Chipotle

Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.3

358 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I applied here last Saturday and got an email saying they would like to interview me that Wednesday. The interview went great, every single crew member said they liked me and the GM told me to come again this Monday for a second review. But then, I got an email saying they reviewed my application and don't have a position to offer me. It kinda through me off but I'm still going to go to the interview and tell them about it. I'll update on my second interview.

Interview Questions
  • Every single crew member asked me what I knew about the company. All were impressed because they said that the only thing people say when they come in is that they just like the food. Also, they ask for examples of how you are a leader, and how would your friends describe me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I was contacted via e-mail. I was told to go in anytime for 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. I decided to arrive at 9:50 or so just to be early. When I arrived there was a gentleman who opened the door, and I thought he was going to interview me, but then two other people arrived. So they were going to interview four people separately. I was the second person to be interviewed, after the interview I was offered a job and I took it of course.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikesville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikesville, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I applied on a Thursday and got an email about a job fair for the following Monday. I came Monday at 3 and it was a group interview. It was several other people. There was a notepad going around and we wrote our name, number, and email on it. I was prepared and gave clear answers. I was the only person who knew about the mission statement and the history about chipotle. My availability was pretty open I guess that was not enough for them. She said we would be notified in 24 hours via email if we got the job or not.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I Applied & Got An Email Days Later For A Interview, The interview Was Nice, The Interviewer Was Very Nice & Made Everything Feel Calm & Made Sure We Weren't Nervous. Btw It Was A Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queen Creek, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queen Creek, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I applied on a Thursday; that Friday I got a call saying they wanted me to come in for an interview on Tuesday (today). Beforehand I just did a little research on the history of Chipotle and what they're "about". On the day of the interview I got there about 10 minutes early; they gave me a soda and told me I'd be interviewed in the dining area, where another guy was sitting. Before the interview, two more people came in so it became clear that it'd be a group interview, which I was fine with.
    The interviewer turned out to be the same woman who had called me about setting up and interview a few days earlier (and I assume she also called the other three?). She asked maybe two questions before she said, "Oops, almost forgot, you're all over 18, right?"
    I told her that no, I'm currently 16 but I had put my age on my application at least twice. One of the other interviewees also said he was 16 and that he'd done the same. The woman kind of tsk-tsk'd at us, and told us that we had to be at least 18 to work at Chipotle, kind of in a way that made me feel like I was somehow supposed to know this, despite my application going through just fine. So, Chipotle serves alcohol, and you have to be 18 to be able to work around it. Then she asked me when I was turning 17. I told her the month and she told me to try and apply after my birthday. Which kind of totally contradicted what she had said beforehand about being 18.
    Anyway, I couldn't finish the interview and I was asked to leave along with the other person. I have been trying to keep a leveled head since but it's a little hard not to feel a little angry. It was a bit unprofessional to ask me to come for an interview, then have me leave after less than 15 minutes. I am admittedly questioning how closely they even looked at my application since, like I said, I put down at least twice that I am under 18. The employees I talked to beforehand were all very nice, but this is still kind of disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • I really only got to answer one question: "Why Chipotle?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

first there was a group interview, get asked a couple of questions and then later on see if you receive an email for a second interview or not. I got an email went in second interview you get showed around and meet crew members, and a small interview about 3-4 questions nothing hard. Then see if you get an email. Haven't received in email for 2 weeks now I really thought I had this job in the bag but if this happens to you don't give up! Chipotle is VERY picky so you have to shine, ask lots of questions and be bubbly!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

The initial interview was a little weird. However all the crew members are very friendly and helpful. The crew interview was great. I got to know my co-workers and was able to relate and interact with all my co-workers well. This is my first job and my interviewer and my co-workers took that into consideration when I was talking to them, and that is something that I liked very much.

Interview Questions
    • What do you expect to take away from this job experience?   View Answer
    N/A

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

Asked basic questions and asked if I knew about Chipotle and it's history and they told me to research it and that they would call me for another interview. Very short process and I am waiting for the next interview.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

I initially applied online to the crew member position. They called me in for an in-person interview at a nearby location. I interviewed with the crew manager, which lasted about 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Elgin, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

After applying online I received a call asking me to come to the location I would be hired at for an interview. My first interview was individual. I met a variety of team members, starting with the hiring managers. They asked about my experience. Whether or not you have experience, the process is to determine if you will be a good fit for the team. If you can come across as personable and energetic you have a good chance at being trained. They are looking for you to display that you are amicable/easy to get along with (the workspace is small) and at the same time that you will respect the employees and customers. As in any interview, they ask about your problem solving skills/experience quite a bit. Afterwards, when I was given time to spend with other crew members, only one of them asked me work related questions. I took the opportunity to be polite and ask the others how long they had worked there and how they liked it. I was asked for a second interview which was with a group. It's important to be polite to the other candidates, but make sure you are able to add something relative to the discussion, even if you have no experience, you can speak from being a customer at any fast food restaurant.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to write down a list of words that described me.   View Answer
    If you can somehow get paid a higher wage than they usually start at, be prepared to earn it or lose it.