Christie's

35 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Gallery Operations Interview

Interviewed at Christie's

Interview Details – Initial communication was made by an assistant in the HR office, with an invitation to come in for an interview. I came from out-of-state for what turned out to be a 20-minute window that the recruiter scheduled. Upon realizing I had come from afar (though all my materials and communication were clear about my location, desire to relocate), the recruiter asked me to come back and meet again later in the afternoon. Not the most organized process.

PR Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Christie's.

Interview Details – It took 3 weeks to get the interview and the process is under very nice environment. And the interviewer just walked through my resume and tell me something about the tasks of the position.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

IT Support Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Christie's in May 2010.

Interview Details – Too Long and drawn out. They were too interested in telling me about the company then knowing about my experience. Too many personal questions were asked as if to figure into the equation if my lifestyle will effect my performance.

Interview Question – Haw many Children do I have   View Answer

Negotiation Details – non negotiable. What they said is what you get and you don't get upset. Not willing to offer anything outside of the rate they had given. Nothing extra to look forward to or incentives for good work.

Administrator Interview

Administrator
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Christie's in January 2014.

Interview Details – There were 200 applicants, 30 interviews conducted. It was only the first round of interviews with the HR Recruiter, then you met with two people inside of the department being applied to. Since the department was Post-War Contemporary there was a lot of competition and even though it is listed as an administrator role, they were really looking for someone much more experienced and preferably in-house.

Interview Question – Most important to them seems to be experience with (high-level) client relationships and they want specific examples.   Answer Question

Winternship Intern Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Christie's in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, and several weeks later had a skype interview. Usual stuff, but I have one tip:
1. Know. Your. Resume.

For every sentence you have there, they will ask you to explain it.

Interview Question – "Are you ok with doing repetitive, manual work"?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unpaid interns don't negotiate

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Christie's

Interview Details – relatively straightforward

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Art Specialist Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Christie's.

Interview Details – After the standard resume review, one is brought into the warehouse to look at various artworks and give one's opinion with regards to origin, dating and possible market value.

Interview Question – How much would you estimate (this artwork) is worth?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, which was my fault.

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Christie's.

Interview Details – Spoke with two departments over the phone before being offered a position within one department.

Interview Question – What sets you apart from other candidates?   Answer Question

General Human Resources Interview Interview

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Christie's in April 2013.

Interview Details – The HR rep e-mailed me set up a time and I came in the next week. It was a very general and basic informational interview from HR. seemed to be more for my benefit than for the company. I learned about the hiring process and was told to keep checking online for an available job posting from the website and then contact my interviewer if I ended up applying for any positions

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Christie's.

Interview Details – sent an email to apply and get the response in two months. the interview is in a friendly way.

Interview Question – what is your plan for this intern   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Christie's

Worked for Christie's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Christie's interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by Christie's employees and interview candidates.