Chubb Corp

53 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Chubb Corp.

Interview Details – 2 interviews. One with the Underwriting Manager the other with HR. It was mostly for fit after a few quick technical questions. Everyone wanted to just chat .

Interview Question – None. Technical questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Whitehouse Station, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chubb Corp in April 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview first with an HR rep, then an in-person interview with the department head

Interview Question – all pretty standard   Answer Question

Accounting Intern (Temporary) Interview

Accounting Intern (Temporary)
Warren, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Chubb Corp.

Interview Details – I was contacted after applying online for a full time position. Had a phone interview for the full time positions but was asked back for interviews for the internship which was a glorified temp job. Took a while for me to finally come in for an interview. Three separate interviews with different managers in the department.

Interview Question – What kind of an environment do you want to work in?   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Underwriter Trainee

Interviewed at Chubb Corp

Interview Details – The process started with several rounds of phone interviews with senior underwriters. The questions were straight forward for the most part and seemed to be more conversational. After the phone interviews came the in office interviews. These interviews were conducted by managers and the questions were geared more towards the position itself.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Underwriting Service Associate Interview

Underwriting Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Chubb Corp.

Interview Details – I initially applied on company website and about two weeks later had a recruiter call me about a position I appied for. On the phone interview the recruiter talked about company background, position, my backgroud and how I might fit in. Then the recruiter asked if I would like to come in for an in-person interview. I came in the next week and I met with a manager and a supervisor. The 1 on 1 interview was very professional. After I interiewed I recieved an offer about 2 weeks later. Overall it was a great experience as the staff was very friendly and recruiters were very helpful.

Interview Question – Questions were not too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I called to check status about two weeks after interview and they said that they wanted to offer me a full time position. Recieved offer a few business days after phone call.

Programmer Intern Interview

Programmer Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Chubb Corp.

Interview Details – I had 3 phone interviews. The first was with a recruiter and the two second round interviews were with IT managers and an executive that was looking for an assistant.

Interview process consisted of two phone interviews (had I lived closer the second round would have been in person). The first interview was with a recruiter that had no programming experience so I was asked typical behavioral questions and things about my resume (why do you want to work at Chubb, what experiences do you have that qualify you for this position, tell me about a time when you led a team, ect.).

The second interview was with a IT Project Manager so they had a technical background. There were no test questions but I did have to explain past experiences and projects in more technical detail.

The interview with the executive was much more technical. Questions about data mining and things like that. The interview didn't go as well as the previous two so I guess that is why I ended up working under the other manager.

All interviews were about a half hour to an hour.

Interview Question – None were too difficult. There were no problem solving or puzzle questions. Examples: Why should we hire you, why do you want to work in IT, what do you know about Chubb? Typical interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for interns or trainees

Underwriting Trainee Interview

Underwriting Trainee

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Chubb Corp.

Interview Details – I received a call inviting me in for an interview for the following week. I came in for an afternoon of four separate interviews 45-60 minutes in length. The questions were pretty standard and since I was prepared and had had some interview experience in the insurance industry so it wasn't that bad. I interviewed on a Tuesday and received an offer on Friday of the same week.

Interview Question – To be honest, there really weren't any curveballs.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chubb Corp in December 2013.

Interview Details – The process was very easy and laid back. I was asked in, talked one on one with a representative of the company, they asked a few questions regarding education, career goals, and personality.

Interview Question – Why would you want to switch careers from your current one to this one?   Answer Question

Commercial Underwriting Trainee Interview

Commercial Underwriting Trainee
Whitehouse Station, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Chubb Corp in September 2013.

Interview Details – It started with a phone interview that was fairly basic, your average phone interview. About two months (!) later I was brought in for the first round of in-person interviewing which was 5, 30 minute interviews each of which was with different HR or Management administrators. All of them asked mainly basic questions such as when was a time you worked with a team to come to a solution? or what is a time you had to negotiate? There was also a writing sample where you have to answer what the role of an underwriter is and what experience you have that is applicable to it. The second round of in-person interviewing was another 6, 30-minute interviews with branch managers from other cities. Similar questions, but some were more direct to insurance and underwriting.

Interview Question – How will you sell your insurance or company to someone who doesn't think they need insurance? How will you separate yourself from other businesses?   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Underwriter Trainee
Warren, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Chubb Corp.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a phone screen after 3-4 weeks. Phone interview were very general behavioral questions, took about 20-30minutes. Then got an offer to come in for an on-site interview, which were 6 interviews with different managers. There were about 30 candidates total in the pool and more than half of them had relatives working at the company already. I thought it was decent position for a recent college graduate like myself, but the trainee position consisted about a year long, and they put you in any branch they want you to work in after. Overall, it was good interview experience, although the underwriter managers seemed little uptight.

Interview Question – general behavioral questions   Answer Question

Worked for Chubb Corp? Contribute to the Community!