeating my availability to him and whether I was looking for part time or full time work. Then bam - he said the apprentice who first interviewed me wanted to hire me so I would be hired. The guy I was interviewed with was also hired as well.

Interview Questions
    I have no experience so there was no negotiation.

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Application process was quick! Within a few days I received an email stating they would like to meet with me. I applied to three different locations, and each was a group interview. Don't know what it is they're looking for, but I guess hard working and energetic isn't what they want.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Chipotle or who Steve Ellis is?   View Answer
    • What makes you different from all other applicants?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle.

Applied online, got an email the next day with a time and day of the interview. Got to my interview the hiring manager was really rude and asked me questions that didn't relate to the job, I honestly think she was discriminating against me because me interview lasted only a couple of minutes.

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Chipotle.

Overall pretty easy interview. I actually went to two interviews and both asked the same questions, like why chipotle? How would your friends describe you in three words? One of the interviews was a one on one because I called in that I could not make it to the date they had originally scheduled me for, and the manager was nice.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult at all. Well one that I was not expecting was, give me one reason I shouldn't hire you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2013.

I applied online and received a phone call about 2 weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. I came in and met with the Restauranteur and we talked about my availability and my knowledge of the company.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer
    Was hired on the spot and started working 4 days after