Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle (Federal Way, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and about two days later I got an email saying that I had an interview the very next day. So I was glad that was quick but when I got to the interview I didn't know it was going to be a group one. It was awkward for me and for the rest of the people who were getting interview. So as it went along the manager who was interviewing us didn't ask us any questions about the company just about are hobbies and goals. He was kind of rude to you if you had a goal he didn't like so I was glad to get an email a couple hours later saying that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process at Chipotle was... Interesting. So I was called for an interview a few days after I applied online. I came in, and it was a group interview like most people on this site mentioned. The interview lasted 10 minutes tops and they only asked 2 questions. Later that day, they called me again and told me that they wanted to schedule another interview. So I came in and much to my surprise it was another group interview, but this time with a different manager (the kitchen manager). It was literally the same interview I had the first time. The same two questions and the same time frame. So the next day they call me back again and say they want to schedule another interview. This one was much more chill, one on one, and the manager was very laid back and easy to talk to. Then he brought out the general manager to meet me and she asked me the same questions as well. The questions were very repetitive but I answered it as consistently and to the best of my ability. So I drove home, and right when I got to my front door, I got an email saying that they were unable to offer me the job..... I definitely feel like I didn't do that horribly during the interview, but oh well

Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Chipotle (Lake Worth, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Had to wait a bit for the other people attending the job fair. Definitely research the company and the policy on Food with integrity. Very informal so no need to wear a suit. All they do is ask about you and what you know about chipotle. So far I just had one interview so if I get the job I'll do an update.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Chipotle?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online through snag a job, then about one week later I got a phone call during which I was asked to come in that day at 4pm for a interview with the manager of the location I applied to. I dressed casually in a white shirt, black dress pants, and dress shoes. The interview I felt went very well I was interviewed with another girl and I am waiting to be emailed or called for a second interview. I would love to work at chipotle so I am crossing my fingers I get a second interview and am hired!

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chipotle (North Las Vegas, NV) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was casual and simple. It took 5-6 days for the company to reach me back through email. The email invited me to a job fair which really was a collection of 4-5 job seekers who are interviewed one at a time for 30 minutes in-store. The questions were generally related to finding more information about the potential employee and reasons as to why you would want to work there. The interesting about this experience was that apparently you have to be 18 to work there and I am only 16!

Anonymous Employee in Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle (Industry, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed about 3 days later to come in the store at an appointed date and time for an interview. It was actually a group interview with three other people who applied and the manager and one of the employees were there conducting it. They were overall nice and friendly and asked us to tell them more about ourselves before we got into the actual interview questions. The interview took about an hour since we all took turns answering the questions. They sent an email later on at the same day to determine whether you'll be given a second interview or a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to apply for Chipotle?   Answer Question
    • What makes you qualified to work for us?   Answer Question
    • If your friends were to describe you in one word, what would it be? (refer to Chipotle's 13 characteristics)   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Chipotle? (history, "Food with Integrity," etc.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle (Elyria, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online and called them a couple days after. Got an interview real easily and went in on a monday while they were working. I met with the GM, there was another girl with me during the interview. He mainly talked and explained how hard it is to work there and what they do. He asked things like why chipotle, tell me about yourself, and what could you bring to the team. At the end he said he liked us and to come back Wednesday for a second interview. Went in and met with two crew members and the kitchen manager. They told us to come back monday. We talked to the crew working the day shift. They gave us a bowl on the house and we talked. They told us to step outside so they could talk and they came out and told us we were hired.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in July 2015.

Interview

What people don't know about Chipotle is that there are usually 2-3 interviews before you get hired. The first interview will be a group interview. I've had one group interview with 8 people and I've had another with only 4, so you never know how many people you'll be interviewing with. Your interviewers will be a combination of people, once again it varies. I interviewed with the Apprentice and General Manager for the group interview. My second interview was with the Service Manager. And my third and final interview was with the Restauranteur. Interview questions are basic. They are looking for personality (13 characteristics) and someone who will "fit" in with the team. Make sure you do your research on the company or you'll look like a joke! Learned this the hard way..

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why Chipotle? What do you know about Chipotle? What do you order? Have you had a previous job/work experience?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in July 2015.

Interview

We were a group of about 6 people in total. The manager took us outside, where not only was it uncomfortably hot and sunny-- but loud and heavy traffic made it very difficult to hear anyone speak. The manager also fiddled around with the lid of her soft drink, which made it seem like she wasn't focused and wanted to get everything over with. She was very nice and gave us extra information about the chain and crew she worked with.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chipotle (Sacramento, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied, and two days later they emailed me an interview time, when you show up its a group interview and you really need to work to stand out considering there are seven or eight others.

Interview Questions

• basic questions like tell me about yourself, do you know any of chipotles history.   Answer Question