Chipotle

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.3

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

Applied online to a few different locations. Got a call back for all within the week. The first interview is a group one. That was kind of intimidating to me.

Chipotle Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle.

Walk-in application, interviewed on spot, asked basic questions like: What are your strengths/weaknesses, give an example of a time when you provided exceptional customer service, why do you want to work for Chipotle, etc...

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, accepted base offer which was around 50 cents above minimum wage

Team Crew Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle in January 2015.

I interviewed online after seeing an opening in my area, and i got a call about a week later asking if i would come in for a group interview. I came in for a group interview with 3 other people and they asked us a series of non-related questions (fav. movie, what you do in your free time, etc.) then they ask which one of the 13 charasteristics ser by the company (on thier website) represents you most. They ask you about experience (they actually perfer if you do not have fast food experience because it will be harder to train you After we just had a nice friendly conversation, and left. That day the manager called again to set up my second interview and I went in the next day. The second interview consist of coming in before opening while everyone is preping and talking to the crew while they prep. Your job is to start a conversation with them and they may ask you a couple of questions and vice versa. After you talk to everyone, you leave and they call you within the next week if the whole crew agrees that you would benefit the team.

The whole team as well has the managerial team are very laid back and cool. Just be yourself, dont try to get too "buisness-y" on them but at the same time make sure you express your desire and ambition to work there.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in January 2015.

I applied online and they called me back two days later at 8:00 pm. I missed their call the first time so i called them back to check on the interview. They had me for 8:30am on a Thursday. The questions were fairly simple if you did your research on Chipotle.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a hard time you went through in your life and what you did to come up on top.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in January 2015.

The interview was pretty simple and very fast. Just make sure you read up about the company, have a positive attitude and smile. I had to go on 2 interviews.

Interview Questions
    If you want the job, take it.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in January 2015.

I went in attempting to be as most confident possible as I could. This was my very first job interview and I was extremely nervous, but I gave off a very confident vibe to myself when it came to be Interviewed. There was about six people there as well waiting to be Interviewed. I was last and I lasted about ten minutes. That same afternoon, Chipotle called me for a second Interview. That went about the same as the first, but I was interviewed by another manager. She was very friendly and made the conversation flow easily.

Interview Questions
    Do your research and speak highly of your accomplishments and attributes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in January 2015.

I filled out an app online and maybe two weeks late recieved an email to come in for an interview. At this interview there were four of us including me sitting at individual tables. We waited about 10 minutes and the manager came in and asked who arrived first (I did) and moved me to a table to the side. He asked me general questions like ; who am i, why chipotle, experience, what food do you like here, availability, would you be interested in moving up in the company, and maybe a few others. He also have a ton of information about the company. He told me I would get a call or email for another interview. A day later was the next interview where there were maybe 20 people. Me and another guy were pulled aside and given a tour following being interviewed by three crew members with the same general questions. They really wanted to see if you "fit"and wwould get along with everyone. After they conviened, I was told I got the job and would be sent an email regarding all the necessary paperwork.

Crew Member Interview

Three interviews total. First two consisted of group interviews that included 2 current crew members and a manager, It was a little different for me since this was my first interview process where potential candidates were also sitting in the group interview. The third and final interview was mainly a one-on-one with the general manager.

Interview Questions
    • Questions included (from all three interviews):
      1. What do you like about Chipotle?
      2. What do you know about Chipotle? (as in company facts)
      3. If you could have a super power, what would it be and why?
      4. What three qualities define you?
      5. Why should we hire you as opposed to other candidates?
      6. What does being a leader consist of?
      7. What is your favorite movie?

Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in January 2015.

You are first contacted by email by a recruiter and asked to submit a video interview online. You will then be contacted again by email to set up a phone interview. If that goes well you will meet with a local HR representative. You will then meet with your would be superior and your peers.

Chipotle promotes 98% from within. Unless you are grossly over qualified for the job there is little chance that you will make it past the phone interview. I was actually told that my education and experience meant little.

If you have not worked for the company before do your research. They expect you to know the company in and out.

After going through all the interviews I was told that my 10+ years in the restaurant industry was not adequate experience and that they would be happy to offer me a lower management job and allow me to work my way up.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about Chipotle? Define empowerment. How would you gain an employees trust?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in La Verne, CA
    Anonymous Employee in La Verne, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Chipotle in January 2015.

It took a while for them to interview me. Two girls interviewed me outside. I lost track of what I was saying, and while the girl who was interviewing me stayed serious, the other girl starts laughing at me! Seriously, that's so unprofessional. I honestly don't know why she was there, and after that I wasn't able to focus. Also they took months to call me for an interview, I had applied about 3 months before they finally called.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I wanted to work there, and what I knew about chipotle. I was also asked to tell why I should work there.   Answer Question