Choice Hotels

Average Difficulty
33 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

North Liberty, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Choice Hotels in July 2013.

Interview Details – These are franchised to small business owners usually, so each is different most dont require much previous skill

Interview Question – Government paperwork   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship

Interviewed at Choice Hotels

Interview Details – I applied though university career website and received an email for an interview within a week. First round behavior questions on the phone. The interviewer was really nice and prepared. Second round interview with 5 managers in the office. It took the whole morning, so please be prepared and stay energetic. questions were focusing on teamwork, projects and leaderships.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you work with a terrible person.   Answer Question

Franchise Sales and Applications Interview

Franchise Sales and Applications

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Choice Hotels.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and got a call about two weeks later. They scheduled me for 4 interviews in one day: the potential manager, director of HR, HR recruiter, and a manager of a department that works closely with this position.

Everyone was very nice and respectful, but seemed reserved. They didn't ask me very many questions. I feel like it would have been good to be more proactive in the interview and more engaging.

Interview Question – The HR director wanted specific stories about past working experience: "Tell me about a time when you and a coworker shared work or traded responsibilities."   Answer Question

Revenue Analyst Interview

Revenue Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Choice Hotels.

Interview Details – Just couple of questions about resume and interview with 3 people.

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Partnership Marketing Specialist Interview

Partnership Marketing Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Choice Hotels.

Interview Details – It was a simple application process (resume & cover letter) which led to a three-part, in-depth interview with three company executives. Everyone was very nice, and they asked both general interview questions, as well as more difficult ones such as how you would individually contribute to the company/strategies, etc.

Interview Question – How will you contribute to the company/the company's partnership strategies?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Choice Hotels in February 2013.

Interview Details – Unprofessional from the get-go, I was told to come in and hired the same day to start the next. No warning or anything. The questions were basic hotel operation questions, I was told to show up at 1:00 and the interview didn't start till 1:45. I sat in the lobby awkwardly until that point with nothing else to do. I wasn't given an apology or anything like that.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one, I was told I would be paid a certain amount and after hire told a different amount.

Senior Coordinator, Human Resources Interview

Senior Coordinator, Human Resources
Silver Spring, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Choice Hotels in October 2009.

Interview Details – Two rounds of interviews, background check and computer skills assessment.

Interview Question – No difficult questions just rough intimidating Interviewers. They need customer service training.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

Search & Affiliate Manager Interview

Search & Affiliate Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Choice Hotels in August 2012.

Interview Details – Painful and very very long. Initial app direct thru company website. 30 min HR screening interview ok. Subsequent interview with SVp arranged which was then cancelled at 15 minutes notice and was advised job was on hold. Heard back following week and rearranged. Met with HR and SVP remotely for v brief (25 min meeting). A month later after various mis-communications and ignored time requests was invited back for another meeting with numerous managers, VPs. 2 hours. My performance in this meetign was not great. Mitigating circumstance was that there were 5 people (some of whom were pleasant and courteous) in the room and one remote by video. Finally there was a phone interview with yet another SVP where I was asked a series of banal and irrelevant Qs. Weeks then passed. I enquired as to status twice and was advised "2/3weeks". During one of these periods I met a Choice employee at a conference who described the place as "F-d up". A further enquiry in early October was met with a 3-4 week estimate. I called after 4 weeks and was told they had offered the job to another candidate. This whole process took 5 months. I don't object to not being hired - I didn't interview all that well - but their whole approach was arrogant, inconsiderate of the candidate and completely dysfunctional. I'm not certain I wld have accepted if it had been offered having been dicked about so much. In short, not recommended.

Interview Question – How would you deal with attribution for non branded search ( or something)   Answer Question

Annapolis, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Choice Hotels in September 2008.

Interview Details – Sent an email through snagajob.com The general manager had a pretty relaxed attitude (but still professional) and the questions were not hard, and as long as you knew generally what kinds of things to say you will pass the interview. The general manager who hired me though has since passed away (Jim Crouch was a great man)... and I don't think that the owner has/had the exact same philosophy/ideals as Jim, so I don't know how it is there now with a totally different GM. But The hiring process was easy, the job was for the most part very easy. There's not really room for advancement though unless/until the gm moves on.

Interview Question – None that difficult. Just look up potential interview questions and have a good attitude to work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none - I accepted $9.00 hourly.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Front Desk Clerk
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Choice Hotels in April 2008.

Interview Details – be advised that speech is key in the hiring process, speak clearly and precise with confidence. hotel experience is sometimes necessary but not required, if you don't have previous hotel experience usually what works best if you've been a manager or supervisor. you should know how many rooms are in the hotel, what accommodation do they provide, and what sorts of restaurants and facilities are around the area. also different ways on how to get to the hotel needs to be learned.

Interview Question – what can you do to improve our hotel   View Answer

Negotiation Details – depending on your experience, you can negotiate on days you would like, and pay, ive turned out not to ever work on Fridays and weekends.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Choice Hotels