Chrysler

50 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Communications Intern Interview

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chrysler in January 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out the first application. A couple weeks later, I filled out an additional application and form allowing them to perform an in-depth background check. A couple weeks later, I had an interviewed scheduled at the headquarters in Auburn Hills. My interview was about an hour long. Be sure to bring writing and video samples. Got a decision about two weeks later.

Interview Question – We did some role playing that involved me working an event that required me to get a picture for a reporter right away. They wanted to know what I would do. The interview was behavior based.   View Answer

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Chrysler in June 2013.

Interview Details – -Apply via Chrysler website
-If interested, you will be asked to come in for an interview
-Interview consists of set questions from a HR sheet with your potential manager; they will sometimes ask their own questions
-If you are selected, you need to undergo a background and drug check

Interview Question – "What would you do in (insert scenario)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate salary

Senior Buyer Interview

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chrysler in February 2010.

Interview Details – Initial face to face with 2 managers, then another interview with a director.

Interview Question – If hired, what Chrysler product will I drive?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Information and Communication Technology Intern Interview

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chrysler in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through their website. Received an email about 2 weeks later to schedule an on-campus interview. Asked to tell them about myself. Other than that, they asked pretty easy behavioral questions. Contacted me 3 days later with an offer. Overall a smooth interview process from start to finish.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Intern position so no negotiation was available.

Quality Intern Interview

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and interviewed at Chrysler.

Interview Details – Interview was pleasant, they were very friendly. Mostly conversational with 3 STAR questions. If you are prepared it should be a breeze.

Interview Question – Talk about a time you failed, used innovation and were involved in a project and what you contributed.   Answer Question

CIE Engineer Interview

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chrysler in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was an intern interviewing for a CIE position at Chrysler. The process was pretty smooth. The HR representatives efficiently contacted me and set up a meeting time and place. I was interviewed by two people: one senior level engineer and one HR representative. The interviewers were late and arrived separately. The engineering interviewer was really nice, told me to relax and started asking me about my prior experience. I did not even get to talk about my experience with Chrysler and the project I'd been working on when the second interviewer walked in. She immediately took over the interview and made things extremely uncomfortable. She started out by asking if I was an intern and what department I was in, even though she should have known that information. She was completely unprepared and it showed. She seemed very rude and made no effort to make the interview less awkward. I continued with the interview, and at the end she asked about my graduation date. When I said I was still waiting to hear back from my university about that, she started talking about another internship. She seemed reluctant to even shake my hand at the end of the interview. It was an overall unpleasant experience.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral/situational questions   Answer Question

Vehicle Integration Engineer Interview

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Chrysler in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met the hiring manager at a job fair. Spoke with him briefly and gave him my resume. He called me a week or so later and informed me that he had a contract position open that he would like me to formally interview for. He was very helpful in getting me in contact with a contract agency to represent me. As soon as I had a formal representative, we scheduled an interview. The interview was one-on-one. He asked the 'standard' behavioral interview style questions (i.e. tell me about a time when you... what actions did you take? What was the result? What did you learn from it?) along with a less formal, conversational series of questions. An offer was made within 24 hours of the interview. I am pretty certain the process was expedited for my situation because he knew that he wanted to hire me from our conversation at the job fair. He just needed to go through the formal process to make it happen. It also was expedited because the hiring manager knew I had another offer already available to me and had to give that offer a response within a few days.

Interview Question – Nothing was asked that I felt to be unusual. I don't generally like the behavioral interview style but was prepared for it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had another offer already available to me. I told my contract agency representative what the other offer was for and they were able to negotiate a higher rate than the other offer I had.

Product Development Engineering Intern Interview

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chrysler in October 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to a recruiter at my University's career fair and I interviewed with them the next week for 2 different positions. They asked me to fill out 4 different applications on their website and baout 2 weeks later an offer came through.

Interview Question – Three situational questions: Name a time that you were innovative, tell us about a time that you had a conflict with a coworker, give an example of a time you worked in a group and what you specifically contributed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. $22/hr

Lead Qualification Engineer Interview

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Chrysler in January 2013.

Interview Details – There was an initial interview with the department lead to determine if he liked me. 3 months later, the team lead contacted me for a technical interview. Then after another 4 months, they extended an offer.

Interview Question – It was very technical. I had to analyze a CAN log, down to the message level.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered, I counter-offered, they accepted.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Chrysler.

Interview Details – Phone screening with HR, then phone interview with hiring manager. Was invited in for an in person interview with hiring manager along with a couple other managers and was given a tour of the headquarters. Offer was given about 3 weeks following in person.

Interview Question – Tell us a time you were faced with a difficult co-worker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Chrysler

Worked for Chrysler? Contribute to the Community!

Chrysler – Why Work for Us?

Chrysler Group LLC, formed in 2009 to establish a global strategic alliance with Fiat S.p.A., produces Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, SRT, FIAT and Mopar vehicles and products. With the resources, technology and worldwide… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Chrysler interview questions and advice in Auburn Hills, MI. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by Chrysler employees and interview candidates.