Christmas Tree Shops

2.4

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleborough, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops in October 2014.

From start to finish, the entire process took one week. I applied on the Wednesday before last week online and got a call back the next day for an interview this past Wednesday. The day after the interview I was called back to sign papers for a drug test that I completed today. I received a job offer as soon as my drug test results were available which is the same day.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult customer service experience you had and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as the rate of pay is preset prior to applying.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleboro, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleboro, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops in March 2014.

Long interview with a test on navigating multiple sites, the usual self analizing of ones self, the interviewer could not answer the one question I had, all in all I should have stayed at my job and not bothered with this one, this was the second time I was offered a job with CTS.

Interview Questions
    • Most ridiculous question>>>>When is it right to call out of work or be late?   View Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops.

phone screen was typical - sent to a local store to interview with no information on who the interviewer would be - interviewed with 3 people one after the other

Interview Questions
    • more the lack of professionalism - attributed it to the "casual dress code" at first - realized too late (after working there) that it was the tip of the iceberg   Answer Question
    Was offered more than asked for - at the time the decision was based solely on monetary package

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops.

I walked in with an employee (manager) referral, filled out an application and was immediately seen by a manager for an interview. She explained to me what the companies goals were and what my main job would be. She asked about previous work experience and my goals.

Interview Questions
    • She asked about handling different situations with customers and fellow employees and how I would handle them. While moderately mundane these question can prove to be trick questions and trap you in a wrong answer.   Answer Question

Assistant Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops.

You will interview with multiple people including peers as well as members of the management team. The interviews will take 3-4 hours to complete. Your references will be checked. I received an offer a day or two after my final interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most complex thing you ever created in Excel?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Portland, ME

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops.

I applied online. Was contacted within a week by an HR manager to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour. The HR manager was very pleasant and personable. Typical interview questions. Tell me about your job responsibilities at your last place of employment, what is your customer service philosophy, what kind of merchandising and product ordering experience do you have. Apparently they order 90% of their selection which is the complete opposite of my last employer where everything is auto replenished. At the end of the phone interview the HR manager thanked me and said she'd like to set me up for an interview with the area District Manager. That interview lasted about an hour as well. Similar questions. The conversation was less formal though, he didn't have a list of questions he was going through, just more of a free flowing discussion. Very professional and quite pleasant. He explained their mgmt structure. Everyone starts at a dept manager level and advances from there. I was an assistant manager prior to that so I expressed concern about my salary requirements. I was told if I was selected for the position, my prior pay will be matched. At the end of the interview the DM said, he has a few more applicants to interview and I will be contacted regarding the outcome. Haven't heard back yet. Fingers crossed.

Back Room Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops in October 2012.

called me in for interview, and back for orientation. that simple!

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downingtown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downingtown, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Christmas Tree Shops in May 2011.

Standard process. Filled out app. Two days later got a call, phone type interview. Next day someone called to schedule interview with local store mgr. interviewed with mgr. asked for availability, showed me store and told me to come in next day to fill out papers and work.

Interview Questions
    None. Salary was listed. No negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops in January 2011.

Consisted of a phone interview by a HR manager who was very upbeat and nice. Typical questions and interview like why do you want to work for the Christmas Tree Shop, what experience do you have in retail and then went on to talk about the Christmas Tree Shop and how they start management all the same as department managers.............and then they move up from there.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at the Christmas Tree Shop   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Christmas Tree Shops in November 2010.

I was interviewed on a 1on 1 basic employee interview. In aquiet area where the interviewee could get to know me and find out background experiance. I discussed availabilty and work experiance. I gave a little of information on my home life and my family. went very well,as I was told I had good communication skills,and was polite.

there was no negotiating. I was told that I was going to start out at a certain amount.