Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Chiquita Brands
- Logistic Analyst (4)
- Accountant (1)
- Accounting Supervisor (1)
- Recruiter (1)
- Human Resources (1)
- Dispatch (1)
- Quality (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Packaging Engineer (1)
- Transportation Planner (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Process Engineering Manager (1)
- Manager (1)
- Administrative Co-Op (1)
- Vmware/Storage (1)
- Logistics Co-op (1)
- Service & Support Analyst (1)
- Senior Analyst Network (1)
- Analyst (1)
- Business Development (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.
Interview process was fast and simple. I got recommended by a current employee. They have some behavior questions but nothing complicated. Managers are very down to earth persons made me feel very comfortable counting that I get extremely nervous on interview to the point that I loose my voice sometimes :( It was a very good experience !
- Accepted Offer
Recruiter, phone screen, hiring Manager phone screen, in facility interview with 5 to 6 Managers. After the interview, a plant tour was given by the hiring Manager. Then back to talk to HR Manager for next steps.
- Talked about my qualifications. Situational questions. Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands.
Was contacted by HR to discuss opportunity which I would be responsible collaborating with a customer in a particular market segment. The customer was a major player and I had experience working with them before. The person spoke a mile a minute and you can tell she was nervous or inexperienced. And I thought I was nervous? Either way, when I first was reached out to, I didn't get an immediate response for several days.
- Standard questions about background. However a technical question that was not on the job description was asked which I did not meet the qualification. She stopped the interview right there abruptly and said there wasn't a fit. Do you think it would be equally beneficial to the potential employee and interviewer that all critical qualifications be stated in the job description? In the end, I was still very qualified for the position. My opinion is that the HR person didn't have the experience to hire a position that is technical, therefore it hurt both me and Chiquita in the end. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in June 2014.
The interview was quite simple and didn't last long. I was asked about my experience in the sports events area and non-profits. We went over salary for duration of position, what is expected of you, the environment and what to expect when the position ends in the Fall.
- There were no difficult or unexpected questions Answer Question
- Accepted Offer
Entered in through the back door. Interview was informal and lax. Interviewed with two managers. the questions were very straight forward and easy to answer. environmnet was very relaxed
- Questions involved explaining resume. relating past job experience to current position Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.
Initial contact from unknown person asking to connect via LinkedIn, followed by phone conversation and introduction. Further phone screening by HR, then multiple face-to-face interview (one day, 6 separate interviews 45-60 minutes), multiple follow-up in-depth phone interviews.
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.
Contacted by outside recruiter, initial phone interview with HR, phone interview with hiring manager, on site 1:1 interviews with 5-6 associates representing different departments. Everything and everyone I saw, heard, and talked to were a class act all the way.
- All were situational, none were overly difficult or unfair. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Nothing to do with salary, everything to do with intangibles.
Helpful (2)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands in September 2013.
1. Initial phone screening with HR recruiter 2. Phone interview with transportation manager 3. In person interview at headquarters with 2 transportation managers at the same time, one manager was in HQ, the other manager had to conference call from California
- What have you done to improve operations, such as saving money or time? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in May 2013.
Was emailed to schedule a phone interview. In the phone interview she asked about my employment background. There was one requirement of the job to know how to work with Blackberry Enterprise. Once I stated that I hadn't worked with that before (which was not listed on my resume in the 1st place), she ended the call stating it was a requirement.
- Basic questions about your background Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Chiquita Brands in April 2013.
I went through temp agency, then I went ahead and received interview with Supervisor. He then let the agency know if I would start. Went back through temp agency to do background and drug test. After the drug test then was notified by agency of start time and date.
- What do you enjoy doing in spare time? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review