Chipotle

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Chipotle in October 2011.

Interview Details – They are very informative about the culture of Chipotle, including the 13 characteristics and Food with Integrity. Upward mobility is stressed is a requirement for someone to be hired. Being outgoing and asking questions is considered an important characteristic.

Interview Question – They will ask for you to tell them a joke. This is in order to gauge your personality and ability to think and act on your feet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay is negotiable but literally within cents. Hours are extremely flexible however.

Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in March 2011.

Interview Details – Met with the GM and the District manager at an off site location, because the store was being opened. Ask me general questions about what my favorite food at Chipotle was, why I wanted to work there, what could I offer to Chipotle through my employment there, etc.

Negotiation Details – I was hired as a line cook and after 5 months of training in each station, was finally moved to Kitchen Manager. This is 4 months after the date that they promised me. I was started with a base pay of 8.50/hr and when I was promoted given 11.50/hr.

Mishawaka, IN

The process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2010.

Interview Details – This is a scam they put on a hiring website that they are looking for restaurant managers. I had an interview believing I was interviewing for that position, turns out they promote only from within so I was interviewing for an $8 an hour job. The interviewing manager had no clue how to do an interview for even a crew member so that was a nightmare. I would recommend serious training for assistant managers to do effective interviews

Interview Question – they ask if you have eaten there before   View Answer

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!