Chubb Corp

Updated Dec 21, 2014
Updated Dec 21, 2014

2.9

Underwriter Trainee Interview

The process started with several rounds of phone interviews with senior underwriters. The questions were straight forward for the most part and seemed to be more conversational. After the phone interviews came the in office interviews. These interviews were conducted by managers and the questions were geared more towards the position itself.

Underwriting Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Chubb Corp.

I initially applied on company website and about two weeks later had a recruiter call me about a position I appied for. On the phone interview the recruiter talked about company background, position, my backgroud and how I might fit in. Then the recruiter asked if I would like to come in for an in-person interview. I came in the next week and I met with a manager and a supervisor. The 1 on 1 interview was very professional. After I interiewed I recieved an offer about 2 weeks later. Overall it was a great experience as the staff was very friendly and recruiters were very helpful.

Interview Questions
    I called to check status about two weeks after interview and they said that they wanted to offer me a full time position. Recieved offer a few business days after phone call.

Programmer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Chubb Corp.

I had 3 phone interviews. The first was with a recruiter and the two second round interviews were with IT managers and an executive that was looking for an assistant.

Interview process consisted of two phone interviews (had I lived closer the second round would have been in person). The first interview was with a recruiter that had no programming experience so I was asked typical behavioral questions and things about my resume (why do you want to work at Chubb, what experiences do you have that qualify you for this position, tell me about a time when you led a team, ect.).

The second interview was with a IT Project Manager so they had a technical background. There were no test questions but I did have to explain past experiences and projects in more technical detail.

The interview with the executive was much more technical. Questions about data mining and things like that. The interview didn't go as well as the previous two so I guess that is why I ended up working under the other manager.

All interviews were about a half hour to an hour.

Interview Questions
    • None were too difficult. There were no problem solving or puzzle questions. Examples: Why should we hire you, why do you want to work in IT, what do you know about Chubb? Typical interview questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation for interns or trainees

Underwriting Trainee Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Chubb Corp.

I received a call inviting me in for an interview for the following week. I came in for an afternoon of four separate interviews 45-60 minutes in length. The questions were pretty standard and since I was prepared and had had some interview experience in the insurance industry so it wasn't that bad. I interviewed on a Tuesday and received an offer on Friday of the same week.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chubb Corp.

Applied online and got a phone screen after 3-4 weeks. Phone interview were very general behavioral questions, took about 20-30minutes. Then got an offer to come in for an on-site interview, which were 6 interviews with different managers. There were about 30 candidates total in the pool and more than half of them had relatives working at the company already. I thought it was decent position for a recent college graduate like myself, but the trainee position consisted about a year long, and they put you in any branch they want you to work in after. Overall, it was good interview experience, although the underwriter managers seemed little uptight.

Underwriter Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Chubb Corp in December 2013.

The process was very easy and laid back. I was asked in, talked one on one with a representative of the company, they asked a few questions regarding education, career goals, and personality.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you want to switch careers from your current one to this one?   Answer Question

Commercial Underwriting Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehouse Station, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehouse Station, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Chubb Corp in September 2013.

It started with a phone interview that was fairly basic, your average phone interview. About two months (!) later I was brought in for the first round of in-person interviewing which was 5, 30 minute interviews each of which was with different HR or Management administrators. All of them asked mainly basic questions such as when was a time you worked with a team to come to a solution? or what is a time you had to negotiate? There was also a writing sample where you have to answer what the role of an underwriter is and what experience you have that is applicable to it. The second round of in-person interviewing was another 6, 30-minute interviews with branch managers from other cities. Similar questions, but some were more direct to insurance and underwriting.

Interview Questions
    • How will you sell your insurance or company to someone who doesn't think they need insurance? How will you separate yourself from other businesses?   Answer Question

Senior Premium Auditor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Chubb Corp.

The process starts with interviewing branch HR Mgr, then the branch and/or territory Loss Control Mgr will interview and expect the Premium Audit Mgr to interview as well. In some cases the branch manager will also interview. Expect both an initial telephone interview and then a face to face if you make the cut. Chubb is a very relationship oriented company. They expect the best and they expect a strong relationship building individual both internally and externally.

Interview Questions
    • There really is a not a difficult question other than technical questions in regards to the audit process, account management and the occasional question on dealing with difficult clients.   Answer Question
    Their initial offer was less than what I expected but they finally agreed to pay what I requested.

Claim Service Center Examiner II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsbury, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Chubb Corp in May 2013.

Found the job from indeed. Job description was interesting and applied online. Few weeks later was tele screened with standard behavioral style questions which took about 1/2hr. Few weeks later got a call to set up group interview. Went in and met with 2 managers who seemed to be very matter of fact and not very warm. They stressed on my abilities in regards to multi-tasking and organizational skills. Then into being able to evaluate situations. I could tell they were trying to see if I was a good fit for the position but they came off as cold and uninviting. Well it seemed like one would be the nice one and the other was the serious one. Overall it was an odd experience because I could not get a grasp as to what this job really entails and its responsibilities. Seemed like a one sided interview as they really wanted to "test" me. Never heard back from them but everything happens for a reason as I got a job with a different insurance company.

Interview Questions
    • Not verbatim: How are you able to organize yourself? How do you prioritize your work? Examples of time management and multi tasking.   Answer Question
    • Not verbatim: How would you handle a situation where you are being challenged by an insured? How would you enforce policy provisions?   Answer Question
    • Not verbatim: How do you learn? Can you handle complex situations which involve the ability to rationalize and evaluate situations consistently? How would you determine what questions to ask in an investigation of liability? How would you investigate?   Answer Question
    • Are you in attending school now?   Answer Question

Underwriting Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simsbury, CT

I applied online – interviewed at Chubb Corp.

The come off being very unorganized with the interview process. They called me about two different positions, but didn't set up interviews for either during those calls. Eventually, they contacted me to set up an a phone interview. The interview went smoothly, but never heard from them again after.

Interview Questions
    • No questions stuck out. There were few of them and they were basic.   Answer Question