Chiquita Brands Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 1, 2014
19 interviews

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

Entered in through the back door. Interview was informal and lax. Interviewed with two managers. the questions were very straight forward and easy to answer. environmnet was very relaxed

Interview Questions
    • Questions involved explaining resume. relating past job experience to current position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chiquita Brands in August 2012.

A phone interview with HR, followed by phone interview with Hiring Manger

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral questions. They asked me whether I am familiar with Access.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chiquita Brands in January 2013.

Applied online received a call next week; was placed on hold for 5 minutes after she came back was told that because I have a degree in a social science "I shouldnt apply for this position" and "why am I applying for jobs outside of the state"

Service & Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Chiquita Brands in May 2013.

Was emailed to schedule a phone interview. In the phone interview she asked about my employment background. There was one requirement of the job to know how to work with Blackberry Enterprise. Once I stated that I hadn't worked with that before (which was not listed on my resume in the 1st place), she ended the call stating it was a requirement.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online - interviewed at Chiquita Brands in July 2012.

Initial Phone Interview

Interview Questions
    • They wanted to know if you have used Microsoft Access.   View Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Chiquita Brands in January 2012.

I had a phone conversation with the Head of Recruiting and then and in-person. From there, then came back to meet several HR Generalists and the Head of HR. After that I had several more conversations with the Head of Recruiting and we also met again for coffee. This was a new role and we were working out the details. Overall, the process moved quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty straight forward. Multiple behavioral questions   Answer Question
    They offered, I countered, they accepted.

Logistics Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, San Jose (Costa Rica)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Chiquita Brands in August 2011.

Good and easy

Accounting Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Morrow, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Morrow, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Chiquita Brands in June 2012.

Had a phone call with the recruiter and then the Controller and then was able to get an onsite interview. The onsite was interested. I was shoved around from room to room and was apologized to constantly. I can tell most people at the plant were racist.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions about background. Nothing earth shattering. There were several panel interviews. This is the format they like to use.   View Answer

Racist people at plant. Overhead the HR person saying she didn't care what they did with me. Was shuffled around on interviews. People don't care about folks - they pretend but they are ridiculous.

Administrative Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chiquita Brands in June 2014.

The interview was quite simple and didn't last long. I was asked about my experience in the sports events area and non-profits. We went over salary for duration of position, what is expected of you, the environment and what to expect when the position ends in the Fall.

Business Development Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Chiquita Brands.

Was contacted by HR to discuss opportunity which I would be responsible collaborating with a customer in a particular market segment. The customer was a major player and I had experience working with them before. The person spoke a mile a minute and you can tell she was nervous or inexperienced. And I thought I was nervous? Either way, when I first was reached out to, I didn't get an immediate response for several days.

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions about background. However a technical question that was not on the job description was asked which I did not meet the qualification. She stopped the interview right there abruptly and said there wasn't a fit. Do you think it would be equally beneficial to the potential employee and interviewer that all critical qualifications be stated in the job description? In the end, I was still very qualified for the position. My opinion is that the HR person didn't have the experience to hire a position that is technical, therefore it hurt both me and Chiquita in the end.   Answer Question

Worked for Chiquita Brands? Contribute to the Community!