Chipotle Crew Member Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.3

299 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Crew Member Interview

Usually you get a email back within 2 days after applying. Then you meet with 2-3 crew members for the first interview. Then if you get a call back you meet with the managers of the Restaurant

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

I filled out an application online, and within a few days, I got a call and schedule my interview date, the next day. I interviewed with the the assistant manager, she asked pretty basic questions, mostly about myself and job experience (which I had none), and she said she would called me about another interview. Later on that day I got a another call for my 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was with a crew member and pretty much asked me the same questions as the first. I got another call later that day for a 3rd and final interview with the general manger where she just ask my availability and salary, and why I wanted to work there and at the end she said she was going to call me and tell when I would cone in for orientation.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

I applied on line and was contacted by email a few days later. When I showed up ,about 10 minutes early, there was one other girl there. They told us to take a seat and wait. Meanwhile more people showed up, two other girls and two guys. So after waiting about 10 minutes past the time when we were supposed to have the interview, the manager and some other guy showed up( he didn't really introduce his position). The had us sign our names on a clip board and then proceeded with a group interview. They asked basic questions like why we wanted to work there, what we know about the history of chipotle, and how we feel working in a fast paced environment. They mostly talked alot about chipotle and their whole philosophy and food with integrity.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I applied online and was contacted about a job fair. I went to the job fair and was interviewed by the kitchen manager in a group of 4. It was an easy interview, just went in a line to answer all the questions. I was called the same day for a second interview. The next day I came in for the interview and it was 4 of us from the job fair. The apprentice manager guy showed us a video and talked about what an employee at Chipotle should have. He gave us each a paper with three essay questions on it and told us to bring it in when we finish it. I brought it in the next day and was told I would be called. Two days later I got a call for a "crew interview" and when I arrived it was me and the girl from the second interview. We talked to the crew for about 45 minutes then left and once again was told we would be called. Two days later, I went into chipotle to eat and one of the girls recognized me from the crew interview and asked if I wanted to speak to the GM. I did and he asked if I would be part time or full time and then I got offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work her" "what would your best friend say about you" "what do you know about Chipotle" Just know a bit about Food With Integrity   Answer Question
    8.50 /hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I was contacted about a week and a half after applying and invited in for an interview. I attended a preliminary interview. The primary interview, unlike with other Chipotles I have applied to, was 1:1. I was invited for a second interview before leaving the first interview. My second interview took place less than a week later. Upon attending the second interview, I was offered a position on the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I applied online and I got a call the next day asking to come in the next morning for an interview at 10:45. After reading all of the reviews on here, I thought it would be a group interview, but mine was one-on-one. I had studied everything from their website the day before, got their early, and got really positive reactions from all of my answers. The guy was really impressed with my answers and how much I knew about the company and was really friendly and engaging which made me feel really good about the interview. He also got really excited when he asked me if I had any questions and I asked "What made you want to work here?". Apparently he loved to talk about that because he talked for like 15 minutes. Then he talked about the company and what they stood for and stuff like that. Asked what position I'd like to work and when I was available, etc. Then he told me he had a few other people to interview that day and told me that he'd call me later than night with the results. He ended up calling me 3 days later and told me I got a second interview scheduled for this Monday with the GM. Wish me luck!!

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected... "What do you know about Chipotle?"   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

First off this was a waste of time because I've been through 3 interviews... all of this to wrap a damn burrito? they ask you the same questions over and over again then you gotta wait for a email or a call back. I'll never waste my money there again! especially traveling to the city wasting my damn money. When they call and tell you a group interview, its just you by your self BTW.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

This was a total waste of time just as another person on this website stated. I applied online and got an automated email invite for an interview about a week after I applied. It was a group interview with 6 others and myself. However, the interviewers did not ask us anything about the company. I wasted so much time researching Chipotle for nothing. The questions were very simple. Someone asked how many positions the restaurant was looking to fill, and the interviewer stated 3-4. The problem is that they were conducting multiple group interviews just to end up burning through alot of capable applicants to only fill a few positions. Chipotle seems to enjoy wasting peoples time. The interviewers did not take notes on anything any of the applicants said, they didn't even have everybodys application with them and only had a few of ours. They did not seem interested in any of us since the beginning of the interview. I have no idea what Chipotle was looking for. I expressed interest in moving into a management position with them, and being in the job for the long haul. But I guess they don't want that.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: If you could be any type of food, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I applied online at Chipotle, a few days later they call and ask for an interview the next week. The location was going under construction and it was a one to one conversation with the general manager. I arrived 5 min. late due to public transportation but I was lucky enough for the manager not being there. He was a decent person and asked several questions which I answered with much confidence and got the job on the spot. This being my first job interview and first job I gladly accepted, plus the pay was pretty decent for starter like me.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of Crew Members would you like to be by your side?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

Asked basic questions, required me to drive into the city instead of waiting for me to return to the area two weeks later. Did both interviews in the same time span. I was hired that day.

None