Choice Hotels

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sandston, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Choice Hotels.

Interview Details – very quick in easy.. they do not make applications only resumes

Interview Question – nothing difficult all he wants to know is if your willing to work hard for min. pay   View Answer

Negotiation Details – you will only get min wage he is very cheap so there is no negotiation

North Liberty, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Choice Hotels in July 2013.

Interview Details – These are franchised to small business owners usually, so each is different most dont require much previous skill

Interview Question – Government paperwork   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Choice Hotels in February 2013.

Interview Details – Unprofessional from the get-go, I was told to come in and hired the same day to start the next. No warning or anything. The questions were basic hotel operation questions, I was told to show up at 1:00 and the interview didn't start till 1:45. I sat in the lobby awkwardly until that point with nothing else to do. I wasn't given an apology or anything like that.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one, I was told I would be paid a certain amount and after hire told a different amount.

Annapolis, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Choice Hotels in September 2008.

Interview Details – Sent an email through snagajob.com The general manager had a pretty relaxed attitude (but still professional) and the questions were not hard, and as long as you knew generally what kinds of things to say you will pass the interview. The general manager who hired me though has since passed away (Jim Crouch was a great man)... and I don't think that the owner has/had the exact same philosophy/ideals as Jim, so I don't know how it is there now with a totally different GM. But The hiring process was easy, the job was for the most part very easy. There's not really room for advancement though unless/until the gm moves on.

Interview Question – None that difficult. Just look up potential interview questions and have a good attitude to work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none - I accepted $9.00 hourly.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Choice Hotels

Worked for Choice Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Choice Hotels Front Desk Agent interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Choice Hotels employees and interview candidates.