Chipotle Interview Questions

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

2.3

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

Applied online. Got a notification for an interview about a week or so after sending the application in online. It was a group interview with two other people. Most of the questions were to see if we were a good fit for the company and work environment. Typical interview questions such as why do you want to work here. Study up on some of the company's history.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an animal, what kind of animal would you be and why?   Answer Question

Chipotle Crew Membe Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

Group interveiw. wrote our names and number on a piece of paper, she asked five simple interveiw questions. I was the only one who knew history of the company and asked questions trying to be engaged in conversation. I was being very positive and "upbeat". She said she would check our application for availability, and we would get a call if we got it and a email if we didn't get it. I was emailed 3 hours later that I didn't get the job. I'm only 16 and I'm assuming it's because I'm not available enough. So just make sure you have a good attitude and be very available.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about chipotle?
      How would your friends describe you in on word?
        View Answer

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

I initially applied online to the crew member position. They called me in for an in-person interview at a nearby location. I interviewed with the crew manager, which lasted about 15 minutes.

Hourly Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle.

Basically I got an interview for a job fair the next day. I went and they were on time and very nice. They smiled with me and had me confident that I was gonna get the job but the next day i got an email saying i did not receive the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Elgin, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

After applying online I received a call asking me to come to the location I would be hired at for an interview. My first interview was individual. I met a variety of team members, starting with the hiring managers. They asked about my experience. Whether or not you have experience, the process is to determine if you will be a good fit for the team. If you can come across as personable and energetic you have a good chance at being trained. They are looking for you to display that you are amicable/easy to get along with (the workspace is small) and at the same time that you will respect the employees and customers. As in any interview, they ask about your problem solving skills/experience quite a bit. Afterwards, when I was given time to spend with other crew members, only one of them asked me work related questions. I took the opportunity to be polite and ask the others how long they had worked there and how they liked it. I was asked for a second interview which was with a group. It's important to be polite to the other candidates, but make sure you are able to add something relative to the discussion, even if you have no experience, you can speak from being a customer at any fast food restaurant.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to write down a list of words that described me.   View Answer
    If you can somehow get paid a higher wage than they usually start at, be prepared to earn it or lose it.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

Applied online and got an email offer for a job fair. Came in for the job fair, there was about 6 other people and we had a group interview. Questions were like "Why should we choose you?" "What do you like to do in your spare time?" "Where is your favorite place to be and why?" "Where will you never work at and why?" "What makes you happy?"

District Manager - Toronto Interview

They contacted me asking me to do a video interview, so I spent the morning researching the company, policies, past questions etc.

The video interview consisted of only 3 questions, none of which related to the company.

They emailed me almost a month later saying that my experience and qualifications weren't appropriate fur the position - if this was the case then why o why did you waste my time with this stupid video interview???

Interview Questions
    • Would you be prepared to relocate, and if so where to?   Answer Question

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

I filled out an online application and received a call a few days later to come in for an interview. My first interview got rescheduled, but then I had two more after that. They called me the night of my second interview and offered me the job. I was interviewed by all managers, and they have a list of questions they go by.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know about our mission here at Chipotle?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

I received an email for an interview and a week after that interview I called to follow up. The general manager said she forgot to call me but wanted to do a second interview so I went. A week after that interview I called to follow up again and received yet another interview, all by different managers. At the end of the third interview they told me that the final interview would be by the general manager and that I should receive a call back later today or tomorrow. After three days I decided to follow up myself, yet again, and received the response of "Oh I forgot to ask the other manager about you call back at 4". I call back and am told that the general manager had just left and that my message would be relayed to her and that she would get back to me later today or the next morning. I found it highly unprofessional and a huge bother. I won't be following up anymore even though I really wanted to work there. I don't really understand why four interviews is required to wrap burritos part-time, and then being put off like that.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, all interviews lasted less than 10 minutes and were very easy.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

After applying online you will receive an email specifying that the manager wants to meet with you or does not want to meet with you. At that time you will come in have one interview with an apprentice (assistant GM), Service Manager or Kitchen Manager followed by an interview with the GM and lastly a "crew interview" where you meet the crew. If management and the crew like you then you will be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • If you are given a difficult project how do you handle it in a team setting?   Answer Question