Christie's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

2.7

Cataloger Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Christie's.

Interview

The interview and hiring process is generally just frustrating from start to finish. Chances are you will just not hear back from HR following your interview, regardless of how many times you follow up. I had interviewed with 4 different HR people for 4 different positions and never received any response following those interviews. I finally heard back on my 5th attempt.

Interview Questions

• General questions about background, areas of art interests and experiences.   Answer Question

Winter Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Christie's.

Interview

applied online and then was called for a phone interview. The interview process was nice and straight to the point. The interviewer was very nice. She asked me about my resume and why I was interested in interning for Christie's. The overall experience was very positive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Christie's (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was no difficult. I prepared for some questions which I though the interviewer would ask, but she only went through my resume, and asked for my long-term career direction. Then she introduced the achievement of the department in the past year, as well as the tasks for interns. Very nice lady.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Christie's.

Interview

I was referred by an employee. We set up the interview through email. I met with two employees at the same time in their office. The process took about a month.

Interview Questions

• Easy interview. No unexpected questions. Both interviewers were extremely nice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

School credit.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied on company website, very straight forward and easy. Then got an email a few weeks later asking if I could do a phone interview with the person I would be working for. Phone interview was on time and about 15 minutes long. The questions were simple. Got an offer within 2 days.

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Christie's (New Haven, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

A Christie's interviewer came to my college to conduct interviews for applicants applying to their year-long internship. Despite having only submitted my resume, I was still contacted for an interview, which lasted about forty-five minutes. It was a typical interview with all of the stereotypical questions, which made it a bit difficult to stand out in what was a competitive pool.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Christie's.

Interview

Applied online for a job and HR called me in for an interview pretty quickly. The interview went very well but it is hard to get a response to the status of your interview after waiting for over a month. It is just nice to get a yes or no for closure.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a quick decision you had to make that may have effected others?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Christie's.

Interview

Applied online in March and got email in July. It took me nearly 4 months to get the email. Very basic questions. Why Christie's, future career plan, qualifications, why are you the best candidate for this position, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate my schedule

Business Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Christie's (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

4 rounds of interview. Phone interview, in person interview with HR. Asked you to describe your job responsibilities and why you see that you are the best fit for the position. Was offered to meet in person right away. Once met HR in person, I was given the opportunity to meet two business managers separately. Finally director. The overall process went smoothly as long as your working experience qualify what they are looking for.

Administrator Interview

Interview

Very basic interview. On the same day, I had interviews with both HR and the specialist department. The interviewers seemed disinterested in my course of study and keener on my experiences, which for a specialist department seem a bit bizarre. From start to finish the process took a month.