Chiro One Wellness Centers

Updated Jul 24, 2014
Updated Jul 24, 2014

2.4

Chiropractic Technician Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. Had to go in 2 times. There was a test to be taken in a group setting, along with group interview. Then you got picked for 2nd interview. Nothing special about the process. Sometimes I wonder how they actually pick their candidates. High turn-over rate.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. They gave one option - take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chiro One Wellness Centers in February 2014.

Initially, you are interviewed with HR via phone communication. If you are then asked to move forward, you will be interviewed at HQ with one of the CER supervisors. They spend a lot of time explaining the compensation plan, which can be a bit overwhelming, but also a little motivating. After this interview, there is still a third interview. This interview is with whoever your direct supervisor would be, should you be offered a position. They again spend a lot of time discussing the commission. This interview ends and they send you out to shadow current CERs while they are working. This is a nice window into what the position is actually like, but doesn't actually give you the full picture of how the hours actually are. After you shadow, you contact the supervisor and confirm if you are still interested, at which point they will tell HR if they want to hire you, and HR calls with the offer.

Interview Questions
    • They actually have a very informal interview and the questions are not strenuous or rehearsed. You can really just be honest and be yourself in this interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chiro One Wellness Centers in May 2013.

This job was posted as "Health and Wellness Brand Representative", by a recruiter via LinkedIn. The interview went well, and I was confident about it. She took me in a small room and sat me down, reviewed the job description, pay, hours, bonus compensation, etc. She began to focus on a specific territory for me, and I was very excited about that territory. She informed me that I would not know my schedule until 48 hours beforehand because they were short on staff at the time. Eventually, I would have a week's notice of my schedule. She explained the different types of venues that I would be working at (grocery stores, health clubs, running events, schools, universities, etc) but she said I would mostly be at grocery stores, which is where my shadow was. It was a very short interview and was offered a shadow and went on it immediately after the interview since I lived over 3 hours away. She was very respectful towards me and seemed nice, but it was one of the least professional interviews I have had. I was also asked not to talk to the people I was shadowing so they could concentrate on their "sales", which is understandable, but I was also unable to get an insight on how they liked their job.

Interview Questions

I felt great after the interview and was excited about the shadow. After shadowing, I discovered they used a "holistic" approach in order to obtain clients. It was business to customer sales. They set up a "booth" at a grocery store, and were stopping people on the way out of the door. They would stop people and ask them if they would like a spinal screening. If they had takers, the "Customer Engagement Reps" would give them a checklist that had many symptoms on it such as asthma, allergies, stomach aches, sleeplessness, etc. One rep had someone check off sleeplessness and stomach aches, and then looked up these symptoms on a "diagnostic sheet" to tell them which part of their spine may need attention. I did not want to be diagnosing people with spinal problems when they had issues that (I believe) did not relate to the spine. I do believe realignment and manipulation are beneficial to some individuals for certain back problems etc, but not asthma and allergies and other things such as those. I need to believe in the product I am selling.

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Chiro One Wellness Centers in April 2013.

I was called and screen briefly by telephone. Then, I had an in-person interview with the Marketing/PR Director and then one with HR where the benefits were explained. The experience was very positive. I felt an ease and like I gained a much deeper understanding of the position from the interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chiro One Wellness Centers in April 2013.

An initial phone interview with a hiring manager which is easy and pretty basic questions. Second interview is with a Regional Director, pleasant and typical interview questions like why you're interested etc. The final step is a 30 min - 1 hour shadow of one of the CERs at a field event. After this you send an email about that experience and whether you feel you are a fit and then they decide if they'll hire you.

Interview Questions
    There is none. You will be offered base salary plus commission based on performance.

Customer Advocate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Chiro One Wellness Centers in April 2013.

The interview process is long however, positive. Telephoning screening first and then in person interview.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Chiro One Wellness Centers in May 2012.

Complete online application, phone screened, testing, in person interview with 3 people

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, the HR team made me feel confrontable.   Answer Question
    3 days.

Long Process Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Chiro One Wellness Centers in March 2011.

I've interview twice with this company. Both times I got a call just two days before the interview so it may be hard to get the time off work to go. The first interview is just a group interview where you here the recruiter talk about the company and her success in there. The only thing you have to do is introduce yourself and give one reason why you would be good for the job and properly say vertebral subluxation.

Then if you get a call for a second interview you'll meet with another recuriter one on one and she'll ask you some questions i.e is the pay and hours good for you, and how far are you willing to travel. The interview only takes about 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • The only question your asked at the first interview is to give them one reason why they should hire you.   Answer Question
    • In the second interview the only questions they ask are if the hours and pay are good for you, and how far you're willing to travel.   Answer Question
    You can not negotiate hours or pay. You must accept the pay and hours they offer. The only other advice I could give would be to do some serious research into the company. They don't have a good reputation and a lot of unhappy employees.

Chiropractic Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chiro One Wellness Centers in April 2010.

The interview process is broken down into two parts. A big group interview with a recruiter, then if you get thru that, a 2nd interview with the owner. The group interview is a just a way to weed out the weakest potential employees. You all introduce yourselves in front of everyone, they talk a little bit about chiropractic, then you take a test on basic math and filing. If you get thru that, the 2nd interview is almost a guarantee to get the job, they just go over your resume in person, ask some questions about your employment and about you to make sure you'll fit, sign some paperwork and then you're hired. Then you're off to a 6 week intensive crash course on how to be a CT/CA. It can be intense. Some people quit during that time. You're only allowed to get under 80% three times before they kick you out. And for a lot of these people, they've never worked in chiropractic, let alone a healthcare setting, so it can be very overwhelming. But you make some good connections along the way before you're off to your separate clinics.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were all very straightforward. Nothing was unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation happened.