Chipotle

Average Difficulty
448 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – Application process was quick! Within a few days I received an email stating they would like to meet with me. I applied to three different locations, and each was a group interview. Don't know what it is they're looking for, but I guess hard working and energetic isn't what they want.

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

Cashier and Crew Member
Redwood City, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in April 2013.

Interview Details – i had one interview and the manager liked all the questions he answer and well he liked my answers for it i actually got good costumer service skills and multitasking.

Interview Question – the hard questions for me where the ones they always ask, "what would you do if a costumer got agree with you"   View Answer

Stockton, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email about a week later telling me to come in for their job fair at 9am. There was 20+ applicants, and we were split up into groups of 6. They asked why Chipotle? What do you know about about Chipotle? Etc. Overall it was a waste of my time because although they say they're looking for inexperienced workers, they're not; the girl next to me had already worked at Chipotle before and I'm pretty sure she got the job.

Interview Question – The interview was very short. It didn't consist of any basic questions because there were so many people there.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got called I believe the next day or so for an interview, went in to the store, group interview with one of the managers (was supposed to be two of them but the other one couldn't show up), asked us questions, and then we were told that if they wanted us, they'd email us for a second interview and if not, they decided to pass up on our application.

Interview Question – When was a time you made someone happy?   Answer Question

Wichita, KS

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – That was the first interview. She said that they usually hold two or three interviews with a person before deciding to hire. She seemed nice and knowledgeable but the person who was supposes to hold the interview was on a conference call. I don't know the position of the woman who interviewed me.

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

Cashier and Crew Member
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, then received an email about a week later regarding my first interview. It was me, and two other females taking part in a group interview, one of those females were Hispanic.

Why do I mention this? People seem to disacknowledge the unfairness in the chipotle hiring department. I knew more about Chipotle than this girl did, I aced the questions they asked me, but I could tell that the men interviewing us were only interested in the young Hispanic female before them. They rarely stopped staring at her.

I was called to a second interview this time with a female and male interviewer (he was from the prev interview). The interview was a legit interview #2. Okay, no big deal. Until later when I called the Hispanic girl I was at the interview with the other day, she told me she had already been hired. She said her second interview had took place days before mine, and it was with two male interviewers that hired her on the spot.

Keep in mind this is the young woman who didn't know who Steve Ells really was.

Interview Question – Where is your favorite place to be   View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer

Interviewed at Chipotle

Interview Details – Directly with IT Project Manager and then hired as contractor, Simple and straight forward questions, first call was telephonic and next was face to face, If possible try to go with the company's consulting partner company than individually.

Interview Question – need to know what you are talking about, and able to explain what you did recently in the Job and how you can help the company with the current Job.   Answer Question

Crew Member

Interview Details – I submitted an application online for various locations and ten minutes later I was called in for an interview that same week. The interview was held at a nearby chipotle, one I didn't apply to, and we were interviewed in a large group. It was very hard to listen and answer questions because there were around 15 other people there. You had to try really hard to stand out. That first interview didn't go so well and I never heard back. The following day I got called for another interview at another chipotle location. This time there wasn't many people, but it was still a group interview. They only talked to three people at a time though which made it very easy to make yourself shine. The next day I got called for a second interview that same week too. I went back to were I interviewed and noticed there were only a couple people from the interview before which means we had made it past round one. Instead of doing a group interview though, we were individually interviewed twice by the GM and apprentice. After I was interviewed by the GM the apprentice talked to me a little bit about herself and the company and the benefits that come with working at chipotle and when she was done talking I said "I would love to be a part of that" and then she goes "oh but you are dear" and I was confused for a second and then she goes "you're hired!" My best advice would be to be very happy, bubbly and talkative. They liked my upbeat energy especially since you need that sort of personality at chipotle. Secondly try to educate yourself about the company as much as possible. Throughout my interviews I would use some fancy words used within the company like restuaranteur and "food with integrity." YOU MUST KNOW WHAT FOOD WITH INTEGRITY IS! Overall don't be nervous, have fun and good luck!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – In a crew member position you don't get to negotiate. They told me I would be getting paid $9 an hour and asked if that was okay. Of course I wasn't going to say no so I said "YES!" Advice: be outgoing, don't be shy, learn about the company, always have a smile on, be the first to answer questions, remain positive and have fun and good luck! :)

Employee Interview

Employee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – Submitted an application online. A week or so later I was called in for an interview. It went well, I arrived early and once the manager was available she and an employee took me to a table in the back and asked me the basic questions. At the end, the manager gave me her card and told me she'd be in contact to schedule another interview. I came in for the second interview, sat down with two employees, was asked many of the same questions and some different ones. Once they were done, they told me that they would contact me with the results.

Interview Question – Tell us what you know about Chipotle as a company.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, got an e-mail a few days later scheduling an interview. I got there and it was a group interview, there were 6 others. They split us up into groups of 4 and 3. I was interviewed by a friendly lady, though she wasn't the manager of this particular Chipotle. She only asked us each 3 questions and then we all had the opportunity to ask her a question, took about 20 minutes.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chipotle

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!

Chipotle Videos

Chipotle – Why Work for Us?

CULTIVATING FUTURE LEADERS START YOUR CAREER ROLLING One of the many reasons why Chipotle is unlike other fast food companies is the fact that nearly all of the leaders are promoted from our crew. Many restaurant… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chipotle interview questions and advice. All 448 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chipotle employees and interview candidates.