Chipotle Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview 2 days after the phone call. I arrived a few minutes early just to be safe. The interview was with one of the managers and was about 5 minutes long. She asked basic questions. 2 weeks later, I was the one who called to come in for a 2nd interview. This interview was with the manager who interviewed me the last time and the general manager. The questions they asked me were the same as the 1st interview. The general manager told me on the spot that she wanted me to meet the crew so I met the afternoon crew that day (which took an hour). You get to talk to the crew one on one in the kitchen just to get to know them and vice versa. When I was done, the General Manager told me to meet the morning crew on the weekend early morning. I met them and it was the same as the day I met the afternoon crew. Each one of these interviews took about 5 minutes or less.

Interview Questions

• Why chipotle?
      Why should we NOT hire you?
      What do you know about chipotle?
      In one word, how would your friends describe you? (use one of the 13 characteristics)

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Chipotle (Edison, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I sent an online application on Tuesday and received an email less than 24 hours later to tell me I got an interview for the following Monday (so a total of 6 days passed between my application submission and my interview). I wore casual clothes - white tee, black jeans, and grey Vans. I arrived 15 minutes before my scheduled interview and notified the cashier. The interviewer came out with two other workers and we sat down at a table in the dining area. She asked me a few general questions (age, school, prior work experience). Then the two other workers asked me a few questions but it was very casual. After the questions (which took about six minutes) they took me in the back to show me around. Afterwards they brought the manager out and he informed me that I got the job. The whole interview took less than 15 minutes. Everything was relaxed and everyone was friendly, they even gave me a burrito bowl on the house.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I applied online and was called two days later. I came in the following Friday, and met a manager who was very nice and easy to talk to. We conversed for a few minutes, and he asked me to come back for a second interview.
    I came back on Monday, and met with the cashier, who was also very nice. We talked for a while, before a different, sullen faced manager came over to interview me. I knew right away he didn't like me. He told me they would let me know within a week, and today I got an email containing a refusal.
    The majority of the people there were kind, but one bad grape ruins the bunch.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Received an email to do an video online interview through hirevue. The interview was around 5 questions. You had a minute to brainstorm your answer and 2 minutes to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• what I did earlier that day before completing interview   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I received an email to come in for an interview about a week after I applied online. The time was for 10am, an hour before they opened. The interview process was quick and simple; I sat down with the apprentice (step below general manager) who told me a lot about the company, then the kitchen manager, who asked my availability, experience, etc, then I went to answer questions with the rest of the employees that were working at that time. Make sure you research the Food with Integrity, and know about all the company's high standards, in and out of the restaurant. They don't like to hear "you have good food" when asked what you know about Chipotle!

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I applied online, and within the next day or two, I received an email inviting me to a "job fair" at the location I applied to - basically just show up between a certain time frame to meet the team and be interviewed. I was interviewed by two team members, who were energetic and enthusiastic the whole time. It was interviewed alongside another applicant. The questions were basic interview questions that one should expect. They did say that when hiring, they were looking for longevity and people to stay with them. In the end, this is why I believe I was not offered another interview or position there because I would only be able to be with them for the summer. But all in all, it was a positive interview experience and they were very timely with their work.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about Chipotle?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Conversational. I was interviewed multiple times by many different crew members and lastly by the general manager. The process took a bit longer than normal since the two days I came in the general manager was not there so I had to keep returning to meet with him. By the time I had met with the general manager I had already talked to many crew members so my interview with him was exceptionally brief.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I applied online and i got an email o go in for an interview the following week. It was a group interview, with about 12 people! They asked basic questions and a lot of questions about the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle (Silver Spring, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Well at first it took almost an hour for the interview to start but that slightly made sense because Chipotle was packed but when the interview started it went pretty well. They asked me what did I know about the company and what do I know about the career path and stuff and why did I want to work at Chipotle and what made me different from all the other applicants. The interviewer was really nice and he told me all about the history of chipotle and how they get their food and meat. After all that happened I got a job offer

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from all the applicants?
      So what do you know about food integrity?
      How is your personality.?

Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online through snag a job, then about one week later I got a phone call during which I was asked to come in that day at 4pm for a interview with the manager of the location I applied to. I dressed casually in a white shirt, black dress pants, and dress shoes. The interview I felt went very well I was interviewed with another girl and I am waiting to be emailed or called for a second interview. I would love to work at chipotle so I am crossing my fingers I get a second interview and am hired!