Christie's Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

2.8

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Christie's.

Applied online for a job and HR called me in for an interview pretty quickly. The interview went very well but it is hard to get a response to the status of your interview after waiting for over a month. It is just nice to get a yes or no for closure.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example of a quick decision you had to make that may have effected others?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Christie's.

Applied online in March and got email in July. It took me nearly 4 months to get the email. Very basic questions. Why Christie's, future career plan, qualifications, why are you the best candidate for this position, etc.

Negotiate my schedule

Administrator Interview

Very basic interview. On the same day, I had interviews with both HR and the specialist department. The interviewers seemed disinterested in my course of study and keener on my experiences, which for a specialist department seem a bit bizarre. From start to finish the process took a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Christie's in April 2014.

I applied online and weeks later received a call from HR. Went for first interview. Days later, called back for second/final interview. Don't expect to get a yes or no from HR. Completely unresponsive.

Gallery Operations Interview

Initial communication was made by an assistant in the HR office, with an invitation to come in for an interview. I came from out-of-state for what turned out to be a 20-minute window that the recruiter scheduled. Upon realizing I had come from afar (though all my materials and communication were clear about my location, desire to relocate), the recruiter asked me to come back and meet again later in the afternoon. Not the most organized process.

PR Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Christie's.

It took 3 weeks to get the interview and the process is under very nice environment. And the interviewer just walked through my resume and tell me something about the tasks of the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Christie's in January 2014.

There were 200 applicants, 30 interviews conducted. It was only the first round of interviews with the HR Recruiter, then you met with two people inside of the department being applied to. Since the department was Post-War Contemporary there was a lot of competition and even though it is listed as an administrator role, they were really looking for someone much more experienced and preferably in-house.

Interview Questions
    • Most important to them seems to be experience with (high-level) client relationships and they want specific examples.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

relatively straightforward

Art Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Christie's.

After the standard resume review, one is brought into the warehouse to look at various artworks and give one's opinion with regards to origin, dating and possible market value.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, which was my fault.

Spring Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Christie's in November 2013.

Was contacted by Asian Art department administrator, and interviewed by the same person. The interview was very basic, just some basic behavioral questions and asked you to introduce yourself in a sentence or two. The very department I was interviewed at was very small, had only three employees not including the one intern they were looking to hire. So I would say the working environment is pretty restricted, but in any ways, it's just a guess.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to comment on the most recent Asian Art Week sales. Did not prepare at all, so didn't do it well.   Answer Question