Chipotle Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.3

Hourly Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle.

Basically I got an interview for a job fair the next day. I went and they were on time and very nice. They smiled with me and had me confident that I was gonna get the job but the next day i got an email saying i did not receive the job.

District Manager - Toronto Interview

They contacted me asking me to do a video interview, so I spent the morning researching the company, policies, past questions etc.

The video interview consisted of only 3 questions, none of which related to the company.

They emailed me almost a month later saying that my experience and qualifications weren't appropriate fur the position - if this was the case then why o why did you waste my time with this stupid video interview???

Interview Questions
    • Would you be prepared to relocate, and if so where to?   Answer Question

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

I filled out an online application and received a call a few days later to come in for an interview. My first interview got rescheduled, but then I had two more after that. They called me the night of my second interview and offered me the job. I was interviewed by all managers, and they have a list of questions they go by.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know about our mission here at Chipotle?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

I received an email for an interview and a week after that interview I called to follow up. The general manager said she forgot to call me but wanted to do a second interview so I went. A week after that interview I called to follow up again and received yet another interview, all by different managers. At the end of the third interview they told me that the final interview would be by the general manager and that I should receive a call back later today or tomorrow. After three days I decided to follow up myself, yet again, and received the response of "Oh I forgot to ask the other manager about you call back at 4". I call back and am told that the general manager had just left and that my message would be relayed to her and that she would get back to me later today or the next morning. I found it highly unprofessional and a huge bother. I won't be following up anymore even though I really wanted to work there. I don't really understand why four interviews is required to wrap burritos part-time, and then being put off like that.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, all interviews lasted less than 10 minutes and were very easy.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

Applied online and got an email offer for a job fair. Came in for the job fair, there was about 6 other people and we had a group interview. Questions were like "Why should we choose you?" "What do you like to do in your spare time?" "Where is your favorite place to be and why?" "Where will you never work at and why?" "What makes you happy?"

Crew Member Interview

After applying online you will receive an email specifying that the manager wants to meet with you or does not want to meet with you. At that time you will come in have one interview with an apprentice (assistant GM), Service Manager or Kitchen Manager followed by an interview with the GM and lastly a "crew interview" where you meet the crew. If management and the crew like you then you will be offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • If you are given a difficult project how do you handle it in a team setting?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

I applied online in the first week of September. I got a call back around a week or so later asking if I could come in for an interview in the two days and I agreed. I walked in and waited since the time of the interview was before hours and in total it was 3 other people and I. Some of the crew and the manager interviewed us. They asked in total 3 questions and then went around answering questions that we might have had. They told us if they didn't hear from us within 2-3 days, they "decided to go another route". It wasn't until a week later that I got called back for my second interview. I will update after I finish the process since this is what happened to me as of right now.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a little bit about yourself.
      Why Chipotle?
      A time you were most uncomfortable?
        Answer Question

General Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Chipotle.

Four interviews and working the AGM position for over a year to "prove" that you can do the job. Very difficult interview overall. More of acting the position of GM first and then going over how you were going to become an RT or turn the store around. Lots of pressure on performance.

Interview Questions
    • At a different restaurant than your home restaurant; spend 30 minutes observing and then diagnose why the restaurant is not yet restauranteur.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiation allowed; college degree was more of a disadvantage (superiors felt intimidated?) than an advantage, which was disappointing.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in October 2014.

I had my first chipotle interview about a week ago I applied online and it took two weeks for me to here back. So I went in dressed nice but not to professional remember it's a fast food restaurant. I went in i arrived 15 mins early then another female and boy walked in and we got interview together as a group with two crew members the interview was very chill and relaxed I was smiling asking the crew members questions I always made sure I gave the best answer and I answered before anybody else did and guess what I have my second interview tomorrow so wish me luck

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in October 2014.

I applied online and got an email a while later telling me about an interview so I was excited and went there all professionally but they made me wait forever and the kitchen manager was impressed with all my answers and said that she would call me back but didn't. Two weeks later I called asking for the manager about the status and she set me up for a second interview. The next day I went thinkin it was the official second interview but NO they did not even know. The general manager wanted to hire me but after asking when I'll turn 18 she said she unfortunately cannot hire me even though she'd love to. I was confused because the first interview was fine when she knew my age so I said but this is the second interview so I assumed everything was clear and she was all suprised and had to talk with someone about it. She continued the interview but I saw no point in it. She said she'd let me know later but no. I gave up on this very unorganized company! What a waste of time and hope and studying about this company!