Chipotle Interview Questions

2.3

Chipotle Crew Memberber Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Chipotle in November 2012.

its was fun and I loved it I would go through it all over again. it was a good chance to see what some places do to hire people. they have a lot to work on but the way they carry them self's are good to.

didn't have one

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

I had applied at Chipotle before, but never heard back. I applied again about a week ago, and a couple of days went by and still hadn't gotten a call, so I called on Thursday, asked for the manager, and said that I was calling to check up on my application. She asked my name, and then asked if I could come in for an Interview on Saturday. So I did, and had a basic "Tell me about yourself", "What do you know about Chipotle?" "What would make you a good worker?" etc. kind of interview with the GM. It took about ten or fifteen minutes. She jotted down a couple of basic notes and that was it. She asked if I could come back for an interview tomorrow (sunday) to interview with the assistant manager and another manager, and they'd decide from there. So I came back for the 2nd interview and talked with both managers separately. The first guy asked the same questions the GM had asked, then said he'd go get the other guy. The 2nd guy came out and said that he'd asked and that all of the crew seemed to like me and that I could come back Tuesday to do paperwork and meet the whole crew. Probably the easiest and most comfortable interviews of my life.

They said it starts at $8.50 and it's pretty non-negotiable

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pembroke Pines, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pembroke Pines, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Chipotle.

We filled out a goal booklet that was filled with what we wanted our salary to be, where we see ourselves going with the company/how far we want to get in the company then they called us to a table to do a private interview and to get to know each of us a little more. Then they would contact you in a week. Once i was contacted we took a tour, met the workers and went straight to training/work. Both managers on property were very nice and extremely dedicated on the excellence of the company and the happiness of their employees. It does not take long to learn the tasks, but it is hardwork and determination to make sure things are done right.

Interview Questions
    • How many months will it take you to move up in a position?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chevy Chase, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

I applied online via snagajob. About a week later I received an email, inviting me to an interview. The time slot on the interview was from 10am to 11am -- which I found strange because locally Chipotle doesn't open until 11. I wanted to arrive early so I got there at about 10:30. To no surprise, the doors were locked and I had to call for someone to open them. After I got inside, there was about a 5 minute wait before I actually say down with someone. Initially, I was interviewed my an "apprentice" - someone in training to become a General Manager. She asked me a few questions about why I wanted to work for Chipotle and explained what is to be expected of a Chipotle employee. After her, I was interviewed by every, and I do mean EVERY, member of the staff that was present at the time. They all asked me the same questions. It was made very clear that they endorse a notion of empowerment and teamwork. Everyone let me know that as a Chipotle employee you have to better yourself while you better those around you too so no one gets left behind. It was quite overwhelming and unusual as compared to any other interview experience I have ever had. The interview, in total, lasted over an hour. After I spoke with everyone, I was invited to come back the following day (tomorrow) for an interview with the GM. I would advise brushing up on a few Chipotle history facts before hand and mention that the food is all natural.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate. Chipotle makes it clear that they want confident employees. They strongly, STRONGLY endorse empowerment (another great thing to mention on your interview) so they aren't looking for you to sell yourself short. I asked for 9.00/hr and they agreed.

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle.

I did an online application and the next day i was called for an interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes, about 5 questions and I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

I applied to Chipotle and a day or two later I got a email saying to attend an interview with a date, time, and location.
    Prior to the interview I did a lot of research on chipotle and on how to be during the interview, which I found that a persons "vibes" and their adoration/ knowledge of Chipotle are more important than prior work history, qualifying skills, etc.
    The interview was a group interview. There were six of us being interviewed at once. About three different people interviewed us during the interview which made it a little confusing/ distracting when another interviewer would enter in, ask questions and then leave.
    They asked us a few questions, and then asked if we had any questions to ask. I asked a few questions like, what qualities are you looking for in a crew member (to which they responded it doesn't matter because you learn them.. I think I had a look of shock on my face). I also asked what they do with the unused food and what's the most challenging thing about working there.

I was very professional, knew a lot (more than I needed to know) about chipotle, and I was very confident. I guess maybe I was too confident, too professional, maybe even a little intimidating (for what's it's worth, I was a female being interviewed by mostly two young, 18 and 20 yr old males, who in my opinion were less professional then I was- one guy was looking at his phone during the interview!!)
    But I digress, basically don't know too much, and don't be too professional and you *might* be asked in for a second interview or maybe even hired.

Line Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesterfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

Interview scheduled one week in advance after lengthy application and telephone call. One day before the interview it was cancelled "position filled". This position was advertised as company 'friendly to students'. Absolutely unprofessional. I rescheduled another interview to speak with these people. Poor planning, management and again, unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Are you available to start immediately? (during phone screen)   View Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paramus, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

The process took 2+ weeks
    I got a call to attend a group interview, which included just 3 people.
    After that, I received a call from the store manager to set up an interview with the district manager. I then had a 1 on 1 interview with the district manager. There was also another person there getting interviewed by the district manager who was in the group interview. He was well dressed while I was dressed casually.

After I finished my interview with the district manager, he informed me that I would get a call within the next week letting me know whether or not I got the job.
    Unfortunately, I never got a call back.

Interview Questions
    • What's teamwork mean to you?
      What's a difficult situation you've dealt with on a team?
        Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online and got an email for the interview, it was a group interview in the middle of the busy restaurant. The GM asked us what we knew about chipotle and gave us a brief history and then asked for questions. She asked about who we were and told us about how the kitchen ran. She didnt seem satisfied with any answers I gave her or which questions I asked.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the most difficult aspect of this job will be?   View Answer
    • What is the thing you`re most proud of?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

Have had around 6 to 7 interviews at different locations. The questions were mostly the same format: "Tell me about yourself" "How do you hear about us?" "Why choose to work here?" Only been asked those three simple questions, and the process took no more than 20 minutes. I tried doing tons of researches before attending and felt pretty confident. Most managers would engage in simple conversations and ask follow up questions. It wasn't so bad until at the end they always pulled their trump card, "We will contact you back shortly." As anyone would have known, it always has some special meaning beyond comprehension.

Interview Questions
    • How would you explain Chipotle to someone who doesn't know about it?   Answer Question

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!