Chipotle

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Glendale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2014.

Interview Details – I mean it was a waste of time and gas money to be honest. Also, it's not hard to get an interview at all, they'll interview just about anyone. The problem is, chipotle does not look at the applications until after the interview process (which is stupid) I've applied to like 10 locations, it was the same thing: group interview, waste of time, plus the manager doesn't interview you until like 30 minutes after you were scheduled to come in. Heck, half the time you don't even get interviews by the manager, just a team member. One particular location I went through a four interview process, the 1st was one on one while the other 3 were group interviews. (Which I can't stand, they'll never tell you that before, so when you think they're really interested in you, I hate to say it but not really. Like I said they just interview anyone without looking at the apps first) I was professional at all times, they were interested in everything I said, I studied the history of the company like I would for my history test and I got all questions they asked reguarding the history correct. During the 4 interviews I was interviewed by all crew members and team members, and was given a tour of the kitchen along with a video tour, just to get an email a week later that I was not going to be given an offer, like really? I found out they didn't look at my app until after those 4 interviews, and I couldn't work full time since I was I'm high school at the time. I think you should really think before you take interest in working there, because chipotle will put you through so much just to decline you later. And 4 interviews I think it's a little extreme for just a fast food restuaraunt making 8 bucks an hour. Most restaurants (including fine in) will put you through 2 maximum. 4 interviews is something you'd go through with like a big company corporation where you'd wear a suite and tie. So yeah waste if time, I'll never apply their again. Makes me so angry, I was a loyal costumer to chipotle, but after this, it makes me not wanna eat their anymore.

Interview Question – Who is Steve ells? (Owner and founder of chipotle. Opened the 1st restuaraunt I'm Columbus Ohio in 1993)   View Answer

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – The whole process was a bit rocky as the interviewer seemed surprise applicants were at the door at the designated on an email sent out to applicants. However, she prepared it soon and it was pretty smooth asking you basic questions such as experience and what you bring to the company.

I received a job offer however the interviewer never got back to me about it.

Interview Question – What would you do if an irritated customer comes in?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None as they never called me back about the job offer.

Very Easy Interview

Mesa, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was HORRIBLE. You enter for your interview and you sit there and wait for over an hour they see that youre there for an interview and they purposly have you sit there and wait when you have other places to be during the day. When the interview finally happens...you sit there and listen to them talk about the business. They ask you one question then ask you to go home and do research (even though i did already and they never gave me a chance to prove it) and to come in for a second interview. In the second interview same as the first they ask you one question and spend the whole time talking about themselves they give you a paper with a list of company things to memorize and set up a 3rd interview. I got to this point and received an email same night that they didn't hire me how do they know my true work potential if I only got to answer 2 questions??(turns out they interview you 4 times at most then make you wait weeks for an answer who has time for that?) My experience just from an interview stand point was not good. I'm happy they didn't hire me because of the way they treated their employees while I sat there waiting. They are HIGHLY unproffesional. They swear left and right (in front of customers even with children around) and one of the employees was getting yelled at in the back by a manager (how empowering). Do not work at Chipotle. I've never heard a good story from them. One more thing. They're looking for employees that have tattoos and peircings multi colored hair and a childish nonchelant attitude. They aren't looking for professionalism based off of the way they acted while I was there. Thank you Chipotle for not hiring me. I wish to be viewed as a professional not a degenerate. Chipotle store location: Mesa, AZ near superstition springs mall.

Interview Questions

Moreno Valley, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and got an email saying they wanted me to come in for an interview. Didn't mention it was a group interview. I was interviewed with I think 5 other people and he only asked three questions about ourselves because, he stressed, teamwork was really important. I didn't get called back for a second interview.

Interview Question – Name a time where you failed at something and why?   Answer Question

Team Member

Interview Details – Applied online, got called I believe the next day or so for an interview, went in to the store, group interview with one of the managers (was supposed to be two of them but the other one couldn't show up), asked us questions, and then we were told that if they wanted us, they'd email us for a second interview and if not, they decided to pass up on our application.

Interview Question – When was a time you made someone happy?   Answer Question

Monrovia, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – I applied for the position in Monrovia, CA. I received an email stating the time/date of the interview and it said that if I was unavailable to meet at that time, I should email the store and reschedule. I emailed the store, not once, but TWICE, and never received a response. The only email response I got was an automated one saying that I didn't get the job. Um.. yeah? Maybe because your store manager never checked their emails.

Interview Question – Did not have one.   Answer Question

North Las Vegas, NV

Interview Details – was called in to an interview after online application. Was a casual group interview asked question such as why do you want to work here, tell me about yourself, what do you know about chipotle

Interview Question – How do you respond to criticism?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

La Mesa, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2014.

Interview Details – It was a really simple process. I just filled out the online application and got an email the following day or so. I went to a job fair a couple days later and a total of eight other candidates were there. I was taken outside with two other girls and it was very relaxed. Very conversational.

Interview Question – Know some history on Chipotle (if you have netflix you can watch Inside Chipotle). An unexpected question was "If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?"   Answer Question

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chipotle.

Interview Details – It was group interview. They were looking for experience workers. Interviewers were not paying attention to the group.They were very distracted. Only spoke to the person who had the most work experience. There was no eye contact. But very fast to contact for a job interview.

Interview Question – Why Chipole?   Answer Question

West Caldwell, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chipotle in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted about a day after applying. When i arrived at the interview there was about 9-10 people in total. They split us into two groups (5 &5). There were 5 managers or workers that interviewed us. They has a strong Spanish accent and we were interviewed amid the loud, upbeat atmosphere so it was hard to hear. They asked us each a few basic questions and then asked us about our experience with Chipotle. At the end, they asked us if we had any questions. I asked when would we hear back from them. They said the Tuesday coming up (interview date was on a Friday) and if we didn't hear from them then they chose a different person. I still called to make sure I was not chosen but the manager was not there.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose this job over any of the places/stores/restaurants around here?   View Answer
  • Have you eaten at any other Chipotle place? Where? How did it compare to this one?   View Answer
  • What was the difference between the chipotle you went to and the chipotle here   View Answer

Worked for Chipotle? Contribute to the Community!