Chipotle Team Member Interview Questions

2.3

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paramus, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

The process took 2+ weeks
I got a call to attend a group interview, which included just 3 people.
After that, I received a call from the store manager to set up an interview with the district manager. I then had a 1 on 1 interview with the district manager. There was also another person there getting interviewed by the district manager who was in the group interview. He was well dressed while I was dressed casually.

After I finished my interview with the district manager, he informed me that I would get a call within the next week letting me know whether or not I got the job.
Unfortunately, I never got a call back.

Interview Questions
  • What's teamwork mean to you?
    What's a difficult situation you've dealt with on a team?
      Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Chipotle

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chico, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chico, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

I applied for Chipotle and received a response via email within a week requesting an interview. There were 5 of us. After researching what to expect from Chipotle interviews, I was expecting a bunch of questions about the company. Rather, the interviewer stood up in front of us and asked us all to tell him about ourselves. Each time someone was talking, he seemed impatient and it made me feel rushed in my answers. He then told us all about Chipotle. I sat and listened to him recite everything I had read online and was prepared to answer to him. In total, he maybe asked us 4 questions. At the end he said, "Well, if that's it, I have another group coming in to interview now." and pretty much rushed us out the door. I didn't expect a call back, nor do I expect anyone else in my group to receive one. My interview was at 8:30am and I received an email at 11:30am telling me I did not receive the job. After sitting through that interview, I am not disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of the best customer service you have ever received.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle in August 2014.

Applied online, next day received an email invite to their job fair which consisted of a group, there were about 15 peope all together and we were pulled four at a time. First group interview was easy. It was the GM and one of her kitchen staff, they told us about their story how they started at chipotle, asked the group two questions. 1 being what would you be doing if all your bills were paid and you had no worries and 2 was what are you most proud of about yourself. That was the end, we were informed that we would be contacted via email meaning try again/ no thanks or a call for a second interview. I got neither so I called, the second time I called I spoke with Erica service manager, she set up my second interview which we were joined by the grill master team member. The second interview, I felt went really well because it was one on one so I had the chance to get full focus. They asked mostly about my availability, how I handle stressful situations, how good my customer service experience was. That was about it, again informed me that I would hear from them in 48 hrs. Noooo so I called back the follwing Monday giving them the full 48hrs. The GM answered, (same one I group interviewd with), she responded with " there was a note left stating they had hired over the weekend"... great..Thanks for the email..

Interview Questions
    • What are you most proud of? Why?   View Answer
    • What would you do if all bills are paid and no worries for money?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2014.

I mean it was a waste of time and gas money to be honest. Also, it's not hard to get an interview at all, they'll interview just about anyone. The problem is, chipotle does not look at the applications until after the interview process (which is stupid) I've applied to like 10 locations, it was the same thing: group interview, waste of time, plus the manager doesn't interview you until like 30 minutes after you were scheduled to come in. Heck, half the time you don't even get interviews by the manager, just a team member. One particular location I went through a four interview process, the 1st was one on one while the other 3 were group interviews. (Which I can't stand, they'll never tell you that before, so when you think they're really interested in you, I hate to say it but not really. Like I said they just interview anyone without looking at the apps first) I was professional at all times, they were interested in everything I said, I studied the history of the company like I would for my history test and I got all questions they asked reguarding the history correct. During the 4 interviews I was interviewed by all crew members and team members, and was given a tour of the kitchen along with a video tour, just to get an email a week later that I was not going to be given an offer, like really? I found out they didn't look at my app until after those 4 interviews, and I couldn't work full time since I was I'm high school at the time. I think you should really think before you take interest in working there, because chipotle will put you through so much just to decline you later. And 4 interviews I think it's a little extreme for just a fast food restuaraunt making 8 bucks an hour. Most restaurants (including fine in) will put you through 2 maximum. 4 interviews is something you'd go through with like a big company corporation where you'd wear a suite and tie. So yeah waste if time, I'll never apply their again. Makes me so angry, I was a loyal costumer to chipotle, but after this, it makes me not wanna eat their anymore.

Interview Questions
    • Who is Steve ells? (Owner and founder of chipotle. Opened the 1st restuaraunt I'm Columbus Ohio in 1993)   View Answer

Team Member Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in July 2014.

Applied online. Phone call from "john" 3 weeks later asking to come in for an interview 2 days later. "john" was not there, two different interviewers instead. It was a group interview, a total of 3 girls (including me) and all the same race. Not that it matters but was noticeable. "John" called me the next night , literally almost 9pm, asking for a second interview because my first one was amazing,he said. Went in the next day and noticed 2 other girls, same race again but different girls (hmm..), waiting for their second interview as well. There was one under dressed mexican as well. I was called in first (individual interview), and "john" was there this time with one of the previous interviewers.. they kept asking me about college, I was willing to work full time or part time, basically work around schooling, however, I made it clear it was still my priority to get my BA(I only had 2more years to go, why stop). They asked other questions, seemed enthused and impressed with my answers, a couple laughs, and was told to expect a call on Monday (it was thursday). I got an automated email 2 hours after that interview that I was not offered a position lol. It seemed sketchy from the beginning. If they want a crew of non experienced puppets, no match here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

The whole process was a bit rocky as the interviewer seemed surprise applicants were at the door at the designated on an email sent out to applicants. However, she prepared it soon and it was pretty smooth asking you basic questions such as experience and what you bring to the company.

I received a job offer however the interviewer never got back to me about it.

Interview Questions
    None as they never called me back about the job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview process was HORRIBLE. You enter for your interview and you sit there and wait for over an hour they see that youre there for an interview and they purposly have you sit there and wait when you have other places to be during the day. When the interview finally happens...you sit there and listen to them talk about the business. They ask you one question then ask you to go home and do research (even though i did already and they never gave me a chance to prove it) and to come in for a second interview. In the second interview same as the first they ask you one question and spend the whole time talking about themselves they give you a paper with a list of company things to memorize and set up a 3rd interview. I got to this point and received an email same night that they didn't hire me how do they know my true work potential if I only got to answer 2 questions??(turns out they interview you 4 times at most then make you wait weeks for an answer who has time for that?) My experience just from an interview stand point was not good. I'm happy they didn't hire me because of the way they treated their employees while I sat there waiting. They are HIGHLY unproffesional. They swear left and right (in front of customers even with children around) and one of the employees was getting yelled at in the back by a manager (how empowering). Do not work at Chipotle. I've never heard a good story from them. One more thing. They're looking for employees that have tattoos and peircings multi colored hair and a childish nonchelant attitude. They aren't looking for professionalism based off of the way they acted while I was there. Thank you Chipotle for not hiring me. I wish to be viewed as a professional not a degenerate. Chipotle store location: Mesa, AZ near superstition springs mall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moreno Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moreno Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

I applied online and got an email saying they wanted me to come in for an interview. Didn't mention it was a group interview. I was interviewed with I think 5 other people and he only asked three questions about ourselves because, he stressed, teamwork was really important. I didn't get called back for a second interview.

Team Member Interview

Applied online, got called I believe the next day or so for an interview, went in to the store, group interview with one of the managers (was supposed to be two of them but the other one couldn't show up), asked us questions, and then we were told that if they wanted us, they'd email us for a second interview and if not, they decided to pass up on our application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Monrovia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monrovia, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

I applied for the position in Monrovia, CA. I received an email stating the time/date of the interview and it said that if I was unavailable to meet at that time, I should email the store and reschedule. I emailed the store, not once, but TWICE, and never received a response. The only email response I got was an automated one saying that I didn't get the job. Um.. yeah? Maybe because your store manager never checked their emails.

Interview Questions

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!