Chipotle

2.5

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

Applied online and quickly recieved a reply with a link to an online interview. Very simple, basic question. You have 2 minutes to answer each question but 30 seconds before to consider your response. No do overs! Would have preferred an actual in person interview.

Interview Questions
  • List in order the most important thing:

Customers, sales, employees

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

General Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Chipotle.

Four interviews and working the AGM position for over a year to "prove" that you can do the job. Very difficult interview overall. More of acting the position of GM first and then going over how you were going to become an RT or turn the store around. Lots of pressure on performance.

Interview Questions
    • At a different restaurant than your home restaurant; spend 30 minutes observing and then diagnose why the restaurant is not yet restauranteur.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation allowed; college degree was more of a disadvantage (superiors felt intimidated?) than an advantage, which was disappointing.

General Manager Interview

I went online to apply for the job. I got a call from HR to schedule an interview. The process is pretty quick. The first one was a phone interview and a few days later, I got a phone call for a face-to-face interview.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

I had four interviews consisting of a video interview, phone Interview and 2 face to face interviews with different area managers. In the end I was not offered a position. I am fine with Chipotle's decision to not proceed with the hiring process, but I think that after going through four interviews an email explaining their decision would have been appropriate. I had to check my status online in order to get an update and still didn't receive a response after I emailed the recruiter asking for feedback as to what I could have done better. During the recruiting process Chipotle praised themselves as being very 'laid back'. I think after looking at the situation as a whole some of that transcends to unprofessionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Do you include members of your team in daily decisions.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

I had 3 interviews. Video, phone, in person. All communication was done through email. In person interview was with 3 people in a relaxed setting. I prepared very well for these interviews and did quite well. However, none of my preparation and qualifications mattered. Nor did it matter how I answered. Chipotle isn't looking for the best candidate to lead one of their restaurants. They're looking for someone that's young, hip, and cool. This is the reason for their high turn over rate. They have no leadership in their resturaunts.

Interview Questions
    • None, but I'm also a hiring manager so I was prepared.   View Answer

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

There are many interviews, they focus in experience and to see if you are a good fir for their culture they want to see a upbeat personality so drink a red bull before you go.
    They like to see high level of energy and flexible schedule to work those long hours

Interview Questions
    • They have you run a shift with a training store and see your performance   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle in February 2014.

Submitted a resume and was contacted about doing an online interview, in which you are recorded on your computer. I will say it is a good idea even though I did not get the job but I still would have liked to get in front of a real person. I am sure it allows them to accept more people for the interview process

Interview Questions
    • Questions are normal interview questions nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle in July 2011.

Applied to ad FOR Store Mgrs.Given interview @Job Fair. Told AT interview "NOBODY'S hired INTO Mgmt." Bait & Switch offer of $8.50hr to 'work way up ladder'.NO gauruntees,NOT even a fasttrack program. Not ONE word of this disclosed upfront. As a GM of 20years I felt the whole thing was unprofessional.

* I cut the interview short and explained that I would take my 20 years of Restaurant Management experience to someone who was looking to run an HONEST ad, conduct a LEGITIMATE interview for such a position and consider my credentials appropriatley. Not smart to leave a $45-50k career for an $8.50 hour "OPPURTUNITY". Company is rated as having GREAT pay & perks for Management but I don't think I would ever work for a company who engaged in such misleading recruitment practices 'just' to get you in the door to begin with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in February 2010.

Really enjoyed interviewing with the Regional Manager. He was specific but enjoyable to interview with. Would much rather have him as a direct boss than who currently is my boss.

Interview Questions
    Didn't really have a choice, should definately offer more for GM role.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in February 2009.

Interview process was extremely unprofessional. After 2 in store interviewsi was asked to Merry at a deli to discuss options. The area manager couldn't give me any definitive answers. Everything was kind of up in the air. I had 6 years management experience going into this interview and was told that I had to start as a crew member but not to worry because turnover was high so I would move up quickly.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiations.