Choice Hotels

Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Front Desk Clerk
Lafayette, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Choice Hotels in August 2013.

Interview Details – I first seen the ad for hire in Craigslist on a Wednesday. Put my app in the next day. I got a call for my interview that Saturday. I had a lot of questions and my boss was able to answer them all confidently. He asked a lot of strength/ weakness questions. My favorite question was why I wanted to work there. My answer was to meet people. I noticed that everything was very neat and tidy. ( I know that is a sign of a lot if work) he offered me a grand tour if whole hotel. There was a lot of emphasis on high standard cleaning. I was hired that day and started the next day.

Interview Question – Could my new boss accomadate my old jobs work hours? I was working two jobs one at current hotel and one in a factory 35 miles away. He did.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I flat out informed him that I was looking for a certain amount and would not leave the job I had for less than certain amount.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Front Desk Clerk
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Choice Hotels in April 2008.

Interview Details – be advised that speech is key in the hiring process, speak clearly and precise with confidence. hotel experience is sometimes necessary but not required, if you don't have previous hotel experience usually what works best if you've been a manager or supervisor. you should know how many rooms are in the hotel, what accommodation do they provide, and what sorts of restaurants and facilities are around the area. also different ways on how to get to the hotel needs to be learned.

Interview Question – what can you do to improve our hotel   View Answer

Negotiation Details – depending on your experience, you can negotiate on days you would like, and pay, ive turned out not to ever work on Fridays and weekends.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Choice Hotels

Worked for Choice Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Choice Hotels Front Desk Clerk interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Choice Hotels employees and interview candidates.