Christopher & Banks

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Part-Time Assistant Manager Interview

Interviewed at Christopher & Banks

Interview Details – Hand in an application at whichever store you want to apply at, then there will be an interview with the store manager, either phone or in person.

Interview Question – The mock sell was the most difficult. how to respond to and deal with difficult customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because i was offered something better then what i was previously getting.

Intern Interview

Intern
Plymouth, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Christopher & Banks in April 2013.

Interview Details – Started with a Skype interview and there were problems so we switched to a phone interview. After that there was a second interview at the office where I interviewed one on one with EVERY member of the team - 4 interviews in total in the office.

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really any negotiation. I was an intern so I took what they gave me (which wasn't much at all).

Eureka, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Christopher & Banks in April 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was good. I had 2 interviews. One with the district Manager. One with the regional manager. Questions were easy. Good interview.

Interview Question – The interview was esy. Easy questions. Just talked about past job experiance   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They made me a offer. I countered offered. We met in the middle.

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Christopher & Banks in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was recruited for this position. Was called by district manager to ask if I was intrested and set up phone interview. Was called back for phone interview. Second interview done by corporate personel. Called by back DM and offered postion.

Interview Question – Would I be willing to manage two stores.   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Plymouth, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Christopher & Banks in April 2012.

Interview Details – Uploaded resume and received call for scheduling phone interview about a week after uploading. Started with a phone interview with the recruiter for HR.

Was invited back for a 1:1 interview about 4 days later (Phone interview on a Friday, 1:1 interview was on the following Friday), met with a Sr Buyer for interview & HR recruiter for discussion of benefits offered.

Was called on the following Monday and asked to interview with another Sr Buyer the next day, Tuesday. Interviewed with the Buyer, then the Associate Buyer, then the Sr Buyer for a different department during this round of interviews.

After SIX INTERVIEWS and yet ANOTHER week of waiting time, I finally heard back and was not chosen to move forward. Which, quite frankly, is alright because when we discussed salary and I stated that I needed to be making at least what I currently make now (in which my current title is considerably below an Assistant Buyer position) I was told that my request was way too high. After reading more reviews on the company, I see that many reviews state "too much work, not enough pay" and "does not pay competitively", which I now understand.

Interview Question – Why are you looking for a new job?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Christopher & Banks in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for position on line was contacted the next day and set up an interview, Had the interview on Tuesday was contacted and ask to come back in the next day to meet with DM. Interviewed with the DM and 2 days later was asked to start the next day.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiating. Salary was offered. It was low but I needed a job so I took the job.

Retail Merchandise Planner Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Christopher & Banks in April 2011.

Interview Details – Got a phone call within 2 days of uploading resume and a phone interview was scheduled for following week. Actual phone interview was somewhat brief, a bit awkward in tone, and hard to know if they were interested. Not much opportunity to highlight my skill set/relevant experience; more a series of general SBO-type questions. Ended up NEVER hearing back one way or another. Disappointing to not get at least some feedback.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time when you didn't deliver on expectations.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Phillipsburg, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Christopher & Banks in September 2007.

Interview Details – was short not a lot of question

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – was none i just accepted

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Christopher & Banks in November 2011.

Interview Details – still waiting through the process, DM that I interviewed with was very nice and listened. very polite and very open

Interview Question – Why I left my previous employer?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Christopher & Banks in September 2009.

Interview Details – First was a phone interview. Then I flew out to corporate to meet the Regional and Director of Stores. They interviewed me at the airport.

Interview Question – What would you do if sales were down but the Manager is telling you that no one is coming into the store?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Christopher & Banks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Christopher & Banks interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Christopher & Banks employees and interview candidates.