Chipotle Interview Questions & Reviews

506 interviews

2.3

Anonymous Employee  in  Modesto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

I applied online and was emailed about an upcoming 'job fair'. It was basically just a group Interview. There were 15 of us in total so we broke up into 2 groups.

Team Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

So I applied to be a Part-Time Team Crew Member and a few days after I applied I received an email that told me when and where my interview would take place and to only email back if I couldn't make it. I showed up about fifteen minutes early and had to wait for about ten minutes while they waited for an interviewer to show up. I was interviewed by two men who were very friendly. I brought a few copies of my resume, cover letter, and references with me which was good because they didn't have copies. The interview was very chill. They asked why I wanted to work there, why I liked the company, and my long term goals. Then they told me a bit about their company and asked how and why I think I would fit in with it. I asked my questions and they told me more about the company and then told me they would contact me later that day to let me know if I would get a second interview. They called me maybe an hour later to offer me a full time position but not at the location I applied but not too far away either. I already had a part time job but he gave me an offer above what I was being paid there so I took the job. The next day I met with the team who were extremely friendly. The manager showed me around and I got to ask questions of the team. So basically it took one interview to get the job but meeting the rest of the crew was also very important. All in all a great experience and Chipotle really seems to invest their time in you to make you better.

Interview Questions
    • After he told me about Chipotle and it's ideals and work goals and he asked me how and why I think I would fit in with it. Why I want to work there, my long term goals, and would I be willing to work at a different location but still close to where I was.   Answer Question
    I told them that I would accept anything but he said I shouldn't sell myself short and offered me $9.00 an hour for part time and offered me $9.50 an hour if I would quit my other job and it sounded like if I had wanted more I maybe could have got it. They said they would do whatever it takes to get me to stay.

Anonymous Employee  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Got contacted 2 days after applying online. They ask you what you know about the company and the owner, so do a little research beforehand. They also ask if you have had previous restaurant experience. They tell you about their philosophy and the 13 characteristics that they are looking for in every employee.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chico, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I applied for Chipotle and received a response via email within a week requesting an interview. There were 5 of us. After researching what to expect from Chipotle interviews, I was expecting a bunch of questions about the company. Rather, the interviewer stood up in front of us and asked us all to tell him about ourselves. Each time someone was talking, he seemed impatient and it made me feel rushed in my answers. He then told us all about Chipotle. I sat and listened to him recite everything I had read online and was prepared to answer to him. In total, he maybe asked us 4 questions. At the end he said, "Well, if that's it, I have another group coming in to interview now." and pretty much rushed us out the door. I didn't expect a call back, nor do I expect anyone else in my group to receive one. My interview was at 8:30am and I received an email at 11:30am telling me I did not receive the job. After sitting through that interview, I am not disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of the best customer service you have ever received.   Answer Question

Marketing Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

The interview is recorded and you send in your submission. The video is reviewed by a third party company and they determine whether your qualities meet the criteria of chipotle. The video is not interactive; you are given 30 seconds to review the interview question, and two minutes to respond. The timer is in the corner and you are looking at yourself in your camera while the video interview is recorded. VERY intimidating. The most frustrating part is because it is a video submission, you never know if your video interview is even looked at. Terrible way to interview!

Food Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New Braunfels, TX
    Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

This was the most innovative interview I have ever had! I thought I was going to be spoken to by a manager but it was actually the entire team of the restaurant. It was incredible and pretty darn cool. They said the reason for this would be that the manager inst really the person that will be working along side of me which is a really good point. So they came out in two's. And they introduced themselves and their positions and then asked me questions! It was quite unique.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult was asked of me. It was a rather long interview. I had 12 people that came out to speak to me.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Usually you get a email back within 2 days after applying. Then you meet with 2-3 crew members for the first interview. Then if you get a call back you meet with the managers of the Restaurant

Crew Member Interview

I applied online and was contacted about a job fair. I went to the job fair and was interviewed by the kitchen manager in a group of 4. It was an easy interview, just went in a line to answer all the questions. I was called the same day for a second interview. The next day I came in for the interview and it was 4 of us from the job fair. The apprentice manager guy showed us a video and talked about what an employee at Chipotle should have. He gave us each a paper with three essay questions on it and told us to bring it in when we finish it. I brought it in the next day and was told I would be called. Two days later I got a call for a "crew interview" and when I arrived it was me and the girl from the second interview. We talked to the crew for about 45 minutes then left and once again was told we would be called. Two days later, I went into chipotle to eat and one of the girls recognized me from the crew interview and asked if I wanted to speak to the GM. I did and he asked if I would be part time or full time and then I got offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work her" "what would your best friend say about you" "what do you know about Chipotle" Just know a bit about Food With Integrity   Answer Question
    8.50 /hr

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

First off this was a waste of time because I've been through 3 interviews... all of this to wrap a damn burrito? they ask you the same questions over and over again then you gotta wait for a email or a call back. I'll never waste my money there again! especially traveling to the city wasting my damn money. When they call and tell you a group interview, its just you by your self BTW.

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

I filled out an application online, and within a few days, I got a call and schedule my interview date, the next day. I interviewed with the the assistant manager, she asked pretty basic questions, mostly about myself and job experience (which I had none), and she said she would called me about another interview. Later on that day I got a another call for my 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was with a crew member and pretty much asked me the same questions as the first. I got another call later that day for a 3rd and final interview with the general manger where she just ask my availability and salary, and why I wanted to work there and at the end she said she was going to call me and tell when I would cone in for orientation.

Interview Questions

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!