Chiquita Brands Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.6

Process Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial contact from unknown person asking to connect via LinkedIn, followed by phone conversation and introduction. Further phone screening by HR, then multiple face-to-face interview (one day, 6 separate interviews 45-60 minutes), multiple follow-up in-depth phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to fill the gap between what you have done and this new business?   1 Answer
    • What book or literature has had biggest impact on your professional existence?   1 Answer
    • What do you expect to be your biggest challenge in this role?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

I had a phone conversation with the Head of Recruiting and then and in-person. From there, then came back to meet several HR Generalists and the Head of HR. After that I had several more conversations with the Head of Recruiting and we also met again for coffee. This was a new role and we were working out the details. Overall, the process moved quickly.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward. Multiple behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered, I countered, they accepted.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Chiquita Brands in September 2013.

Interview

1. Initial phone screening with HR recruiter 2. Phone interview with transportation manager 3. In person interview at headquarters with 2 transportation managers at the same time, one manager was in HQ, the other manager had to conference call from California

Interview Questions

• What have you done to improve operations, such as saving money or time?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Network Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Chiquita Brands (San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)) in November 2010.

Interview

I guess this is a very interesting company that offers some opportunities and benefits but they must be focused on the compensation to the employees that I consider needs to b reviewed.

Interview Questions

• What does passive state means on EIRGP   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very fast

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chiquita Brands (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process was fast and simple. I got recommended by a current employee. They have some behavior questions but nothing complicated. Managers are very down to earth persons made me feel very comfortable counting that I get extremely nervous on interview to the point that I loose my voice sometimes :( It was a very good experience !

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Chiquita Brands.

Interview

Was contacted by HR to discuss opportunity which I would be responsible collaborating with a customer in a particular market segment. The customer was a major player and I had experience working with them before. The person spoke a mile a minute and you can tell she was nervous or inexperienced. And I thought I was nervous? Either way, when I first was reached out to, I didn't get an immediate response for several days.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about background. However a technical question that was not on the job description was asked which I did not meet the qualification. She stopped the interview right there abruptly and said there wasn't a fit. Do you think it would be equally beneficial to the potential employee and interviewer that all critical qualifications be stated in the job description? In the end, I was still very qualified for the position. My opinion is that the HR person didn't have the experience to hire a position that is technical, therefore it hurt both me and Chiquita in the end.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Chiquita Brands (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online and received an inviation for a phone interview within days. The phone screen occured very quickly and covered the basics of the job and my background. Within a month, I had completed an onsite interview, which consisted of two 1:1 interviews and a 1:2 interview. The company made it easy for me to reach my destination and was flexible in arranging for travel. I received a verbal offer less than two weeks later.

Vmware/Storage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

The position is located in Charlotte,NC , so you have a interview first with the recruiter. The recruiter has only been on the job with the company a month, so he really does not have any details of the position. He is not technical at all, so it leaves you blind-side walking into the interview process. He then schedule you a call with the IT Manager over phone from Texas area. The Manager is not friendly at all, he start the process by calling late for first phone interview. The manager then ask you a couple of questions about your job situation and what your day to day task. The manager seems like he is not excited enough to even be interviewing, he is not a people person at all. I know from the beginning I did not want to go work for a company where the IT Manager has an huge ego. I can imagine if you have any questions about the job, he is not the person to go to for the answer. The interview was boring!!!!

Interview Questions

• What is your environment like day to day, your day to day operations How much storage do you have in your environment and what types of systems you are using in your environment Do you have DR site setup for your environment How many VM's do you have in your environment, he ask about VMotion alot How many user do you support He ask about AD experience   Answer Question

Logistic Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

It was an initial phone interview with HR, then a phone interview with the outgoing Supply Manager, then a personal interview with the outgoing and incoming supply manager.

Interview Questions

• What is the most creative thing you have ever done at work?   Answer Question

Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chiquita Brands (Charlotte, NC) in April 2012.

Interview

I had an initial interview with recruiter, then a phone interview with hiring manager and senior HR rep, and finally an in office interview with hiring manager and also an in office phone interview with another manager. Questions were basic about background and work experience. Everyone I spoke with was very nice and it seemed like a great place to work. The recruiter was awesome and even discussed things to highlight in my background with the hiring manager.