Christmas Tree Shops Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.4

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops (Middleboro, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume and received an e-mail for an interview the following day. Interview was easy, straight forward, and very relaxed. Simple questions and took a total of 26 minutes from start to finish. Received drug test paperwork and was told I'd hear back end of the following day. 4 weeks of training included and the only available shifts were 3pm-midnight or 6pm-midnight.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a policy at your previous job that you did not agree with.   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops (Deer Park, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Led into a room along with a bunch of other people. Waited for a good amount of time while others were being interviewed. There was primarily one manager doing the interviews.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic HR questions to determine if it was possible for you to easily work with people, as this job demands patience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops in October 2014.

Interview

I went through an outside recruiter who put me in touch with the corporate recruiters at Christmas tree shops. Everyone I had spoken too was very friendly. I then interviewed with the district Hr rep and the district Manager. After a week they call and gave me the full offer I was asking for.

Interview Questions

• Interview was more of a conversation than grilling questions. Very favorable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple, gave me my full amount.

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops (Middleborough, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

From start to finish, the entire process took one week. I applied on the Wednesday before last week online and got a call back the next day for an interview this past Wednesday. The day after the interview I was called back to sign papers for a drug test that I completed today. I received a job offer as soon as my drug test results were available which is the same day.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult customer service experience you had and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as the rate of pay is preset prior to applying.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops (Middleboro, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Long interview with a test on navigating multiple sites, the usual self analizing of ones self, the interviewer could not answer the one question I had, all in all I should have stayed at my job and not bothered with this one, this was the second time I was offered a job with CTS.

Interview Questions

• Most ridiculous question>>>>When is it right to call out of work or be late?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops (New York, NY).

Interview

phone screen was typical - sent to a local store to interview with no information on who the interviewer would be - interviewed with 3 people one after the other

Interview Questions

• more the lack of professionalism - attributed it to the "casual dress code" at first - realized too late (after working there) that it was the tip of the iceberg   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was offered more than asked for - at the time the decision was based solely on monetary package

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops.

Interview

I walked in with an employee (manager) referral, filled out an application and was immediately seen by a manager for an interview. She explained to me what the companies goals were and what my main job would be. She asked about previous work experience and my goals.

Interview Questions

• She asked about handling different situations with customers and fellow employees and how I would handle them. While moderately mundane these question can prove to be trick questions and trap you in a wrong answer.   Answer Question

Assistant Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops.

Interview

You will interview with multiple people including peers as well as members of the management team. The interviews will take 3-4 hours to complete. Your references will be checked. I received an offer a day or two after my final interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the most complex thing you ever created in Excel?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops (South Portland, ME).

Interview

I applied online. Was contacted within a week by an HR manager to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour. The HR manager was very pleasant and personable. Typical interview questions. Tell me about your job responsibilities at your last place of employment, what is your customer service philosophy, what kind of merchandising and product ordering experience do you have. Apparently they order 90% of their selection which is the complete opposite of my last employer where everything is auto replenished. At the end of the phone interview the HR manager thanked me and said she'd like to set me up for an interview with the area District Manager. That interview lasted about an hour as well. Similar questions. The conversation was less formal though, he didn't have a list of questions he was going through, just more of a free flowing discussion. Very professional and quite pleasant. He explained their mgmt structure. Everyone starts at a dept manager level and advances from there. I was an assistant manager prior to that so I expressed concern about my salary requirements. I was told if I was selected for the position, my prior pay will be matched. At the end of the interview the DM said, he has a few more applicants to interview and I will be contacted regarding the outcome. Haven't heard back yet. Fingers crossed.

Back Room Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops (Fayetteville, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

called me in for interview, and back for orientation. that simple!