Chipotle

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.3

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

Applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later. Interview took place at a hotel. I arrived early and the interview was quick. I was interviewed by two people who told me they would contact me in the next 48 hours. Never did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

The interviews were all very brief, four in total. First I just met for a few minutes with the GM to set up another appointment. Next talked to the other crew members with a few other potential hires about why Chipotle, etc. Last was an individual interview with the crew. Overall very relaxed and informal.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

Well I applied for chipotle on Saturday night and got a call 2 days later for an interview, I got there 10 minutes early and as I waited I noticed other people coming In and I realized it was going to be a group interview which was cool with me, when the general manager came out she had us all sit together and then she started asking us questions I said I was 17 and then she immediately told me I had to be 18 which kinda ticked me off because I had drove 20 mins away and I had put that I was under 18 at least twice on the application, so then she asked me to leave and I did, it was very unprofessional of them to not at least make sure I was in the age range.

Apprentice General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

Process took a few days, hired on the spot. As long as you do some basic research on Chipotle's background and history, you're almost guaranteed the job. I use to be in charge of the hiring process. As long as you keep your composure, speak confidently and passionately, and give good reason for why you want to work at Chipotle, you'll most likely be hired. One of Chipotle's mottos is that they are always hiring, and should be hiring at least 1 new worker per week.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions:
      Why Chipotle?
      Tell me what you know about Chipotle?
      Favorite food?
      Background on Chipotle
        View Answer
    negotiated to $10/hr from $9/hr

Apprentice Manager Interview

Chipotle's hiring process is structured for future leaders. They have an excellent system, that is executed by looking for specific characteristics! Every person is usually interviewed by the crew members first, to give them experience on what Chipotle is looking for, and to gain their confidence in a new hire. After interviewing with them, they are interviewed by a manager to help make a final decision. This also allows the managers to connect and develop our crew into making the best choices for the company!

When they are interviewing, they are looking for an outgoing personality! Someone that is positive and motivated, driven to go above and beyond. A people person that is easy to connect with and make someone smile, someone that gives a beginning and especially lasting hospitable impression! A new hire, is already thought out to be our next leader, someone that is enthusiastic, and encouraging all of the time. They must be willing to learn, be constructive and also susceptible to change! Having experience is great but not necessary, we are looking for aspects that show you can be developed into a great manager one day!

If you are hired, they introduce you to the team that is working that day!

Interview Questions
    • What would other people say about you if they had to describe you?   Answer Question
    Think about your skills and knowledge that would enlighten someone interviewing you. You should make them smile and confident in wanting to bring you into their developing process. The more mature you possess, the more you can negotiate and progress with in the team!

Real Estate Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Chipotle.

Applied online in June, heard back from them in August. Did an online video interview, and then was asked to come in for a second interview. The second interview was like "speed dating" I met with three people from the finance department to see which position would fit me best (although I only applied for Real Estate Development Coordinator). I was in there for 10 minutes on the dot with each person. They were counting down the minutes the whole time which made me very uncomfortable!

Interview Questions
    • Average. I was expecting it to be a little bit more laid back considering all that I heard from Chipotle employees about the work environment.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

Applied online. Got a notification for an interview about a week or so after sending the application in online. It was a group interview with two other people. Most of the questions were to see if we were a good fit for the company and work environment. Typical interview questions such as why do you want to work here. Study up on some of the company's history.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an animal, what kind of animal would you be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queen Creek, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queen Creek, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I applied on a Thursday; that Friday I got a call saying they wanted me to come in for an interview on Tuesday (today). Beforehand I just did a little research on the history of Chipotle and what they're "about". On the day of the interview I got there about 10 minutes early; they gave me a soda and told me I'd be interviewed in the dining area, where another guy was sitting. Before the interview, two more people came in so it became clear that it'd be a group interview, which I was fine with.
    The interviewer turned out to be the same woman who had called me about setting up and interview a few days earlier (and I assume she also called the other three?). She asked maybe two questions before she said, "Oops, almost forgot, you're all over 18, right?"
    I told her that no, I'm currently 16 but I had put my age on my application at least twice. One of the other interviewees also said he was 16 and that he'd done the same. The woman kind of tsk-tsk'd at us, and told us that we had to be at least 18 to work at Chipotle, kind of in a way that made me feel like I was somehow supposed to know this, despite my application going through just fine. So, Chipotle serves alcohol, and you have to be 18 to be able to work around it. Then she asked me when I was turning 17. I told her the month and she told me to try and apply after my birthday. Which kind of totally contradicted what she had said beforehand about being 18.
    Anyway, I couldn't finish the interview and I was asked to leave along with the other person. I have been trying to keep a leveled head since but it's a little hard not to feel a little angry. It was a bit unprofessional to ask me to come for an interview, then have me leave after less than 15 minutes. I am admittedly questioning how closely they even looked at my application since, like I said, I put down at least twice that I am under 18. The employees I talked to beforehand were all very nice, but this is still kind of disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • I really only got to answer one question: "Why Chipotle?"   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I was contacted via e-mail. I was told to go in anytime for 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. I decided to arrive at 9:50 or so just to be early. When I arrived there was a gentleman who opened the door, and I thought he was going to interview me, but then two other people arrived. So they were going to interview four people separately. I was the second person to be interviewed, after the interview I was offered a job and I took it of course.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikesville, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pikesville, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in November 2014.

I applied on a Thursday and got an email about a job fair for the following Monday. I came Monday at 3 and it was a group interview. It was several other people. There was a notepad going around and we wrote our name, number, and email on it. I was prepared and gave clear answers. I was the only person who knew about the mission statement and the history about chipotle. My availability was pretty open I guess that was not enough for them. She said we would be notified in 24 hours via email if we got the job or not.