Chipotle Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.3

Line Worker Interview

interviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

Group Interview, was horrible. Did not like how it was run. waited almost an hour after interview time for it to start. Then when it did start, it only took about 15 minutes.

Assembly Line, Cashier, Kitchen Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in September 2014.

Initially I filled out my application to Chipotle with confidence as I had heard positive feedback from peers. I was a recent high school graduate and the website states they prefer those with little or no experience. I thought that this was great. When I recieved multiple emails regarding a job fair, I felt so elated. I checked glassdoor so I was prepared for the interview as well as researched the company. When it came to the day of the interview, they had me sit down. The employees gave me the option of using the fountain to quench my thirst. Other people began to come in and they regarded their presence in the same manner. It was finally time for the interview. I felt a little nervous. I didnt annunciate and I fumbled over my words. I didnt evoke that bubbly, upbeat persona they look for in their employees. It was my first interview ever. My advice? Research. Show that youre outgoing and "bubbly" so to speak. I went to another interview in my city. They didnt even bother to write my name down. Calm the nerves, dont act like you have a stick up your butt or you will blow it.

Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

The interview is recorded and you send in your submission. The video is reviewed by a third party company and they determine whether your qualities meet the criteria of chipotle. The video is not interactive; you are given 30 seconds to review the interview question, and two minutes to respond. The timer is in the corner and you are looking at yourself in your camera while the video interview is recorded. VERY intimidating. The most frustrating part is because it is a video submission, you never know if your video interview is even looked at. Terrible way to interview!

Crew Member Interview

Usually you get a email back within 2 days after applying. Then you meet with 2-3 crew members for the first interview. Then if you get a call back you meet with the managers of the Restaurant

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

I filled out an application online, and within a few days, I got a call and schedule my interview date, the next day. I interviewed with the the assistant manager, she asked pretty basic questions, mostly about myself and job experience (which I had none), and she said she would called me about another interview. Later on that day I got a another call for my 2nd interview. The 2nd interview was with a crew member and pretty much asked me the same questions as the first. I got another call later that day for a 3rd and final interview with the general manger where she just ask my availability and salary, and why I wanted to work there and at the end she said she was going to call me and tell when I would cone in for orientation.

General Manager Interview

I went online to apply for the job. I got a call from HR to schedule an interview. The process is pretty quick. The first one was a phone interview and a few days later, I got a phone call for a face-to-face interview.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

I applied on line and was contacted by email a few days later. When I showed up ,about 10 minutes early, there was one other girl there. They told us to take a seat and wait. Meanwhile more people showed up, two other girls and two guys. So after waiting about 10 minutes past the time when we were supposed to have the interview, the manager and some other guy showed up( he didn't really introduce his position). The had us sign our names on a clip board and then proceeded with a group interview. They asked basic questions like why we wanted to work there, what we know about the history of chipotle, and how we feel working in a fast paced environment. They mostly talked alot about chipotle and their whole philosophy and food with integrity.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I applied online and was contacted about a job fair. I went to the job fair and was interviewed by the kitchen manager in a group of 4. It was an easy interview, just went in a line to answer all the questions. I was called the same day for a second interview. The next day I came in for the interview and it was 4 of us from the job fair. The apprentice manager guy showed us a video and talked about what an employee at Chipotle should have. He gave us each a paper with three essay questions on it and told us to bring it in when we finish it. I brought it in the next day and was told I would be called. Two days later I got a call for a "crew interview" and when I arrived it was me and the girl from the second interview. We talked to the crew for about 45 minutes then left and once again was told we would be called. Two days later, I went into chipotle to eat and one of the girls recognized me from the crew interview and asked if I wanted to speak to the GM. I did and he asked if I would be part time or full time and then I got offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work her" "what would your best friend say about you" "what do you know about Chipotle" Just know a bit about Food With Integrity   Answer Question
    8.50 /hr

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I applied for Chipotle and received a response via email within a week requesting an interview. There were 5 of us. After researching what to expect from Chipotle interviews, I was expecting a bunch of questions about the company. Rather, the interviewer stood up in front of us and asked us all to tell him about ourselves. Each time someone was talking, he seemed impatient and it made me feel rushed in my answers. He then told us all about Chipotle. I sat and listened to him recite everything I had read online and was prepared to answer to him. In total, he maybe asked us 4 questions. At the end he said, "Well, if that's it, I have another group coming in to interview now." and pretty much rushed us out the door. I didn't expect a call back, nor do I expect anyone else in my group to receive one. My interview was at 8:30am and I received an email at 11:30am telling me I did not receive the job. After sitting through that interview, I am not disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of the best customer service you have ever received.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

First off this was a waste of time because I've been through 3 interviews... all of this to wrap a damn burrito? they ask you the same questions over and over again then you gotta wait for a email or a call back. I'll never waste my money there again! especially traveling to the city wasting my damn money. When they call and tell you a group interview, its just you by your self BTW.