Christopher Newport University

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Newport News, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Christopher Newport University in March 2010.

Interview Details – Simply spoke with a professor of one of my upper level physics class who worked at Jefferson Lab. Next class, 2 days later, let me know that their was grant money available and that I could start as soon as the semester ended. A very easy and painless process, no formal interview.

Interview Question – No real formal interview so no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation involved, hourly rate was set by the university.

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor
Newport News, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Christopher Newport University in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, campus visit

Interview Question – Continued questioning about whether or not I had children   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Newport News, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Christopher Newport University.

Interview Details – It was very easy, I was hired on the spot

Interview Question – what type of ice cream am I?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – nah, it was set pay

Deputy Chief of Auxilary Operations Interview

Deputy Chief of Auxilary Operations
Newport News, VA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Christopher Newport University in March 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring official contacted me directly by email to set up a time for a telephone interview. Prior to this the HR department sent me a formal letter acknowledging receipt of my application…nice. On the day of the interview, the hiring official called promptly at the agreed time. The interview was conducted by a panel of four that included the hiring official, the official’s supervisor, and two individuals who would be supervised by the vacant position. Questions took place in a round robin format. The toughest questions revolved around how I would enforce a policy that I did not necessarily agree with. There was also time for me to ask questions about the position and work environment. The entire interview took 1 hour.
Two weeks after the interview view I was contacted for an on campus follow up interview however the school did not have the funding to cover my plane ticket since I live on the west coast. Overall my impression is that CNU would have been a very good organization for a solid work environment.

Interview Question – How would you enforce a policy that you did not necessarily agree with?   Answer Question

Worked for Christopher Newport University? Contribute to the Community!