Chipotle Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.3

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

I applied online and about five days later I got an email telling me to come in for an interview. When I got there, there was about 10 other people sitting waiting for the same interview, since they do group interviews. In total there was 12 of us who showed up and they split us into groups of six. I felt like this interview was very unprofessional. The main interviewer mostly rambled on and they asked questions irrelevant to the job position, like "what would you do if I gave you a million dollars?" and "where in the world would you want to travel?" and that was it. Only those two questions, and of course the "do you have any questions for us?" They were basically looking for people who wanted to ask them a lot of questions and who have no problem talking a lot rather than people who actually have work experience. Personally, it felt very dull and boring.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if I gave you a million dollars right now?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

Applied online, got an email later that day for an interview two days later. Went in for my interview it was about 30 mins long, they brought out the manager, then three employees, and then gave me a tour of the whole store and said i would definitely be hearing from them. i called back two days later and was calle din for a second interview. the manager interviewing me seemed to not know it was my second interview and once i let her know of this she seemed really confused as to why she was starting the process over and said i would definitely get a call in two days. i never got a call so i called back and they told me they were not hiring at the moment.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chipotle.

I applied on-line. Got called in for an interview after two days. I went to the interview and it was a group interview, though only a man and I. The interviewer was male, and very young, early 20's. Him and the other man in the interview ignored me most of the time and cut me off to ask him more questions. I knew I was not going to get this job right away. The other man being interviewed had no idea what he was talking about, stumbled a lot and said things such as "um" or "uh" quite a bit as well. If I would of known the interviewer was going to ignore me I would of never went.

Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle.

I applied to a location and about a week later I got an interview. It was a relatively short interview with the manager and four other people. The manager said he would email us for a follow up 48 hours after the interview to let us know if he wanted us to come in for a second one.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle.

I went to five interviews, but they were all easy. All of them were group interviews. Overall it was a good experience I suppose. In the first interview, 2 managers interviewed us and asked us basic questions, such as what we know about Chipotle. In the second interview the general manager interviewed us. Third interview was with another manager, fourth was with two crew members. In the fifth interview we just briefly talked to an employee, a few minutes later a manager came and told us we were hired. All of the questions were pretty basic and almost everyone just asked the same questions. Nothing difficult. Know the history of the company and other facts about it. They put a lot of weight in to how much you know about Chipotle so do a little bit of research before going to the interview. They don't care much about experience. Just be positive, smile a lot, and know your stuff and you should be fine.

Crew Member Interview

Great interaction during interview the Kitchen Manager and manager where there they ask what motivates you! And they where very down to earth and made me feel comfortable, also they didn't Rush me or make me feel dumb.

Great job

Crew Member Interview

Had to meet at the SDSU Chipotle, sat there one on one with the manager and was interviewed. After a discussion about life, I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why Chipotle? I never have eaten there before so I kind of was thrown off.   Answer Question
    Would you like the work for Chipotle, Yes!

Crew Member Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Chipotle.

i have no idea how to view the interview. was my first time and i honestly don't know if I should've even applied in the first place. i thought i felt mildly comfortable.

Cashier and Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in January 2015.

The interview process is unnecessarily tedious. My interview process is still going on, but I'll post what has happened so far..

I had applied to maybe 4 or 5 different Chipotle's around me, and got a call 10 minutes later from one that was right down the street, asking me to come in for an interview the next day at 11 AM. I was nervous because I was reading reviews on here saying a lot of people showed up and it was for a group interview. The girl who called and scheduled the interview said it was going to be a group interview, but I showed up and it was just me and her, and she ended up being the General Manager of that particular Chipotle.

First interview, January 7th: It was easy for the most part, and she asked:
    -What I knew about Chipotle. (Study up on Food With Integrity, Steve Ells, and demonstrate their 13 Characteristics -- Ambitious, Happy, Smart, Polite, Respectful, Honest, Conscientious. Presentable, Curious, Motivated, Hospitable, High Energy, Infectiously Enthusiastic)
    -What I was going to school for.
    -How was I going to use that degree to relate back to Chipotle.
    -My availability.
    -What I saw when I looked around the restaurant. (This threw me off because I've never really been asked this. She was asking really what I saw that made Chipotle stand out from other restaurants. It's the simplicity and how it's designed with low cost material so the food will be of better quality.)
    She also explained the interview process, which usually consisted of 3 or 4 interviews.
    She then told me she was conducting a number of open interviews that day and that she would call me by the end of the day. I didn't hear back from her for two days, so I ended up calling the location, and they asked me to come back in for my second interview that day at 5 pm.

Second interview, January 9th: It was also very easy, and conducted with the Restauranteur of that Chipotle, he asked me:
    -What I knew about Chipotle.
    -Why I wanted to work at Chipotle.
    He also explained their vision, which is: "To maintain a team of top performers, who are empowered to achieve high standards." Which means they want their employees to come into work and try and not only better themselves, but better the company by working there, as well as strive to become a leader, and act like one in the process.
    As well as that, he explained the process of moving up in the company, and what the title of each person is, which is: Crew, Hourly Manager, Apprentice, General Manager, Restauranteur, Restauranteur (2-4).

Third interview January 10th: Very easy, and conducted with the Kitchen Manager, he asked me:
    -What I knew about Chipotle.
    -What the catering orders consist of and how they are put together.
    -What the next interview will consist of.
    He said he will be calling in a few days to set up the 4th interview with the crew, which is where you sit and have lunch with them, and they get a feel for how they like you and if they want to add you to their team. I haven't been called yet, but I will be calling tomorrow to follow up and bug them a bit. They don't seem to be that great at calling people back when they say they will, so don't worry if they don't call you back right away. Just give them a call a day or two later and explain you're just following up on the interview.

UPDATE:
    I went in for a fourth interview with the crew on January 13th. They said they would call me after the third interview, but never did, so I had to call Chipotle and ask them about my application and to follow up with the third interview. They asked me:
    -Why I wanted to work for Chipotle.
    -What I knew about the company.
    I went in at 3:30 pm, didn't leave until 5:00 pm. It wasn't really anything to be nervous about. They all made me feel comfortable and we just talked about a lot of different things that didn't even have to do with Chipotle. they explained what a typical work day is for them, and when they got paid, and how much. They offered me a meal, and I accepted. They also said they were going to call in 48 hours with a decision, which they didn't. I have called back twice now, and they said the same thing, they'd get back to me. I am still waiting for a call back and an offer.

UPDATE #2:
    I called back maybe 5 days after I posted my last update, around January 18th/19th. I asked to speak with the GM directly, and she informed me that I got the job. I am just waiting on my background check to go through. Good luck to all those who interview with this company. It isn't easy, but it is worth it in the long run!

Interview Questions
    • Look around the restaurant, what you do you see?   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate anything. The starting pay for my area is $9, and I wanted to be paid that, or more. So I am happy.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chipotle.

Got an interview 3 days after I applyed. The interview was a group interview it threw me off a little. A few days past no call, I called them after a week and the guy told me to come in the morning to talk to the GM. The GM liked me ALOt and told me sorry he isn't hiring at this location so he called another location down the way to tell them about me, so I went to that one and it seemed like they liked me as well but I guess not as much to hire me? They told me during the interview they where going to call me to schedule a tour around the restaurant and meet everyone but it's been a month now. I called a few times and they tell me they are busy and they will get back to me.