Chipotle

Getting the Interview

359 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irvine, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an e-mail the next day to come in for an interview. It was a little group interview. They split the 6 of us into 2 groups. Was interviewed by the hiring manager, and two other employees. Questions were very simple, and they were easy to talk to. They asked questions like why we wanted to work there, why should they hire us, etc.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chipotle in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an invited to a job fair a couple of days later. There was a morning session and an afternoon session, since I had class in the morning I went to the afternoon one. There was about 20 of us who showed up. The managers were 40 minutes late to their own job fair, highly unprofessional. There was 6 of them. We got interviewed in a group of 5 with the assistant manager and area manager. They basically asked us questions such as why did you pick chipotle and work experience and what are our interests, and if they liked us they would give us a call within the 48 hours. Know the company's background and "food with integrity". Research is key.

Interview Question – Questions weren't hard, they asked for work experience and why did you choose chipotle, what are your interests, they asked for availability, just smile be enthusiastic and answer questions honestly.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in March 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call in a few days to set up an interview. I received an e-mail immediately with details on what date and time to meet. I went in for the interview, and the manager came out with someone who was also a crew member and explained to me that they like to have someone working the current position present during the interview as well (which I thought was kind of cool). He asked me if I was going to school, some things about myself, why I chose to apply at Chipotle, all that. Having someone else there that was a crew member definitely took some of the pressure off and I was really comfortable. It all kind of just seemed like a normal conversation. I brought up the fact that I really respected their "Food With Integrity" motto and that I watched their videos on their website and he seemed really impressed, so it definitely helps if you do your research. The process itself was really short and at the end he told me he'd get back to me within the same day and more than likely, within the hour. We shook hands and I walked off. Although, I did not receive the e-mail in the same day, I received it the very next telling me I was part of the Chipotle team. I am very satisfied with the interview process overall.

Interview Question – The questions were generally pretty easy and they seemed more interested in learning about me.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I filled out a app online got a call two days later for a interview with one of the higher managers he told me to come back tomorrow for another interview. When i can back i was interviewed by 5 lower mangers and they told me to come back tomorrow for another interview by the top manager. When i got there the next day i was interviewed again by the same people who told me to come back tomorrow for another interview. I was really mad because it was really unprofessional. I was on my six interview by then. I came in again an they said now i just gotta be interviewed by the team members could i come back tomorrow i told them no i couldnt come back if you havent gave me the job by now i dont want it.

Interview Question – When was chipotle founded   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Unprofessional

Restaurant Team Member Crew Interview

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I applied online. Got a call later that week and the interview itself was very short. They guy asked me about myself, what i knew about chipotle, I guess I just wasn't cut out because I never heard from them again..

Interview Question – just be honest!   Answer Question

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

Cashier and Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – Applied online and got an email within the week to come in for an interview. I thought it would a group interview but I got to the restaurant and it was just one on one with the Restaurant Manager. It was very straight forward and concise, and I got the job on the spot.

Interview Question – How much do you think you deserved to be paid and why   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Crew Member
Appleton, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chipotle in April 2010.

Interview Details – Received a call 2 days after application was submitted and was set up for an screening with a low level manager. After the screening you are either set up with a second interview or told that its not a good fit. During your second interview things get deeper, expect long term goal questions, why are you a good fit etc. Third interview is a meet the crew interview where you are set up to come in during the morning shift before the restaurant opens. You get an opportunity to meet the crew, look around the restaurant and get a general idea of what you are getting into. Next is the orientation portion of the process, you go through a flip book that is trying to get you to buy into the culture. Paperwork scanning afterwards and then you're in.

Interview Question – All questions are straight forward.   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – First we did a group interview. It was laid back and not stressful. During the group interview, we were asked various questions and then took turns answering them. I was called back for a second interview the next day.

Interview Questions

Line Worker Interview

Line Worker

I applied online and interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I applied online and got called a few days later. The interview was done in a group. Make sure you know about the company's history and have questions for them!

Interview Question – "How many of the 13 characteristics do you know?"   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in February 2014.

Interview Details – Been job hunting forever and there was an opening for an asst. manager at a chipotle. I received an invitation for an interview about a coupe weeks after I filled out an application online. So it was nice that this whole process was going through quick.

When I arrived on time for my interview, I was told to wait in the dining area due to their lunch rush. I ended up waiting for a good twenty or thirty minutes and that was very unprofessional.

Finally, I spoke with the manager and she escorted me to the back of the kitchen and I kid you not, this is where my interview was held. This just seemed unacceptable to me. I'm not only standing, but their is loud noise coming from the workers cooking and that wasn't acceptable to me.

Long story short, after answering just a few questions based on my past work experience and on my resume, and some trivia about the company, she seemed very interested and gave me a more in depth tour around the restaurant and told me to bring my ss card, and other legal documents. So I assumed I was hired. She told me to come back around this time the following day. When I came back the next day, this woman was not even scheduled to work, and I spoke with a different manager in which I was told thank you but no thank you. I was just torn.

I just wasted my time. Never eaten at chipotle and now I really won't. I see how they operate things and it's just an unprofessional attitude they have.

Interview Question – How do you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question