Chipotle Interview Questions & Reviews

503 interviews

2.3

Anonymous Employee  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Got contacted 2 days after applying online. They ask you what you know about the company and the owner, so do a little research beforehand. They also ask if you have had previous restaurant experience. They tell you about their philosophy and the 13 characteristics that they are looking for in every employee.

Marketing Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

The interview is recorded and you send in your submission. The video is reviewed by a third party company and they determine whether your qualities meet the criteria of chipotle. The video is not interactive; you are given 30 seconds to review the interview question, and two minutes to respond. The timer is in the corner and you are looking at yourself in your camera while the video interview is recorded. VERY intimidating. The most frustrating part is because it is a video submission, you never know if your video interview is even looked at. Terrible way to interview!

Food Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New Braunfels, TX
    Anonymous Employee in New Braunfels, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

This was the most innovative interview I have ever had! I thought I was going to be spoken to by a manager but it was actually the entire team of the restaurant. It was incredible and pretty darn cool. They said the reason for this would be that the manager inst really the person that will be working along side of me which is a really good point. So they came out in two's. And they introduced themselves and their positions and then asked me questions! It was quite unique.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult was asked of me. It was a rather long interview. I had 12 people that came out to speak to me.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Usually you get a email back within 2 days after applying. Then you meet with 2-3 crew members for the first interview. Then if you get a call back you meet with the managers of the Restaurant

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I applied online and was contacted about a job fair. I went to the job fair and was interviewed by the kitchen manager in a group of 4. It was an easy interview, just went in a line to answer all the questions. I was called the same day for a second interview. The next day I came in for the interview and it was 4 of us from the job fair. The apprentice manager guy showed us a video and talked about what an employee at Chipotle should have. He gave us each a paper with three essay questions on it and told us to bring it in when we finish it. I brought it in the next day and was told I would be called. Two days later I got a call for a "crew interview" and when I arrived it was me and the girl from the second interview. We talked to the crew for about 45 minutes then left and once again was told we would be called. Two days later, I went into chipotle to eat and one of the girls recognized me from the crew interview and asked if I wanted to speak to the GM. I did and he asked if I would be part time or full time and then I got offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work her" "what would your best friend say about you" "what do you know about Chipotle" Just know a bit about Food With Integrity   Answer Question
    8.50 /hr

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

First off this was a waste of time because I've been through 3 interviews... all of this to wrap a damn burrito? they ask you the same questions over and over again then you gotta wait for a email or a call back. I'll never waste my money there again! especially traveling to the city wasting my damn money. When they call and tell you a group interview, its just you by your self BTW.

Crew Member Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

I filled out an application online, and within a few days, I got a call and schedule my interview date, the next day. I interviewed with the the assistant manager, she asked pretty basic questions, mostly about myself and job experience (which I had none), and she said she would called me about another interview. Later on that day I got a another call for my 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was with a crew member and pretty much asked me the same questions as the first. I got another call later that day for a 3rd and final interview with the general manger where she just ask my availability and salary, and why I wanted to work there and at the end she said she was going to call me and tell when I would cone in for orientation.

General Manager Interview

I went online to apply for the job. I got a call from HR to schedule an interview. The process is pretty quick. The first one was a phone interview and a few days later, I got a phone call for a face-to-face interview.

Anonymous Employee  in  North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I applied online and I got a call the next day asking to come in the next morning for an interview at 10:45. After reading all of the reviews on here, I thought it would be a group interview, but mine was one-on-one. I had studied everything from their website the day before, got their early, and got really positive reactions from all of my answers. The guy was really impressed with my answers and how much I knew about the company and was really friendly and engaging which made me feel really good about the interview. He also got really excited when he asked me if I had any questions and I asked "What made you want to work here?". Apparently he loved to talk about that because he talked for like 15 minutes. Then he talked about the company and what they stood for and stuff like that. Asked what position I'd like to work and when I was available, etc. Then he told me he had a few other people to interview that day and told me that he'd call me later than night with the results. He ended up calling me 3 days later and told me I got a second interview scheduled for this Monday with the GM. Wish me luck!!

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected... "What do you know about Chipotle?"   Answer Question

Apprentice Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in March 2014.

A lot of rapid-fire questions, ranging from "the difference between a leader and a manager" to "what was the worst day of your life?" Pretty informal, it took place in a restaurant over beers. Different.

Other opportunities

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!