Chubb Corp Underwriter - Personal Lines Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

3.3

Personal Lines Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Chubb Corp (Whitehouse Station, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Went to Whitehouse Station, met with 4 different Underwriting managers, great experience, also met with a trainee. They discussed everything an underwriter does and tried to determine if your skill set would be a good fit. Also submitted a piece of my writing. The trainee took us to get lunch in the cafeteria and then we had about an hour to ask her any questions, which I found to be very helpful.

Interview Questions

Personal Lines Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehouse Station, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Chubb Corp (Whitehouse Station, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

The first round of interviews involved 4 different 1:1 interviews in one day, ach lasting 30 minutes. The second round of interviews involved 2 1:1 interviews with upper management and Human Resources. They are looking for people that are able to provide excellent customer service under sometimes difficult circumstances. If you can display perserverance, customer service savvy, and a willingness to learn the trade, you'll be fine. AND BE ON TIME !!!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Chubb Corp in March 2012.

Interview

The Interview process first started out with a phone interview that lasted for about 45 mins. The lady interviewing me was mainly trying to get a understanding of why i wanted to work for Chubb. After the phone interview i was asked to come for a onsite interview. The onsite interview was a all day event that consisted of 5 1:1 interviews with both upper and lower level management that lasted 45min apiece. Each manager focused on a different aspects during the interview. I seen this as great technique because the question where not redundant. Over all the managers questions where centered around trying to see if my skills sets matched up well with the skills needed to be a successful underwriter. Aside from the 1:1 interviews was a writing sample that was stressful to think about but was not bad at all once given the topic. Overall my interview process was a long but great experience. The best advice that i can give is to really have a great understanding of what your applying for and how what you have to offer aligns with the position.