Chipotle Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.3

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I applied online and was contacted about a job fair. I went to the job fair and was interviewed by the kitchen manager in a group of 4. It was an easy interview, just went in a line to answer all the questions. I was called the same day for a second interview. The next day I came in for the interview and it was 4 of us from the job fair. The apprentice manager guy showed us a video and talked about what an employee at Chipotle should have. He gave us each a paper with three essay questions on it and told us to bring it in when we finish it. I brought it in the next day and was told I would be called. Two days later I got a call for a "crew interview" and when I arrived it was me and the girl from the second interview. We talked to the crew for about 45 minutes then left and once again was told we would be called. Two days later, I went into chipotle to eat and one of the girls recognized me from the crew interview and asked if I wanted to speak to the GM. I did and he asked if I would be part time or full time and then I got offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you want to work her" "what would your best friend say about you" "what do you know about Chipotle" Just know a bit about Food With Integrity   Answer Question
    8.50 /hr

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I applied for Chipotle and received a response via email within a week requesting an interview. There were 5 of us. After researching what to expect from Chipotle interviews, I was expecting a bunch of questions about the company. Rather, the interviewer stood up in front of us and asked us all to tell him about ourselves. Each time someone was talking, he seemed impatient and it made me feel rushed in my answers. He then told us all about Chipotle. I sat and listened to him recite everything I had read online and was prepared to answer to him. In total, he maybe asked us 4 questions. At the end he said, "Well, if that's it, I have another group coming in to interview now." and pretty much rushed us out the door. I didn't expect a call back, nor do I expect anyone else in my group to receive one. My interview was at 8:30am and I received an email at 11:30am telling me I did not receive the job. After sitting through that interview, I am not disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of the best customer service you have ever received.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

First off this was a waste of time because I've been through 3 interviews... all of this to wrap a damn burrito? they ask you the same questions over and over again then you gotta wait for a email or a call back. I'll never waste my money there again! especially traveling to the city wasting my damn money. When they call and tell you a group interview, its just you by your self BTW.

Food Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Braunfels, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

This was the most innovative interview I have ever had! I thought I was going to be spoken to by a manager but it was actually the entire team of the restaurant. It was incredible and pretty darn cool. They said the reason for this would be that the manager inst really the person that will be working along side of me which is a really good point. So they came out in two's. And they introduced themselves and their positions and then asked me questions! It was quite unique.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult was asked of me. It was a rather long interview. I had 12 people that came out to speak to me.   Answer Question

Team Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

So I applied to be a Part-Time Team Crew Member and a few days after I applied I received an email that told me when and where my interview would take place and to only email back if I couldn't make it. I showed up about fifteen minutes early and had to wait for about ten minutes while they waited for an interviewer to show up. I was interviewed by two men who were very friendly. I brought a few copies of my resume, cover letter, and references with me which was good because they didn't have copies. The interview was very chill. They asked why I wanted to work there, why I liked the company, and my long term goals. Then they told me a bit about their company and asked how and why I think I would fit in with it. I asked my questions and they told me more about the company and then told me they would contact me later that day to let me know if I would get a second interview. They called me maybe an hour later to offer me a full time position but not at the location I applied but not too far away either. I already had a part time job but he gave me an offer above what I was being paid there so I took the job. The next day I met with the team who were extremely friendly. The manager showed me around and I got to ask questions of the team. So basically it took one interview to get the job but meeting the rest of the crew was also very important. All in all a great experience and Chipotle really seems to invest their time in you to make you better.

Interview Questions
    • After he told me about Chipotle and it's ideals and work goals and he asked me how and why I think I would fit in with it. Why I want to work there, my long term goals, and would I be willing to work at a different location but still close to where I was.   Answer Question
    I told them that I would accept anything but he said I shouldn't sell myself short and offered me $9.00 an hour for part time and offered me $9.50 an hour if I would quit my other job and it sounded like if I had wanted more I maybe could have got it. They said they would do whatever it takes to get me to stay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I applied online at Chipotle, a few days later they call and ask for an interview the next week. The location was going under construction and it was a one to one conversation with the general manager. I arrived 5 min. late due to public transportation but I was lucky enough for the manager not being there. He was a decent person and asked several questions which I answered with much confidence and got the job on the spot. This being my first job interview and first job I gladly accepted, plus the pay was pretty decent for starter like me.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of Crew Members would you like to be by your side?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

Asked basic questions, required me to drive into the city instead of waiting for me to return to the area two weeks later. Did both interviews in the same time span. I was hired that day.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

This was a total waste of time just as another person on this website stated. I applied online and got an automated email invite for an interview about a week after I applied. It was a group interview with 6 others and myself. However, the interviewers did not ask us anything about the company. I wasted so much time researching Chipotle for nothing. The questions were very simple. Someone asked how many positions the restaurant was looking to fill, and the interviewer stated 3-4. The problem is that they were conducting multiple group interviews just to end up burning through alot of capable applicants to only fill a few positions. Chipotle seems to enjoy wasting peoples time. The interviewers did not take notes on anything any of the applicants said, they didn't even have everybodys application with them and only had a few of ours. They did not seem interested in any of us since the beginning of the interview. I have no idea what Chipotle was looking for. I expressed interest in moving into a management position with them, and being in the job for the long haul. But I guess they don't want that.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: If you could be any type of food, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

I applied online – interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I applied online and I got a call the next day asking to come in the next morning for an interview at 10:45. After reading all of the reviews on here, I thought it would be a group interview, but mine was one-on-one. I had studied everything from their website the day before, got their early, and got really positive reactions from all of my answers. The guy was really impressed with my answers and how much I knew about the company and was really friendly and engaging which made me feel really good about the interview. He also got really excited when he asked me if I had any questions and I asked "What made you want to work here?". Apparently he loved to talk about that because he talked for like 15 minutes. Then he talked about the company and what they stood for and stuff like that. Asked what position I'd like to work and when I was available, etc. Then he told me he had a few other people to interview that day and told me that he'd call me later than night with the results. He ended up calling me 3 days later and told me I got a second interview scheduled for this Monday with the GM. Wish me luck!!

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected... "What do you know about Chipotle?"   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Applied online, next day received an email invite to their job fair which consisted of a group, there were about 15 peope all together and we were pulled four at a time. First group interview was easy. It was the GM and one of her kitchen staff, they told us about their story how they started at chipotle, asked the group two questions. 1 being what would you be doing if all your bills were paid and you had no worries and 2 was what are you most proud of about yourself. That was the end, we were informed that we would be contacted via email meaning try again/ no thanks or a call for a second interview. I got neither so I called, the second time I called I spoke with Erica service manager, she set up my second interview which we were joined by the grill master team member. The second interview, I felt went really well because it was one on one so I had the chance to get full focus. They asked mostly about my availability, how I handle stressful situations, how good my customer service experience was. That was about it, again informed me that I would hear from them in 48 hrs. Noooo so I called back the follwing Monday giving them the full 48hrs. The GM answered, (same one I group interviewd with), she responded with " there was a note left stating they had hired over the weekend"... great..Thanks for the email..

Interview Questions
    • What are you most proud of? Why?   View Answer
    • What would you do if all bills are paid and no worries for money?   View Answer