Chipotle

Relevance Date Difficulty

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Glendale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2014.

Interview Details – I mean it was a waste of time and gas money to be honest. Also, it's not hard to get an interview at all, they'll interview just about anyone. The problem is, chipotle does not look at the applications until after the interview process (which is stupid) I've applied to like 10 locations, it was the same thing: group interview, waste of time, plus the manager doesn't interview you until like 30 minutes after you were scheduled to come in. Heck, half the time you don't even get interviews by the manager, just a team member. One particular location I went through a four interview process, the 1st was one on one while the other 3 were group interviews. (Which I can't stand, they'll never tell you that before, so when you think they're really interested in you, I hate to say it but not really. Like I said they just interview anyone without looking at the apps first) I was professional at all times, they were interested in everything I said, I studied the history of the company like I would for my history test and I got all questions they asked reguarding the history correct. During the 4 interviews I was interviewed by all crew members and team members, and was given a tour of the kitchen along with a video tour, just to get an email a week later that I was not going to be given an offer, like really? I found out they didn't look at my app until after those 4 interviews, and I couldn't work full time since I was I'm high school at the time. I think you should really think before you take interest in working there, because chipotle will put you through so much just to decline you later. And 4 interviews I think it's a little extreme for just a fast food restuaraunt making 8 bucks an hour. Most restaurants (including fine in) will put you through 2 maximum. 4 interviews is something you'd go through with like a big company corporation where you'd wear a suite and tie. So yeah waste if time, I'll never apply their again. Makes me so angry, I was a loyal costumer to chipotle, but after this, it makes me not wanna eat their anymore.

Interview Question – Who is Steve ells? (Owner and founder of chipotle. Opened the 1st restuaraunt I'm Columbus Ohio in 1993)   View Answer

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online to Chipotle on a Thursday, and got a call the following Monday to schedule an interview. I arrived at my interview 15 minutes early. I let the staff know why I was there, and they were very kind. They directed me to sit down, and let me get a drink. I ended up waiting about a half hour for my interviewer to come. The manager was still unavailable at this point, so I was interviewed by the shift supervisor. He was very nice, and we interviewed in the outside eating area. The questions were easy, and it was all very relaxed. I was told that I would be contacted within a week, but never was.

Interview Questions

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – Application process was quick! Within a few days I received an email stating they would like to meet with me. I applied to three different locations, and each was a group interview. Don't know what it is they're looking for, but I guess hard working and energetic isn't what they want.

Interview Questions

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Phone call from "john" 3 weeks later asking to come in for an interview 2 days later. "john" was not there, two different interviewers instead. It was a group interview, a total of 3 girls (including me) and all the same race. Not that it matters but was noticeable. "John" called me the next night , literally almost 9pm, asking for a second interview because my first one was amazing,he said. Went in the next day and noticed 2 other girls, same race again but different girls (hmm..), waiting for their second interview as well. There was one under dressed mexican as well. I was called in first (individual interview), and "john" was there this time with one of the previous interviewers.. they kept asking me about college, I was willing to work full time or part time, basically work around schooling, however, I made it clear it was still my priority to get my BA(I only had 2more years to go, why stop). They asked other questions, seemed enthused and impressed with my answers, a couple laughs, and was told to expect a call on Monday (it was thursday). I got an automated email 2 hours after that interview that I was not offered a position lol. It seemed sketchy from the beginning. If they want a crew of non experienced puppets, no match here.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

Cashier and Crew Member
Chicago Heights, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was a waste of time!
I did a lot of research on Chipotle
My interview went great! Every question he asked me about Chipolte I had it correct. I'm very bubbly and friendly and I know he saw that in me. I can tell I fascinate him with my Info.
So why didn't I get it?
In my OPINION I feel like if you wasn't Mexican, you wasn't getting it.
And they reason I say this is because at the place I apply to only had nothing but Mexicans working there, not saying every Chipotle have nothing but Mexicans working there but where I'm from, they do. (Nothings Wrong With That... I'm not racist.)

Interview Question – Asked questions about the company   Answer Question

Kitchen Prep Interview

Kitchen Prep
Gainesville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process is straightforward and not difficult. This particular location looks for college student for their late shift and "locals" for their upper management and earlier shift. Fill out paper application and got a call the same day, schedule interview for the next. Interview was short and easy going, resulting in offer on the spot. They require a background check and drug test.

Interview Question – The classics: Why would you like to work here? What do you bring into the company?...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Crew Member

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – I put in an application online and abojt a week or two later they called me about a group interview the following Tuesday. At my group interview, there as only one other person there and we were interviewed by two employees (I think one was the apprentice or something). They were both really friendly and my advice would be just to stay bubbly and interact with them, the other guy I was being interviewed with wasn't that bubbly but whatever. They told me they would call me back about a second interview by the end of the day and when I didn't get a call back, I ended up calling them myself the next day. To which, they set me up for a second interview saying, "hopefully this will be the last one." I went to the interview and the guy who I was initially interviewed with was there as well - so I guess he got it even though he was super boring and not that engaging but he had 4 years of kitchen experience. They say you don't need experience, but it's obviously not the full truth. I think without experience you have to rely on your personality and friendliness, with experience just stick to your facts. Anyways, during the second interview we met with the restaurant manager and he just talked to us about chipotle and blah blah whatever. He was sort of rude because when he asked abojt is, I told him I was studying to get my masters in social work, he just went on this spiel of how why would you waste time and money when you could come to chipotle and become a manager and help people here. Like ok, that's great but I have other plans with my life. Does everyone need to be in this business? It was just kind of really rude. Next, he gave us a tour of the kitchen, we met some crew members, and then he individually interviewed us. I was second because the other guy had arrived before me. It wasn't much of an interview as it was repeating my availability to him and whether I was looking for part time or full time work. Then bam - he said the apprentice who first interviewed me wanted to hire me so I would be hired. The guy I was interviewed with was also hired as well.

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I have no experience so there was no negotiation.

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I had four interviews consisting of a video interview, phone Interview and 2 face to face interviews with different area managers. In the end I was not offered a position. I am fine with Chipotle's decision to not proceed with the hiring process, but I think that after going through four interviews an email explaining their decision would have been appropriate. I had to check my status online in order to get an update and still didn't receive a response after I emailed the recruiter asking for feedback as to what I could have done better. During the recruiting process Chipotle praised themselves as being very 'laid back'. I think after looking at the situation as a whole some of that transcends to unprofessionalism.

Interview Question – Do you include members of your team in daily decisions.   View Answer

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – WORST interview experience I've had. The manager was basically a teenager, and spent a good amount of the interview period joking with a coworker rather than getting to know the interviewees. It was a group interview; 4 people plus myself. The manager asked us what our "story" was, i.e job history/current situation (a very vague question). He then asked us what we knew about the company, calming everyone's nerves with saying he himself knew nothing about Chipotle prior to his employment. I knew what I needed to know,(basically know who Steve Ells is and what food with integrity means) in fact I was the only person in my group who knew anything about Chipotle. After that, he gave us a brief lecture on Chipotle's values and whatnot, and then basically said the interview was over. What??? Two short, vague questions and that's it? He told us we'd be contacted within 48 hours if we had qualified for a 2nd out of 3 interviews, one of which would be meeting the staff (and i they didn't "approve," he said, no matter what the managers thought you'd be gone) and sent us home. If the interview had been a normal one on one interview, I doubt it would have even lasted 10 minutes. A complete waste of time. And 3 interviews to see if you qualify to make burritos all day?? Honestly

Interview Question – What do you know about Chipotle   View Answer

Crew Member

I applied online and interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – Overall pretty easy interview. I actually went to two interviews and both asked the same questions, like why chipotle? How would your friends describe you in three words? One of the interviews was a one on one because I called in that I could not make it to the date they had originally scheduled me for, and the manager was nice.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult at all. Well one that I was not expecting was, give me one reason I shouldn't hire you.   Answer Question

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!