Christopher & Banks

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Buyer Interview

Assistant Buyer
Plymouth, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Christopher & Banks in April 2012.

Interview Details – Uploaded resume and received call for scheduling phone interview about a week after uploading. Started with a phone interview with the recruiter for HR.

Was invited back for a 1:1 interview about 4 days later (Phone interview on a Friday, 1:1 interview was on the following Friday), met with a Sr Buyer for interview & HR recruiter for discussion of benefits offered.

Was called on the following Monday and asked to interview with another Sr Buyer the next day, Tuesday. Interviewed with the Buyer, then the Associate Buyer, then the Sr Buyer for a different department during this round of interviews.

After SIX INTERVIEWS and yet ANOTHER week of waiting time, I finally heard back and was not chosen to move forward. Which, quite frankly, is alright because when we discussed salary and I stated that I needed to be making at least what I currently make now (in which my current title is considerably below an Assistant Buyer position) I was told that my request was way too high. After reading more reviews on the company, I see that many reviews state "too much work, not enough pay" and "does not pay competitively", which I now understand.

Interview Question – Why are you looking for a new job?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Christopher & Banks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Christopher & Banks Assistant Buyer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Christopher & Banks employees and interview candidates.