Chipotle Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015
1,132 Interview Reviews

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online and was called in for an interview 2 days after the phone call. I arrived a few minutes early just to be safe. The interview was with one of the managers and was about 5 minutes long. She asked basic questions. 2 weeks later, I was the one who called to come in for a 2nd interview. This interview was with the manager who interviewed me the last time and the general manager. The questions they asked me were the same as the 1st interview. The general manager told me on the spot that she wanted me to meet the crew so I met the afternoon crew that day (which took an hour). You get to talk to the crew one on one in the kitchen just to get to know them and vice versa. When I was done, the General Manager told me to meet the morning crew on the weekend early morning. I met them and it was the same as the day I met the afternoon crew. Each one of these interviews took about 5 minutes or less.

Interview Questions

• Why chipotle? Why should we NOT hire you? What do you know about chipotle? In one word, how would your friends describe you? (use one of the 13 characteristics)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Edison, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I sent an online application on Tuesday and received an email less than 24 hours later to tell me I got an interview for the following Monday (so a total of 6 days passed between my application submission and my interview). I wore casual clothes - white tee, black jeans, and grey Vans. I arrived 15 minutes before my scheduled interview and notified the cashier. The interviewer came out with two other workers and we sat down at a table in the dining area. She asked me a few general questions (age, school, prior work experience). Then the two other workers asked me a few questions but it was very casual. After the questions (which took about six minutes) they took me in the back to show me around. Afterwards they brought the manager out and he informed me that I got the job. The whole interview took less than 15 minutes. Everything was relaxed and everyone was friendly, they even gave me a burrito bowl on the house.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

It was before opening and it was only me and the other employes, the manager only asked me two questions and began to give me a tour around the back room and meet the other workers. Another manager showed me the 13 characteristics and asked me which are my strongest and weakest. After that she told me to go wait at the front house as the other employes went to the back room for like 30 seconds, they came back and hired me on the spot, the whole process ended up being like 5-10 minutes and didn't feel like an interview at all, I ended up mot taking the job, I didn't like the idea of me only saying 3 sentences the entire time and I got a better offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Chipotle (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and got an email the next day for an interview the up coming Monday. It was a group interview and they asked common questions. When you go there make sure you know the 13 characteristics they look for in an employee. Try and answer all questions honestly because anyone can tell when you're making up BS. Got called for my second interview on Tuesday for the following Monday. That one was easier basically all they want you to do is come in and ask them questions. Got called on Wednesday saying I got the job. Whole process took about 2 and a half weeks

Chipotle Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

Overall easier than I thought it would be. Applied online got an email 2 days later inviting me to a job fair. I was nervous because this would be my first job and I'm 17 and I had no experience at all. I came in they gave me a cup to drink and told me to wait. There was about 5 others. At the end the manager came out and pulled us in an unexpected group interview. The manager had a great personality and it was very easy going. I smiled a lot and the next day got called in for the second interview to meet the crew. This interview was much more intense and you really have to do your best to stick out. I was with about 5 other people. The crew was great, they asked us a lot of questions. Make sure to do your research about the company. And smile ALOT. Most people in the interview acted all business like and had a serious face on. They are looking for enthusiastic employees with the 13 characteristics. So make sure you ask a lot of questions. It helped ALOT. They said they would email us if we got the job. Couple days later I got a call from the manager saying I was hired.I filled out all the paperwork online. I started 4 weeks ago.

There Website Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

the people I was interviewed by we're really nice the first interview was one and one and the second interview was a guy and a girl and that where the confusion kinda lyed

Interview Questions

• Would you see yourself becoming a manager?   1 Answer
    • what would you like to do?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Chipotle (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

walk in ask to speak the the manger on duty, they had originally lost my application but found it after a while i sat down with two mangers they were really nice the interview part went great try to be as outgoing as you can be after everything was done all the employes came up to me and introduce themselves to me they even let me get a free meal .

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview

I received an email to come in for an interview about a week after I applied online. The time was for 10am, an hour before they opened. The interview process was quick and simple; I sat down with the apprentice (step below general manager) who told me a lot about the company, then the kitchen manager, who asked my availability, experience, etc, then I went to answer questions with the rest of the employees that were working at that time. Make sure you research the Food with Integrity, and know about all the company's high standards, in and out of the restaurant. They don't like to hear "you have good food" when asked what you know about Chipotle!

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Chipotle (Seal Beach, CA).

Interview

I was called in for a basic first interview a week in advance by a hiring manager and was sent an email reminder as well. When I arrived the morning of the interview, I was surprised to see about 11 other people there too. The interview was scheduled for 9:30 am, but had to wait 30 minutes until two young employees showed up to finally begin the interview, which lasted about an hour. I was displeased with the entire interview process due to the fact that they failed to even mention to me that it was going to be a group interview. I found their tardiness to be very unprofessional. During the interview I felt like I could not say the answers I wanted to say because the other people being interviewed had the same answers as me, (this is why I feel one on one interviews are more effective).

Restaurant Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chipotle (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The online application had a personality test and it was printed out by the manager, who reviewed it with me during the interview. Besides the restaurant manager, I was also interviewed by the general manager. Both of there questions where pretty generic such as, "What is your greatest weakness?" or "Can you name a time a customer was being difficult and you stepped in to help resolve it?" The manager did ask the weird animal question though.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal, which one would you be and why?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer