Chrysler

Relevance Date Difficulty

Powertrain Benchmarking Engineer Interview

Powertrain Benchmarking Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chrysler in June 2014.

Interview Details – It took more than 10 days to get the interview after getting the call from the recruiter.
The recruiter was T.E.C. actually they sent me many positions by email for Chrysler and they chose me for that position.
it was a face to face interview with three managers from Chrysler.

Interview Question – i was expecting a technical interview but all the questions were behavior questions.
 5 or 6 questions.
  Answer Question

Battery Engineer Interview

Battery Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and interviewed at Chrysler.

Interview Details – I was asked technical as well as behavioral questions. Please be prepared to answer behavioral questions in a STAR format. You must be able to present various concepts wrt battery in a paper.

Interview Question – There were behavioral questions like winning the trust of someone, mentoring others, team work etc   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Attorney
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chrysler in June 2013.

Interview Details – I participated in a phone interview last year after I was initially contacted by a member of the talent acquisition team. Most of the questions were standard and relatively straightforward. After confirming my basic qualifications, the recruiter (who seemed overly optimistic) said I would be contacted within the next few weeks to schedule an in-person interview. Unfortunately, this never happened and I received an email saying the position had been filled.

Interview Question – All of the questions were standard and relatively staightforward.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Chrysler in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was flown in on three separate occasion (Orlando once, Detroit twice). Each interview was scheduled for 2 hours. In Orlando I flew in on the last day of the month, which meant for me to sit in a corner office for 22 minutes before anyone spoke to me. From there all I did was just chat with lower level guys and one hiring manager. Just chit chat no hard questions. After 16 weeks of waiting and no returned calls/emails the position was "cancelled" On my Detroit trips I met with all the decisions makers the first time and lost out to an "internal" candidate. I was flown back out a month later when I new position opened up. I spoke to some older gentleman who retires at the end of the week and another manager who was on his phone the whole time. All two of the three cases were sloppy and unorganized.

Don't bother trying to contact anyone with questions, they don't answer or BS their way out of it. I am bitter about the time wasted to fly out, but the lack of professionalism and organization really stuck with me.

EXPECT TO WAIT

Interview Question – What are your thoughts on relocation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Chrysler in April 2014.

Interview Details – You will receive a call from onboarding to schedule an interview, should they be interested in interviewing you for the position. The interview will be in person with an HR professional and your prospective manager. A drug screen and background check will follow after you get a call offering you the position. The rest of the process is online. Your official letter offer comes within 3 business days.

Interview Question – How are you with Guidestar?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everything is digital; there is very little opportunity to negotiate any details or discuss the position in any detail with anyone before you begin.

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Chrysler in May 2010.

Interview Details – HR call for phone interview ask question related to job profile and experience on each job requirements. Then if that stage is cleared then setup face to face interview with Engineering manager. After interview if selected they send you offer for you to accept or reject. Once you get offer you and dissatisfied you can talk to HR.

Interview Question – How you deal with difficult people   View Answer

Negotiation Details – good.

Very Easy Interview

Hybrid Engineer Interview

Hybrid Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chrysler in May 2011.

Interview Details – Super Easy. 1 Interview, No Phone interview. Went to Auburn Hills, interview was 1.5 hours or so long. Went over my resume, just got a feel for me, nothing technical.

Negotiation Details – No Negotion

Testing Engineer Interview

Testing Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Chrysler in April 2013.

Interview Details – Just one phone call. I was asked a combination of behavior question and technical questions. The questions include how does volumetric efficiency influence the engine efficiency? as well as are you aware of several software like CANalyzer, CANoe and so on.

Seat Engineer Interview

Seat Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Chrysler in May 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring manager wanted to set up a face-to-face interview, but I could not make it to the interview location, so a Skype interview was arranged instead. They were very accommodating and understanding when setting up the interview. The Skype interview went as usual with a few technical issues at first, but everything was worked out very quickly. A job offer was extended to me in a matter of hours after interviewing, but the hiring manager wanted an answer within one business day, so there was very little time to consider all factors.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you worked in a group where one or more people did not pull their weight and did not put forth the necessary effort to complete the project. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wanted to pursue other opportunities and the time given to answer yes or no was too short to consider other options.

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Chrysler in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process is comfortable in that the questions are geared towards finding out who you really are (situational questions). You want the person doing the interview to know, because you don't want a job that doesn't fit you. Being honest is the most important part. Communication is essential at Chrysler and cross-cultural communication is also essential.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of interviewing is the "What would you do with a bad employee question" - that's hard because they want you to be able to make tough calls, but sometimes "bad employees" are just the victims of bad management. I felt that they wanted me to say, that in the end, if someone doesn't perform - they need to be let go.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No salary negotiations occur. They tell you based on the job and your experience and past pay.

Worked for Chrysler? Contribute to the Community!