Chipotle

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I had four interviews consisting of a video interview, phone Interview and 2 face to face interviews with different area managers. In the end I was not offered a position. I am fine with Chipotle's decision to not proceed with the hiring process, but I think that after going through four interviews an email explaining their decision would have been appropriate. I had to check my status online in order to get an update and still didn't receive a response after I emailed the recruiter asking for feedback as to what I could have done better. During the recruiting process Chipotle praised themselves as being very 'laid back'. I think after looking at the situation as a whole some of that transcends to unprofessionalism.

Interview Question – Do you include members of your team in daily decisions.   View Answer

Asheville, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in February 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume and was contacted about doing an online interview, in which you are recorded on your computer. I will say it is a good idea even though I did not get the job but I still would have liked to get in front of a real person. I am sure it allows them to accept more people for the interview process

Interview Question – Questions are normal interview questions nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I had 3 interviews. Video, phone, in person. All communication was done through email. In person interview was with 3 people in a relaxed setting. I prepared very well for these interviews and did quite well. However, none of my preparation and qualifications mattered. Nor did it matter how I answered. Chipotle isn't looking for the best candidate to lead one of their restaurants. They're looking for someone that's young, hip, and cool. This is the reason for their high turn over rate. They have no leadership in their resturaunts.

Interview Question – None, but I'm also a hiring manager so I was prepared.   View Answer

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – There are many interviews, they focus in experience and to see if you are a good fir for their culture they want to see a upbeat personality so drink a red bull before you go.
They like to see high level of energy and flexible schedule to work those long hours

Interview Question – They have you run a shift with a training store and see your performance   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was extremely unprofessional. After 2 in store interviewsi was asked to Merry at a deli to discuss options. The area manager couldn't give me any definitive answers. Everything was kind of up in the air. I had 6 years management experience going into this interview and was told that I had to start as a crew member but not to worry because turnover was high so I would move up quickly.

Interview Question – Couldn't give me a straight answer about salary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiations.

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied to ad FOR Store Mgrs.Given interview @Job Fair. Told AT interview "NOBODY'S hired INTO Mgmt." Bait & Switch offer of $8.50hr to 'work way up ladder'.NO gauruntees,NOT even a fasttrack program. Not ONE word of this disclosed upfront. As a GM of 20years I felt the whole thing was unprofessional.

Reason for Declining – * I cut the interview short and explained that I would take my 20 years of Restaurant Management experience to someone who was looking to run an HONEST ad, conduct a LEGITIMATE interview for such a position and consider my credentials appropriatley. Not smart to leave a $45-50k career for an $8.50 hour "OPPURTUNITY". Company is rated as having GREAT pay & perks for Management but I don't think I would ever work for a company who engaged in such misleading recruitment practices 'just' to get you in the door to begin with.

Huntington Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in February 2010.

Interview Details – Really enjoyed interviewing with the Regional Manager. He was specific but enjoyable to interview with. Would much rather have him as a direct boss than who currently is my boss.

Interview Question – do not remember- was more as a conversation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't really have a choice, should definately offer more for GM role.

General Manager

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2008.

Interview Details – There was a three person panel with questions about my past experiences and behavioral questions (what I had done/would do in certain sample situations.) I passed, and then was asked to complete an In-store experience (ISE) at a restaurant to see if they liked my performance and social skills. I am very outgoing, and have quite a bit of experience in different places, so it was very easy to be useful and comfortable right away. If that doesn't come easy to you, just do your best.

Negotiation Details – Raises are not reliable, so don't go in low thinking you will be bumped up. The GM pay is lower than most GM positions. I took a huge pay decrease to go from a GM position where I was working 60+ hours regularly to go a position that was supposed to be 45 hours regularly. 50 hours was the norm, and then changed to the requirement.

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!