Choice Hotels

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.4

Summer Internship Interview

I applied though university career website and received an email for an interview within a week. First round behavior questions on the phone. The interviewer was really nice and prepared. Second round interview with 5 managers in the office. It took the whole morning, so please be prepared and stay energetic. questions were focusing on teamwork, projects and leaderships.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you work with a terrible person.   Answer Question

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Choice Hotels in August 2013.

I first seen the ad for hire in Craigslist on a Wednesday. Put my app in the next day. I got a call for my interview that Saturday. I had a lot of questions and my boss was able to answer them all confidently. He asked a lot of strength/ weakness questions. My favorite question was why I wanted to work there. My answer was to meet people. I noticed that everything was very neat and tidy. ( I know that is a sign of a lot if work) he offered me a grand tour if whole hotel. There was a lot of emphasis on high standard cleaning. I was hired that day and started the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Could my new boss accomadate my old jobs work hours? I was working two jobs one at current hotel and one in a factory 35 miles away. He did.   Answer Question
    I flat out informed him that I was looking for a certain amount and would not leave the job I had for less than certain amount.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Liberty, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Liberty, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Choice Hotels in July 2013.

These are franchised to small business owners usually, so each is different most dont require much previous skill

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Choice Hotels in July 2013.

it wasnt a very long interview process. The assistant general manager called me about 2 weeks after i submitted my application. i came in they asked me a couple of questions about my customer service expierience i just mainly kept a smile on my face and told them what they wanted to hear ;) And about a week later my backround check came in and they asked me to come in the same day for training,

Interview Questions
    • Have your ever dealt with a difficult customer or guest and knew you handled the situation appropriately but still got penalized?   Answer Question

Franchise Sales and Applications Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Choice Hotels.

I applied for the position and got a call about two weeks later. They scheduled me for 4 interviews in one day: the potential manager, director of HR, HR recruiter, and a manager of a department that works closely with this position.

Everyone was very nice and respectful, but seemed reserved. They didn't ask me very many questions. I feel like it would have been good to be more proactive in the interview and more engaging.

Interview Questions
    • The HR director wanted specific stories about past working experience: "Tell me about a time when you and a coworker shared work or traded responsibilities."   Answer Question

Revenue Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Choice Hotels.

Just couple of questions about resume and interview with 3 people.

Partnership Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Choice Hotels.

It was a simple application process (resume & cover letter) which led to a three-part, in-depth interview with three company executives. Everyone was very nice, and they asked both general interview questions, as well as more difficult ones such as how you would individually contribute to the company/strategies, etc.

Interview Questions
    • How will you contribute to the company/the company's partnership strategies?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Choice Hotels in February 2013.

Unprofessional from the get-go, I was told to come in and hired the same day to start the next. No warning or anything. The questions were basic hotel operation questions, I was told to show up at 1:00 and the interview didn't start till 1:45. I sat in the lobby awkwardly until that point with nothing else to do. I wasn't given an apology or anything like that.

There wasn't one, I was told I would be paid a certain amount and after hire told a different amount.

Front Desk/Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Choice Hotels in October 2012.

Initially I thought they were desperate for help, their only concern was that I had experience and could start the next day.

Interview Questions
    Quick, they told me how much and i said ok.

Search & Affiliate Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Choice Hotels in August 2012.

Painful and very very long. Initial app direct thru company website. 30 min HR screening interview ok. Subsequent interview with SVp arranged which was then cancelled at 15 minutes notice and was advised job was on hold. Heard back following week and rearranged. Met with HR and SVP remotely for v brief (25 min meeting). A month later after various mis-communications and ignored time requests was invited back for another meeting with numerous managers, VPs. 2 hours. My performance in this meetign was not great. Mitigating circumstance was that there were 5 people (some of whom were pleasant and courteous) in the room and one remote by video. Finally there was a phone interview with yet another SVP where I was asked a series of banal and irrelevant Qs. Weeks then passed. I enquired as to status twice and was advised "2/3weeks". During one of these periods I met a Choice employee at a conference who described the place as "F-d up". A further enquiry in early October was met with a 3-4 week estimate. I called after 4 weeks and was told they had offered the job to another candidate. This whole process took 5 months. I don't object to not being hired - I didn't interview all that well - but their whole approach was arrogant, inconsiderate of the candidate and completely dysfunctional. I'm not certain I wld have accepted if it had been offered having been dicked about so much. In short, not recommended.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with attribution for non branded search ( or something)   Answer Question