Chipotle

2.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Real Estate Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Chipotle.

Applied online in June, heard back from them in August. Did an online video interview, and then was asked to come in for a second interview. The second interview was like "speed dating" I met with three people from the finance department to see which position would fit me best (although I only applied for Real Estate Development Coordinator). I was in there for 10 minutes on the dot with each person. They were counting down the minutes the whole time which made me very uncomfortable!

Interview Questions
    • Average. I was expecting it to be a little bit more laid back considering all that I heard from Chipotle employees about the work environment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

After completing their online application, I received a phone call from one of the compliance specialist's within 10 days. The compliance specialist called asking when I would be available to come in for an interview. We set up a time for the following week. Following our phone call, I received an email confirmation with more details about the interview. On the day of the interview, I arrived early, and was met by three compliance specialists. In total I was asked about 4 or 5 questions. Next I was asked if I had any questions for them. I proceeded to ask a few of them. The interview was over within 40 minutes. They said they would be in touch by the end of the week. I received an email within 48 hours stating that I was not going to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were more "people-related" questions than work-product questions. One of the questions asked if there was a time that I noticed someone who was not living up to their potential, and how I handled that situation.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

I had one phone interview with the recruiter. He was super nice, asked questions more to get a sense of the kind of personality I had than to see what I know/can do. Then I had one in person interview with a different recruiter, my entire department and the director. They asked questions about my previous employment, what I like to do in my spare time and how fast I can learn. Lastly, the asked why Chipotle? They wanted to know what about food with integrity appealed to me.

Interview Questions
    • They were very blunt about "How much do you want to make?". This was my first 'real' job out of college, so I wasn't prepared to answer that question without seeming greedy.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation since it was entry-level.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chipotle in January 2014.

Initially through Skype and phone leading to an in person interview. You interview with the whole department you are applying for and they take you through what you would be doing on a hypothetical workday.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2013.

Applied online after seeing the job on Indeed.com. Contacted a Chipotle recruiter via Linkedin. Within five days of applying online receive link to do a recorded video interview through a program called HireVue. I had to answer five questions within three minutes. They were standard interview questions. Submitted video on a Monday and on Tuesday received a call to come in for an interview on Thursday.
    The office is beautiful and everyone dresses in jeans. Another person arrived for an interview at the same time. The "department"of 9 split into two groups and so for 15 minutes I was interviewed by five people and then then was interviewed by the other four coworkers for another 15 minutes. I felt much more comfortable with the second group. I didn't really get to ask many questions about the company. The time goes by very fast.
    I noticed that no one over 45 seems to work at the corporate office. I was not impressed with some people who interviewed me, very poor handshakes. Others were great interviewers. No one asked to see my resume.
    It seemed like a place I would want to work, but I don't think my personality was a good fit for some of the team.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to explain this position to a stranger what would you tell them?   Answer Question

Compliance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2013.

I felt that the team all really enjoyed their jobs but that there was a sense of exclusion. The interview process was 6 current employees (The team) interviewing me. This is intimidating because I felt like there was a sense of exclusion. There was a tone of high school to the group. They explained this by saying that because they work in a team it is important that everyone approve of the new team member. I think that is crazy because I can't think of any situation that I have ever been in where every single person is cooperative and friendly. I was friendly nonetheless, but the structure of the interview struck me as odd. It was about one hour of six different people firing questions at me. I thought that I handled them well, but ultimately they decided that I wasn't a fit for their group.

Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

I was contacted by a recruiter and then had an interview with them. Later that day I was sent an email with a link to an online interview. There, they ask you a question, give you 30 seconds to prepare, and then record your answer.

Interview Questions
    • How would a friend describe you and how would your mother describe you?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in April 2013.

The interview process was a bit like speed dating. They put multiple potential employees in separate rooms while their managers move from room to room spending 5 minutes with each applicant. It is a very casual work environment. I am used to working in a business suit everyday and the individuals interviewing me were wearing jeans and sandals. I waited for 30 min with others being interviewed and felt like I had higher quality interaction with my peers than in the actual interview. It seemed very rushed and unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Point out on your resume the biggest contributing factor for why you should get hired here.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in April 2013.

Two interviews, each an hour long. The initial interview was with half of the Compliance team (roughly 4-5 people), and they asked generic questions.

The second interview was with the other half of the team. After asking me what my idea of a top performer was, one of the managers used the interview as an ego-boosting session for himself. He went on a the minute rant, discussing his accomplishments, and assuring me that he (and his team) were all top performers. After leaving the interview, I did not wish to work for him or with him of "top performers".

Interview Questions
    • When asked what a top performer was, I mentioned that it was a person who added an element of fun to the work environment. The hiring manager told me that if they wanted to have someone fun in the office - they would hire a comedian.   View Answers (2)

Employee Service Center Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in April 2013.

The first interview was with the manager and then other employees in the same position I was applying. The second interview was with other people from the HR dept and then the director of the HR department. They don't ask you a lot of work experience questions, they more want to know what kind of person you are and if you will fit in with their people culture. Just be yourself and dress very casual, they don't like formal wear because the office is very relaxed. The one thing I didn't like is the job was a contract position and they made it seem like after 90 days you would be hired on full time, which didn't happen. Most people on not hired on until at least 6-8 months, sometimes more.

Interview Questions
    • They don't ask technical questions-it's more of a character interview, if you are out-going, personable, fun to be around.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation-it was a contract position.