Chipotle Interview Questions in Denver, CO

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was asked to do the video interview. There were 5 questions from what I can remember they were: What makes a top performer? How do you handle telling someone something they don't want to hear? Why do you want to work for Chipotle? What interests you most about this position? Tell me about your education / experience (something generic) Within 2 days I was contacted to come in for an in-person interview. I was met by 3 people and was asked why I wanted to work for Chipotle, what I knew about Chipotle and what my educational history was. That was it. I found it odd that a recent college graduate that "had only been there 6 weeks" was part of the interview process. The other person had been there 5 months and the other a few years. Seems like a lot of turn-a-around. Definitely felt like my time was wasted. I answered more questions in the video interview than they asked me in person. A young culture that seems unaware of the corporate hierarchy around them...I don't think anyone with experience would enjoy the inevitable hiccups. An offer wasn't offered. I was thankful.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected. They want you to say you are a hard worker and that anyone has the ability to be a top performer. Pretty typical.   Answer Question

Entry Level Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

First interview was video recorded. Then I got called to do an in person interview in their Denver office with hiring managers. Third round of interviews were with additional hiring managers as well as current employees within the finance department.

Interview Questions

• In what ways could Chipotle improve its business operations?   Answer Question

Real Estate Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO).

Interview

Applied online in June, heard back from them in August. Did an online video interview, and then was asked to come in for a second interview. The second interview was like "speed dating" I met with three people from the finance department to see which position would fit me best (although I only applied for Real Estate Development Coordinator). I was in there for 10 minutes on the dot with each person. They were counting down the minutes the whole time which made me very uncomfortable!

Interview Questions

• Average. I was expecting it to be a little bit more laid back considering all that I heard from Chipotle employees about the work environment.   Answer Question

Leasing and Real Estate Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

After an online interview was contacted for an in person interview several months later. Met with two separate groups of interviewers. One group of interviewers asked questions very aggressively while the other group included questions in a discussion based format. The interview process took a very long time which was very frustrating. Was not contacted with an automatic email two months after the in person interview saying that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions regarding experience and personality   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

After completing their online application, I received a phone call from one of the compliance specialist's within 10 days. The compliance specialist called asking when I would be available to come in for an interview. We set up a time for the following week. Following our phone call, I received an email confirmation with more details about the interview. On the day of the interview, I arrived early, and was met by three compliance specialists. In total I was asked about 4 or 5 questions. Next I was asked if I had any questions for them. I proceeded to ask a few of them. The interview was over within 40 minutes. They said they would be in touch by the end of the week. I received an email within 48 hours stating that I was not going to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were more "people-related" questions than work-product questions. One of the questions asked if there was a time that I noticed someone who was not living up to their potential, and how I handled that situation.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO).

Interview

I had one phone interview with the recruiter. He was super nice, asked questions more to get a sense of the kind of personality I had than to see what I know/can do. Then I had one in person interview with a different recruiter, my entire department and the director. They asked questions about my previous employment, what I like to do in my spare time and how fast I can learn. Lastly, the asked why Chipotle? They wanted to know what about food with integrity appealed to me.

Interview Questions

• They were very blunt about "How much do you want to make?". This was my first 'real' job out of college, so I wasn't prepared to answer that question without seeming greedy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation since it was entry-level.

Financial Analyst - Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Overall a pretty bad interviewing experience. Started off with an invitation to do an online video interview through a service called HireVue after I had sent in an online application about a week earlier. While the questions weren't hard (5 questions), the experience was very awkward since you are not talking to anyone, you are just recording your answers for a question prompted to you. Next I had a skype interview with managers of the team. This was very unprofessional. One of the managers was late, and then from the beginning of the interview, they gave off a sense that they didn't want to be there and the interview wasn't worth their time. One manger stopped talking halfway through and moved off camera (just moved off to the side), another one blatantly showed disinterest. While they may have decided early on in the interview that they were not going to move forward with me (I'm not sure if they did or not), their actions came off as very rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about? What is something your proud of? Why Chipotle? What do you think the biggest problem is that Chipotle faces today.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

Initially through Skype and phone leading to an in person interview. You interview with the whole department you are applying for and they take you through what you would be doing on a hypothetical workday.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online after seeing the job on Indeed.com. Contacted a Chipotle recruiter via Linkedin. Within five days of applying online receive link to do a recorded video interview through a program called HireVue. I had to answer five questions within three minutes. They were standard interview questions. Submitted video on a Monday and on Tuesday received a call to come in for an interview on Thursday. The office is beautiful and everyone dresses in jeans. Another person arrived for an interview at the same time. The "department"of 9 split into two groups and so for 15 minutes I was interviewed by five people and then then was interviewed by the other four coworkers for another 15 minutes. I felt much more comfortable with the second group. I didn't really get to ask many questions about the company. The time goes by very fast. I noticed that no one over 45 seems to work at the corporate office. I was not impressed with some people who interviewed me, very poor handshakes. Others were great interviewers. No one asked to see my resume. It seemed like a place I would want to work, but I don't think my personality was a good fit for some of the team.

Interview Questions

• If you were to explain this position to a stranger what would you tell them?   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

I felt that the team all really enjoyed their jobs but that there was a sense of exclusion. The interview process was 6 current employees (The team) interviewing me. This is intimidating because I felt like there was a sense of exclusion. There was a tone of high school to the group. They explained this by saying that because they work in a team it is important that everyone approve of the new team member. I think that is crazy because I can't think of any situation that I have ever been in where every single person is cooperative and friendly. I was friendly nonetheless, but the structure of the interview struck me as odd. It was about one hour of six different people firing questions at me. I thought that I handled them well, but ultimately they decided that I wasn't a fit for their group.

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of a top performer?   1 Answer