Christmas Tree Shops

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops in January 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted via telephone for initial
 interview. This is done by a field specialist. Two weeks after this interview I was contacted for a face to face with District Manager. They were flexible in scheduling this interview.

Interview Question – There were two openings for Assistant Manager, one in Operations and the other Planning. Unexpected to be asked which I would prefer and my interview was not specific as to what position I was being interviewed for. Salary was also not specific but ball park.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Stocker Interview

Stocker
Downingtown, PA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops in May 2011.

Interview Details – Standard process. Filled out app. Two days later got a call, phone type interview. Next day someone called to schedule interview with local store mgr. interviewed with mgr. asked for availability, showed me store and told me to come in next day to fill out papers and work.

Interview Question – None. Not a whole lot of questions....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Salary was listed. No negotiation.

Management Interview

Management
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops.

Interview Details – phone screen was typical - sent to a local store to interview with no information on who the interviewer would be - interviewed with 3 people one after the other

Interview Question – more the lack of professionalism - attributed it to the "casual dress code" at first - realized too late (after working there) that it was the tip of the iceberg   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was offered more than asked for - at the time the decision was based solely on monetary package

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops.

Interview Details – I walked in with an employee (manager) referral, filled out an application and was immediately seen by a manager for an interview. She explained to me what the companies goals were and what my main job would be. She asked about previous work experience and my goals.

Interview Question – She asked about handling different situations with customers and fellow employees and how I would handle them. While moderately mundane these question can prove to be trick questions and trap you in a wrong answer.   Answer Question

Assistant Planner Interview

Assistant Planner

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops.

Interview Details – You will interview with multiple people including peers as well as members of the management team. The interviews will take 3-4 hours to complete. Your references will be checked. I received an offer a day or two after my final interviews.

Interview Question – What is the most complex thing you ever created in Excel?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Management
South Portland, ME

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops.

Interview Details – I applied online. Was contacted within a week by an HR manager to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour. The HR manager was very pleasant and personable. Typical interview questions. Tell me about your job responsibilities at your last place of employment, what is your customer service philosophy, what kind of merchandising and product ordering experience do you have. Apparently they order 90% of their selection which is the complete opposite of my last employer where everything is auto replenished. At the end of the phone interview the HR manager thanked me and said she'd like to set me up for an interview with the area District Manager. That interview lasted about an hour as well. Similar questions. The conversation was less formal though, he didn't have a list of questions he was going through, just more of a free flowing discussion. Very professional and quite pleasant. He explained their mgmt structure. Everyone starts at a dept manager level and advances from there. I was an assistant manager prior to that so I expressed concern about my salary requirements. I was told if I was selected for the position, my prior pay will be matched. At the end of the interview the DM said, he has a few more applicants to interview and I will be contacted regarding the outcome. Haven't heard back yet. Fingers crossed.

Interview Question – N/a   Answer Question

Back Room Associate Interview

Back Room Associate
Fayetteville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops in October 2012.

Interview Details – called me in for interview, and back for orientation. that simple!

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Rockaway, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed on a 1on 1 basic employee interview. In aquiet area where the interviewee could get to know me and find out background experiance. I discussed availabilty and work experiance. I gave a little of information on my home life and my family. went very well,as I was told I had good communication skills,and was polite.

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiating. I was told that I was going to start out at a certain amount.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Portsmouth, NH

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied, and didn't get a call back for 3 weeks afterwards. The interview lasted around an hour, and was very detailed. The manager (at the time, now she's moved to another location) was very thorough, and very kind. She also had a sense of humor. The interview was one-on-one, which was nice because I feel they get to know you better, and learn what you have to offer. The rest of the staff was friendly and helpful. My advice to future applicants; be very thorough and detailed with your question answers, but do not drag on the answers too long, or go off on other topics.

Interview Question – What can you bring to Christmas Tree Shops that's unique to your character?   Answer Question

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Customer Service Coordinator
Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops in September 2010.

Interview Details – Initial interview was fine. It was a 1 on 1 interview. Then spoke over the phone. About 2 weeks later, there was interview in a mass setting at a hotel meeting lounge. A few weeks later there was orientation at the same location. Then I was called with a schedule for three weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying at a entry level position?   View Answer
  • Would I be willing to start as a cashier?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process. I was told what i was offered. I was told it was the most available for that position.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Christmas Tree Shops? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Christmas Tree Shops interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Christmas Tree Shops employees and interview candidates.