Choice Hotels

2.4

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandston, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Choice Hotels.

very quick in easy.. they do not make applications only resumes

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult all he wants to know is if your willing to work hard for min. pay   View Answer
    you will only get min wage he is very cheap so there is no negotiation

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Choice Hotels in October 2013.

random

signed a paper

IT Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Choice Hotels in October 2013.

It took about 3 months to get the final result. I talked to them on university recruiter and had on campus interview with them. There was 2 interviewer, questions based on behavior questions. 3 weeks later, got a email from them to have an final interview/lunch.

Interview Questions
    • what is your favor music on your ipad. (Not sure how am I suppose to answer this question)   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

I applied though university career website and received an email for an interview within a week. First round behavior questions on the phone. The interviewer was really nice and prepared. Second round interview with 5 managers in the office. It took the whole morning, so please be prepared and stay energetic. questions were focusing on teamwork, projects and leaderships.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when you work with a terrible person.   Answer Question

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Choice Hotels in August 2013.

I first seen the ad for hire in Craigslist on a Wednesday. Put my app in the next day. I got a call for my interview that Saturday. I had a lot of questions and my boss was able to answer them all confidently. He asked a lot of strength/ weakness questions. My favorite question was why I wanted to work there. My answer was to meet people. I noticed that everything was very neat and tidy. ( I know that is a sign of a lot if work) he offered me a grand tour if whole hotel. There was a lot of emphasis on high standard cleaning. I was hired that day and started the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Could my new boss accomadate my old jobs work hours? I was working two jobs one at current hotel and one in a factory 35 miles away. He did.   Answer Question
    I flat out informed him that I was looking for a certain amount and would not leave the job I had for less than certain amount.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Liberty, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Liberty, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Choice Hotels in July 2013.

These are franchised to small business owners usually, so each is different most dont require much previous skill

Guest Service Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Choice Hotels in July 2013.

it wasnt a very long interview process. The assistant general manager called me about 2 weeks after i submitted my application. i came in they asked me a couple of questions about my customer service expierience i just mainly kept a smile on my face and told them what they wanted to hear ;) And about a week later my backround check came in and they asked me to come in the same day for training,

Interview Questions
    • Have your ever dealt with a difficult customer or guest and knew you handled the situation appropriately but still got penalized?   Answer Question

Franchise Sales and Applications Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Choice Hotels.

I applied for the position and got a call about two weeks later. They scheduled me for 4 interviews in one day: the potential manager, director of HR, HR recruiter, and a manager of a department that works closely with this position.

Everyone was very nice and respectful, but seemed reserved. They didn't ask me very many questions. I feel like it would have been good to be more proactive in the interview and more engaging.

Interview Questions
    • The HR director wanted specific stories about past working experience: "Tell me about a time when you and a coworker shared work or traded responsibilities."   Answer Question

Revenue Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Choice Hotels.

Just couple of questions about resume and interview with 3 people.

Front Desk Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Choice Hotels in June 2013.

I was called in for the first interview in person. The Hiring Manager, no longer at the company, asked all of the common questions. It was very simple and exactly what I expected for a low paying, hourly position. I didn't hear back again until they called to offer the position. After being hired, they admitted my references didn't check out but I was still hired because the GM and Asst GM were physically attracted to me. Extremely unprofessional. No drug test after being hired.

I was able to negotiate an additional $2/hour from $10 to $12. She originally said she didn't have room to negotiate but obviously she did.