Christopher & Banks

Updated Dec 31, 2014
Updated Dec 31, 2014

2.5

FT Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Christopher & Banks.

Applied via website, got called the following week to set up an interview the next day with Store manager. Lots of questions about work history and different scenarios. Said that the DM would call and do a phone interview. DM offered me position that night.

Interview Questions
    • When have I had a situation where I had to build a team up to meet goals.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, was offered higher wage than I was going to ask for so I accepted.

Key Holder Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Christopher & Banks.

Needed 3 recommendations, questioned my references as if they were applying for a job. When I went in for interview is was comfortable and with only one person, the district manager. She was nice and uplifting. gave me false hope on available positions. She stated a position was available that was not.

Interview Questions
    What negotiation? They offered a pay rate.

Part-Time Assistant Manager Interview

Hand in an application at whichever store you want to apply at, then there will be an interview with the store manager, either phone or in person.

Interview Questions
    • The mock sell was the most difficult. how to respond to and deal with difficult customers.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because i was offered something better then what i was previously getting.

Human Resources Recruiting Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Christopher & Banks in March 2014.

Applied online, got emailed to set up a phone interview. Phone interview very basic, strengths and weaknesses walk me through your resume etc. Got called back for an in person interview a week later. Met with three people from HR department. Very easy interview, no behavioral questions, mostly just walking through resume.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Christopher & Banks in April 2013.

Started with a Skype interview and there were problems so we switched to a phone interview. After that there was a second interview at the office where I interviewed one on one with EVERY member of the team - 4 interviews in total in the office.

There wasn't really any negotiation. I was an intern so I took what they gave me (which wasn't much at all).

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Christopher & Banks in April 2012.

Uploaded resume and received call for scheduling phone interview about a week after uploading. Started with a phone interview with the recruiter for HR.

Was invited back for a 1:1 interview about 4 days later (Phone interview on a Friday, 1:1 interview was on the following Friday), met with a Sr Buyer for interview & HR recruiter for discussion of benefits offered.

Was called on the following Monday and asked to interview with another Sr Buyer the next day, Tuesday. Interviewed with the Buyer, then the Associate Buyer, then the Sr Buyer for a different department during this round of interviews.

After SIX INTERVIEWS and yet ANOTHER week of waiting time, I finally heard back and was not chosen to move forward. Which, quite frankly, is alright because when we discussed salary and I stated that I needed to be making at least what I currently make now (in which my current title is considerably below an Assistant Buyer position) I was told that my request was way too high. After reading more reviews on the company, I see that many reviews state "too much work, not enough pay" and "does not pay competitively", which I now understand.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Christopher & Banks in October 2011.

Was recruited for this position. Was called by district manager to ask if I was intrested and set up phone interview. Was called back for phone interview. Second interview done by corporate personel. Called by back DM and offered postion.

Retail Merchandise Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Christopher & Banks in April 2011.

Got a phone call within 2 days of uploading resume and a phone interview was scheduled for following week. Actual phone interview was somewhat brief, a bit awkward in tone, and hard to know if they were interested. Not much opportunity to highlight my skill set/relevant experience; more a series of general SBO-type questions. Ended up NEVER hearing back one way or another. Disappointing to not get at least some feedback.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you didn't deliver on expectations.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Christopher & Banks in May 2010.

Applied for position on line was contacted the next day and set up an interview, Had the interview on Tuesday was contacted and ask to come back in the next day to meet with DM. Interviewed with the DM and 2 days later was asked to start the next day.

There was no negotiating. Salary was offered. It was low but I needed a job so I took the job.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eureka, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eureka, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Christopher & Banks in April 2009.

The interview process was good. I had 2 interviews. One with the district Manager. One with the regional manager. Questions were easy. Good interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was esy. Easy questions. Just talked about past job experiance   Answer Question
    They made me a offer. I countered offered. We met in the middle.