Chrysler

2.7

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quality Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Chrysler.

Interview was pleasant, they were very friendly. Mostly conversational with 3 STAR questions. If you are prepared it should be a breeze.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time you failed, used innovation and were involved in a project and what you contributed.   Answer Question

Product Development Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Chrysler in October 2013.

Talked to a recruiter at my University's career fair and I interviewed with them the next week for 2 different positions. They asked me to fill out 4 different applications on their website and baout 2 weeks later an offer came through.

Interview Questions
    • Three situational questions: Name a time that you were innovative, tell us about a time that you had a conflict with a coworker, give an example of a time you worked in a group and what you specifically contributed.   View Answer
    No negotiation. $22/hr

Vehicle Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Chrysler in October 2013.

Met the hiring manager at a job fair. Spoke with him briefly and gave him my resume. He called me a week or so later and informed me that he had a contract position open that he would like me to formally interview for. He was very helpful in getting me in contact with a contract agency to represent me. As soon as I had a formal representative, we scheduled an interview. The interview was one-on-one. He asked the 'standard' behavioral interview style questions (i.e. tell me about a time when you... what actions did you take? What was the result? What did you learn from it?) along with a less formal, conversational series of questions. An offer was made within 24 hours of the interview. I am pretty certain the process was expedited for my situation because he knew that he wanted to hire me from our conversation at the job fair. He just needed to go through the formal process to make it happen. It also was expedited because the hiring manager knew I had another offer already available to me and had to give that offer a response within a few days.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was asked that I felt to be unusual. I don't generally like the behavioral interview style but was prepared for it.   Answer Question
    I had another offer already available to me. I told my contract agency representative what the other offer was for and they were able to negotiate a higher rate than the other offer I had.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Chrysler.

Phone screening with HR, then phone interview with hiring manager. Was invited in for an in person interview with hiring manager along with a couple other managers and was given a tour of the headquarters. Offer was given about 3 weeks following in person.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time you were faced with a difficult co-worker and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

CIE Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chrysler in August 2013.

I was an intern interviewing for a CIE position at Chrysler. The process was pretty smooth. The HR representatives efficiently contacted me and set up a meeting time and place. I was interviewed by two people: one senior level engineer and one HR representative. The interviewers were late and arrived separately. The engineering interviewer was really nice, told me to relax and started asking me about my prior experience. I did not even get to talk about my experience with Chrysler and the project I'd been working on when the second interviewer walked in. She immediately took over the interview and made things extremely uncomfortable. She started out by asking if I was an intern and what department I was in, even though she should have known that information. She was completely unprepared and it showed. She seemed very rude and made no effort to make the interview less awkward. I continued with the interview, and at the end she asked about my graduation date. When I said I was still waiting to hear back from my university about that, she started talking about another internship. She seemed reluctant to even shake my hand at the end of the interview. It was an overall unpleasant experience.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Chrysler in July 2013.

Submitted resume, got an email to set up a phone interview very quickly. Had the phone interview, took about a week but received another email saying they would like to bring me in for an in-person interview, took about another month beyond that to hear back. Went in for the interview and received an off within a week. The whole process will probably be about 3 months from submitting resume to start date.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview had a couple technical question but nothing too difficult if you had worked in that field. In person interview was the STAR format and very straight forward.   Answer Question
    Negotiated a little but the initial offer was quite solid.

Fea Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Chrysler in July 2013.

My friend recommended me this position. I had a phone interview and It was very nice to these people.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are technical questions. No unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Project Chief/Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Chrysler in June 2013.

Process moved quickly: online application, phone screen, and a request for face-to-face interview in a matter of days. Then 2 weeks and another phone interview, then 2 weeks and an offer letter.
    The system is mostly automated, and even the offer letter is distributed automatically and you can sign it without ever speaking to an HR rep!
    The

Interview Questions
    • Phone screen was all yes/no questions about qualifications, and some clarification about my background. 10 minutes long.
      Face-to-face interview was mostly situational (STAR) questions. All of the attendees were from the hiring dept, no HR or recruiters in attendance. There were 3 people and the atmosphere was friendly and easy to converse in.
        Answer Question
    The offer letter was attached to an automated email, and I could sign electronically without speaking directly to Chrysler. However, the documents didn't outline everything I needed to decide, so I called the "Talent Acquisition" contact. The first contact was friendly and helpful with answering questions, though said they aren't responsible for compensation. Apparently at Chrysler, only HR decides compensation, although I had zero contact with them throughout the process (leading me to believe the salary offer is irrelevant to my specific qualifications). TA mediated a negotiation on my behalf with HR, and after I provided HR some additional documents and background, they refused to change my offer. I had to speak with another TA contact at this point, who couldn't provide me any specifics on the logic behind my offer amount, or why HR said they felt it was a "fair offer". Not to mention that the second TA contact seeming to be annoyed to have to answer questions from a potential new hire, strangely!
    So, essentially, the "negotiation" phase was a total time waster, and I have no idea if HR even considered my case or not. If you have the ability to do so, I would recommend declining the first offer outright, as this seems to be the only method for Chrysler TA to make a revised offer.

Budget & Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chrysler in June 2013.

Applied through universities website. Was contacted probably a day later to set up a phone interview which occurred about a week after the initial application. About a week and a half later was scheduled for a phone interview. and about a week after that had a 1 v 2 face to face interview at headquarters in Auburn Hills. Overall process took about a month. Everyone from HR to the people who I interviewed with were very nice, helpful, and informative.

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Chrysler in June 2013.

-Apply via Chrysler website
    -If interested, you will be asked to come in for an interview
    -Interview consists of set questions from a HR sheet with your potential manager; they will sometimes ask their own questions
    -If you are selected, you need to undergo a background and drug check

Able to negotiate salary