Chipotle

2.3

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle.

I applied and about 2 weeks I got a call saying that I was invited to attend open interviews during a set time (unfortunately I didn't have a miss some school). I decided to show at the earliest time possible. The interview was pretty quick and I was hired on the spot. Questions are basic and easy to answer. The manager did verify my age (must be 18+) before she started. Overall it was the quickest and most comfortable interview I've ever done.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in December 2014.

Very, very, very easy. Apply online. Get an email a day later saying come in at 9:30 AM, during school, so I called them to change. Manager said "Sure, come in at 4:30 tomorrow". I came in. Never got a call back. I called them, the manager said "Come in for your second interview at 4:15 today." I went there, and the interviewer said I'd get an email. Never got an email. Called them again. They said "Come in for your third interview tomorrow at 3:30." I went there and I was greeted by the manager that said "You have to be 18 to work here." This inidcates that they NEVER TOOK A LOOK AT MY APPLICATION. They wasted my time, and after that, the manager had the guts to ask me if I wanted food, on them.

TOS/Crew Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

There was a hiring interview with crew members and they asked basic questions. Had a chance to explain why I wanted to join the team, talk about my experiences, and my goals.

Interview Questions
    • Learning the necessary skills you need in the kitchen and how to deal with different leadership styles.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in December 2014.

Went for interview today 12/3/14 around 4pm, was told afterwards to come in for second interview on any day. Received an email around 8pm saying they reviewed my app and based on my qualifications I wasn't offered a job offer. .. But, the lady told me to come in for another interview, any day between 3pm and 4pm. I am CONFUSED!!

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in December 2014.

Applied online and it only took 5 days e-mailing me that they want to interview me. I got there 10 minutes early from the time that I was asked to be there and met 4 other people. The manager was 10-15 minutes late before doing a group interview. He basically told us what Chipotle as a company is, what their job is and more about working for Chipotle. At the end, he told us that he will contact us by e-mail or call us if we're going to get a second interview and get closer to being hired in Chipotle.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you?
      If you could be any character from any movie, who would it be and why?
      What do you know about Chipotle?
      What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

Applied online and was contacted a couple of weeks later. Interview took place at a hotel. I arrived early and the interview was quick. I was interviewed by two people who told me they would contact me in the next 48 hours. Never did.

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

The interviews were all very brief, four in total. First I just met for a few minutes with the GM to set up another appointment. Next talked to the other crew members with a few other potential hires about why Chipotle, etc. Last was an individual interview with the crew. Overall very relaxed and informal.

Apprentice General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

Process took a few days, hired on the spot. As long as you do some basic research on Chipotle's background and history, you're almost guaranteed the job. I use to be in charge of the hiring process. As long as you keep your composure, speak confidently and passionately, and give good reason for why you want to work at Chipotle, you'll most likely be hired. One of Chipotle's mottos is that they are always hiring, and should be hiring at least 1 new worker per week.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions:
      Why Chipotle?
      Tell me what you know about Chipotle?
      Favorite food?
      Background on Chipotle

View Answer
    negotiated to $10/hr from $9/hr

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

Well I applied for chipotle on Saturday night and got a call 2 days later for an interview, I got there 10 minutes early and as I waited I noticed other people coming In and I realized it was going to be a group interview which was cool with me, when the general manager came out she had us all sit together and then she started asking us questions I said I was 17 and then she immediately told me I had to be 18 which kinda ticked me off because I had drove 20 mins away and I had put that I was under 18 at least twice on the application, so then she asked me to leave and I did, it was very unprofessional of them to not at least make sure I was in the age range.

Apprentice Manager Interview

Chipotle's hiring process is structured for future leaders. They have an excellent system, that is executed by looking for specific characteristics! Every person is usually interviewed by the crew members first, to give them experience on what Chipotle is looking for, and to gain their confidence in a new hire. After interviewing with them, they are interviewed by a manager to help make a final decision. This also allows the managers to connect and develop our crew into making the best choices for the company!

When they are interviewing, they are looking for an outgoing personality! Someone that is positive and motivated, driven to go above and beyond. A people person that is easy to connect with and make someone smile, someone that gives a beginning and especially lasting hospitable impression! A new hire, is already thought out to be our next leader, someone that is enthusiastic, and encouraging all of the time. They must be willing to learn, be constructive and also susceptible to change! Having experience is great but not necessary, we are looking for aspects that show you can be developed into a great manager one day!

If you are hired, they introduce you to the team that is working that day!

Interview Questions
    • What would other people say about you if they had to describe you?   Answer Question
    Think about your skills and knowledge that would enlighten someone interviewing you. You should make them smile and confident in wanting to bring you into their developing process. The more mature you possess, the more you can negotiate and progress with in the team!