Christiana Care Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2015

2.4

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Christiana Care.

Interview

easy and quick. Very friendly managers and recruiters. Everything is done in a timely manner. Make you feel comfortable during the enterview. Plenty of opportunities for questions. Called back the same day after the enterview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Christiana care   1 Answer

Student Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Christiana Care (Newark, DE) in May 2015.

Interview

Overall, it is very informal. I met with three groups of people. Mostly talked about the different aspects of this internship; technical skills, past experience, and teamwork experience. After meeting with the team, I had a phone interview with the HR to discuss compensation, and schedule. The lady was very nice and professional. The pay was not as well as I expected.

Interview Questions

• Why Christiana Care, why healthcare. Why did I leave my last position.   Answer Question

Patient Care Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Christiana Care (Wilmington, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

Got a phone call about recieving an interview, was called onto the unit and had the interview with the floor nursing manager & also the scheduling manager sat in. Went very well- basic "why do you want to be a nurse, and what experience do you have so far:" "Why do you want to work on this type of floor" etc. Followed up with a background check online & a phone call from HR with another interview with basically scenario questions basic nursing drill. They offered me the position over the phone with hourly rate and scheduling. Very great experience

Interview Questions

• 5 good qualities about myself (always hard for me to give myself the credit i deserve)   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was negotiable but i asked for less money then they offered. I said 13$ would be reasonable and they said all Patient Care Tech externs recieve 14.97$

Staff RN/E Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Christiana Care (Newark, DE) in May 2013.

Interview

I met with the manager who did not ask me one question regarding my experience or job history. Less than 5 minutes were spent in the interview process and then I was taken to observe the working staff and permitted to ask questions. I was given the impression that the interview was merely a formality and that I would be offered the position as I was highly qualified.

Senior HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Christiana Care (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

I have been called by a manager and scheduled phone round interview. And phone round went around 40 minutes. All are behavioral questions..like 1. What is the innovative idea that you have given? 2. When is the time you have learnt something new for your job? 3. What is the most you like in your current job?

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected...I was able answer almost all of them. But after 2 days, I got an email that I am not short listed for further process.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Christiana Care in January 2013.

Interview

If you receive an interview in IT, be prepared to wait a while as they have to coordinate schedules. So you may be waiting a while just to get in. If you do your research, you'll see that there are a lot of IT folks that have been there for quite a while. Also one thing to note is to watch the job postings as they "renew" them. So you may see a spot come and go, but that job positing has been there for months. I got the feeling that they are very picky, so look at the job requirements, and the more you fit, the better your chances.

Interview Questions

• The interviews vary between departments, but be prepared to discuss your current/past duties. You will most likely have a long detailed and lengthy interview process that is tailored to your current skills set.   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Christiana Care (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Took a month to get the interview after submitting online application then over 2 weeks for the offer and another 2 weeks before orientation started; met with HR first then the assistant Nurse Manager

Interview Questions

• Can't recall any difficulty during the interview process for a staff position   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none they sent me a letter with the offer and it was comparable to my then current salary in Phila but with a better schedule

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Castle, DE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Christiana Care (New Castle, DE) in July 2012.

Interview

Was behind the scenes of HR. Didn't get hired the normal route.

Negotiation

Took a week or two. I told them I wanted more money, and they came a lot higher than their initial offer, but still not what I wanted. After starting I found out that there was still wiggle room in the banding. I think Senior Analyst is 86 - 105?

Biomedical Equipment Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Christiana Care (Newark, DE) in October 2009.

Interview

I interviewed first with HR, and one on one interview, then I interviewed with the Director, and Supervisor. All in all, both interviews lasted about 3.5 hours. I left the interview feeling as though I did not get the job, but the next day they called and gave me an offer. I accepted and started one month later.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now.   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was really no negotiating. With my lack of experience, I was happy to land the job.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Christiana Care in September 2010.

Interview

I met first with the recruiter, who was very familiar with the organization, Once it was determined that there was mutual interest, the recruiter arranged for a phone interview with the hiring manager, and gave me an overview of the type of questions I could expect. The phone interview occurred as scheduled, lasted 1/2 hour,, and went as expected with no suprises. The physical interview was not scheduled for almost a month later. It was a full day of interviews, meeting with members of various IT departments.

Interview Questions

• There really weren't any unusual questions posed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a bit on salary, only to find out after hire that I came in at below midpoint for the position.