Chipotle

2.3

328 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in October 2014.

Applied for chipotle online got a call a week later. Friday got the call for an interview on monday. Very easy questions basic questions first off he makes you right down your name and number on a clip board. then asks for your hours daily. And questions like what do you like to do? What do you know about chipotle? Why do you want to work here? What do you want to get out of chipotle? that was a difficlut question for me. Interview was about less then 10 min. Got a second interview tomorrow. Hope i get it!

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in October 2014.

I filled out an application on their website and recieved an email asking me to come in for an interview not even two days later. I came in for the interview and the km and gm seemed really interested and asked me to come back in for a 2nd interview.. When I came back the gm didn't even see me and I just interviewed with a regular crew member.. Who didn't even know that I had came in for the first interview.. He talked to me for not even 5 minutes and asked me to come back the next day to have an interview with the whole crew.. (i was kind of upset because this location is downtown and i had to pay for parking and of course since i was looking for a job im broke and finding the money for parking is hard, but i looked past it and kept a smile on my face because i love this company) i came back for my third review and all of the crew was using curse words and talking about the club they went to the night before and complaining about customers and having to work on halloween. when i tried to bring up 13 characteristics of chipotle i was interrupted and ignored. I was told that id be receiving an email whether i got the job or not. never received the email and when i called was declined the job.. The reason was because the crew didnt like me. They were very unprofessional the whole time and copped an attitude when i didnt join in on the negativity. I spent over 20 dollars on parking just to get denied the job. Not to mention this location is dirty. Every interview I came into the tables were dirty. I also have chipotle experience. i worked at a chipotle in austin tx before moving to indiana so i am very educated on the company and i know that in the middle of the afternoon all of the tables should be spot less at all times because you are not busy. I love the company and what they stand for but i do not recommend this location.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in October 2014.

Applied online which was a really easy process and received an email for interview a few days later. Went in for an interview at 3:30 PM and waited 40 minutes before a crew member arrived to interview. Interview was easy with only 3 questions asked, and then they informed me they have no positions open and will call me if that changes. I noticed they were conducting an interview with another person as I arrived, so they probably gave the opening to them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookline, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookline, MA

I applied online with in a couple of weeks I received email for the interview. When I arrived I asked for the interviewer I waited for about ten to fifteen minutes until she arrived. During the interview she wasn't really paying to anything I answer or was talking to the other employees. Overall I wasn't pleased and felt that it was a waste of both of our time.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question because she wasn't interested in hiring me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Applied online and uploaded resume for 3 different locations. Got the 'no thanks' email for the store just opening, but shortly thereafter, got an email for an interview for a Monday morning. It was a group interview with 7 people. We went around a table taking turns saying who we were and why we chose Chipotle and why we liked "Food with Integrity" and what we knew about it.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you believe you can help Chipotle achieve their goal?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in October 2014.

The interview took about ten minutes. I had fun during the whole interview because the person that interviewed me was really nice and excited. I was surprised that he was only working for the company for 8 months and was having the chance to interview people.

Interview Questions
    • The question that caught me off guard was when he asked how would my friends describe me in one word.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in October 2014.

Group Interview was good. Asked mostly questions about the company, why I want to work there, and about my previous work experience. Very calm and warm environment. I liked the employees. I was called that night for a second interview. Second interview was more personal. Got to meet manager and more workers. Im now waiting for a call to know if i got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

I applied online via snagajob. About a week later I received an email, inviting me to an interview. The time slot on the interview was from 10am to 11am -- which I found strange because locally Chipotle doesn't open until 11. I wanted to arrive early so I got there at about 10:30. To no surprise, the doors were locked and I had to call for someone to open them. After I got inside, there was about a 5 minute wait before I actually say down with someone. Initially, I was interviewed my an "apprentice" - someone in training to become a General Manager. She asked me a few questions about why I wanted to work for Chipotle and explained what is to be expected of a Chipotle employee. After her, I was interviewed by every, and I do mean EVERY, member of the staff that was present at the time. They all asked me the same questions. It was made very clear that they endorse a notion of empowerment and teamwork. Everyone let me know that as a Chipotle employee you have to better yourself while you better those around you too so no one gets left behind. It was quite overwhelming and unusual as compared to any other interview experience I have ever had. The interview, in total, lasted over an hour. After I spoke with everyone, I was invited to come back the following day (tomorrow) for an interview with the GM. I would advise brushing up on a few Chipotle history facts before hand and mention that the food is all natural.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate. Chipotle makes it clear that they want confident employees. They strongly, STRONGLY endorse empowerment (another great thing to mention on your interview) so they aren't looking for you to sell yourself short. I asked for 9.00/hr and they agreed.

Crew Member Interview

Submitted application online. Got a call from manager two days later and set up one on one interview the same day. Interview was fun and relaxing. Got to talk to a few current employees. Unfortunately they only hire 18+yo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

I applied online based on an ad I saw on Careerbuilder. A couple of days later - Saturday to be specific, I got a call at 9:30 at night to ask if I wanted to come in for an interview the following Monday. The guy was hard to hear and seemed super excitable and giddy. I accepted with giddiness.
    The interview took place as a group - five of us - with one of the managers. I think he was a step up from kitchen manager. He explained the position and the company for a few minutes and then did the group interview by going around the table asking everyone to answer the same standard questions.
    - Tell me something interesting about you?
    - What makes you different?
    - Why do you want to work at Chipotle?
    - Tell me why you would be good at Chipotle (3 reasons)
    - Tell me something you know about Chipotle
    Overall, the questions were pretty basic and the answers came across accordingly. The next step in the interview process was to come in and meet some of the 'senior' crew members and have another interview with the General Manager.
    I wouldn't know, I didn't make it to the second round. I am kind of relieved after reading about the working conditions. It's a job, but do your research before you try to get a job there.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to resolve a customer dispute (not really difficult, but seemed like he wanted tougher disputes than the examples given by most of the interviewees.   Answer Question