Chipotle

Average Difficulty
475 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – Application process was quick! Within a few days I received an email stating they would like to meet with me. I applied to three different locations, and each was a group interview. Don't know what it is they're looking for, but I guess hard working and energetic isn't what they want.

Interview Questions

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Glendale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2014.

Interview Details – I mean it was a waste of time and gas money to be honest. Also, it's not hard to get an interview at all, they'll interview just about anyone. The problem is, chipotle does not look at the applications until after the interview process (which is stupid) I've applied to like 10 locations, it was the same thing: group interview, waste of time, plus the manager doesn't interview you until like 30 minutes after you were scheduled to come in. Heck, half the time you don't even get interviews by the manager, just a team member. One particular location I went through a four interview process, the 1st was one on one while the other 3 were group interviews. (Which I can't stand, they'll never tell you that before, so when you think they're really interested in you, I hate to say it but not really. Like I said they just interview anyone without looking at the apps first) I was professional at all times, they were interested in everything I said, I studied the history of the company like I would for my history test and I got all questions they asked reguarding the history correct. During the 4 interviews I was interviewed by all crew members and team members, and was given a tour of the kitchen along with a video tour, just to get an email a week later that I was not going to be given an offer, like really? I found out they didn't look at my app until after those 4 interviews, and I couldn't work full time since I was I'm high school at the time. I think you should really think before you take interest in working there, because chipotle will put you through so much just to decline you later. And 4 interviews I think it's a little extreme for just a fast food restuaraunt making 8 bucks an hour. Most restaurants (including fine in) will put you through 2 maximum. 4 interviews is something you'd go through with like a big company corporation where you'd wear a suite and tie. So yeah waste if time, I'll never apply their again. Makes me so angry, I was a loyal costumer to chipotle, but after this, it makes me not wanna eat their anymore.

Interview Question – Who is Steve ells? (Owner and founder of chipotle. Opened the 1st restuaraunt I'm Columbus Ohio in 1993)   View Answer

Crew Member

I applied online and interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – Overall pretty easy interview. I actually went to two interviews and both asked the same questions, like why chipotle? How would your friends describe you in three words? One of the interviews was a one on one because I called in that I could not make it to the date they had originally scheduled me for, and the manager was nice.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult at all. Well one that I was not expecting was, give me one reason I shouldn't hire you.   Answer Question

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call about 2 weeks later asking me to come in for an interview. I came in and met with the Restauranteur and we talked about my availability and my knowledge of the company.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was hired on the spot and started working 4 days after

Secaucus, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – I had applied online over a month ago before I got a call for a scheduled interview, I wore a business casual dress with minimal jewelry--just in case. But it was summer time so my dress was thigh length. I came in early before opening around 8am and found out that it was a group interview kinda setting, but only ONE other person showed up. There was supposed to be 8. That was definitely a red flag for me, but it worked out to my advantage because I was more comfortable and confident and I think that definitely showed in my answers. I was answering first and smiled often. After about 4 days has passed, I got a call back that I was hired. However, the entire hiring process took about 2 weeks because of orientation and paperwork that needed to be done BEFORE I actually got my uniform and started immediately. But overall it was fun. I had never eaten Chipotle before but I am a believer now. The burritos are DELICIOUS.

Interview Question – What do you know about Food With Integrity? Who is Steve Ells?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them as soon as I received an offer what I wanted for a pay rate--they were surprised and readily agreed.

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – They usually ask you to tell them about yourself and why you want to work for the company. My first Chipotle interview they asked basic questions, afterwards, they emailed us. Second was at the fashion show where the manager talked to us a lot about the company and the few questions we were asked caught me a bit off guard. They picked one person out of the group right there to go on to a second interview. If you get an email requesting an interview, be prepared for a group interview. Answer every question they ask because groups are sometimes big and interviews are short and it's possible you won't get a word in.

Interview Questions

• Which one is a top performer: someone who comes in on time and does everything correctly or someone who doesn't do everything correctly but has a desire to learn?   View Answer
  • What is empowerment?   Answer Question
  • What are high standards to you?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Pasadena, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in November 2013.

Interview Details – I was invited via email for an interview soon after applying online. There were about 8-9 of us for a group interview in the morning before the restaurant opened. The manager was terribly late, as were a couple other candidates. While waiting, we saw current crew members prepping the restaurant before opening which was very interesting.

The group interview was very simple and easy. The manager spoke 75% of the time and asked about 4-5 questions indirectly. So to stand out, you must speak out- but be sure not to sound over-confident and "show-off"ish (although I don't think the manager seemed to care about that at all). There is a way to speak and present yourself to demonstrate that you are a good fit for the position without seeming overconfident. A fellow candidate in the group did seem slightly overconfident to me, as he was trying to speak first for every question. Although I thought the manager didn't seem to care too much about it, this is just simple group interview etiquette. In a more professional workplace, managers/recruiters will definitely take notice of such things- so this was a good experience for me.

After the first group interview, I received an invitation for a second interview via email. This time there were 3 or 4 of us (out of the initial 8-9) from what I remember. The second interview basically reaffirmed that we were a good fit for the position. At the end of the interview, the manager formally offered us the position.

Interview Question – What can you offer to this Chipotle to help me and the team become a restauranteur and a top performing restaurant? The manager spoke about how top performing Chipotle restaurants receive certain benefits.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was looking for a seasonal position.

Columbus, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in January 2012.

Interview Details – At first, I had much hope for the outcome of this job. Emailed my resume to the hiring manager initially, but when I arrived for the interview, there where over 200 people doing group interviews. I was not impressed by the people directing the process, nor those doing the interviewing. In every group, they seemed disinterested. Maybe that was because they had been interviewing since 9 A.M. that morning.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out during a first impression?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – The whole process was a bit rocky as the interviewer seemed surprise applicants were at the door at the designated on an email sent out to applicants. However, she prepared it soon and it was pretty smooth asking you basic questions such as experience and what you bring to the company.

I received a job offer however the interviewer never got back to me about it.

Interview Question – What would you do if an irritated customer comes in?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None as they never called me back about the job offer.

General Manager Interview

General Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I had four interviews consisting of a video interview, phone Interview and 2 face to face interviews with different area managers. In the end I was not offered a position. I am fine with Chipotle's decision to not proceed with the hiring process, but I think that after going through four interviews an email explaining their decision would have been appropriate. I had to check my status online in order to get an update and still didn't receive a response after I emailed the recruiter asking for feedback as to what I could have done better. During the recruiting process Chipotle praised themselves as being very 'laid back'. I think after looking at the situation as a whole some of that transcends to unprofessionalism.

Interview Question – Do you include members of your team in daily decisions.   View Answer

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!